Starship Traveler Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Xantu
Xantu
613 Followers

Finally she took a deep determined breath. "Okay, thanks. Put it back in. Next time you eat can you do that where I can see?"

"Yes, Revekah, I will."

"You know I am completely aware of how I order you around and that not once have you imposed your will upon me. I want you to know how much I appreciate that. I don't know if you realize how much that has helped me with my adjustment."

"You are welcome, Revekah. What would you like to do now?"

"How long was I asleep?"

"Not long, only about five hours."

"Damn it, I wish I had a clock or a watch or something. How do you know how long time has passed?"

"The data storage systems have a chronometer as part of their function. I communicate with it telepathically."

"So I can just think, 'What time is it?' and you would be able to tell me?"

"We would need to establish a time reference that would have meaning for you."

"Like date and hours? We could count the number of twenty-four hour days since you woke me up and add the number of hours, like day twenty-two and ten hours. Once we get to a solar year, you could say one year, twenty-two days and so many hours."

"I could make that conversion without too much difficulty, but I would also like it if you could begin to become familiar with my time references as well."

"Do you have a base ten numerical system?"

"Unfortunately no, Travelers use a base twelve numerical system."

"Why, oh why isn't anything ever easy?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Please do me the kindness of rating and leaving me feedback. Constructive and/or critical, public or private, raving or troll; I love to hear from you.

To those who leave anonymous feedback, I regret I cannot respond to you individually. Please accept my appreciation in advance.

I would like to acknowledge and thank my editor Dani for all her help. She is a treasure.

xantu

Xantu
Xantu
613 Followers
12