Staring at the Sun Ch. 08

Story Info
Louise gives in to her desires.
7.9k words
4.63
13.5k
1

Part 8 of the 14 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 06/17/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
janiexx
janiexx
79 Followers

Chapter 8 – Friday

Two o'clock in the morning. The green glow of the bedside clock taunted me with its information and I turned over once again, pumping the pillow in a vain attempt to find a cool piece of material.

Beside me Richard slept on, oblivious to the heartache I was going through, the acute worry and stress that wouldn't let me sleep. The events of the evening kept running through my mind, tormenting me with the images of Mike, the words we had shared, and the feel of his lips on mine, the warm comfort of his arms that I just couldn't forget. I wanted him so badly and the yearning was a physical ache inside.

We had stayed in the dark car park for what seemed like ages after Jake had spoken to me with such crudeness, and just simply held each other. When we eventually returned to the table, I knew from the glances of Lisa, Jilly and Jake that we had been the main subject of conversation since we had left, and my guilt and confusion must have been apparent. The sudden knowledge that I no longer wanted to be with my husband was terrifying in its intensity, opening up a whole new set of problems that I just couldn't face.

Again and again I regretted this holiday and the devastating consequences we were now facing. How ironic that a trip meant to bring us together had succeeded in driving an even greater wedge between us. A wedge that was impossible to remove. I thought of our children and how they would suffer if I went through with my plans to leave Richard. The devastation in their lives it would cause and for what?

Outside an owl hooted and I sat up in bed, all thoughts of sleep driven from my mind by my worries. Making my way through to the small living room I opened the rear door carefully and stepped outside into the warmth of the summer night. Above, the stars were a myriad of twinkling lights and I heard the owl hoot again, closer now as I stood on the terrace and breathed in the scents of the garden.

It was so quiet and still and I could feel the rhythm of my heart beat slow as my body relaxed. I sank down into one of the chairs that faced the vineyards, the moon illuminating the rows of vines that stretched away into the distance. When I had returned to our room at the end of the evening, Richard was still comatose and in exactly the same position as I had left him. I had removed my make-up and slipped into bed next to him, my body tense in case my movements awoke him. The last thing I needed was for him to wake and question the events of the evening.

The journey back to Jake and Jilly's farmhouse had been awkward but Lisa hadn't probed into why I looked so drawn and tense and she probably guessed that my escape from the table had had something to do with Jake. She had driven while Mike had sat in the back of the car and I could feel his eyes on me throughout the journey. I couldn't get the sensation of his body next to mine out of my mind and to sit next to Lisa and appear as if nothing was wrong was one of the hardest things I'd ever had to do. I liked Lisa so much; her calm and capable nature made me feel relaxed and comfortable in her presence and I knew that given the right situation we could have been great friends. The knowledge that I desired her fiancé and had gone so far as to kiss and hold him made me feel the lowest of the low.

The owl hooted again and I heard a door being opened and closed again carefully. Holding my breath I looked around and saw Mike standing in the moonlight, bare to the waist, a pair of boxer shorts covering his modesty.

Silently he walked towards me and I gazed at him, hardly able to believe my eyes. He knelt down in front of me and took my hands in his, that same look of concern on his handsome features.

"I've been awake for ages and heard a door open. I wasn't sure if it was you or not, but I did hope...you can't sleep either?"

I shook my head. "Too much wine and too many worries."

I leant down and stroked his face but he grabbed my hand and kissed the palm, his lips dry and warm against my skin. "This is no good, Louise. You should be resting now, not sitting here worrying."

"I know."

"How's Richard?"

"Still asleep. He must have had a real skinful."

Mike smiled. "Yes, he had a few, but the worrying thing is that he was talking to Rob when we sat down to eat and they were together for quite a while."

A twist of fear shot through me at his words and I knew then that Rob had told Richard what he'd seen on Wednesday night. Mike saw the look in my eyes and leaned forward to hold me close.

"Rob's a nasty piece of work, Louise, but Richard knows that. Hopefully he'll dismiss whatever Rob said and choose to speak to you first."

I shook my head. "No, he won't, Mike. He's been in such a funny mood just lately. I've never seen him so jealous."

I couldn't tell him about the way he had made love to me the other day when he suspected I was having an affair with Mike. A suspicion that would now be correct.

"Don't worry, Louise. Richard won't take Rob's word over yours, surely?"

I shrugged. "What about Lisa? Did she ask you why we were missing after the meal?"

"No, she trusts me and always has. I think at the moment, though, she wouldn't care what I did. As I told you, we're more like brother and sister."

He gazed at me and I felt a slow burn of desire start inside. Taking my hand he led me towards the vineyards where a wooden bench stood under a canopy of trees. We could see the house in the distance and every room was in darkness. The owl hooted again and I could hear Mike chuckle softly next to me.

"Let's hope the owl doesn't tell anyone..."

He sat me down on the bench and knelt in front of me again, his hands slipping between the folds of my robe. His hands were warm on my breasts and I sighed as he brushed his fingers over my already stiffening nipples.

"This is for you, Louise," he murmured in my ear as he parted the robe completely. "Help you to sleep."

I smiled at the idiocy of his remark. With him kneeling in front of me the last thing I wanted to do was sleep. I needed him to do this so much, all those hours of longing were about to be fulfilled and I leaned back as he slipped the robe off my shoulders leaving me completely naked.

"You're so beautiful..."

I looked down at his dark head as his tongue teased my nipples, his breath warm on my exposed skin. Running my fingers through his hair I gave myself up to the sensations that were coursing through me as he expertly caressed my hardened peaks. Streams of pleasure were running down the length of my body and I opened my legs slightly drawing Mike into the circle of my thighs.

"Lay down," he asked and I spun around to lie along the length of the bench, my knees raised and open slightly. He gazed down at me and then his lips were kissing their way along my legs while his hands caressed and stroked my smooth skin.

"Oh, Mike," I breathed as his lips worked their way higher. The ache growing inside me was almost painful as I anticipated the feel of his mouth and tongue on my most sensitive region. "God that feels so good..."

He raised his head and looked at me and I gasped at the look of love in his eyes. "You feel good to me, Louise. Let me do this for you, hey?"

I nodded and lay back down, the feel of his warm mouth making me arch towards him, my back lifting off the bench as I felt him grow nearer my damp pussy. I looked over to the house again but nothing stirred and the thought of what we were doing, hidden by the trees, heightened my sense of pleasure. I felt Mike open my legs further and then his fingers were gently parting the folds of skin, seeking out that little bud of ecstasy that was eagerly awaiting his touch.

When his lips touched my bare skin I gasped at the sheer feelings that were running through me. His warm tongue ran along the length of my silky folds, his fingers holding me open for him to probe, kiss and lick. The combination of his warm tongue and the night air intensified the pleasure I was experiencing. I felt him delve deeper, seeking out the juices that were building inside me and he seemed to like my taste, his moans of approval making me smile as he held my legs open even wider.

"I want to make love to you properly, Louise," he groaned as he raised his head and looked at me. "But not like this, do you understand?"

I nodded and he kissed me on the mouth, my own scent on his lips. "I know, Mike, but I want you so much..."

He returned his attention back to my pussy and gently stroked at the opening, his eyes never leaving my face. "I want you to come for me. I want to give you that at least tonight."

I felt him slip a couple of fingers deep inside me and I moaned. With my right hand I reached down and started to rub the hard nub of my clitoris while with my left I squeezed my nipples. The slow but firm movements from Mike set me off on the path to orgasm and I moaned and squirmed on the hard bench, all thoughts of being discovered out of my head. I wanted this moment to last forever, the feel of Mike's fingers inside me, his eyes on mine as he watched the ecstasy I was feeling.

It didn't take long for me to achieve the climax I so needed. We had been building up to this all night and I just wished I could do the same for Mike, but he was too much of a gentleman to allow that. As the first waves of my orgasm washed over me I held out my arms to Mike and he cuddled me tightly as I came for him. We kissed each other deeply and the feel of him in my arms prolonged my pleasure, our breathing heavy and fast from the passion we were experiencing.

"I want you so much," I repeated and looked at him pleadingly. "Let me do something for you, please..."

He smiled but shook his head. "Not tonight. I want it to be special and I'm worried someone will come looking for us. I don't want to put you in another compromising position, Louise. I'd never forgive myself."

He reached down and picked up my discarded robe, helping me into it and then holding me close.

"You need to talk to Richard today and find out what Rob said. It might just have been an innocent chat but you need to know. I'm going to take Lisa off for the day and give her a break from Jilly. She's fed up with being here and I don't blame her. She's never liked the Harpers and comes along just to please me."

"Do you love her?" The words were out before I could stop them and I waited for Mike's reply as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I suppose I do, but not in the way I should. There's a big age difference between us and sometimes I treat her like a child. Yet another source of contention."

"Jilly was asking about marriage and children yesterday. Lisa seemed uncomfortable talking about it."

"She would be. She knows as well as I do that marriage and a family are out of the question at the moment. I have a manager for the vineyard but the hours are still long and hard. And anyway, it would be a mistake. Our marriage wouldn't last."

"How do you know?" I looked at him and saw the pain in his eyes and felt guilty for bringing the subject up.

"I just do, Louise. The feelings we once had are gone and the only reason we're still together is because neither of us have the heart to bring it to an end."

He kissed me again and I relaxed into his arms, dreading the moment when we would have to return to our respective rooms. The warmth of his body was like a comforting quilt wrapped around me and I suddenly felt the return of my weariness. I wanted nothing more than to cuddle up to Mike and sleep the rest of the night away, but as if sensing my tiredness he steered me back towards the house and our separation.

"I'll see you at breakfast and then we're gone for the day. There's a village Lisa wants to see about an hour's drive away so we'll go there and have lunch."

He stopped and took my face in his hands. "But I'll be thinking of you the whole time, Louise. If you need me, just call me."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded. "I'll give you my number at breakfast. I'm there for you, don't forget that, OK?"

I smiled and he kissed me again, long and deeply, his tongue entwining with mine in the timeless dance of passion. I shivered as I thought of how we would make love together and pressed my body closer to his.

"God, I want you..." he groaned and I could feel his arousal clearly. His boxer shorts left nothing to the imagination and I reached down and touched him through the thin material.

"Louise...oh God..."

"Please, Mike. Let me do something for you..."

"We can't...not here. I promise that we'll be together properly soon..."

I kissed him again and let my hand drop. He felt so good beneath my fingers and I wondered how he would deal with his erection once he was back in his room. The thought of him waking Lisa and making love to her was more than I could bear.

Again, he seemed to read my thoughts and smiled. "I'm used to dealing with this, Louise. I'll go into the bathroom and think of you touching me, being inside you, feeling you wrapped around me..."

Our kisses went on for ages; neither of us could break away but the noise of one of the dogs barking brought us to our senses.

"Go back to sleep and get some rest. I hate to see you look so tired."

I kissed him one more time and then carefully opened the terrace door to my room and slipped inside. Richard was still asleep and I silently pulled back the covers and climbed into bed, my breathing loud in the silence of the room.

Turning over I re-lived the last hour and smiled to myself as I finally sank into oblivion, my last image of Mike's eyes as he brought me to climax.

*

The next morning I awoke to a terrible feeling of pure guilt. I could hardly bring myself to open my eyes, hoping that the events of the night were just a vivid dream. But the stickiness of my vagina told me otherwise and I made for the shower straight away in case Richard was expecting a more arousing wake up to his day.

As I was towelling myself in the bathroom he came in, his eyes still bloodshot and his hair dishevelled and greasy.

"You look awful," I needlessly informed him as I wrapped the towel around my body. "Do you want me to find you some headache tablets?"

He looked at me with a strange expression on his face and a feeling of fear shot through me again. "I just want a shower and some coffee."

I shrugged my shoulders and went to dress, the bright sunlight having a painful effect on my tired eyes as well. Richard appeared at the door as I was dressing and watched me pull a short skirt on.

"What happened last night?"

My heart thudded in shock and I looked away as I did up the zip on my skirt. "What do you mean?"

"The evening? Did you all go out?"

I breathed a sigh of relief and nodded. "We went to some pretentious arty-farty restaurant that Jake and Jilly love. The food was great but the company left a lot to be desired."

"Really? Now why would that be?"

"Well you know how I feel about our hosts..."

"I wasn't thinking about our dear hosts, Louise. Was Mike there?"

I could feel the colour drain from my face as he stared at me. "Of course Mike was there. He was with Lisa."

He stared at me for a few moments and then started to dress, his hands shaking slightly as he pulled on his shorts. "I had a few words with Rob yesterday at lunch. Told me to watch out for him."

I could feel my heart start to race and tried desperately to appear calm and relaxed, but I had a feeling that Richard was building up to something that would explode in my face. "I don't understand, Richard. You're being very vague."

He laughed nastily, his eyes remaining hard and cold. "He told me that Mike has a reputation for seducing vulnerable females. That Lisa puts up with it because she loves him so much, and that he noticed you were both absent after the meal the other night."

"What exactly did he say Richard?"

"Just that. Watch out for him."

"I think at my age I can look after myself. I'm not a little girl, despite what you think."

He raised his eyebrows and took my arm, gripping my wrists and making me wince. "I know we're going through a rough patch at the moment, Louise, but stay away from him. He's bad news."

I stared at him, my eyes surely betraying the guilt I was feeling. "You just have the word of Rob for that, do you? A slimy little shit of a man who treats his wife like a dog?"

He looked shocked at the vehemence of my words but I was in full flow now. "If there's anyone I should be steering clear of, it's Jake. And his bitch of a wife."

"Oh great! That's how you think of my friends, is it? The people that let us stay with them unconditionally and give us the full range of their generosity?"

"It's all show, Richard. Why can't you see that? They love showing off, shoving it in our faces. I'm sick to death of it."

I spun around, tears filling my eyes as the yearning for home grew. Why couldn't I just pack my suitcase now and leave?

Richard came up behind me and put his arms around my shoulders. "I'm sorry, Louise, but I'm sure Rob was trying to tell me something. He knows them both well. Why would he lie to me?"

I turned around. "Because he's horrible, Richard. He likes causing trouble. He's the sort of man to stir things up and then stand and watch as people are caught in the fall-out."

"Look, let's go and have breakfast. I need about a gallon of coffee to feel human again."

"Why did you drink so much?"

"That's just it, I don't think I did. Just a few glasses of wine followed by some brandy. Do you think I set out to feel like this?"

I shrugged my shoulders and put on my sunglasses. I needed them this morning almost as much as Richard needed his coffee. How could I face Lisa after last night?

*

Breakfast was a tense affair, which even the champagne and orange juice couldn't relieve. Mike appeared briefly and looked at me with concern, but there was no way I could warn him of my husband's suspicions. Richard barely said hello to him and that seemed to be enough for Mike to keep his distance. He collected a breakfast tray for Lisa, explained that she wasn't feeling well and they would be spending some time out of the sun and returned to his room making me feel bereft at the thought of a day without him.

Rob and Diana were immersed in their own thoughts and Jake and Jilly watched Richard and me carefully, almost looking for signs that all was not well.

"Feeling better this morning, Richard?"

I saw Jake smirk as he watched my husband gingerly lift a brimming coffee cup to his lips. "You missed a great night. The food at that place is bloody fantastic!"

Richard smiled and held his hands up. "Self-inflicted. Not expecting any sympathy from you, you bastard."

Jake roared with laughter and poured him out a glass of champagne. "Here you are, drink this. It'll make you feel better."

Richard waved away the glass and took another sip of black coffee. "What on earth was in that wine yesterday?"

Jake smiled. "Grapes? That wine is one of the best from Cahors but it has a hell of a kick."

Richard nodded. "I agree, but to be honest I didn't think I drank that much."

I saw Jilly glance at Jake but he laughed again. "You were relaxed and thirsty. Don't worry about it; we all drink too much every now and again."

"And my husband should know!" Jilly tittered with laughter and began to stack the plates and cups, something that she had never done before and I realised that for some reason she was nervous. There was something going on here, I realised, and the feeling of being a pawn in Jake and Jilly's plans was growing stronger by the minute.

*

I left Richard at the breakfast table still drinking coffee and made my way back to our room. I wanted to call my parents and find out whether they knew of any plans Richard had to ease the money worries in the business.

janiexx
janiexx
79 Followers