Still Faithful, Always Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BobNbobbi
BobNbobbi
282 Followers

Just now arriving, Artsy took the chair beside Dan and LF sat down next to Artsy. "Do you really think you can compete with that young Adonis he has with him tonight, Dan."

Dan blushed and then hugged his friend. He followed hug with a soft punch to Artsy's shoulder as she greeted the others.

"Dan, I know Artsy got you into a skirt once to hang with the lesbians but I didn't know you swung to the guys too. You are a kinky bastard, aren't you?"

"LF, I don't have a skirt on tonight and neither do you so we better not kiss. Give me a fist to bump and then you two girls need to clean up your act. In case you haven't noticed there are two respectable ladies at the table."

The humorous greeting Artsy gave Dan was her last contribution of levity to the night's conversation. She participated with her friends but Dan sensed she was subdued as though something unpleasant was on her mind. Several times he noticed that LF, under the table and mostly out of sight, would reach for Artsy's hand. LF and Artsy had been sometime lovers before Artsy's marriage, but LF's hand holding did not seem at all sexual, even suggestive, or possessive. Dan could tell LF was offering emotional support to her friend and resolved to discretely ask questions if he could find the proper setting. Although the romantic and emotional bond Dan and Artsy shared lessened when Laura returned from lover to her husband, and had split completely when Artsy married, Dan retained a close concern of deep friendship for the woman sitting beside him tonight. Artsy had been there for Dan during troubling times; if something was troubling Artsy he wanted to know and help if possible.

Artists, gallery people, collectors and hangers-on to the art community drifted by their table to say hello, visit and play personal agendas. Artsy and LF did not migrate; they became members of the table for the night. Mrs. Patron spoke up to draw out LF on her name.

"Young Lady, you know I do not care for the informality of nicknames. In every case our mothers bestow a name on us and mothers deserve respect. Why do use LF? I know the name your mother gave you; those are not even your initials."

"No, they are not my initials Mrs. Patron. LF comes from Artsy, excuse me, from LeeAnne." LF looked squarely at the older woman. She wanted to make clear that her answer meant no disrespect.

"When LeeAnne introduced Dan to me she told Dan I was a Lesbian Feminist and he should never forget that. When I refused to give Dan my name he used those words as initials, LF. I came to like them."

"I remember that night. I remember complimenting Daniel for his ability to get along with you."

"I remember that night as well. I have never known your given name, still don't. I can't imagine you as anyone other than LF. I guess I should take some pride of authorship along with LeeAnne."

"You can have Artsy for LeeAnne, Dan, LF is mine alone. They are, the LF initials I mean, distinctively me. I am a lesbian feminist and I am proud of both traits. LF is a distinctive name: appellation, moniker, handle, as our local truck drivers would say; it is recognized and unique, me. My work has bought ownership of those initials."

LF actually blushed as she made that last statement. Normally she was outgoing among her peers and to the public but reserved and shy for authority figures she respected. Mrs. Patron and Friend fit that respected category. Still, she was proud of her reputation in the world of artists.

"About my mother, I have learned as I matured to renew the love, and yes the respect, I must have had when I was a very young girl. As you can probably guess I was a rebellious young child and rejected her. I have not apologized for my rebellion, but we have made our peace and are now family once again."

Mrs. Patron shifted the direction of conversation to LeeAnne. "My dear, I am going to have Daniel take us home shortly, before he gets too inebriated to safely drive. If your husband wouldn't object to you spending the night with friends, would you and LF like to come with us?"

"Husband or not, I can think of few things more pleasant than being in your home with very dear friends." Artsy reached with right hand across the table to Mrs. Patron and with left hand to Dan. "May I have a rain check? I know tomorrow will be quite busy and a night of restful sleep will serve me better than the night of excitement that would await me at your home."

Dan picked up on his friend's husband or not phrase. That must be the source of her discontent. Marriage can be difficult, if anyone knows that fact I am that person. Artsy knows what I have gone through. Is she having some of the same problems?

"I understand, LeeAnne; the invitation is still open for you, LF."

"Thank you Mrs. Patron but I am driving and Artsy is with me. I will see her safely home."

Dan offered a parting toast to which all parties lifted their glass before draining their final drink of the night, "To all of us always."

The few scotch drinks Dan consumed over a fun filled lengthy evening in no way impaired his driving ability. He escorted both ladies to Mrs. Patron's den, poured brandy snifters and served drinks to close out the evening's social function. In due order, he led the parade to bedroom for another night of sexual gymnastics. Dan was glad he had interests and friends to keep him well involved in life while Laura was on the west coast at business and renewing ties with her lover.

BobNbobbi
BobNbobbi
282 Followers