Start the Revolution without Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes. I'm resigning from the firm, before you ask, and in the morning, I'm putting the rest of this holiday on my own card. I'm also starting my own church. You're more than welcome to join it. Do yourself a favour, man! Leave England now!" I curtly informed him.

"Is Nina resigning, too?" Trevor responded.

"Yes, of course. I'm not coming back to England, after all," she joined that chat with those words.

"I can't ... I have a wife and two sons. I don't dare to leave them or Annie behind," Trevor insisted.

"If you have two sons, all the more reason to leave, man! You don't want to bring them up in this kind of country, do you? One where they'll be second-class citizens at best?" I countered.

"Oh, don't listen to all scare-mongering and rumours, man! We shall be fine. Annie has assured me that nothing will change between us. She swore it on a stack of Bibles, quite literally! Sure, she'll be my sponsor, but everything will be just as it was, she promised. I don't know where you're getting such scare tactics from, but they shan't unnerve me into breaking up my family. Annie refuses to leave, in any case, and I love and trust her, plus I have my daughter to think. What would happen to Maude if I left? Anyway, best of luck to you, both of you, and to Christine, at this difficult time," Trevor abruptly quit the chat.

I had the feeling that my old boss would soon be forced to ghost me, of course. It would only be a matter of time before censors and state surveillance on these matters regulated and controlled what messages could be passed and to whom. A man who had emigrated rather than accept their rule wouldn't exactly be on their list of respectable citizens, would he? I felt unease about Trevor's future, but it was out of my hands. At least he would pass on my intentions toward the firm and accept my decision as final.

It took scant seconds before Nina accepted my relationship status request, and that really kicked the ball rolling. Christine and several of her mates slandered me on my social media page, as did others, including Mum. Dad was very quiet, as in crickets level quiet. I was very hurt when Mum unfriended me and even blocked my account, though Dad didn't just yet at least. My sister Patsy unfriended and blocked me almost immediately afterward, as did Percy, of course. My two other siblings were quiet, just like Dad.

On the other hand, Nina's parents and siblings all almost instantly began requesting me. I had an instant new family to replace my old one (not that they were truly replaceable), and they mostly lived in the Punjab, Canada, the US, or Australia. One or two lived in South Africa. One of them asked specifically if I intended to marry her, and I told them yes, but that it was likely that our marriage would be a "bit unorthodox."

"Duh, this is my sister here. I know how she is. She'll make a good wife for you, trust me, even if she is a bit on the wild and wanton side. I suspect that you are, too, so it's a good fit. Don't worry, I won't tell Mum and Dad that part. They can't handle the truth about their princess. That's just a fact. I'm her sister, though, and I know what she's like. In fact, if you ever want two Kaurs for the price of one, just ring me up some time," her sister Tanveet assured me with a "heart" emoji.

"Oh, bloody hell, yes!" Nina quickly joined that convo and made it clear that, "this is Nina, and if you mean it, sis, come bustle to the States or invite us both to join you in Melbourne. I think that Bruce and I can make our plans work in either country. Right, darling?"

I could only think of saucy Aussie lasses and send a thumbs-up emoji now. That was when I got a call from a strange number and a hunch told me to answer it. It was Vicky, my younger sister, who hadn't disowned or rejected me so far. Her voice was full of tears, but she seemed resolved to speak to me, whatever the cause.

"Bro, Dad just left Mum! I left with him. Patsy, however, is staying with her since her flatmate kicked her out for voting New Order. It seems that Mum and Patsy both supported New Order and celebrated their victory, whereas Dad and the flatmate both agreed with me that New Order is bollocks. I voted Labour, Dad for the Tories, and the flatmate, Ned, is apparently some kind of anarchist or whatever. Don't ask me about Gerald, as I don't know yet, but we both know about Percy.

"Dad and I got burner phones, though they cost a pretty pound due to the sudden spike in demand following New Order's victory. They haven't even taken office yet, and people are already up in arms about them, but with good reason. Quite candidly, they scare the living bejesus out of Dad and me! They really seem like Nazis or fascists or something really awful like that!

"Anyway, this number is for the burner phone, and yes, we're going to head for the Chunnel. France, here we come! A good thing that I studied and learned my French. If they try to kick us out, there's always Eastern Europe or Germany or even Switzerland! There's already all of this 'sponsor' talk and it terrifies me for Percy and the rest of the men in our country! Mum tried to physically block Dad from leaving, and even threatened to file a police report against him, but I distracted her long enough for him to escape.

"What a fucked-up, topsy-turvy world this is! You're staying behind in the States, we're fleeing for France, and God alone knows what will happen to Gerald! All because some nutters who want to emasculate blokes just got themselves elected, freely, in a fair, democratic vote! I'll never quite look at humanity, and especially feminism, the same way again. Doesn't quite seem so harmless now, does it?

"Anyway, Dad sends his love, oh, and I just heard from Gerald. He's in Scotland, hanging out with some SNP types and looking at his options. I just hope that he doesn't wait too long. I don't like his prospects if he does. Send my love to that new woman in your life, and if you ever speak to Christine again, tell her to kiss my arse! Love you, darling!" Vicky hung up afterward.

"Well, you heard her. Now, on a different note, do you fancy a swim?" I turned to my new fiancee, who smiled and took my arm.

"Don't mind if I do, love. Don't mind if I do!" she joined me en route to the hotel swimming pool.

12