Still Waters Ch. 09

Story Info
Time moves on; dealing with a hater.
5.5k words
4.75
3.9k
8

Part 9 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/19/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

Hello everyone,

Welcome to chapter 9. I certainly hope you enjoy this chapter. This chapter has helped me though a really stressful time: STATE TESTING. Those who teach know what I mean. Anyway, I'm better now. The pain is not as bad. So I was able to write. Please share your thoughts and of you have questions, ask. Also, please don't forget to vote.

All characters are over 18. Now enjoy. IR2R

*****

Laughter and giggles were heard from the room upstairs. Lavinia smiled. Her kids were a true blessing. She was proud of each and every one of her children, especially her oldest child.

Years ago, Lavinia thought her life would have been different, but one man, one moment, changed everything. Sometimes, it only took one person to see in you what you could not see in yourself and to believe in you enough to hold you and love you until you saw the person they saw. She hoped her children found someone to love them the way her love, Jebutu loved her.

She looked over at her daughter, and prayed that throughout all of the challenges she has to face, that she found true happiness. The buzzing of the oven broke Lavinia from her revere. She checked on the steaks and roasted potatoes as Olivia made the salad. She could not help but look at her daughter and smile once again. Her baby was now a young woman, soon to be a mom. Lavinia sighed.

Olivia's words bothered her. If Deacon wanted to take the child, would Olivia agree with him? She knew her daughter was young. She was not really prepared for parenthood, but would she simply give the baby to its father. Lavinia sighed. Olivia had to do what was best for all concerned. She had to trust her daughter.

"Mom, the salad is ready." Olivia called.

Lavinia walked in and smiled. Soon she and Olivia set the table. Now they awaited the arrival of Jebutu and Dallas. Jebutu was headed home when Damian, his brother, stopped him.

"Jebutu, you are having dinner with Dallas and Deacon tonight, right?" Damian asked.

The two brothers walked for a while. They were silent. Jebutu spoke first. "We must settle this tension between us. I understand Dallas' need to protect his son, but I have the same need to protect Olivia. Yet, in the end we must both step back and let them decide on their own. I fear that Olivia might do something she will regret in an attempt to not cause me displeasure. She considered getting rid of the child Damian because of me. I fear I have done much more damage to my daughter that I realized."

"You love them Jebutu. Olivia knows that. She just wants you to be proud of her. You don't have to be in control of everything. Let Deacon and Olivia tell you what they need to do tonight, and this time really listen." Damian exhaled.

Jebutu sighed and nodded. Damian was absolutely right. He did not respond at first, then Damian continued to speak.

"I am not trying to tell you what to do. All I ask is that you listen." Damian whispered.

Jebutu looked. His brothers were the only members of Jackson that were not afraid to address him directly. In short, everyone stayed clear of him, not wanting to ignite his temper. But with Damian, he could not deny what he said or scare his brother away. Damian was right. In truth nothing scared Jebutu except possibly losing his daughter.

He was not worried about Dallas, but mainly his son, Deacon. You see, decades ago, a woman he had an affair with ran away after he learned she was carrying his child. He searched endlessly only to be told that the child did not exist anymore. A few years ago he was reunited with his oldest son, Marcus Kingsley. He never got over the pain inflicted on him by Cecily. He would never force Deacon to abandon, or give up his child. He wondered what decision Deacon and Olivia had come too concerning their child.

Jebutu arrived home and greeted his mate. His daughter stood by with a look of trepidation on her face. He could not help but noticed how she cradled her unborn child. She claimed she was not ready to be a mother, but her protective instincts and actions said otherwise.

After greeting his mate, Jebutu spoke to his daughter. "Olivia, how are you feeling? Is the pup ok?"

Olivia smiled, and in a squeaky voice she whispered, "We're good daddy."

Jebutu chuckled, "Don't be so nervous. It's just dinner. I promise not to bite. Besides, this is long overdue."

Olivia sighed and relaxed.

Dallas and Deacon headed to Lavinia and Jebutu's home. Dallas was not nervous, but anxious. However, he would not let anyone in this house run over his son. This was his grand pup too, and they had to find some common ground.

They walked up to the door and Dallas knocked. It was so quiet. No one was outside, which was unusual for such a busy pack. However, Dallas knew they were being watched. Jebutu was an alpha brother. Everyone was concerned about him. Just as he suspected, Thomas and Hattie stepped outside and waved at them. Dallas waved back, and just like that other wolves came out pretending not to watch, but watching the whole time. Dallas chuckled on the inside. One thing he knew about Jackson was that they looked out for their families. This new pup would be well protected.

Deacon knocked, and Olivia opened the door and invited them in. The moment he saw her, Deacon was relieved. Seeing Olivia calmed his wolf. He quickly moved to her side, sniffing her to make sure she was alright.

"Deacon, we're fine. Stop, my dad is looking." Olivia whispered.

Deacon stiffened. "Your dad will be fine. My main concern are you and Denver."

Olivia stepped back and looked at Deacon with a perturbed look on her face. "Who, what, wait, where did you get that name?" Jebutu entered, holding back his laugh. He was worried for nothing it seemed.

"We'll talk later." Deacon whispered.

"Dallas, Deacon welcome, please come in and sit." Jebutu offered. He was completely aware of what the two had said. Olivia's first statement bothered him. Was he so awful that his oldest daughter feared his censor?

Dallas, too, was aware and could not be more proud of his son. A few years ago, he was a carefree young man, enjoying life, but now he was focused and concerned. His son was the mature man he raised him to be.

Lavinia walked in and greeted their guest.

"Mrs. Jackson, it's a pleasure to be here. Might I add you look as beautiful as ever." Deacon added, hugging

Lavinia. Lavinia returned his embrace. "Thank you Deacon, welcome. Dallas, welcome to our home. I hope you both like steak."

Dallas simply smiled and returned her greeting. He was not so sure of this situation but he knew that Jebutu was extremely jealous and he did not need to exacerbate this meeting by causing more tension.

"Mrs. Jackson, I'm honored to be here and I love steak." Dallas replied.

Lavinia smiled, "Call me Lavinia. You don't have to be so formal."

Dallas nodded. He looked at Jebutu. If the other man gave any indication that this was not what he wanted, then out of respect, he'd decline her request. But, Jebutu simply gave a small nod. Dallas's reaction bothered him. Everyone knew how he felt about his Lavinia, but was he really that controlling. Was he so controlling that other males were not comfortable acknowledging her at all. They'd been mated for years but Jebutu was realizing he'd never really changed. He took a deep breath. After dinner, he needed to talk with his mate.

"Come, gentlemen, dinner is ready." Lavinia stated and the group journeyed to the dining room. The twins joined them and everyone ate and shared stories. Deacon shared stories of home and antics he and Declan often got into. Most of the time, Alexia was right there with them. Jebutu laughed. Even the twins talked. Soon the dinner ended, and it was time for more serious matter.

Deacon immediately moved to stand behind Olivia. He cradled her gently, caressing her midsection where their child grew. This action did not go unnoticed by the others that were present.

"So, let's cut to the chase. Olivia is carrying your child, and in a few months you will both be parents. What do the two of you plan to do.?" Jebutu asked.

Deacon and Olivia shared a look. Deacon spoke. "We want to raise our child together. Mr. Jackson, Mrs. Jackson, I would like to ask you to allow Olivia to visit my home. Before you say, no, let me explain. Our child will spend time between two homes, here and Wildwood. It's important that Olivia see my home so that she can get to know the pack and meet Mom. She needs to know that the babe will be safe with me."

Jebutu sat nodding. What Deacon said made perfect sense. The babe was due in a few months, but being wolf, he or she could come early. So he agreed that Olivia needed to meet his pack and family. However, what if she decided to stay at Wildwood and not return home.

Love, she will be fine. She needs to do this. If she chooses to stay there, we can rest in the knowledge that we raised her well. Lavinia sent to Jebutu when she felt him tense at the statement Deacon made.

Jebutu sighed, "Ok, Olivia, let us know when you're leaving. And please alert the Gaines Alphas. Make sure she will be welcomed."

"Olivia is more than welcomed. She is a part of Gaines now. I promise that she and the pup will be safe." Dallas interjected.

For some reason, Jebutu relaxed even more. Dallas was a Gaines beta. If he said Olivia was safe, then she was welcomed and safe.

Dallas smiled, "Now when Tia meets her, she might not want to let go. She's wanted a daughter for decades, and now she might have two. I'm surprised she's letting Evangeline return with Declan next week."

Lavinia smiled. His wife sounded wonderful. She believed that going to meet her would be good for Olivia and the pup. She prayed that Jebutu saw it the same way.

*****

Bertha had just returned from having dinner at the compound. She looked forward to spending the evening in silence when her phone rang. Reggie was checking on her, because even though they had to return home, he did not like leaving her on her own.

"I'm fine, son. You take care of my daughter and grand pups." Bertha sighed. She felt somewhat melancholy. It was nice to have her children call her often, but she was sad that it took her Willie dying to make that happen.

Stop it! Bertha admonished the thoughts entering her head. He would not want you to feel like this.

She decided to watch a movie, and before long she fell into a deep slumber. Bertha dreamed. She was walking alone in a field. Behind her, she heard the sounds of the pack. Children were playing; women and men were laughing and talking. As she walked, she wondered why she was out here by herself. Then she saw a small snake. The snake fascinated her. Bertha bent down to pick up the creature when it bit her.

"Ouch," she yelped.

The snake spoke, "Just because something looks good doesn't mean it's good for you. Little girl, you should know that by now."

"Wait, you talk?" Bertha asked.

"Of course, and I'm here to warn you. Everybody that greets you is not your friend. And the people that don't say anything to you are not your enemy. Watch out for the snakes in your den." Then the snake vanished and Bertha woke up.

That was a weird dream, but what was the creature talking about. Her thoughts went to Symeon. He was an old friend, surely the creature was not referring to him. Deciding that it was just a dream, Bertha drank a glass of water and went back to bed. Morning came sooner than she wanted it too.

Bertha, can you come by my office this morning after breakfast. Madam Alpha Tasha sent. Over the last few months she'd kept a close eye on Bertha DuPont. She witnessed this woman go through something she could never truly imagine dealing with, yet she came through it all the same. Tasha was not immune to pain. Her past life was a testament to what true struggle meant. However, this morning, she awoke with a need to talk with Bertha. For some reason, she felt compelled to see her today.

Next to her Ryelle stirred. Tasha smiled, because Bertha had a true reputation within the pack. Many still feared her, but since the ritual, she'd gotten to know a woman who was the epitome of real strength. She reminded her of her grandmother, Nancy.

"What are you grinning about?" Ryelle asked groggily as he slowly woke up. He rolled over and wrapped his arm around Tasha.

Tasha lay back and sighed. She had true reasons to be happy. Her son was maturing into a respectable leader. Her pack was stronger than ever before. The death of Willie DuPont, even though it was a shock, made the members of Jackson realize that no one lived forever. Now, this morning after breakfast, she was spending time with Bertha. "You give me a reason to smile every morning, love." Tasha replied.

Ryelle held her tighter. "Let's get up. I'll wake Akeemo. I want us to join the pack for breakfast together."

Bertha got up and dressed. She would head to breakfast early in case they needed extra help. After she had eaten she'd talk to Madam Alpha. She wondered what Madam Alpha could want with her this morning. Deciding not to worry about it, she headed to the kitchen.

Tasha agreed. It was important for the pack that the Alpha family showed a united front. Soon the family was up and joining the pack for breakfast. Akeemo proudly accompanied his parents. Tasha smiled as Kas and Latonya joined her. The three women shared a few moments and made plans for later. Soon, Bertha walked in, alone as usual. However, now she was approachable. Several people smiled when she entered. Tasha and Kas shared a look. They knew how hard it was to let people in. Jackson was strong, and the pack decided to hold her up. She would not be alone for long.

Bertha was asked to help serve until one of the younger women who were running late came in. She gladly complied. As she served, she noticed that one wolf was missing. Symeon, where are you? she wondered.

However, keeping her face neutral, she kept working. Soon some more males entered, and Simon was not with them either. Eventually the alpha family entered. Bertha smiled. This young wolf and his wife had earned her respect. Tasha looked over and smiled. At that moment, some of the younger females arrived, and Bertha prepared her plate. She chose her usual seat and sat to eat by herself.

As Bertha ate, she watched for Simon to enter. Soon, someone joined her. She smiled as her coworkers sat with her. The ladies chatted on and on. Breakfast ended and Bertha went to meet with Madam Alpha. Tasha smiled when the much older wolf entered. However, although Bertha was much older than her, she looked much younger than her years. Of course wolves aged slowly in human form but in, Bertha looked as young as a woman in her prime. She could see why Simon was infatuated with her. She was surprised when her mate gave the gentleman permission to stay and pursue his interest in Bertha, However, you had to be completely blind to not notice that Bertha was intrigued by the other gentleman as well. It was obvious that the two had history, and everyone was left guessing. Well, today, Tasha was just gonna ask.

Bertha entered. "Madam Alpha, is there a problem of some sort?"

Tasha sighed, "Bertha, welcome, yes and no. It's not a problem with the pack, but it is a problem with curiosity. I'm just gonna ask. What is the deal with you and Simon Roundtree?" Tasha sighed. "I don't mean to pry. Ok, I do, but Ryelle won't tell me anything, so I'm just gonna be nosy and ask. Is this guy someone we need to be concerned about? Not in a bad way, but how serious is your friendship with him?" Tasha paused.

Bertha laughed, "Madam Alpha, stop babbling and ask me about what you want to know."

Tasha took a deep breath, "OK, is Simon Roundtree your new mate?"

Bertha laughed, "No, Symeon is an old friend. We have a checkered past and I'm happy to spend time with him. However, Willy DuPont is and was the only wolf I ever plan to claim. Years ago if things had gone differently, maybe, but as of today, no." Bertha stood and walked to the window.

"Wait, Symeon? I thought his name was Simon?" Tasha asked confused.

Bertha sighed, "The name he uses today is Simon. It's easier for people to use and does not hold memories, but his name from when I knew him was Symeon. Symeon is special to me. Years ago, when we were slaves..." Bertha paused. Tasha was surprised, this man was clearly not black, yet he was a slave. She did not realize that more than black men and women were enslaved as well.

Bertha continued her story. "We were kids when we met. Monsieur Beauregard bought me from an auction along with several other girls and brought us onto the plantation loaded onto a wagon. Symeon was instructed to unload the wagon and get us covered."

Bertha took a deep breath. The memories from that time was painful. But, for some reason, Tasha needed to hear this story. "This was not my first time being sold, so I knew what to expect. The men leered at us as we were dragged from the wagon, but not Symeon. He was careful to look us in the eyes and look away from our exposed bodies. We were around the same age. He did as he was told and then was ordered back to the corral. Days past and they didn't feed us. Our spirit needed to be broken, then they'd break our flesh. During this time, we were raped repeatedly by the men. Two girls fought and were murdered. I never resisted, but even compliance did not prevent me from being beaten."

Tasha gasped. She could actually understand exactly what Bertha meant. She too had lived through torture. "After one pretty rough night, Symeon came to us. He brought ointment and potions to help us help. He spoke so softly, and our friendship grew. Symeon stayed at that plantation for five years until Master found out he was sneaking food to the slaves. That was the day, I watched them beat him. It was strange watching them beat someone that looked so much like them, but then Monsieur told him that he was nothing. 'At least the 'Niggers' have value he hissed. To Monsieur, Symeon was less than a slave and they should have killed him when they killed his Momma. He spit on him and ordered the men to take him away. They dragged him into the woods, where we thought he'd died. He didn't.

One night a few years after this, Symeon came to the plantation and offered to help us escape. At first, the older ones were frightened and thought he was an evil spirit. They chanted and prayed. I walked outside with him. He told me a story. It was about how his life was saved. He had a new family, a stronger one. He begged me to go with him, but I couldn't leave. I had my reasons.

However, the next day, Monsieur's son decided that there was too much rumbling in the slave cabins overnight and every slave needed a good beating. He ordered all of us to be whipped. One of the elders, MaMa Siri, was beaten to death. She was the oldest and had been there since being taken from our home land. The men were so frightened, then it seemed out of nowhere, a pack of wolves descended upon the place. Monsieur's son was killed instantly and the men that did his bidding fared no better.

Symeon came out of the woods, and the wolves surrounded him. He spoke and they went back into the forest. We were in shock. We'd never seen anything like this. Symeon walked over to Mama Siri's body, and kneeled. He whispered something and his eyes shone like something I'd never seen before. He looked at me, at all of us and said. Come. Several of the men ran with him while some were too afraid. He reached his hand out to me and I did not move. My child, my only son, was being kept in the stables and I could not leave him. As a punishment for the escape, and death of his son, Monsieur took the children, the babies, from the stables and forced us to watch as they were tied and tossed into the bow as gator bait. My son was one of the first ones they sacrificed, and it was at that moment that I knew I should have left. " A lone tear escaped and rolled down Bertha's cheek. Tasha was speechless. She had no clue that Bertha had a son, and her daughters never mentioned it.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers
12