Starfinder: The Jade Regent Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Oni battlefleet moved over the world and started to bombard it. They saw vast cities in flames as Tian civilians ran screaming for shelter that they could not find as the sky grew thick with ash and cinders.

That image faded...the second image they saw was a young man dressed in gorgeous and orante robes. He was clearly some high official, and he walked through a walled garden, leaves falling from beautiful, exotic trees. He smiled as he saw a friend seated at a well - another Tian man. The ornately dressed man walked over and his lips moved, but no sound could be heard. He turned his back on his friend, unaware...unaware that his friend was growing immensely in size, becoming larger and larger as gleaming jade power armor fused around him. A huge, chain-edged katana flashed into the jade clad giant's hand and he struck his friend down with a spray of blood, lifting his sword over his head in triumph.

The vision faded...and the third and final vision came...

This time, they saw a haggered looking Tian Star Captain...a familiar one. The captain of the ship that had brought Ami to the Pact Worlds. He was standing in a dingy bar, holding a parcel to his chest, neon lights glowing from outside the bar, people thronging past. The Tian Captain hands over the package - and the cloth slips back, revealing that it is a beautifully carved, magically glowing sword.

The man who accepted it was a well shaven blond, blue eyed, pale skinned man wearing a three piece suit and a tie. He smiled and his voice echoed through the vision: "Rangacorp is pleased to have you onboard for this transaction..."

Then the image faded...and one last...flickering sight flashed before their eyes: Amieko, their friend, older and wiser, clad in a functional but deadly looking uniform, a sword strapped to her hip, standing on the bridge of an immense and ornate starship, sailing towards the edges of the horizon...

Then the images flashed away - and they were left spent. They knew that name - Ragnacorp. The street samurai had mentioned it. She knew where it was...and if Ragnacorp knew where the Tian man who had brought Ami to the Pact Wwrlds came from.

Then they knew where they had to head next.

TO BE CONTINUED IN...

THE NIGHT OF FROZEN SHADOWS