Star Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
c8er2u
c8er2u
180 Followers

"Wait, don't go!" he reached out to stop her. She tore her arm from his grasp and stepped into her shoes.

"Don't leave like this, let's just talk-"

"I am sick to death of talking! Of this constant back and forth between us! The cards are on the table Micah so ante the fuck up!"

Her hand was on the doorknob, and he knew he needed to say something. He was loosing her. But his lips, wouldn't work. Nothing was happening, his brain was sending the signal, but no sound came.

"Just what I thought," she stated angrily swinging the door open and slamming it shut behind her. She didn't care that it was her own apartment she was storming out of, or that the landlord lived only a few doors down and could probably hear the slam. She also didn't care when she heard the huge crash a few seconds later. The only thing on her mind was escape.

*********************

Brian kept one eye on the door and the other on the bartender. The wishing well was deserted tonight and he was glad. Star was supposed to have been here over an hour ago, and she was never one to turn down free, anything! Things must have gone badly. Brian felt like a heel for making her go, she obviously wasn't ready...

"Barkeep!" he yelled to the attractive brunette behind the bar. She blatantly rolled her eyes and made her way over to him.

Bourbon straight up!"

As he watched the bartender fix his drink, his mind once again wandered to Star. Was she alright? Her cell phone was off completely, voicemail box filled to capacity. No doubt full of messages from Mr. wonderful and he was beginning to assume the worst. That she'd gone all "Juliet" and attempted suicide.

"$6.50," the bartender announced setting down the glass of amber liquid on a napkin and sliding it to him. A brown hand intercepted the glass. He watched as the glass went to familiar lips and the glass was drained like lemonade.

"Jesus Star! Slow down!"

"What is that, bourbon?" she asked.

Turning to the bartender who was still waiting for her money, she ordered another drink.

"Whiskey sour, no need for ice but keep em comin."

Brian watched her with trepidation, trying to figure how to broach the subject.

"Brian," she began, staring into her glass. "Why is life so damn hard? I mean, I am in love with a wonderful... idiot! Who loves me just as much as I love him. But yet here I am, back at the wishing well drinking my broken heart away because he's too much of a coward! I love that disaster of a man for some inescapable reason but I can't just keep torturing myself right?"

She looked up then, her eyes awaiting his response.

"We kissed Bri, and you know, I'm not one of those sappy, believing in fairytales, happily ever after type chicks but when we kissed,"

She paused to touch her lips remembering the feeling.

"It was just... magic." she paused again, but this time to finish off her drink and wave down another.

"But still, even after everything was put out in the open he wants to analyze it! He needs time to think and gather his, his thoughts! And so I gave him an ultimatum."

She was leaning slightly towards him on her barstool, her lids were heavy and her words slightly slurred. The liquor was hitting her hard. Brian moved closer and put his hand at her waist to support her.

"I told him, you wanna know what I told him?" she drawled.

Brian made eye contact with the bartender, and signalled to cut them off.

"What did you tell him?" he asked.

"I told him it was now or never. And do you know what he chose Brian?"

He didn't have to be told, it was pretty obvious what he chose.

"Star, I'm so sorry," he said pulling her into him. She held on tightly to him. She was sinking in a sea of lost love and this red headed Irishman, was like her white and red life raft. She dared not let him go for fear of drowning.

There was noise, at first faint and distant then drawing closer and closer until it burst through the door in the form of raucous laughter and singing.

Star lifted her head to see the mob invading their quiet solace. They appeared to be college students, taking the party on the road with them. They rushed the bar ordering tequila and jeiger bombs.

"Do you wanna take off? We can go home I'll get that bottle you were looking for this morning!" Irish proposed.

"No, I want to stay. Besides we were here-"

Star was interrupted by someone bumping into her from behind almost causing her to spill her drink.

"Uuuuuuuuughhh! What the fuck are you doing?" Star yelled whipping around to see who this dumbass was. The face she saw she couldn't identify at all, but the face recognized her!

"Oh my God Star? I'm sorry about that! It's gotten kinda crazy in here! How've you been?"

Star's face softened a bit; she was beginning to recognize the girl. One of Mikey's floozies, and her name was completely gone from Stars head.

"Oh, I've definitely seen better days. I'm sorry, I forgot your name," Star said extending her hand.

"Lindsay, we met a few months back though Micah?" she hesitantly took Stars hand. Most likely because Star wasn't exactly nice to the girl. Both times she encountered her.

"Of course, God where are my manners! Lindsay this is a close friend of mine Brian, also known as Irish. Bri this is Lindsay, a friend of Micah's."

Irish had a knowing expression on his face, as he offered his hand to Lindsay.

"Lindsay? Nice to meet you!"

They smiled genuinely at each other and Star decided to take this moment to escape before the "Mikey" subject came up anymore.

"Okay well I'm gonna go use the facilities, but I'll be right back. Lindsay, you wanna hold my seat for me?" Star asked hopping off the stool and wobbling a bit. The alcohol was hitting her where it hurts and she really did have to pee.

"You alright?" Brian asked reaching for her again.

"Yeppers! I'll be right back!" she yelled disappearing into the crowd. She didn't have it in her to go though the whole routine with her. It always happens, she sees one of Micah's conquests on the street, she doesn't know them, but they sure know her! They inevitably ask about Micah, where he's been, they haven't heard from him in a while, blah blah blah.

But this time was different. This time there were broken hearts and feelings in the mix.

She was weaving her way through crowds of people. Getting bumped into, followed by profuse apologies and offers of drinks of which she flatly refused. Once she finally made her way to the bathroom, she collided directly with what felt like a brick wall.

"Ow!" she shrieked falling backwards. Strong arms quickly surrounded her holding her steady.

"Whoa nelly! Slow down now, these bathrooms ain't goin anywhere!"

Star's head snapped upwards and she was face to face with Mr. one-night-stand. Live and in color. Looking like Channing Tatum, or some other scrumptiousness. On his face, a look of recognition mixed with trepidation and lust.

"You!" Star breathed anxiously trying to get out of his grasp.

"Me!" he said releasing her. A nervous smile played on his lips and he went to speak but Star beat him to the punch.

"I can't believe, you pick today of all days to pop back up again! Today, being one of the worst days of my life! And in the last, what, 25 minutes it's gotten progressively worse! What is this, blast from the past? Why is everyone showing up today?"

Star attempted to wriggle past him but he stopped her.

"Hey, why are you runnin off?" he asked, the adorable dimple in his cheek deepening.

"I gotta pee!" she yelled sliding into the bathroom and away from Mr. sexy.

She went directly to the sink. Ripping towels from the dispenser, she ran them under cool water and patted her face and neck. She was suddenly very warm!

"What the hell are you doing Star?" she asked her reflection. It didn't respond. Once a stall opened up, she relieved her aching bladder. Which thankfully had a sobering effect on her, and she returned to the mirror once again asking her reflection the same question.

"What are you doing?"

She honestly had no idea. Micah was what her heart wanted. What it needed. But obviously, that's not what was meant to be. Maybe fate is trying to tell her something with these reappearing acts. Maybe Lindsay is supposed to be with Micah not Star, maybe she's meant for someone else.

The entire situation was quite tragic and seemed more like the synopsis for the young and the restless than her life.

Taking a few deep cleansing breaths, Star decided to rejoin her friend and take him up on his offer. As soon as she opened the door though, Mr. sexy was waiting for her. Leaning up against the wall, he smiled at her.

"I was beginning to think you fell in!" he joked.

"Ha ha," she remarked, her face grim. "Look, don't you have some friends looking for you? A girlfriend waiting at the bar, someone waiting for your return?" she asked sarcastically.

His eyebrows rose at the word girlfriend, but he responded coolly.

"No one that won't mind waiting. Besides, we kinda have some catchin up to do, don't you think?"

"No, actually we don't! From where I stand, it's all very clear! We had our night together, but obviously all you wanted was a one shot deal! So that's what happened! Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!"

Star prepared to walk away, but stopped abruptly in her tracks when she heard the sounds of his hysterical laughter.

"What?" she exclaimed. He laughed harder.

"You mind telling me what you find so damn funny?"

Righting himself against the wall, he cleared his throat and began to speak.

"I'm sorry, about that, it's just the situation! It's hilarious!"

"I'm sorry too but I fail to see the comedy in waking up alone without so much as a name, a phone number, a forwarding address! I'm not that type of girl you know! The, the type that just takes random men home with her? That's not me!" she stated angrily.

Noting the hurt in her voice, he decided to explain.

"Okay, first of all, the name is Adrian." he said pointing to himself.

"Second, if you check your cell you'll find a number under the name Adrian," he once again pointed to himself.

"And third, after almost 3 weeks of not hearing from you, I decided to take a swing by your place. Saw you and your new blonde boyfriend walking out all hugged up. I took it as the final sign that she's just not that into you, and I gave up! Now here you are, beautiful," he paused, biting his bottom lip. "And angry because I blew you off. Most definitely not the case."

Star was dumbfounded. Jesus, this was too much information in one day! Star decided to check her ancient cell phone for verification. Sure enough, there was his name! She called the number and his pocket began to vibrate and sing.

Star slumped into the wall beside him and he began to laugh again. This time Star joined him. All those months of sexual deprivation, when relief was right at her fingertips!

"What you say?"

"Huh?" Star asked. Shit! Did she say that aloud?

"You just said something," he said, his laughter finished. A look of fresh interest on his face.

"No I didn't!" Star said laughing nervously.

A smug look crossed his face and he leaned in close to whisper in her ear.

"You don't have to deprive yourself of anything as long as I'm around. You know daddy knows exactly what to do to make you scream."

Star's knees went weak and she slid down the wall a bit. He chuckled as he steadied her against the wall. She cleared her suddenly dry throat before she looked into his big brown eyes and said,

"I need a drink!"

***********************

About four shots of Patrone and a shot of Jack Daniels later, a very anxious Adrian was leading Star outside. It turned out there was a lot about him that she didn't exactly remember. Like how charming yet forward he could be. She liked it though. It was a refreshing change from the complete uncertainty of her relationship with Micah.

Just as she was leaving out the door, she felt a tug on her hand.

"Whoa there! Just where do you think you're going?"

Damnit! She'd hoped to sneak out, but was obviously busted.

"Irish, I'm just stepping out with a friend," she slurred.

"Not in this condition you're not! And who the hell is this guy anyway? Do you even know him? What are you thinking running off like this?" he asked peppering Star with questions.

"Adrian, would you mind flagging us down a taxi? I have to talk to my friend."

"No problem," he said.

They waited until he walked away before anyone spoke.

"Brian listen to me. Over the years, I have watched as Micah fucked anything with a pulse. I on the other hand have been alone! Waiting for... prince charming I guess! Micah did not end up being my prince charming but he," she said pointing to Adrian. "Just might be!"

She attempted to storm off, as Adrian had successfully gotten a cab but Irish caught her at the wrist.

"Honestly? Your drunk and he's no prince charming! Just some bloke you met in a bar!"

"But see the difference is, he's here!" she said wrenching herself from his grasp.

"And he's not just someone I just met; I've known him for a while now! But that is outside the point! The point is, as much as I'd love for Micah to be my knight in shining armour he's not! He chose door number 2! But this man here is ready! And willing! And just like Micah, I'm moving on!"

"Lady! Are you comin or not?" the cab driver yelled out the window.

Star took one last look at her friend, his eyes pleading with her to use her better judgement. Hormones won the battle in the end.

"If you'll excuse me I have a taxi waiting for me," she announced, and with that, she disappeared into the taxi and drove off.

"Jesus Christ Star!" Irish yelled to himself running his hands over his face. "You're gonna be the death of me!"

He walked slowly back into the bar, praying like hell Star found her happily ever after.

c8er2u
c8er2u
180 Followers
12