Standing Strong Forever

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Misty went to the bathroom to clean her face and reapply her makeup one last time, and soon we gathered our belongings and gladly walked down eight flights of stairs so that we could remain together just a little longer before finally checking out of the hotel with only minutes to spare before the official check-out time would have been reached.

The car repacked, Misty and I both just sat there for a few minutes. We had four hours to somehow put our normal, cheerful faces back in place. It seemed like a very daunting task.

"I guess we'd better just get on with it," I finally said with a sigh of resignation.

"Yeah."

Only muscle memory enabled me to actually start the engine, but once I heard its distinctive sound and felt its power beneath my right foot, the part of me which has long loved driving and aspired to be a racer came quickly to the foreground. I turned on the radio, searching for a station with decent music, and as soon as I found one, I turned up the volume, quite surprised at the appropriateness of the song:

Let 'em say we're crazy, I don't care about that
Put your hand in my hand baby
Don't ever look back
Let the world around us just fall apart
Baby we can make it if we're heart to heart...

Patting my little sister's thigh, I gave her a hopeful smile, and, although it took her a few moments, it was a smile which she soon returned.

As we headed toward the highway, we had hope that somehow we would find a way to ensure that our relationship continued far beyond the moment we returned home.