Star Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
c8er2u
c8er2u
180 Followers

"I guess you got my message?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact I did."

He straightened in his seat and leaned in holding her in his gaze.

"I need to speak openly with you, is that okay?"

His eyes didn't waver at all. She nodded in response, words wouldn't come.

"Good," he said relaxing slightly in his chair. His eyes stayed locked on hers.

"I like you Star. I don't know how you did it but you worked your way under my skin in a way no other woman has in a long time. You know what I mean?"

Star just nodded again clutching her coffee in her hands.

"I have this unrelenting attraction to you. Even when I knew, I should have let it go. I would find myself thinking about you. About our night together."

Without realizing it, Star's mind travelled back to that night. Images of their two naked bodies flashed before her eyes and she had to fight to suppress a moan. Shifting in her seat she noticed that his eyes had taken on a more sultry look.

"You're thinking about it right now aren't you?"

She just nodded once again lost for words. He cleared his throat.

"I don't want it to just be about sex between us," he said.

"That's why I invited you out. I want to get to know you and vice versa. I feel something different with you Star and I want to fully explore any and all possibilities with you."

She stared on entranced by the words he was speaking. The cocky grin reappeared on his lips.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is I'll be by to get you by eight."

"You said that on the answering machine," she said speaking her first words in forever. Her voice came out hoarser than she'd intended.

"I guess I did huh. Just want to make sure I was heard."

He glanced down at his watch. Then back up at her.

"I think we better hightail it outta here."

She looked at her phone.

"Shit!" She was four minutes late for class, and was ten minutes away from school. She got up abruptly and made for the exit.

"I'll see you Friday!" he called after her as she ran out the front doors.

"Yeah!" she yelled back. This was the first time she'd be late since elementary school. She was not pleased. To say the least.

**************

The rest of the week blew by, much to the annoyance of Star and before she knew it, it was Friday.

Friday morning Star awoke at 7:45 realizing the power went out at some point in the night because her hello kitty alarm was flashing zeros and hadn't woken her up!

Panicking, she dashed to the shower and somehow washed her whole body in 2 minutes. She was supposed to be at work already! Well, in twelve minutes. But her alarm was supposed to have gone off an hour and a half ago!

Moving at the speed of light, Star was amazingly in her car by ten to eight. She dialled work while she was manoeuvring her way onto the freeway. Her boss was irritated to say the least. Star was pissed. It's not like she had ever been late before!

She was doing 110 in a 90-mile zone and if she didn't slow down, she'd be stopped very soon. She eased on her brake and realized the rest of traffic had slowed as well. That's when she saw it. A five-car pile up about a mile ahead of straight highway, and traffic all around was at a stand still.

She eventually brought her car to a stop as well and laid her head against the steering wheel. One thought popping up in her head repeatedly: Today was not going to be a good day.

By the time Star got to work, she was an hour and a half late. They had to wait until the tow trucks came to move the cars but because traffic was so backed up, they had no way of getting to the narrow stretch of road.

When she got to her desk, her supervisor was giving her the evil eye. She logged in and went to work.

4:00 arrived not a moment too soon and Star was outta there! Apparently, it was stupid question day and no one had notified her. Every call she took today was pointless. She got everything from prank calls to pure idiots. She needed out before she ripped someone's head off.

Hopping in her car again, she decided to go grab dinner before she went to her evening class. She tried three different restaurants but they all had about a twenty-minute wait for a table. She grudgingly settled for fast food and decided to go to her class early.

It was a two-hour long lecture and was one of her most boring classes. She was fast asleep thirty minutes in.

Star was awakened by the sounds of people shuffling. She looked at her phone and realized it was seven! She'd slept through basically the entire class! It's a good thing she knew a girl who taped the lectures because she'd definitely be screwed.

It was then that Star realized she hadn't really made up her mind. Was she going to open mic night? Or was she going to listen to jazz?

Slowly, she gathered her belongings and left the building. She'd have to make up her mind and quick. Glancing at her phone again, she looked at the time. 7:18! Adrian was due in forty minutes and she looked like hell in a hand basket.

"Shit!"

Star ran to her car for the umpteenth time that day.

****************

It was a quarter after eight and Star was nowhere near ready. It took her forever to get home because she avoided the highway hoping to avoid her earlier mistake. It took her twice as long to get home because Sunday drivers were everywhere. Or maybe it was her road rage.

As soon as she'd shut her front door she went directly to the shower and stayed there until the buzzer sounded for the front door.

Uh oh.

He was here! And he was early! Shit! Star ran from the shower almost slipping in the pool she'd made on the floor. She ran to her bedroom and towelled off. Just as she was attempting to dry her now smooth legs, there was a knock at the door.

Wrapping the towel around her, she rushed to answer it. She flung open the door and yelled, "Make yourself at home I'll be in the bedroom getting ready!" It came out so fast she had trouble understanding what she'd said herself!

She raced back to her bedroom and looked at the time. Quarter after eight? When did that happen? Star ran around the room in a blur. She put on vanilla scented body oil, put on her sexy black boy cut lace panties with the matching demi bra. She then put on a pair of skin-tight light denim jeans, a tight white baby tee, and her four-inch black ankle booties. She pulled her hair into a tight bun at the nape of her neck and checked her reflection. Understated, but sexy.

All of this took place in the span of five minutes.

She emerged from her bedroom to find Adrian still in the small hallway looking slightly confused but devastatingly sexy. Jesus, there should be laws put in place for guys like him. His wardrobe was not unlike her own, white tee that hinted deliciously at what was underneath. Faded denim jeans that hugged him snugly at his hips, crisp pair of white sneakers on his feet. And was that lacoste she was smelling?

He was starring her up and down. Was looking like he was about to throw her over his shoulder and carry her back into that bedroom cave man style. Me Tarzan, you Jane style. She shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot.

"Damn," was all he said. She smiled at him and grabbed her little leather jacket from the closet.

"I'm glad you like!" she said.

Wordlessly, he opened the door for her. She grabbed her purse and locked the door.

He was staring again, and it was making her uncomfortable again.

"Do I have something in my teeth or something?" she asked as they made their way to his car.

"Naw, why?"

"Because you keep staring at me like I'm water in a desert!" she laughed nervously. When they got to his car, he leaned in and kissed her full on the lips. It was a quick peck, full of promise and the intent was clear; I plan on doing so much more later.

**************************

Fifteen minutes later, they were strolling into Chexx lounge. The sounds of cool jazz invaded her ears and Star wanted to relax. She really did but she was torn. She was here with a wonderful guy who evidently wanted more than just sex from her. He wanted to explore any and all possibilities with her. Wanted to get to know her.

Hold me close and hold me fast, the magic spell you cast, this is La vie en Rose. When you kiss me heaven sighs, and though I close my eyes I see La vie en Rose.

She felt sick. Her stomach felt like it was suddenly in knots. Adrian found them a table in a secluded corner and she sat, not making eye contact.

"Hey, do you want a drink?" he asked trying to get her attention.

"Whiskey sour, no ice." she stared at her hands refusing to look at him.

When you press me to your heart, I'm in a world apart a world where roses bloom. And when you speak angels sing from above, everyday words seem to turn into love songs.

She felt him give her a worried look. She could feel his confused eyes on her. She never looked up. He finally left to grab their drinks. She was such a bitch. A stupid bitch. Only stupid bitches get themselves in situations like these. Micah would be so hurt, he was probably wondering where she was right now. She checked her watch. It was a quarter to nine. She felt sick.

Give your heart and soul to me, and life will always be, La Vie en Rose.

"Louis please," she sighed aloud. The song mixed into another. A band was setting up on the surprisingly large stage. Star felt sick.

The tables are empty, the dance floor's deserted. You played the same love song, it's the tenth time you've heard it. That's the beginning, just one of the clues. You've had your first lesson in learnin the blues.

Adrian returned with two short glasses in his hands. He sat one down in front of her and pulled the chair around to sit next to her. Oh God, he smelled so good.

"You wanna tell me what's goin on in that head of yours?" he asked nudging her with his shoulder.

The cigarrettes you light, one after another, won't help you forget him, and the way that you love him. You're only burning, a torch you can't loose. But you're on the right track, for learnin the blues.

She winced. It was all getting to her. The music, the man beside her, and the one on the other side of town with a soon to be broken heart.

The drink was gone in three swallows. It burned all the way down, a more than welcome distraction.

She stared into the empty glass and he silently studied her, patiently waiting for her to explain. She finally looked at the gorgeous man she was sharing a table with. The first time she'd done so since they'd arrived.

When you're at home alone, the blues will taunt you constantly. When you're out in a crowd the blues will haunt your memory. The nights when you don't sleep, the whole night you're cryin. But you can't forget him, soon you even stop tryin. You'll walk the floor and wear out your shoes. When you feel your heart break. You're learnin the blues.

It wasn't until she looked at him. And I mean really looked at him, that the realization hit her. She stared into his beautiful brown eyes and realized they weren't that deep green that Micah's were. And although his smile was enough to make any woman's panties dampen, it wasn't Micah's wide toothy smile.

And most of all, although he was perfect for her, everything she should want in a man, he wasn't Micah.

"I have to go," she said sadly.

His expression was a mixture of shock and disappointment, which made her heart ache. She never wanted to hurt him.

"I think you are a wonderful man, one of the sexiest men I've ever laid my eyes on. You're confident, funny... you're the total package!"

She leaned into him and cradled his face in her hands. She looked him over, trying to burn his image into her memory. If only they'd met a few years ago, maybe things would have been different.

Star knew that wasn't true. Her heart belonged to someone else and no matter what way she looked at it, she'd only end up hurting him in the end.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered closing her eyes.

Placing a soft, lingering kiss on his cheek, she wondered if he'd be okay. She released him but held his gaze once again. She couldn't bring herself to look away, knowing that any ill feelings he harboured were completely her fault.

"Are you okay?" she asked apprehensively.

He looked away and cleared his throat. When he looked back at her he was smiling, but it didn't reach his eyes. They still held disappointment.

"I guess I should've known huh? Too good to be true. It's okay, I totally understand."

The smile fell from his lips and he turned away from her towards the stage. She placed a final hand to his back and got up.

"Goodbye Adrian."

He never looked up.

***************

"Taxi!!!" she screamed as she weaved though the streets trying unsuccessfully to hitch a ride.

She had seven minutes.

She saw a yellow car making it's way towards her. It wasn't going to stop.

"Taxi!!!" she yelled again waving her arms.

The empty cab drove directly by her.

"Son of a Fucking Bitch!"

She began to sprint down towards the busier streets. There'd be a taxi there. There'd have to be a taxi. She was stopped mid stride by her heel getting caught in the pavement. She damn near broke her tibia. She ripped her leg free and kept on running. She just needed to get into a taxi. She could still make it.

She spotted one; it was making a right onto her street. She ran into the middle of the road directly in front of the car and cringed waiting for it to hit her. It came to a screeching halt inches away, thank you Jesus!

"What the fuck are you doing? You want to die? Get out of the road!" the old Indian driver yelled at her.

"No! I just need a ride!" she pleaded already making her way to the back seat.

"Okay, next time just wave your arms!" he said imitating the same thing, she'd been doing for the past few minutes. "You kill me!"

"I'm sorry! Please, I need to get to the wishing well, downtown in the next," she pulled out her phone and checked the time.

"Five minutes!" she screamed more at herself. There was no way; they were ten minutes away from the wishing well. She'd never make it in time. She felt her stomach flip-flopping and her throat became thick with emotion. She wasn't going to make it!

"Five minutes? You pay extra?" he asked pausing slowly at a stop sign.

"Yes!" she screeched at him.

"Okay! Five minutes!" he yelled and stepped on the gas.

***********

He must've only driven on two wheels the entire way. He'd made a valiant effort too, cutting off cars and cursing out drivers in broken English. She almost made it. She was almost there.

That is until they hit the downtown core. The streets were like a maze and everyone seemed to be driving at snails pace. She checked the time. 8:59. She wasn't gonna make it.

Reaching into her purse, she grabbed two twenties and threw them to the driver with a quick thank you. She had to make it.

Star hopped out the cab in the middle of traffic and resumed her sprint. She just had to get there. She had about four city blocks to go. Her thighs ached. It had been too long since she'd done anything this strenuous.

She kept running.

She kept seeing his face, disappointed, hurt, trying to play his guitar. Her chest heaved. Her thighs were on fire. Two more blocks to go, you can make it Star! Just keep going Star!

She ran directly through a red light and almost got hit for the second time today. She couldn't stop, had to keep running. She lost the lift on her heel ages ago, causing and uneven click clack when she ran. She could care less. As long as they didn't disintegrate off her feet, she'd be okay.

She ran past drunks, smokers and homeless people, all looking at her quizzically. She was oblivious. Her destination was in sight now. Less than a block to go.

"Just hold on baby, I'm on my way."

She ran the remaining distance at a slightly slower pace. She retrieved her phone from her pocket. 9:06.

"Shit!"

She picked up the pace again and ran past the large group assembled outside through the doors and right into security. Star felt like she ran face first into a brick wall. Since when did they have security?

"ID please," a tall, muscular and unimpressed man asked.

She dug frantically in her purse for her wallet and handed him the card. He quickly looked at it and handed it back to her.

Her breath came out in ragged pants as she fought in vain to catch her breath. Star anxiously scanned the room. She was hoping, no praying he wasn't angry with her.

Then she saw him.

They had a small stage set up in the corner. It housed a barstool and a few mic stands. There he was nervously checking his phone, guitar in his lap, chewing his bottom lip. He was waiting for her.

"I'm here!" she yelled. He didn't hear her.

She didn't take her eyes off him but her body was drawn to him like a magnet. She weaved through the crowd, her gaze unwavering and then he saw her. His eyes landed on hers and immediately her vision was blurred with tears.

"Baby, I made it!" She whispered standing stock still in the middle of the crowd.

He looked at her, as though there wasn't another soul in the room. As if not another soul existed.

"You made it," he said into the microphone, drawing the attention of the crowd. He never once took his eyes off her as he lifted his guitar, played a few opening chords and began to sing.

I've been so many places in my life and time. I've sung a lot of songs, I've made some bad rhymes. I've acted out my life in stages With ten thousand people watching But we're alone now, and I'm singing this song for you.

I know your image of me is what I hope to be I've treated you unkindly but darlin' can't you see There's no one more important to me Baby can't you see through me Cause we're alone now, and I'm singing this song for you. You taught me precious secrets of the truth withholding nothing You came out in front and I was hiding But now I'm so much better, and if my words don't come together Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding.

I love you in a place where there's no space or time I love you for in my life, you're a friend of mine. And when my life is over Remember when we were together When we were alone and I was singing this song to you. When we were alone and I was singing this song to you.

Applause broke out and loud whoops and hollers were heard. He was supposed to keep going, he still had another twenty minutes. But he was packing up and stepping away from the stage.

Star was floored. Completely blown away. Of course, she'd heard him sing before but never, ever like this. There was so much raw emotion and truth in his voice; she knew he sang every single word from his heart.

And he sang it for her.

He was coming towards her, greeting people who stopped him in between all the while keeping his eyes on her.

Her feet were aching, her legs were threatening to cramp but she stood quiescent and still waiting for him to make his way to her.

When he reached her he pulled her willing body flush against him, hard against soft, and he kissed her senseless.

As soon as his lips touched hers, she moaned unable to contain herself. His lips were firm and demanding, and she felt her body give against his when his tongue gained entry into her mouth.

More whoops and catcalls broke out; neither heard a sound.

She let him own the kiss, following his lead as he bit and sucked on her lips. When his tongue brushed against her front teeth she parted them granting him access into her mouth. He took it exploring the sweetness of her mouth.

He was aggressive, taking possession of her mouth. She was passive, massaging his tongue with her own. She snaked her hands down his back, cupped his ass, and then squeezed.

He moaned into her mouth and that single deep rumbling sound turned her legs to jelly. They gave out and if it weren't for his arms around her, she'd be laid out on the floor below.

c8er2u
c8er2u
180 Followers