Starfinder: The Jade Regent Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Five credit fee," it said.

"If they didn't have that diea then they aren't trying hard enough. They likely did, but people revolted and broke it," Sam said. Rakain shot Sam a flat look. "Well I'll be damned, that is smart. Elevator Taxis," Sam murmured, rubbing her chin.

Ami sighed, then slotted her credit card into the door. "This is on me," she said, grinning as the door whirred open. "Cause I'm so generous and wise and pretty," Ami added, her voice playful. "ANd humble, too!"

Hana shrugged, slipping her own credstick away. "Guess we just need to keep that in mind." She snickered, typing again Huh, looks like we brought Brash instead of Ami.

"Hmmm, what goes good with Drunk as a Skunk. Rich as a Minx?" Sam asked, musing over a joke.

"Content like a cougar?" Nora offered, poking at her wrist. She lowered her arm with a frustrated sigh and stepped off the elevator once Ami had paid their fee.

Sam nodded as she followed along. "Fucked like a Duck." She teased.

"The power has gone straight to my head," Ami said, smirking as they walked out into the Amber Decks. The decks here were long and open, with pale blue and amber illumination coming from a mixture of lighting sources. The hallways themselves had dozens of doors, each one labled with a different names...homes, it seemed.

They came, at last, to Fynn Snaevald's home - a doorway with his name printed above it. Knocking on the door caused it to open after a few moments and there stood a well coiffed, elegant looking older gentleman. Very old. His hair was pure white, and blue veins creeped under his skin - hints that he was closer to ninety than eighty. He looked at the collection of people standing before him, his lips pursed, his well maintained goatee making his frown seem far more foreboding.

"Can I help you?" he asked, his voice deep and rich.

"We wanted to talk to you about an a particular weapon you might have some familiarity with. It would behoove us all to discuss things inside if you understand my meaning," Hana said.

The man frowned, slowly. "The sword..." he said, quietly. "Well. You are a mite too late..." He said, looking like a growing, gathering storm was flickering behind his eyes. "Because three weeks ago...some fucking Shadowrunners shot their way into my home, killed three of my servants, and stole it! I've owned that sword for nearly seventy years, and they stole it from me as if it were nothing!"

Ami blinked, then looked at her friends, then smiled.

"I think we might be able to help one another..." She said, grinning.

TO BE CONTINUED