Star Ch. 03

Story Info
The beautiful ones, they hurt you every time.
3.4k words
4.66
19.5k
8
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/05/2022
Created 01/01/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
c8er2u
c8er2u
180 Followers

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you to everyone who patiently waited for another installment! Now, I know I said there would be two chapters added, but I'm having some technical difficulties! anywho, enjoy my lovelies! ;)

*

"Face it kid, you're in love."

Staring blankly at the mirrored reflection of herself, Star tilted her head to the side and took in her body in the full-length mirror. She wore a tight black tube dress that went down to her knees, and clung mercilessly to her frame. The slight rueching at the waist added shape to her already curvy silhouette. Her hair fell down in loose waves around her shoulders and what lie atop her head can only be described as a raspberry beret.

She looked perfect. Wearing the minimalist of makeup, only mint flavored lip-gloss and a little mascara.

'You look perfect,' she thought to herself.

However, she could not tear her eyes away from the reflection staring back at her. From those eyes most importantly. On the outside, she looked beautiful, but her eyes couldn't hide the truth. That she was in love, head over heals in love, with her best friend. Something she would never have allowed herself to even think, let alone speak aloud. The words sounded strange and foreign coming from her mouth but she forced herself to speak the unthinkable:

"I, Star Rashida Langford, am in love with Micah Roberts."

Her heart thudded in her chest at the admission. She had said it, it was true, now what in the hell was she going to do about it? Weighing the pros and cons, she walked to her closet and pulled out her black stiletto's. Really, when it came down to it, she only had a few options. She could continue on as his friend, keep her big mouth shut and always have him in her life. Or, she could take the chance, take that gamble and tell him exactly how she felt. Of course, there was always the chance he didn't feel the same way, but there was always that chance that he did.

Star walked the short distance back over to her mirror. On the outside, she was beauty personified. However, on the inside she was a torrential storm of mixed emotions. Part of her was saying to keep quiet. It doesn't matter that you're not together; as long as you have him, you'll be okay. But another, larger part of her couldn't deny her feelings any longer. This side was screaming for her to pour out her heart and soul to the only one person who ever truly understood her. To take the chance, and risk losing him because in all honesty, she never really had him in the first place.

That realization hit Star like a ton of bricks. She looked directly into her reflection in the mirror.

"I never really had him in the first place."

She realized that even after all these years of friendship, she didn't have him. He wasn't hers, nor was she his. They were just friends. Nothing more, nothing less. And the only way they could ever be anything more, is if she did the scariest and most courageous thing she'd ever done in her life. She'd have to fight for him.

The thought filled Star's eyes with renewed vigour. She was going to tell him, tonight. Star grabbed the tickets off her dresser and dropped them into her clutch along with her wallet and keys.

"Look out Micah Roberts, the battle for your heart has begun, whether you know it or not!"

*****************

Micah was in the mirror trying to figure out what to do with his hair when his phone began to beep for a missed call. Entering his password, he listened to the recorded message.

"Hey babe, it's me! I hope you have an amazing time at the concert tonight! Don't miss me too much! And call me as soon as you get home, kay? Alright, I'll talk to you later!"

Micah promptly deleted the message, and hung up. The Lindsay spell was already beginning to wear off, and it hadn't even been a week.

"Where do I find these girls?" he asked himself aloud.

Resuming the task at hand, he reasoned with himself that it wasn't that Lindsay had changed at all, it was more that his interest in her had changed. Just like last time. Hell, just like every time!

His thoughts were interrupted by knocking at the door. Hopping up and down he tried to get a full view of himself in his small bathroom mirror. Unsatisfied, he went to the door. What he saw made his jaw drop. Star looked gorgeous. Absolutely, drop dead gorgeous.

Star just grinned.

"You like?" she asked striking a pose.

"Wow, Star you look..."

Star wrapped her arms around him and breathed him in. Her heart was whispering two words, "tell him," her mind were whispering another two words, "not yet."

Micah's singing interrupted her internal battle. He started out, at first singing softly in her ear.

"She wore a raspberry beret, the kind you find at a second hand store..."

Smiling to herself, she joined in.

"A raspberry beret! If it was warm she wouldn't wear much more!"

Mikey pulled back from her to look in her eyes and continued singing.

"Raspberry beret... I think I loooooove her!"

He was grinning from ear to ear by now, and her smile matched his. In that moment, it would have been so easy to say. 'Then just say it,' her heart chided.

"I have a present for you!" he exclaimed giddy as a schoolboy, and interrupting her thoughts.

"Really? What is it? And is that what you're doing with your hair? What time is it?" came her barrage of questions.

"Whoa, one at a time! First of all, it's nearly 5:30. Plenty of time! I'm gonna go finish my hair, because as you've noticed, it's a work in progress. Your present, is on the table-"

"Ooooooh!" came her squeals of delight and she took off to find her gift.

Closing the apartment door, he joined her in the kitchen just in time to see her demolish the wrapping paper and rip open the box. And there he was. Prince, in his entire purple, frilly glory sitting atop a pile of similar recordings.

" I... I don't..."

Star was speechless. This didn't happen too often. Micah took the opportunity to peruse her body. Star always exuded effortless beauty. Barely wore makeup, and when she did, you knew it was a special occasion. Most of her clothing was from thrift stores or something vintage from one of her aunt's closets. That did not mean she lacked style. She was always her own person, marching to the beat of her own drum so to speak. And tonight she looked utterly delectable in that skin-tight black dress, fighting back tears.

"You don't have to say anything; this is my thank you for tonight."

She looked up at him though watery eyes, her fingers mindlessly tracing prince's motorcycle. She grinned, and tried to blink back the tears that threatened to fall. Only Mikey would do something like this for her.

"Tell you what, how bout you go put one of those records on while I finish up."

Still incapable of speech, she nodded her head silently and began searching though the stack, as Micah stalked off to the bathroom. Realizing there was only one album she wanted to hear, she traipsed over to Mikey's beat up stereo and lifted the top to the record player. Carefully, she put the album in the player and dropped the needle. After a short pause, the sounds of "Let's go crazy" filled the room and she felt like she really was loosing her mind. Any resolve she had on the way over here was lost the second he'd opened the door. She had to tell him, she reasoned, just not yet. After the concert, that is when she'd tell him. She just hoped she didn't loose her nerve.

*********

Three hours, two wardrobe changes and a bottle of styling gel later, they were at the concert front and center. They'd missed most of the opening acts, but as long as they'd made it for the main event, Star was happy. The atmosphere was magnetic. There was an abundance of glitter and spandex, it felt like being transported back in time. The girl standing directly behind her was decked out in full 80's garb. From the stone washed tiered ruffled skirt, to the pink Lycra tank top. She even had the leg warmers and teased, feathered hair that probably took endless bottles of hair spray to achieve.

They'd seen countless reincarnations. There was Morris day, Apollonia 6, and of course, prince himself seemed to be in every row. The stadium was packed to the rafters with people who were growing more impatient by the minute. The stage was empty, save for the lonely announcer trying to rile the crowd. A bunch of people on the far left started singing "Darling Nikki." I guess as an ode to the old prince, seeing as how he doesn't perform songs like that anymore. Aaah, the good old days of the 80's, when star was barely a thought, and music was music!

The guy on stage was trying to get the crowd to chant his name, DJ so & so. The crowd responded with a muffled gurgle coming from all directions. After a few moments, it became clearer: Prince! Prince! Prince! The chant became louder, until finally the lights out, everything was completely black, and star couldn't see her own hand in front of her face. Firm hands enclosed around her waist and she jumped initially.

"Star, it's just me!" Micah yelled to her.

Star immediately relaxed into his arms and hugged him to her. The lights suddenly went up, a high-pitched scream/moan erupted over the microphone and the crowd went wild!

*************

Micah awoke the next morning feeling euphoric! Last night was one of the most amazing experiences of his life and of course, it was even better because he shared it with the most amazing woman in his life. The entire night his hands were itching to touch her. And when he finally did get her in his arms he didn't dare let her go.

The concert was fan-fucking-tastic! Absolutely worth the wait. He was on stage for almost 4 hours, singing all the old songs and some newer ones, like "Fury," and "Guitar." It was as if he died and went to prince heaven! And he of course, finished off the concert with his favourite song; Purple rain. He'd almost cried when he heard the opening. He was pretty sure star did cry.

It was hands down, the best night of his life.

Stretching in his bed, he heard a ruffling sound coming from his living room. He sat up, and thought about the bat he kept under his bed. That thought was pacified by the sounds of "Get off." Star came dancing into his bedroom, swaying and grinding her hips. She was wearing that t-shirt he loved, the one with the faded guitar on it, and a pair of almost too short shorts, her thighs completely exposed. She was singing along with the music, a sly grin on her face. It was all having a wondrous effect on him, and his body responded almost immediately, beginning to form a tent in the sheets.

She hadn't noticed, at least she pretended not to. She continued dancing her way over to his bed. When she began to crawl her way up the bed, he had a flash of déjà vu. However, this time instead of ripping his boxers off, as usual, she plopped herself down on the bed beside him and casually draped her legs over his.

"Top of the Mornin to ya!" she said.

Micah had that feeling again. He was itching to touch her, kiss her, fuck her... No! He had to redirect his thinking, try to concentrate on something else.

"Good morning beautiful, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

He was staring at her lips and she subconsciously licked them. Forcing himself to look away, he studied the muscles of her neck.

"Well, my cupboards are bare, which means so are yours. Which means, the two of us must venture out in search of food. I was thinking Safeway?"

She turned to him and caught him staring.

"What? Do I have something on me? Why are you looking like that?"

"Like what?" he asked.

He needed a quick recovery.

"Like I'm a sirloin steak or something!" she said laughing.

"Sorry I was just reminiscing about last night. That was the absolute best night of my life!"

"Aaaaaaah! I know!" she squealed, wriggling in closer to him.

She smelled like cocoa butter and strawberries, and Micah felt himself swelling even more. Needing to mask his "situation" he had going, he shifted closer to her, simultaneously tucking himself into the waistband of his underwear.

"Wasn't it just perfect? I haven't had that good a time in... ever!" she exclaimed. "It was absolutely worth every dollar!"

She was smiling so genuinely, looking over his head obviously lost in some memory of last night, and Micah took the opportunity to slip from the bed, hopefully with out her seeing his huge erection.

"Kay, while you take a trip down memory lane, I'm gonna hop in the shower and then we'll go okay?" he said wrapping a thick towel around his waist and quickly rushing out of the bedroom.

****************

His shower took forever, simply because his wood was unrelenting. Star banged on the door a few times, asking if he'd washed down the drain or something. After about 45 minutes, he'd emerged with a cloud of steam following close behind.

They decided to walk to the grocery store, seeing as how it was only a few blocks from their house. Star protested this because it looked like rain, so he gave her his powder blue rain poncho, and they were off. The entire walk, Micah could tell something was bothering star. She kept looking up at him as if she wanted to say something, but nothing came. Eventually, she put her music on and kept walking.

The skies were a dangerous shade of grey and looked like they'd open up and rain any moment. It was amazing how similar he felt. He wanted Star more than any woman in the world, no one else made him feel the way she did. Nevertheless, this was a love that could never be. He couldn't jeopardize everything they'd had, everything they had shared together to be with her, could he?

He toyed with the thought in his mind. Something he'd been doing a lot of lately. He thought about how right she felt in his arms last night, her scent, and how she thought she didn't know she cried when their song played. All he wanted to do was love her, but did he know how?

Every single relationship he had ended badly. He wasn't even the least bit friendly with any of his exes. He'd lied to them, cheated, ignored them and on a few occasions, he just stopped speaking to them, without giving the slightest inkling as to why. He wasn't a good boyfriend, never has been never will be. So why would it be any different with Star? There is no way he'd put Star though any of his bullshit. They'd been though enough already together.

"Mikey?" Star breathed, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Huh," he answered.

"I've gotta tell you something, but I don't know how to say it, so I'll just say it."

Micah was more than a little perplexed, looking around he realised they were already in the Safeway parking lot.

"What's the matter babe? You know you can tell me anything right?" he looked into her eyes and they were clouded over with something....

"Micah, I..." she trailed off, looking down at her feet. He let her take her time, but he was becoming increasingly worried.

"I..." she looked him back in the eyes, he was holding her shoulders.

"I love you Micah."

He was all out confused now.

"I love you too, but what's wrong?"

"No," she said shrugging out of his grasp.

"You don't understand, it's not like that, not anymore. Hell, I'm starting to doubt it ever really was like that. Jesus, this is coming out all wrong!"

Crumpling a bit, she ran her hands over her face. Micah was glued to the spot. He couldn't move. Was she saying what he thought she was saying?

Straightening again, she reached up and moved a lock of his blonde hair out of his face and stroked his cheek. The touch was so intimate, something they'd never shared before. She ran her thumb across his lips, along his jaw, and down his neck where they came to rest. He couldn't speak, all words were lost. Instead, he just stared into her eyes, which were so filled with, love.

"Micah, I've been in love with you for so long, I don't think I even realized it myself," she said, her fingers still stroking his neck.

Micah reached up, took her small hand and held it in his.

She loves you.

He looked down at their joined hands and then released it. Spiking his fingers though his hair he began to shift his weight from foot to foot.

She loves you.

He stared at his hands, his feet, and the car pulling into the lot. What was he supposed to do now? In his heart, he felt what could only be described as elation. Pure bliss.

SHE LOVES YOU!!!

But his mind was a tornado of thoughts swirling rapidly in his head. She, loves you? Where can you go from here? You'll only break her heart. That's what you do best!

"Star," he began, looking at his shoes.

"Where did... We're friends... You're my best friend, I don't want to jeopardise that."

He spoke quietly, his heart screaming at him to stop being a coward, and just tell her how he feels. His mind telling him to just spare her the heartache.

"Yeah," she said her voice barely a whisper.

"We've been friends for so long, Star. You understand..."

He looked at her now, she had to understand. She had to see how he felt. She had to know he loved her just as much. But the expression on her face showed only heartbreak. How could he make her see?

"Listen I gotta go, I'll call you okay?" he said, pulling her into a tight hug. He hoped she could tell, could feel it in how he held her. He just didn't want to hurt her.

"I'm sorry star," he whispered in her ear before letting her go.

Turning his back to her, he hung his head and walked away. What the hell just happened here? Did she just tell you she loved you and you walked away? Turning the corner he picked up his pace.

She loves you.

You love her.

So what is the problem then? Micah was walking so fast he was almost jogging. The problem was the same as it always was. He was no good for her. He didn't deserve her as a friend, let alone his lover. Star was everything good and wonderful, and he was anything but. Ask any woman who crossed his path, they'd tell you the same thing; Micah Roberts was bad news! A few of his exes came together and put him up on that website, "don't date him girl.com" or something.

Didn't she know he was terrible for her?

Micah was all out running now, with no destination in sight. He had no one to talk to about this. The only person he ever felt comfortable enough talking to was Star. Ignoring the burning in his thighs, he picked up speed.

The sky had begun to spit out sporadic droplets of rain and he thought of the temptations song "I wish it would rain."

She loves you.

His chest was tightening from lack of air; his legs were beginning to cramp. He slowed to a walking pace and the rain began to pour. He hadn't realized he was crying until he'd stopped a sob from escaping his throat.

She loves you, idiot! The most amazing girl you've ever known just told you she loves you! And you ran like your life depended on it!

"It's for the best," he choked aloud.

If only he could convince his heart.

c8er2u
c8er2u
180 Followers