Still Waters Ch. 03

Story Info
Evangeline deals with her pain; a special surprise.
5.5k words
4.78
9.7k
6

Part 3 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/19/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

Hello everyone,

Today, I present chapter 3. Simply read and enjoy. This is a story about Evangeline and Declan. So, from this point on, the story must go on. I apologize in advance for any errors that I missed.

All of the characters are over 18. Please enjoy and share your thoughts. I am working on chapter 4.

Chapter 3

Evangeline needed to do something. She needed to scream. She needed to run. Her father was gone. Kina just told her that she and Reggie were staying a while so she didn't have to be so focused on Momma. Lani and Benia decided to stay a few extra days too. She knew that her sisters were concerned about her. She pretended to be fine, but deep down her heart had been ripped from her chest.

Running until her legs gave, Evangeline collapsed near the river. She was completely on the other side, off of pack lands. But, she didn't care. She needed time. Evangeline's body shook. She closed off her bonds and cried. She could not cry with her family. She didn't want to cause her mother any distress. But here, in the forest, she could cry.

Declan was worried about his mate. She was so focused on her mom that she neglected herself. Since they had not joined, he could not send to her, but deep down he knew she needed him somehow.

Deacon, I need to find Evangeline. Will you help me look? He sent.

The brothers went out. Declan knew she was near the river. He learned that when she was upset, she would often go there. At first, he did not see her. So they searched even longer and listened. In the distance, Deacon heard a sound. They took off. Stopping at the edge of pack lands, the brothers looked at each other. Would Evangeline leave pack lands? Declan knew that in her state of mind right now, she might not be thinking clearly. They stopped and soon, they heard someone sobbing and

Declan's heart broke. He rushed to her. He held her as she grieved. He never lost a loved one. The closest they came was Bo. He had a heart attack and they were not sure he'd recover. That was terrifying, but to lose a parent was devastating. Declan simply wanted to take her and wrap her in cotton wool to keep her safe.

Evangeline cried, and for the first time since that night she talked.

"Daddy should be here." She sobbed. "How could I not know he was sick?" Deacon stayed near, but did not interfere.

"Every night, every night, I checked on them and he never even hinted that something was wrong. I'm angry. I'm so angry. Momma is so mean. If she wasn't so mean, maybe daddy would have gotten help."

She continues to vent. "Deep down, I know this isn't her fault. It isn't my fault, but she was his mate. How could she not know he was sick? If she wasn't so mean, maybe he would have said something." Declan let her release her pain.

She knew that she had no control over this situation, but she questioned how she missed so many warnings. Her father was more tired than usual. Her father was always quiet, but maybe she should have paid more attention. In the end, she knew that nothing would have changed this outcome.

She cried for her Mom. "Momma has no one now. She has no one. He loved her, despite how she mean she was being. What will happen to her without him?" Her mom, the woman that everyone feared, had no one now. She was truly alone. Yes, she had her daughters, but they had their own lives. She was torn because she didn't want to stay here. She wanted to live, but she could not leave her mother alone.

Declan listened. He had no answers. However, his job was to take care of her. "She has you. She has your sisters. She has her pack. Ms. Bertha is not alone." He whispered. "Listen, she has so many people around her that care. It's going to be alright, love." His heart broke for Ms. Bertha, but she was tough and he believed she would be fine. He'd stay as long as Evangeline needed to, but if at any time, staying became detrimental for his mate, they were going home to Wildwood.

Soon, she quieted. "You know daddy was always happy. He always smiled. Even when Momma was at her worst, he would do something to make us laugh. He would not want me to be sad and crying all of the time. I'm going to be ok. I'll help momma if she lets me, but I will do what I need to be happy too."

Declan did not respond. He just held her close. Deacon walked over to them. Soon the three returned to Jackson. Evangeline dried her tears and took a moment to make sure evidence of her breakdown was not visible. Tasha was aware of their return. She sent to Evangeline and the young woman responded that she was going to be ok. Come to the alpha home. Tasha sent. Evangeline went right away. It was then that Evangeline saw her mother smiling, surrounded by little ones. Her sisters and their spouses were with them. It did not take long for her to recognize her nieces and nephews.

Evangeline smiled as her siblings proudly introduced her to their offspring. But that wasn't all that surprised her. It was the look of pure adoration on her mother's face when she looked at the children. Evangeline stopped, and for the first time since that horrible day, she felt a sense of relief. She knew that her father was looking out for them.

Declan and Deacon were welcomed into the DuPont family fold. The twins had questions. Cam Jr. was wary. But eventually, he warmed to the two men. Kyron simply laughed at the two men as they dealt with the third degree from his niece and nephews. Deacon loved kids. At Wildwood, he spent as much time coaching as most of the fathers. The best part was he never had to discipline, just have fun. Declan, on the other hand, was nervous. If these kids disapproved, well, he'd just have to bribe them.

Everyone simply laughed and relaxed and accepted Deacon and Declan as honorary members of the Jackson pack. The brothers had a few more days to spend together before Deacon had to return home. A few nights before he left, Deacon and Declan talked.

"So, you and Evangeline will come to Wildwood in a few weeks?" deacon asked.

Declan nodded. "Yes, her family is here and I want to be sure her mom is OK. Then I'll ask her to come home with me. We'll call to let you all know for sure when we're coming home."

"I see why you like staying here. This place is fantastic. It's so peaceful here. And the women are phenomenal." Deacon declared.

Declan laughed, "Ok, brother, be careful. You might find yourself with something more than a good time. Be careful."

Deacon shrugged, "No woman will capture me until I'm ready." He declared.

"Yea, but if you get one of these girls pregnant, Alpha Lakota, Alpha Ryelle, Momma, Dad, and Alpha Ryelle will be after your behind." Declan reminded him.

Deacon sighed. He forgot the special proclivity of dark wolves. He stopped. He was indiscriminate. There was the possibility.

"Declan, I have to go." Deacon went out to find the young lady he was spending a lot of his time with.

*****

There was only one girl that he spent time with. Olivia Jackson was everything he dreamed of. She was smart, sassy, daring. She took him to heights sexually that he'd never been. It was amazing that she was so prolific at such a young age. Deacon started out trying to teach her, but she made him beg. He first met Olivia on his first visit to Jackson with Kwame and Alexia. She ignored him completely.

Once they left, the caramel beauty was never far from his thoughts. When he returned at Declan's request, he made it his business to meet and get to know Ms. Olivia Jackson. He learned she was an alpha niece, and her father was one of the most deadly of betas. She was not a girl to trifle with, yet he pursued her anyway.

When Willie DuPont died, she was extremely vulnerable, and he was worried about his brother. That was their first night. They were two scared, lonely souls seeking comfort. After that night, he was with her as often as he could be. She was adventurous. When she wanted him, he was ready. Olivia was very demanding, and he never wanted to disappoint her. For a moment, he secretly hoped that his fear was realized, but in truth it was too soon to really know.

Olivia Jackson was alone at her apartment. She knew. Her dad would be ticked off. Her alpha would have questions. She had questions. This was impossible. She had to be mistaken. Yet, she never felt this ill before. Olivia thought back over the last week. She was careful. There was only one slip up, and he was fair. Fair Weres were not fertile unless they were mated. She had to be mistaken. It was way too soon to know for sure.

Like a bad dream, someone knocked. Kashira was at her parents and she had a key. She checked her bond with her parents, and they were occupied. She checked on her little brothers, they were busy. Who could be at the door? Olivia checked only to find, Deacon standing on the other side of her door.

Opening her door, excited but not wanting him to know, Olivia put on her annoyed face.

"Deacon, what a great surprise! Tell me, do you enjoy being beat up?" She asked.

Deacon smiled, "It depends. Who's giving me the beating?" The girls in the hall laughed. Olivia frowned at them and grabbed his arm. Pulling him quickly, she hissed, "Get in here."

Deacon walked inside. He'd never been in her apartment before and he knew she had a roommate, but he could not help nut look around. There was so much to know about Olivia.

"What do you want Deacon? You know I have rules?" Olivia stated, curious.

Deacon became the aggressor. Snatching her in his arms, he took the dominant role. "Baby girl, don't get things twisted. I let you do what you want because I enjoy it, but don't think that you truly control me."

Olivia hissed. "Sorry, why are you here?"

"I was talking with Declan and he said some things. We haven't been very careful, and I wanted to know is there a chance you could become pregnant?" Declan asked. He watched her carefully. They had not been involved long, but he knew her enough to read her facial cues.

Olivia set her expression. "You have nothing to worry about wolf. You're safe where that is concerned."

Deacon waited. "Why am I safe?" he paused. "Kwame got Alexia pregnant their first time. I know that dark Weres can conceive without being mated. Why am I immune?"

"You're fair. Dark male Weres can procreate, not fair Weres.' Olivia explained.

Deacon should have been relieved, but he wasn't. If she was carrying his child, would she let him know? He'd have to wait. He would check back in a few months and if Olivia Jackson was indeed pregnant, with or without her alpha's approval, they would mate.

Olivia knew what he was thinking. "No, no, I know what you're thinking. I am not ready to mate with anyone. Besides, what if you meet your real mate, do you really want to be here with me? I am not expecting, so you have no need to be concerned."

Deacon didn't want to argue. "Olivia, I want to see the healers. I'm asking them to check and see if it's a possibility. If it's possible, I'm going to your father."

"Why? My dad is too serious. He has no idea I'm even dating. You tell him we slept together, and he might go ballistic." Olivia sighed,. "Trust me, Deacon; there is no need to worry."

Deacon smiled. This girl fascinated him. "I want to make sure. Besides, if you are right, then we have nothing to worry about."

Olivia crossed her arms and huffed. She prayed he was right, but deep down she suspected that he might be fertile. In a few months, there would be a new addition to the pack and her dad would blow a gasket.

"Come on. Let's go." Olivia ordered.

Jenna the pack healer was at the clinic. She could check Deacon and alleviate their fears.

Deacon followed her, amongst the wolves that stared as they walked out. Olivia and Deacon entered the healer's office and Jenna was surprised. Olivia explained what was happening and Jenna frowned.

"Declan, both of your parents are Fair Weres?" she asked.

Declan frowned, "No my mother is Latina, my father is white."

Jenna frowned, "So you're mixed?"

"Well, yea, but it doesn't matter." Deacon explained. Some part of him felt defensive.

Jenna stopped. "I need a sample." She gave him a white cup.

Deacon looked at both women and asked, "Now?"

Jenna smiled, "Yes, I have some magazines if you need help.." She teased.

Deacon grumbled. "Fine, I'll get it done."

Olivia had a seat to wait. Soon, Deacon exited the private room, sample in hand. Jenna took the sample for testing.

He was fertile. Like Dark Weres, he could procreate without being mated. Jenna was stunned. This proclivity had only been found in Dark Weres. As far as she knew, no other race shared this ability. She sent to her Madam Alpha. Tasha was shocked. Jenna, can you ask for a second sample and retest. There might be a mistake

Tasha sent.

Jenna came out. "Deacon, I need a new sample. I need to retest it."

Deacon frowned, but took the cup she offered and after a few minutes gave her a new sample. Olivia was even more nervous now. Something was not right.

Jenna had the nurse bring Deacon and Olivia in. "I studied both samples. Deacon, your cells are viable. You can procreate without being mated. It's your Latino makeup that's allowing this to happen."

Olivia froze. "Wait, what?" she asked.

Deacon stood. "I need to see your father."

Jenna stopped him. "Olivia, do you think you might be pregnant?"

Olivia nodded. "I have a test we can do. It's not perfect, but maybe it can tell us something." Olivia agreed. She provided a sample for the healer and Jenna was surprised.

"I think you both need to talk to your father. I want to see you in a week. We need to start you on a prenatal regiment." Jenna explained.

Deacon was stunned. Olivia was shocked. This was possibly the most unexpected thing that could happen. Deacon smiled as Olivia glared at him.

"Olivia, it will be okay. I promise. " deacon whispered.

"Shut up, Deacon," Olivia hissed, as she tried to figure out how to explain this to her dad without him going after Deacon. She walked away. Leaving a grinning Deacon staring at her.

*****

Declan and Evangeline were at his apartment. Declan made sandwiches for them. Evangeline was quiet. He talked as he served her, telling her about the things going on when he worked. He talked about Deacon and the how helpful he was in the pack right now. Evangeline simply watched him, and then she smiled.

"Thank you." She whispered.

Declan stopped.

"You don't treat me differently. You never change. Thank you." She whispered again.

Declan kneeled before her. "Baby, I wish I could take every awful thing that has happened away from you and hide you in the safety of my arms. I can't change anything, but I can care for you. I love you, Evangeline. I want to spend my life loving you."

Evangeline stopped breathing. She was speechless. This man, this wonderful man loved her, and she knew it was true. This man was made for her. With him, she could have the family she always wanted.

"Declan, I'm yours. Mate with me, make me yours tonight." She whispered.

Declan never was more aroused. Yet he paused. "Evangeline, are you sure. A lot has happened?"

She looked deep in his eyes. "No one is promised tomorrow. I want to live my life. I want that life to be with my mate. I want my life with you."

Standing, Evangeline unzipped the dress she wore, and it dropped. She stood before him in the tiniest dark green, lace underwear he'd ever seen. "She smiled, and Declan had no argument left in him. She turned, looked over her shoulder and whispered, "My mate, we are ready for you." She then walked away. Declan jumped up and quickly followed.

Declan followed her. Even though they'd known each other intimately before, this time he was truly nervous. It made no sense.

"Evangeline," he whispered.

She stopped and turned to him. "Baby, are you sure because if you change your mind, it will kill me."

Evangeline smiled, "For the first time in my life, I am more than sure. You're mine Declan. It's time we became one. She lay across his bed. "Now, my mate, come claim what's yours."

She had to say no more. Declan joined her quickly. Because tonight was so special, he needed to make sure he took care of her. Her needs needed to be met. He wanted her to remember this night more than anything. After tonight, Evangeline DuPont would be Evangeline Pritchard, mate of Declan Pritchard, and a permanent part of his family.

For the first was no longer shy and undemanding, she was vocal. "Declan, stop playing and love me right." She hissed.

Declan laughed, "Wait, woman, I'm getting there, but first, I must explore my prize."

He took his time. Kissing every inch of her skin, Declan explored her body as if he was an archeologist examining a precious find. Her neck, shoulder, breast, stomach and navel knew the slippery feel of his tongue. Soon she was completely nude and ready. Not willing to wait,, Evangeline issued orders,

"Declan if you make me wait any longer, I promise." He chuckled.

"Promise what? You're mine to enjoy Evangeline and tonight, I plan to indulge my every fantasy." Declan hissed, diving into her nectar, swirling his lounge deftly and surely against her maiden hood, making her plead with him for release. But he was not done.

Evangeline was a passionate woman, and tonight he wanted to see how far she would go before soaring into the abyss with hm. This night, he was determined to mark his woman and make sure she knew once and for all no other man would ever satisfy her. Tonight, they became one.

"Come for me, 'Vange. Give me your nectar," Declan whispered, and she did. Copious amounts of cum gushed from her body and he drank her nectar greedily. No longer willing to wait, Declan slid up her body, positioning himself between her quivering thighs and entered her in one strong stroke.

So lost in sensation was Evangeline that she cried out at his entry and then their dance of love began. Moving ever so slowly, Declan claimed her body. He stared in her eyes as the connected. "I love you," he whispered, and Evangeline whispered the words back to him. Pumping slowly, Declan was lost in the silky feel of this amazing woman as she enveloped him inside of her warm, vivacious body. No other woman would ever satisfy him as his Evangeline did now. No other woman could compare to her. Her body began to quake. The need to mark her mate strong, as her wolf took dominance. Declan knew and he was ready. He'd waited it seemed like forever for this moment, and now his only desire was to feel her bite. He needed to be marked, but more than that he needed to mark his woman.

"Evange!" he gasped, "Please." He whimpered.

Her wolf surged forward and claimed her male. Declan howled, for her bite was so exquisite, so earth shattering, that he could not contain himself. No longer in control, his wolf arose, and Evangeline was ready.

"Yes," she hissed, and he clamped down on her neck, driving both of them into a mind blowing climax. Evangeline's body convulsed, as a myriad of sensations flooded her system. She felt as if she was flying and sinking at the same time, and then she felt loved. She felt so loved and cherished that no one would ever be able to cause her pain again.

"Please, Evange, please," Declan pleaded, as they both quaked in ecstasy. The two bodies flew into the abyss, where for a moment in time they solely existed alone.

Unaware of others, Declan and Evangeline's mating had a profound impact on Jackson. Everyone felt their joining. Tasha and Ryelle smiled, even a little jealous that this moment was so special for these two. Other pack members smiled, so happy for the shy, too serious young woman that deserved this happiness. Soon, everyone looked around. Only one person would dread this moment, and she had already been dealt a hard blow. The pack members stopped and looked to Bertha.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers
12