Statute of Limitations

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
radk
radk
1,360 Followers

There is a dried red rose in a plastic bag, Dr. Dahl's business card, a small glass Waterford crystal figurine of a whale's tail coming out of the water. There are brochures from the Greenbrier Hotel, another from the Plaza hotel in New York, a swizzle stick from Antonio's restaurant, a hotel menu from the Ritz Carlton in Chicago, lots of match books from different hotels and motels, some near by and some far away. There are receipts from hotels, airplane boarding pass stubs, a wine bottle cork, a hotel room key, a pair of men's sunglasses. a man's handkerchief with lipstick on it, a California road map with the California Coast Highway highlighted, a black velvet sleeping mask, a 1988 wallet year calendar with two days a month, each month circled, a couple of sea shells, several pens and pads of paper from various hotels, some 35mm film strip negatives, and a rolled up, empty tube of KY jelly.

What the hell does all of this mean?

Richard grabs the large manila envelope and tears it open. Inside he finds another collection of letters and pictures all bound with a rubber band. The pictures are of Joan; some are Polaroid's. The first Polaroid is of Joan naked from head to toe striking a pose on a balcony. The second is a nude close up of Joan showing her from the waist up with a particularly beautiful smile. The third has her facing away, bending over slightly, with her hands on her knees, and looking back over her shoulder mugging to the camera. Richard's stomach is starting to erupt again after seeing Joan naked in these pictures, but it settles down before he has to rush to the bathroom. The rest are of Joan and this man at the formal dinner, Joan looking over a cityscape at dusk, Joan in the passenger side of a moving car laughing, and Joan on the beach wearing the bikini that is now setting next to the case. It's not getting any easier seeing these pictures either.

Richard looks at the letters and they are all addressed to Tim Dahl in San Diego and postmarked from 1989 to 1991. He takes the one with the earliest date, pulls out the letter and starts to read

**********

June 25, 1989

Tim my love,

You can't imagine the pain I felt when you told me that you were moving to California. I died right there. I can't let you go, I love you too much. I know that the move is important to you and your family but I'm a selfish bitch and don't want you to ever leave. I know you said that we would still be able to be together from time to time but I want you always and forever, not from time to time. I can't let you go! Please hurry up and come back east and I'll drop everything to be with you. I'm yours to do with what you want, just let me feel your body next to mine. I want to feel your cock in my mouth and your tongue between my legs. GOD! I'm getting so wet. Please, please, please hurry back.

I'm counting the days until we're together again.

I love you now and forever.

Joan

**********

This is too much. I can't think straight. I've got to get some air. No, I've got to get something to drink. Shit. I don't know what to do. I can't lose Joan. I love her. I've always loved her. But she loves someone else. Maybe I've already lost her. Oh no! Please God, help me. I want to just lie down and die. Oh SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!

Richard begins crying.

He's sobbing deep in his chest and soon curls up in a ball on the floor and rocks himself to sleep.

**********

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Why can't I get a cell phone connection"?

"Well Duh! We're on a ship at sea, dummy." Brenda is being her usual bitchy self with her sister this morning. "Why do you want to call home anyway? Rich will just say he's doing something boring like going to yard sales or cleaning the gutters. You're here to have fun and enjoy yourself and not think about home. Now, go over to that cute young man at the bar and get me another Screwdriver and forget about home. "

"You know you can be a major pain in the ass sometimes. I'm going to go up to the communications office and see if I can get a message to Rich." And off she stomps all the while mumbling "Bitch" under her breath.

The communications office has a series of computers that the passengers can use to access the internet and their email, among other things. There is also a phone for guest use. Joan picks up the phone and punches in her home phone number. "Good, it's ringing." But there's no answer and when the message machine picks up she decides she had too much to say to leave a message. So she tries Rich's cell phone. It's not turned on. So Joan logs onto one of the computers and sends Rich an email telling him about all of the fun and excitement of the last few days. She even tells about Brenda hooking up with some other passenger and being AWOL overnight. Just like her.

Sadly, without talking to Rich she just wanders back to the pool.

**********

Darkness can be a frightening thing. The darkness of sleep gives way to the light of day. There is happiness in the light. Usually that is except right now in Richard's heart. It's as dark as the sleep he just awoke from. The pain from yesterday's tour through Joan's past with her lover was excruciating and the pain is starting to rear its ugly head again. But, Richard has to get up to face whatever this day has to offer. It'll probably be bad but it still has to be faced.

Sitting up on the living room floor, Richard realizes that he slept on the floor all night and awoke among the contents of the little cosmetics case. He is stiff and hurting in places that he didn't know he had. He gets up and stumbles into the bathroom for his morning pee.

He returns to the living room in a daze and looks down at the mess on the floor. His eyes rest on the nude picture of Joan. He says to himself "that's from her 'Babe Period'."

Richard and Joan have known each other since high school. Richard was mostly invisible to everyone in school, to everyone but Joan that is. She saw him and liked what she saw. What she saw was a young man of average height (5' 10") and weight, dirty blond hair, glasses, and a dry, quick wit. Everybody would say that he was not handsome, just average looking. To everyone else Richard, or Rich as she called him, was average, but to Joan he was remarkable. She loved him from their first date in their senior year. Now Joan was almost as average as Richard. She was short (about 5' 2"), wore glasses, and had wavy dark brown hair that cascaded over her shoulders. Joan was, and still is, somewhat overweight. Her weight may be what turned off a lot of potential boyfriends but Rich didn't see her as fat, he thought she was soft. Her heart shaped face and sharp nose made her face seem too small for the rest of her body, and that made her look all the heavier. But the most remarkable single thing that Richard just couldn't get enough of was Joan's beautiful eyes. They were sparkling green with flecks of gold. When they looked into his eyes they could touch his soul. When Joan first looked into Richard's eyes something erupted inside him. Of course something between his legs came to attention too.

They dated continuously throughout their senior year and on into college. They both went to the local community college for two years and on to a nearby university for the remaining two. Richard studied Computer Science and Joan Laboratory Sciences. They graduated in June and were married the last Sunday in October. Richard went to work for the local county government and Joan started as a lab technologist at a nearby hospital. Within a few years both were moving up in their jobs. Richard was made the head of a group of programmers and Joan was promoted to manager of the hospital laboratory. And they bought their first house, a fixer-upper but at least something they could afford.

Both wanted children but also wanted to be as financially stable as possible before they started a family and soon they were as ready as they could be. Their son Marc was born five years after they were married. Joan took a short maternity leave and then had Marc enrolled in the hospital's day care center. She could see him at lunch and any time she just felt the need to be with him.

Marc stayed at the day care center until he was old enough to start public school. During that time Joan entered what Richard lovingly called her Babe Period. At that time Joan started going to Weight Watchers and lost a large amount of weight, maybe 50 pounds or more. She was soon around 115 -- 120 pounds. Also she started going to a tanning salon and looked like she just stepped from the beach. A new wardrobe followed and soon Joan looked like a real babe. The weight loss did another amazing thing; it made her breasts seem larger. They were always large but with the additional pounds they just blended in. Now, they stood out and were absolutely eye popping. Whenever Richard and Joan went shopping at the mall heads would turn to look at her, all male. At her sister's wedding several of the somewhat inebriated groomsmen were crawling all over themselves to dance with her and bring her drinks. She loved the attention but never did anything to give Richard any heartburn. At that time Richard would muse to himself, "what did I do to deserve such a beautiful lady... just shut up and enjoy you fool!"

Joan started the end of her Babe Period when she got sick one August. Not physically sick but emotionally sick. She said that work was overly demanding and depressing, and she was physically drained. She missed a lot of days from work and she stayed in bed a lot when she was home. Richard took Marc to day care before going to his own work and took care of the house and Marc in the evening. Joan was out of it for a few weeks and then slowly started to become her old self again. One day after work she came rushing into the house with big wide eyes and tears streaming down her face. Richard was setting the table for dinner when she grabbed him around the neck and sobbed into his ear, "I'm so, so sorry. I missed your birthday. I was so selfish with my own problems that I completely forgot about you. Please forgive me." Richard smiled at her and said simply, "you can make it up to me this weekend, if you get my drift."

Soon after, Joan started gaining weight again. Within a few months she was back at her pre-Babe Period weight. Nobody turned their head to look at her anymore and she didn't get the extra attention from the male population. But Joan and Richard were happy and besides, Richard didn't really care about the weight. He loved her. Besides he thought being voluptuous was sexy.

But now Richard is standing over the cosmetics case contents on the living room floor staring down at Joan's naked body in the picture. "No matter how much this hurts I've got to find out what this is all about, and to find out if we have a future together anymore," he says out loud in the empty room. He sits down and picks up the next letter in sequence addressed to Joan.

**********

August 19, 1989

Darling Joan,

Our time this past week was wondrous. I can still smell your perfume and hear your moans. I can still feel the heat of your body. All of my senses were on overdrive on the plane ride back home. I'm surprised that the woman sitting next to me didn't pick up on how worked up I was. The trip was agonizing because I was getting further and further from you.

I don't care what you say, just because I'm in California and you're in Virginia, our love will not lessen one bit. We will be together physically as often as I can arrange it. But we will always be together spiritually. Nothing can keep our love apart.

And speaking of love, just thinking about last Thursday at the Marriot will keep me hard for the rest of my life. The third time we made love was the most tender and sensual experience of my life. I thought I was too exhausted to continue but when you looked into my soul and said those three magic words 'I Love You' I knew I could do anything. It was slow and tender and I stayed inside you with your legs wrapped around my waist for what seemed like an eternity. When we both came I prayed to God to never let this feeling stop. I was sore, I was sweaty, and I was exhausted, but I was with you and that's all that mattered. I Love You so much.

The first time that day was a hell of a surprise. I have always fantasized about a woman ravishing me but you made my fantasy come true in a BIG way. By the way, I had to throw out that new dress shirt because it was just torn to shreds. You can do that any time you want!!! I never had anyone suck me like that. I thought you were trying to suck my eyes out through that little hole in the end. My toes curled and I had a cramp in one leg. GOD what an experience! When I finally recovered my senses and found your sweet pussy hovering just above my face I could think of nothing but tasting you. What a surprise when you dripped right into my eye. That's why I was laughing about so hard. If we could bottle the flavor of your pussy we could be rich beyond the dreams of avarice. How many times did you come into my mouth? Five? Six? I lost count. When you crawled up on top and straddled me I saw a goddess on top of me. You can ride me like that any time you like. I just laid there and watched you thrust up and down on my cock amazed at your stamina. I loved watching your breasts bounce up and down with your movements. I'll never get enough of your fabulous breasts... soft and firm at the same time and more than a handful. I know I came only once but it was an explosion that I was sure hurt you. That's that is why I apologized. I shot up into you so hard that I knew I must have done some organ damage. God, what a day!

I never knew that love could be like this.

With all my heart,

Tim

**********

He is describing my Joan. This is exactly the way we spent some weekends when we were first married. She could be dynamite in bed, aggressive one minute and tender the next. She has always been every man's wet sex dream. But, she's doing this with somebody else. It's not me. It's some other man, her damned lover. A lover I NEVER knew she had! How could she do this to me? Shit, I could just kill both of them.

"Easy there! You don't want to kill her. God! I'm starting to talk to myself. I am pathetic." Grabbing the next letter addressed to Joan's lover Richard starts to read.

**********

August 21, 1989

My love,

It took me three days to recover from your visit. I hope you're proud of yourself. I couldn't sit down at work at all the next day and I was walking bowlegged for the next two. But I'd do everything all over again, and more. I do it a million times as long as it's with you.

I'm so, so sorry that we could only have the one day together, that's why I tried to make it as memorable as possible. Was it for you? It sure was for me. The next time we're together we need to pace ourselves. I can't wait. When are you coming back? Please hurry

You should have never told me about your fantasy of having an aggressive woman in bed. It's all I could think about waiting for you to arrive. When you shut the hotel room door all hell broke loose I my head. I didn't plan it. It just happened and I'm EXTREMELY happy it did. Wanna do it again sometime?

I'm a little mad at you for laughing at my pussy like you did. What was that all about? I may forgive you a little if you eat me like that again. GOD!!! Seven orgasms is a personal best. Your tongue certainly does have stamina.

I can't describe what it's like to just lay there and let you stroke in and out of me for hours on end. We both found the perfect rhythm. That wasn't all sweat rolling off of my face. A lot of that was tears of joy. I was crying because I never wanted it to end but I knew that it would. When I looked up into your beautiful face I could see your love for me and that made me cry all the more. God, I can't get enough of your love.

When driving home that day I was thinking about my crazy, mixed up life. On one hand I've got the perfect marriage, home, child, and career. On the other hand I've got you. I have two men in my life that I love more than life itself. When I'm with you nothing else exists. When I'm with my husband nothing else exists. I can't imagine living without either of you. I must have both of you. I will not do anything to hurt either of us or our families but I just can't come to grips with everything. I've got two men that I love equally and will do anything for. Either I'm the worst woman in the world or the luckiest. I'm so confused.

You will always be in my heart. You will always be in my life. I want you always in my bed. I can't live without you. You are my love. You are my lover. You are my life.

Joan

**********

Jesus H Christ!!! She's confused? I'm totally fucking confused! She says that she loves me and some ass hole at the same time. Is she nuts or am I missing something here? What's next? Is she going to say that she wants to have his baby? Ooooooooh SHIT!!! What if she already did? What if Marc is really his son? The only thing I can do is just keep reading.

For the rest of the day Richard reads each of the letters. Occasionally he gets up and paces the room or walks outside for some fresh air. A couple times he just sits and cries. Life as he knows it has come to an abrupt halt and he's still reeling with the knowledge that his lovely wife of thirty years has kept her lover a complete secret from him all these years. He turns his attention to the other papers in the box and sees the evidence of their rendezvous' in various hotels and motels and of the "lab conventions" that she supposedly attended. There are receipts and match books from some places they stayed: All the stuff of a typical pack rat. When he finishes and is just about to put everything back into the cosmetics case he notices another letter setting along the front edge of the case that he hadn't seen before. It's different in that it's addressed to Joan but comes from the same A. Stephens that the manila envelope is from. He reads.

**********

August 14, 1991

Joan,

My name is Anna Stephens and I'm Tim's sister. I found your letter to Tim and read it and was amazed to say the least. I could never have imagined that Tim would be having an affair. But it's obvious from your words that it's been going on for some time now, probably since before he moved to California and that you love him deeply and he loves you too. I have a bit of sympathy for you for my own personal reasons that I won't go into and that is why I'm writing this letter now.

Tim died in a car crash last week. Some kid in a stolen car ran a stop sign and hit Tim's car in the driver's side door at 90 miles an hour. He died instantly. We had his funeral yesterday. I've enclosed one of the service cards for you.

I have been helping Ellen get Tim's affairs in order and will soon be sorting through his personal belongings at home and his office. I want to save Ellen any more heartache and will try very hard to prevent her from knowing about you. If I find any more letters or any other personal mementos of yours I will gather them up and send them back to you. Please understand that I harbor no ill will toward you but I will do everything in my power to prevent your affair with Tim ever coming to light.

Please don't try to communicate with me or any of Tim's family.

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Please pray for Tim and his family.

Anna Stephens

**********

Some of the handwritten words of the letter are smeared. It looks like the letter is tear-stained. It was once crumpled up but smoothed out before being put back into the envelope. The service card is missing.

This explains a lot Richard thinks. This explains why Joan was so depressed that month. Her lover just died. That must have been devastating for her. Obviously it was because she spent almost three weeks in bed. She missed her husband's birthday too.

radk
radk
1,360 Followers