Steampunk Harlots Ch. 43

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The guard waved to the crowd of onlookers that the situation was over. "Are you kidding? Only a year on the job. If I had arrested anyone in there, even just the teller, I'd have been conscripted to the front by tonight. I'm just happy most people don't know that. Still, the story alone was worth it all."

"I suppose we can pay my fine now? So I won't have to worry about going to jail?" Marcy interrupted.

"What was the indecency charge for?" Zack asked.

"Selling a bit more than I should have at the gentlemen's club so I could free my sister from slavery faster."

"Oh, I'm sorry you had to do something like that. For any reason." His expression turned to pained sympathy. "Don't worry about it, let's go get your sister. We can take you to the station to get the charges dropped. People really need to get told about the Zero Malice law."

The blank stares from the women suggested they needed more information.

"It all started when nobles killed doctors for failing to cure their family members. It essentially says things are forgivable if you didn't mean to hurt anyone. Patients die, doctors can't save them all. Doesn't mean they are murderers. These cities went without any doctors for years because they all fled until we wrote that law. Ironically enough, the first doctor to treat the duke who killed so many other doctors did actually murder him. But nobody actually accused him. In this case, you were doing it to save someone. Not because you were depraved enough to want or enjoy it."

Hannah looked away trying to seem innocent.

"You really think so?!" Marcy was surprised.

"Yeah," Zack looked at Hannah, who immediately understood he was only helping Marcy to impress Hannah. "My partner can take you in to get it all worked out."

Hannah was suddenly wondering how to compose a polite rejection and if she should do it after they had sex or not. "That would be wonderful! Thank you so much, Zack! You certainly are a fine man."

"My pleasure," he replied, utterly ensnared on Hannah's hook.