Still Waters Ch. 08

Story Info
The story continues. Life goes on.
3.2k words
4.88
4.8k
4

Part 8 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/19/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

Hello everyone. I'm on a short break from work this week and today I just felt like writing.

I know this is not perfect, but the story goes on. Thank you all for being so understanding throughout this time. I truly love you all and appreciate your support.

Heads up: There is no sex in this chapter, but please read it any way. All characters are 18 or older.

*****

Evangeline loved visiting Wildwood. She thought of her Mom and believed that if she could come here, maybe she would realize that there were others in the world with real needs. She sighed, Momma was doing better. Since daddy's death, she had become more reserved. She no longer antagonized people and pretty much stayed alone. When she and Declan decided to come here, she worried, but after calling home and checking in, she knew Momma was alright.

"What are you thinking about?" Declan asked waking to find his mate in a pensive mood.

Evangeline sighed, "Momma, we've been here a long time now and she's alone. I just worry, that's all."

Declan understood, and his heart swelled with love for his mate. It was time to go home.

Margaret felt a sudden sadness in her spirit. She knew the young couple would soon return to Jackson. Lakota and Levin shared a look. He sent to one of the betas near their apartment to inform Declan to come see them before leaving for home.

Declan had to meet with the alphas. Alpha Levin and Alpha Lakota wanted to talk with him once more before he returned to Jackson. Although he'd muss his home pack, he was now a member of a new and even more exciting pack. He was the first wolf that joined that was not dark. That in itself was a huge deal.

Although Evangeline was enjoying her visit, she knew this was just that a visit. A reprieve from Jackson was nice. Time alone with Declan gave her some clarity, but it was time now. She needed to go home.

On today, she would report to Madam Alphas Reina and Margaret to make sure everything in their respective offices were up and running. They had selected two pack members to help maintain their offices. Each Madam Alpha was now confident in her role. Margaret handled day to day pack life, and Reina settled disputes that extended beyond mere intrapersonal issues. Their Alpha offices were set to run like clock work. With Evangeline's help and organizational abilities, they had clear defined roles that each would employ from this point on. Reina and Margaret called a pack meeting to discuss their intertwining roles.

The meeting was short and extremely informative. The members of the Gaines pack loved the idea. Having our alphas was unusual and often they were unsure of whom to go to with certain issues. With the new organization and compartmentalization taking place, Gaines would be a force to reckon with. Margaret and Reina immediately praised Evangeline for her help. Some of the members even implored her to consider staying, but Evangeline sighed and offered to visit often, but Jackson was home.

Alexia stood back and watched her friend. Evangeline glowed. She'd never seen her cousin, Declan so happy and it was because of the young woman standing in front of the room.

"I'm happy for them. 'Vange deserves this Alexia, she has had it so hard to see her happy is one thing she truly deserves. Kwame sent to his mate.

Alexia responded, sending her mate waves and waves of love.

"Thank you, Madam Alphas, you have made me feel at home here. I hope I can visit again, maybe bring Momma. She'd love it here" Evangeline stated.

Margaret smiled, "You'd better bring your mother. We'd love to have her." The rest of the pack agreed completely.

"We hate to see you and Declan leave, but I understand that you must go home. Just don't stay away too long." She hugged her. Which lead to everyone hugging and sharing a tearful goodbye.

Meanwhile, Declan talked with the alphas and gave them an update on Deacon and promised to have his brother contact them. We need to reach out to Deacon and let him know we understand. Lakota sent. Levin agreed.

"Declan, you and Evangeline can come back anytime. Despite everything, Gaines, Wildwood is still your home." Levin reassured his former pack member. Both alphas were extremely proud of the young men Deacon and Declan had grown into. Dallas was still at Jackson and would remain until Declan returned. As soon as these two returned home, Dallas was coming home, leaving both of his sons at Jackson.

"Alpha's, I need to go pack, and I know 'Vange is ready. Thank you for everything you've taught me and for simply being there for me. This is not good bye, because I promise we'll be back. Evangeline loves being here, but right now, we need to go home. Someone needs us there." Declan waited. Both Lakota and Levin were silent for a moment.

Then Lakota laughed. " I was just thinking. You kids were a handful, now you are mated and Deacon is about to become a father. Alexia has a son already. It seems just like yesterday that we were lifting you and your brother by the scuff of your necks to keep you out of fights. Now, you're both grown and having your own families. Be safe Declan, we are here for you."

Declan smiled. Then he felt a love so strong, so sure, He smiled. I love you too, Mate.

*****

Tia sat on her swing in her backyard. Dallas hugged her earlier but she was still concerned. Dallas would come home soon, but he wanted to wait until Declan and Evangeline made it back to Jackson safely before leaving.

Tia sighed. She opened the novel she was reading and took out a note. It was from the nurse she'd let go a few weeks earlier. The woman was upset because she lost her job, and she blamed Tia.

Tia read the message again. "You stupid Mexican, it's because of you people that hardworking, honest folks like me can't keep a job. I'll be glad when they round you all up and kick your sorry asses back out of our country. This is America Bitch, and you ain't got the rights to fire any body. This ain't over. You'll pay for this. I know where you live and work bitch. You better watch your back, you stupid cunt." Tia took a deep breath and decided, she needed to inform her alphas about this.

She sent to Reina. Margaret would become to uspet and demand that she quit working.

she'd protect her as long as she could. Madam Alpha Reina, I have a situation. May I come to your office?

Reina was surprised to hear from Tia, and to have her address her formally. Sure, come now.

Margaret, Ladies, I have to go. Let me know what you all decide to do for Evangeline and Declan before they leave.

What's wrong? Margaret asked.

I'm not sure. Tia needs to see me. Reina replied.

Margaret took a deep breath. She knew something was going on with her sister, but she didn't want to pry. If Tia reached out to Reina then it must be something serious. Ok, please let me know if she is in trouble or something.

Reina smiled, Tia is my sister too. Let me talk to her. It may be something simple. Reina sent to her sister with loads of love to reassure her.

Reina went to her office to wait. Tia arrived. She entered but did not speak. She simply handed Reina several notes. Reina read them, and her anger grew.

"Who is she? Where does this woman live? This can be handled quickly?" Reina whispered.

Tia sighed, "She was a nurse at the hospital. I let her go because she was careless, negligent, and obviously had issues treating certain patients.. I don't fear her, but her notes are becoming more and more vile and threatening. I've alerted the administration and security at the hospital, but today, she sent this note to my home. " She then passed Reina the last note.

Reina read it. "Who brought it to you?"

"Someone left this last one on my door." Tia exhaled. "I would deal with this at work, but they came to my home. Somehow, they entered Wildwood. She has crossed the line now."

Reina was fuming. "What is her name?" She demanded.

Tia told her, and Reina sent to Levin. Lexi was at work when she felt cold. Someone was threatening her family. She was not helpless anymore and of this person thought she could harm her loved ones, then she needed to let them know Lexi Thompson was one woman you did not want to piss off.

She needed to see Margaret and Tia. "Marsha, I need to go home for a few minutes. I'll be right back, can you and Kay watch the pups."

"Sure, Lexi. Take your time. We'll get them ready for their naps soon." Marsha stated.

Lexi went straight to the Alpha home. Without missing a beat, she walked to Margaret. "Whose being threatened and what re we going to do about it?"

Margaret froze. if Lexi felt something then Tia was in trouble.

*****

Bertha DuPont was back at work. Since losing her mate, the women at work were friendlier than usual. Today, however, it seemed as if they wanted to talk with her a little more than they normally would. This was strange for Bertha until she realized that they were not truly that concerned about her, but they wanted information on her old friend Simon.

Bertha was focusing on her work when she was surrounded by three women. "Bertha, you are so strong. It's amazing how well you are doing after burying Willie. Willie was a great wolf. He will definitely be missed."

Bertha smiled a nodded. She would just wait for the real reason to come out. "Your friend, the guy, what's his name again, Simon? I remember him from when Alpha Bertrand would visit. Were you all close friends?"

Bertha smiled, "Simon is a good friend. He knew Willie very well."

"I know. It's great that he came to visit withy you. I bet his mate misses him." She stated continuing to search for info.

Bertha sighed, "I guess. Maybe you should ask him?"

"Girl, no." I was just making small talk. "But, he is one gorgeous man."

Bertha nodded. "Yes, he s."

"Oooh girl, I knew it." Shelia laughed. "It's about time for you to move on."

Bertha smiled, "Shelia, thank you, but I'm fine being by myself right now."

"Would you mind if I talked to him?" Shelia asked.

"He's a grown man. Do what you want. It's not my business." Bertha replied, turning away to focus on what she was doing..

Shelia smiled. Her suspicions were confirmed. Simon Roundtree was off limits. He clearly was in the spotlight of bertha DuPont. She's make sure the other women knew. He was off limits and if any women crossed the line, they'd have her and several others to deal with.

Bertha and the ladies finished working and headed back home. "Bertha, we're going to the movies Saturday. We won't take no for an answer this time. You're going." Shelia insisted.

Bertha smiled and was about to refuse when a familiar voice spoke. I think that's a great idea. Hello ladies, did you all have a great day at work." Simon asked.

Bertha sighed and fought to keep her face neutral. "Exactly, you see, even Simon agrees that you need a day out." Shelia chimed in.

"Really appreciate the offer, but I think Reggie and Kina wanted me to watch the kids." Bertha explained.

I'm sure they will understand. You need to get out. I'm sure Alpha Ryelle and Madam Alpha Tasha can assign an omega to watch the twins. " Simon added.

Bertha looked at him. This man was determined to be involved in her life. "Simon, I appreciate your concern, but there is no need to bother the Alphas. I'll check with Kina and let you all know if I am going later."

Shelia smiled. "Good, Simon, Bertha, see you later. Oh, and Simon, I'm rooting for you."

Bertha fumed. How dare she say something like that to him.

Simon smiled. "I know you're tired, but come walk with me. It'll only be for a little while."

Bertha was about to refuse immediately when Kina sent to her. Momma. I'm making dinner. You can take some time and relax instead of rushing home.

Bertha sighed. "Ok, let's go."

Simon smiled. As cantankerous as Bertha pretended to be, he loved spending time with her, just the two of them.

"Simon," Bertha called.

Simon stopped walking. "Don't call me that. Use my real name."

Bertha laughed, "That is your name. Everyone else refers to you as Simon." She exhaled. "Symeon, why are you really here? I know your mate must be worried and you should return home soon. Thanks for coming to see about me, but I'll be fine."

Simon paused. He stopped walking. "We've been through this. You know I'm not mated. I never mated because the woman I loved was claimed by someone else. But she's free now and I am not letting her slip through my fingers again."

"Why? I'm not that special?" Bertha stated. She needed to push this man a way. She just wasn't ready to be with anyone else right now.

Simon took a deep breath. "I know you loved him. I know losing him was hard. I would never try to replace him." He turned and cupped her chin, lifting her eyes to his. "But he is gone, and you are still here. You've always been the protector Bertha, but who protected you. You deserve that and I'm the man that will protect you. Hell, protecting you was part of the reason I left. My only regret was leaving and not taking you with me."

"Wait, what did I have to do with you leaving?" bertha asked. She'd take the blame for many things but not that.

"Henry Bucks" Simon waited, Bertha was stunned. She had not heard that name in decades. Even Willie was never aware of what happened with Henry Bucks.

"You knew. I didn't think anyone knew." Bertha whispered, reliving the nightmare from decades ago.

"I killed that bastard and several of his cronies. Aloha Bertrand knew and when he relocated, he told me I had to go with him. He did it to save my life." Simon took a deep breath. "You never told Willie about what they did to you?" Simon asked, curious.

"No, why would I say anything. It was over. The men were dead. What was the point?" Bertha stopped.

She turned to face her old friend. "Symeon, thank you."

Simon smiled. "I know you're still grieving. I would never try to make you forget him. All I ask is that you give me a chance. I truly believe that we can be happy."

Bertha looked at him. True he had grown older. So had she. But in his eyes was the same youthful glimmer that caught her attention over six decades ago. "She looked around, took a deep breath. "It's beautiful out here, Symeon. Thanks for spending time with me."

Simon laughed. "Nope, You can't dismiss what I just said so casually Bertha. You know this was about more than just taking a walk. Come, sit with me. I want to look at the lake."

Bertha smiled and the two sat in silence. No words were needed because for the first time in decades they were right where they wanted to be.

*****

Olivia sat in her mom's kitchen. Lavinia was preparing dinner and talking on and on about nothing serious.

"Momma, do you need any help?" Olivia asked.

Lavinia was very supportive of her daughter, but took great strides not to mention the baby or Deacon, or even Jebutu.

"Yes, sweetie, can you make a salad? The steaks are almost ready to come out." Lavinia replied.

"Is daddy gonna have a problem with Deacon and his dad coming over. I know he invited him, but..." Olivia stated, nervous and worried.

Lavinia smiled and stopped. "It'll be fine. They need to talk and this is a great opportunity for them to do so. Besides, Deacon's dad will be here too. So it'll be fine."

"Are you disappointed, Momma?" Olivia asked. "I know I made some bad choices, but I was scared."

Lavinia stopped. "Nothing you can ever do will disappoint me. You are my daughter and in my eyes you are perfection."

Olivia took a deep breath. "I was scared Momma. I thought Daddy would flip out and I wanted to fix the situation before he found out."

Lavinia sighed, "That is my fault. Your entire childhood was you watching me catering to your father to keep him happy. I never want you to feel like you have to be everything to any man to keep him happy. Each person is responsible for their own happiness. That includes you, Jebutu, and Deacon."

"Deacon wants to take the baby when it's born." Olivia whispered.

Lavinia froze. "What do you want?"

Olivia sighed, "I don't know. I want to be happy again. I don't want my child to hate me. Father would never agree to let the baby go."

Olivia was right. Her father was one of the most stubborn man she'd ever known. But this was not about him. This was what was best for this little one. Lavinia paused, "I can't tell you what to do. This is something you and Deacon must decide. However, you can't base this decision on what everyone else thinks. It must be based on what is the best for the three of you."

Olivia smiled. She knew of her parent's past. As a child, she was often teased because of how they met. Sometimes, she wondered was Momma ever really afraid of daddy, but then she see how her dad looked at her Mom. He would never hurt her. That was what she wanted. She wanted a mate that would do whatever it took to keep her and their children safe. Then she thought of Deacon. He never wavered. Through everything that had happened, he stood beside her through it all. Even when it came down to her father, Deacon was right there. He'd make sure their child was safe and loved. She just wished he could love her even a little. "Thanks momma. I love you so much." She hugged her Mom.

In six months she had a decision to make. It would change her life forever. Before making her decision, she needed to meet Deacon's family. His father was nice enough, but she could tell he was not fond of her. She wondered what the rest of his family was like. One day soon, she'd know. She would request to go to Shreveport and meet his pack.

Thank you for reading. I'm not sure when i will write the next part, but I will write it. IR2R

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers