Star-Crossed Lovers

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HLD
HLD
2,972 Followers

"Computer," she called.

"Yes, Miss Torres?" a pleasant voice replied.

"Close the blinds all the way. Lights to thirty percent."

The room dimmed and the shields began to lower over the windows, blocking out the outside light.

In the dim light, Maylene motioned for Eric to join her in the bed.

"I hope I'm not being presumptuous," she said softly. There was a slight smile on her lips. "Lights to ten percent."

Eric could barely see, but he could make out the gentle lines on her face. Her artificial eyes gave off a soft blue glow in the darkness.

Maylene was lying on her back. She reached over and pulled the shirt over his head.

With a mental trigger that had become reflex, Eric dialed down the power in his artificial arms; he didn't want to injure either of them. He hoped she had done the same.

Her hand brushed against his chest. The hand then went behind his shoulder and pulled him towards her.

Their lips met. Her skin was soft, fresh from the rejuvenation tank.

Eric was tentative at first, but when Maylene pulled him closer he kissed her harder.

The sheet was still between them.

"Maylene," he started. "I—"

"Shhhhhhh, Eric," she replied softly. "Computer, lights out."

The room was almost pitch black. There was a dim emergency light over the door and a few cracks around the windows, but otherwise he couldn't see anything.

Maylene pushed him back and began tugging at his civvies. He sat back and undressed. Somehow Eric already knew she was naked.

He traced his way up Maylene's legs until he felt her take his hands. She pushed the sheets away and pulled him on top of her.

They kissed again. Desperately.

His body was pressed against hers. She wrapped her arms around him.

The pair held each other for a long time. After months in a sterile hospital wing and more months on an impersonal battle fortress, both needed some intimacy. They were always among strangers.

Soldiers don't attach themselves easily. Especially in combat. When new guys come around, the veterans often stay away from them, not because they don't like them, but because they know that until the first firefight is over, there's a good chance that the kid right out of training won't be around for a second one.

The loneliness had taken a toll on both Eric and Maylene. Their usual support networks of friends and comrades in arms were gone. All they had was each other.

How long would their time together last? Eric didn't know. He didn't care.

Biting her lip gently, he turned Maylene's head to the side and then started kissing his way to her ear and then down her neck.

Maylene responded to the stimulation slowly at first. She gasped slightly when he hit the sensitive spots. Her hands tensed when his teeth raked her collarbone.

In the darkness he explored and touched her. Not with his hands, but with his mouth and his face.

He brushed his cheek against her body, savouring its warmth. The skin on her neck and shoulders was soft.

Eric's hands were useless for this. They didn't have any nerve endings in them. Only pressure sensors and temperature indicators. He brushed his cheek against her because it was the closest thing to really touching her his battered body had.

Just below her shoulders, the feel of Maylene's body changed. Her skin was rough and scarred. Skin grafts.

Ever so gently, Eric brushed his cheek against her skin. He could feel her trembling. Her left side had been terribly burned and that's where the texture was harshest. The nipple on the breast was gone.

He kissed and rubbed against her, taking the time to explore every inch of her body. He needed to feel close to someone,anyone, even if it was only for a 72 hour pass.

The right side of Maylene's body hadn't been burned so badly. He could feel the goosebumps on her skin. Her nipple hardened in his mouth. She arched her back and moaned softly as he swirled his tongue around the sensitive areola.

He started to kiss his way down to her stomach, but her hands stopped him. She pulled him back up to her and kissed him.

Eric's naked body lay atop Maylene's. Her arms were around him, holding him close.

In a couple of spots, he could feel the rough texture of her skin against his.

He brushed his cheek against hers. It was wet. Her breathing was stilted. She was trying not to cry.

Propping himself up on his elbows, Eric pressed his body against Maylene. His cock was hard and he started to grind against her, his head looking for the opening to her sex.

She responded by spreading her legs.

Eric wanted the lights to be on. He wanted to see Maylene's beautiful face as they made love. But now wasn't the time and he knew it.

Both let out an audible gasp when he entered her.

Maylene arched her back as Eric pushed forward. Her hands grasped his shoulders as he sank into her.

Their bodies tensed until his entire length was inside her. Then Eric leaned in and they kissed.

Her lips were wet and tasted slightly salty. Tears.

Ever so slowly, Eric withdrew and then began to move his cock inside her. She responded tentatively at first, then eagerly.

None of the therapy Eric had endured over the past four months was worth the next ten minutes of his life. As the two made love, all of the tension, anger, loneliness and despair was washed away. Just being close to Maylene made Eric feel like a whole man again, not a broken soldier with machine parts.

Maylene wrapped her arms around him and pulled him close.

"Oh, god," she moaned. "Oh . . . oh, Eric . . ."

He pumped faster.

"You feel so good inside me." Although her voice was soft, there was an edge to it.

Maylene arched her back as Eric continued to piston in and out of her.

Their lips met again. This kiss wasn't so gentle. It was hungry.

"Oh, fuck," she moaned. "Fuck me, Eric . . . Fuck me hard . . . That's it . . . Right there . . . Oh! . . . Oh!"

With one final gasp, Maylene's grasped, then she threw her head back into the pillows.

Eric reached up and gently squeezed her scarred breast and then felt her pussy flood with warmth.

"Cum with me!" she cried out. "Cum in me . . . please!"

That was all he needed.

His cock seemed to explode inside her.

Eric's hips kept moving until his balls were drained. He collapsed on top of Maylene and kissed her again.

The only sound in the darkened room was their laboured breathing.

They held each other for a long time, neither of them wanting to move.

Her touch was comforting and familiar. Finally, afraid that he was going to fall asleep on top of her, Eric rolled over on to his back.

Maylene snuggled up to him. Eric pulled her close, not because his artificial arms could feel her, but because he knew she wanted to be as near to him as possible and that they both needed to feel close to the other.

He could feel her shallow breath on his shoulder and her skin against his chest.

Neither said another word and soon sleep claimed them both.

*********************************

The first blow hurt the worst.

Then his combat conditioning took over. He could hear his heart pounding and the blood rushing through his veins. Instantly awake, he absorbed Maylene's swinging fist with his shoulder and caught her wrist when she came back at him with her other hand.

His immediate instinct was to snap her elbow and then crush her throat, but years of training and discipline took over.

She thrashed around on the bed. Eric clicked something in the back of his mind and his cybernetic limbs were instantly powered up to full strength.

Pulling his lover close to him, he whispered into her ear and tried to rouse her.

Maylene continued to struggle against him, although she wasn't nearly as strong as he.

"Computer," he called. "Lights on!"

He had to close his eyes as the darkened room was flooded with illumination. Maylene jerked in his arms a couple of times. Her body went limp for a second, then she tried to sit up. Eric held her close.

She blinked back the haze. As soon as she realised what had happened, she tried to push Eric away. He held her closer.

Her body started to shake. He whispered soothing things into her ear. She started to sob.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I'm so sorry . . ."

"It's okay," he replied, rocking her back and forth. "It was just a dream . . . It was just a dream . . ."

After several minutes, her breathing calmed. She still trembled in his arms.

"Eric—" Her breath came in short staccato bursts. She was trying not to cry.

His lips went to hers, silencing anything else she might have had to say. They held each other close; neither said a word, but their touch spoke volumes.

*********************************

They spent the rest of the day in their room, holding one another. Maylene pulled her robe tight around her or stayed under the covers, still uncomfortable about showing her scars to Eric.

That night, they went out to dinner at a restaurant overlooking the valley.

When they were through with the meal, Maylene reached across the table and took Eric's hand. "Let's go up to the observation level, I want to watch the sunset."

They got a warm drink and went to stand by the big bay windows. The red sun was just starting to set.

Maylene folded herself into Eric's arms. Her head rested on his shoulder, her back to the window. He put his arms around her and knew that she just wanted to be close to him.

"Tell me about the sun setting, Eric," she whispered.

"What—?"

"I've turned my eyes off," she said quietly. "I don't want to look. It's . . . it's hard to describe . . . Having these eyes is like looking at a stereovision tank all the time. The colours and images are close, but they're not real . . ."

Her voice trailed off and she started to shake.

Eric squeezed her tight. Her cheek brushed his neck and she kissed him right below the ear.

He began to narrate for her. "The sky is turning red. There are a few clouds. They're orange and red and yellow."

She let Eric hold her.

"I remember a sunset just like this," he continued talking, as much to himself as to her. "I was . . . maybe twelve . . . Mom and dad both had a shore assignment and took us camping in the Grand Tetons . . ."

He shared with Maylene a couple of other stories as the sun fell below the horizon. She said nothing. They stood there, oblivious to the other around them, until the last rays had disappeared from the sky. He tried to narrate the scene as he would want it described to him.

"Thank you, Eric," she said quietly. There was a long pause before either of them spoke again.

"What would you like to do?" he asked. "Catch a show? Get some dessert?"

She blinked a couple of times and her eyes flickered. Putting her hands around his neck, she pulled him close and kissed him passionately. "Take me back to the room, Eric. I want you to make love to me."

He didn't need to be asked twice and they walked arm-in-arm to their room.

The blinds were open giving them a wonderful view of the valley. Persepolis City glowed in the distance while the stars shone down from the sky. Maylene led him to the bed and they made love again and again.

****************

The rest of their leave passed quickly. Eric and Maylene held one another, sharing intimate touches and lingering kisses. They talked a little bit, but mostly just wanted to be near each other. Both knew that they had to get back to the base soon. Back to the war.

Just before they checked out, they lay in the bed. The sheets were rumpled around them. Still Maylene was quick to pull the covers over her.

"Thank you for this weekend," Maylene said softly. She lay in the crook of Eric's arm, her head on his shoulder.

"I should be the one thanking you," he replied. "This trip was your idea."

"How much longer before they're going to clear you for duty?" she asked. What Eric heard was,How much longer do we have together?

He turned and kissed her forehead. "I don't know. A couple of weeks. What about you?"

Maylene shrugged. "About the same. Technically, the can recall me at anytime. It's not like I do anything other than sit in a VR rig. The droud does all the work."

Eric put his hand under her chin and brought her lips to his. He could tell there was more she wanted to say, but neither of them wanted to be the one to bring it up.

Her eyes flashed over to the chrono and she pulled back.

"We have to get going," she whispered, regret and dread hanging heavy in the air.

She rolled out of the bed and pulled the sheet with her. As she stood, Eric looked away, not wanting her to feel more self-conscious than she already did. Maylene went into the bathroom by herself, as she had done for the past two days, to dress.

Eric got out of the bed and dressed. He kicked himself for not saying all the things he wanted to. While he waited, he packed up their things.

After a few minutes, Maylene came out, her body covered by a long dress. Eric took her in his arms and kissed her eagerly.

They gathered their bags around them and headed down to the main level of the resort.

As they waited for a cab back to the spaceport, Maylene got out her holo camera. The three satellite cameras came to life, their small anti-grav drives buzzing slightly. They formed a triangle around the two in the main lobby, took several 3-D pictures and then returned to her camera bag.

All the while, Erie and Maylene held on to each other, as if they could ward away their return to their regular Navy lives.

The shuttle came anyway and without another word, the couple was back at the spaceport. She took a couple more pictures of the two of them, and all too soon, they were back at the citadel. Back to the gunmetal grey navy.

Eric walked her back to her room. They absently held hands, and drew a few curious stares from those on the station.

She opened her door and then turned into Eric's waiting arms. He gave her a deep kiss that ended all too soon. She pulled back and stepped into her room.

"Thanks for a great weekend." Her smile had just a hint of bitterness in it. Their escape had only been temporary and each had responsibilities that could not be put off. Both knew it, but that didn't make things any easier.

He couldn't find any words to adequately reply. He stood there for a second, wanting to say more.

Taking a deep breath, he asked, "How about dinner tonight? I'll come by at nineteen hundred."

"I can't wait."

He started to say something else, but stopped. They shared an awkward smile and then he turned and headed back to his bunk.

****************

Over the next week, Eric and Maylene both had lots to do. He was finishing up his physical therapy. Maylene was cleared for active duty and awaiting assignment.

Eric walked down the corridor, two envelopes in his hands. One was his orders. The other was for Maylene. He, too, had made friends with the comm chief and now it was his turn to surprise Maylene.

She was in her cabin. Eric hit the buzzer and a second later, her face showed up on the screen.

He waved the envelope. "I've got something for you."

"Give me a second."

The door opened and Maylene stood inside the small cabin. Her roommate must have been at physical therapy.

Eric handed her the envelope. She opened it up tentatively and read through the cover page. Her eyes got wide.

"Congratulations,Commander," Eric said.

She smiled slightly. A sad look flashed across her face, almost too quickly for Eric to see.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"Let's go up to Luigi's tonight for dinner," Eric said. "I'm buying."

Maylene stared blankly at him for a second, then gave him a big smile. "I'd like that."

"Dress whites," Eric said. "We're celebrating your promotion. Pick you up at eighteen-thirty."

She smiled at him. There was a distant look in her eyes. "I'll be here."

Eric gave her a quick kiss, and then disappeared down the hallway, happily humming a tune.

Extending from the top of the citadel is a spire that looks oddly out of place. Amidst the laser cannons and missile launchers that lined the station, the small tower seems to sit alone in space.

On the top deck is a restaurant, run by a civilian contractor to bring a little slice of "home" to the otherwise spartan battlefortress. Reservations were hard to come by, but Eric had somehow wrangled not only a table for dinner, but seats that had a spectacular view of the surrounding space.

They talked quietly. Both seemed to know that their time together was coming to an end. Maylene would go back to a squadron, Eric to the Teams. They each seemed determined not to squander the few days they had left.

After dinner, Eric and Maylene walked arm-in-arm around the observation deck. There were a few other people there, mostly couples trying to make the most of precious little time. There wasn't an empty couch or loveseat to be found.

"Let's go back to your room," Maylene whispered in his ear. "I want to make love to you."

Eric took her in his arms and pulled her close. Their foreheads touched and they brushed the tips of their noses together.

His lips went to hers. He gave her a series of short, featherlight kisses. Her hands went to the back of his neck and she pulled him to her.

There was something new to her touch. Desperation.

Maylene bit his lip and then took his hand. They went back to his cabin. Neither spoke along the way.

Just as they got through the door, Maylene's hands went to the buttons on Eric's tunic. He was all over her, too.

Their uniforms fell to the floor on the way to one of the twin beds. Eric pulled Maylene's undershirt over her head.

"Computer, lights to ten percent," he called, knowing that she didn't want him to see her burn scars.

"No," Maylene breathed. "Computer, lights to forty percent."

"Maylene . . . are you sure?" Eric asked.

"Yes, lover," she replied, a hint of fear and nervousness in her voice. The lights were dim, but he could see clearly.

Eric pulled her even closer. He pressed his lips to hers. They were so soft.

His hands caressed her bare shoulders. His mechanical fingertips made her skin tingle, even the skin that was scarred. Her hands went to his belt and his pants fell around his ankles.

She pushed him towards the bed. He was completely naked, Maylene was still wearing her bra and the long skirt of her dress uniform.

"Lay down," she said quietly. Eric could see she was trembling.

Flat on his back, Eric looked up at Maylene. She stood at the foot of the bed. Her hands went behind her back and then the bra straps fell off her shoulders. She tossed it to the floor. Then she pushed her skirt over her hips.

Eric had to remind himself to breathe.

Almost all of Maylene's body had been burned, her left side worse than the right. Her skin was rough and coarse in places. The only places her skin was smooth were her face which had been grown back in a tank and her mechanical limbs.

She stood there for a long moment. Her arms were crossed nervously in front of her, as if she could cover up for him. Tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Maylene," he whispered. He knew what she needed to hear. She was opening herself up to him. She was vulnerable. "You look beautiful."

Choking back more tears, she tried to form the words. "You're just saying that."

Eric extended his hand. Maylene took it. He pulled her down on to the bed with him. He wiped the tears from her eyes and she straddled his lap.

"No, lover," he said gently. "I mean it."

Their lips met. Eric kissed her eagerly and pulled her close. Their bodies pressed together.

"Look," he pointed between them. "An erection doesn't lie . . ."

Maylene laughed slightly, her tears still coming. Her voice was barely audible. "Thank you."

He pushed her back for just a moment and looked straight into her cyber-optics, a serious look on his face. "Really . . . Maylene, you are the most beautiful woman I know."

HLD
HLD
2,972 Followers