Stones of Incienda Ch. 01 Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We'll have to make do with whom we have now my dear. It's obvious there's no time to return to Sasuren to look for such folk." Replied King Sebastian.

"Brother, who do you think we should assign to protect Noirin?" Maeve asked Faolan.

Faolan wasn't paying attention though. He was looking at Noirin with his normal frown. He simply couldn't figure out how someone like her was chosen by the Amethyst fragment. This quest was bound to be dangerous and he doubted the girl would last long. Still, there had to be a reason right? He may barely know her, but the thought of anything happening to her didn't sit well with him. His family looked at him and smiled, all having come up with the same idea. Faolan was an excellent swordsman and very few could do what he could do.

"Faolan!" his mother shouted to get his attention.

Faolan was jolted out of his thoughts and looked at his mother, "Yes?"

"We've decided that you should protect Miss Noirin."

Faolan's frown deepened, "Shouldn't the choice be mine mother?"

"Yes it should, but who better here to protect her than you? No else here has the skills needed to protect the Chosen of our kingdom's stone."

"Who said it had to be someone from our kingdom?"

"No one, but I would think Miss Noirin would be most comfortable with you as her guardian since she's familiar with you."

Before Faolan could get another word in, Lady Fitzgerald came out of nowhere and pleaded, "Please your highness protect my daughter. This is her destiny and I know you're tied to her destiny too."

"How do you know my lady?" asked Maeve.

"I can feel it. My instincts have never lied to me."

Faolan crossed his arms and not making any eye contact at anyone, he said, "Lord Andun, I shall be the protector of Chosen of the Amethyst."

"Excellent your highness." Andun replied.

Noirin still wasn't paying attention until Aamir tapped her on the shoulder. Jolted, she looked at the Muladi prince.

"Yes? Sorry, I get lost in my thoughts." She replied.

Aamir smiled sympathetically and said, "It's fine. Did you just hear?"

"Hear what?"

"Prince Faolan has volunteered to be your protector."

"Oh." Noirin replied feeling a blush coming on.

At the same time, both Eneas and Gavin were talking with their families still on who would protect the Chosen of the Carnelian and Citrine. Eneas's family came to a quick conclusion.

"Are you sure you're up to this dear?" The queen mother, Mercedes asked Eneas.

"Yes mother. I have traveled the most and am skilled in using weapons of different types." Eneas replied.

"Very well, I'll allow this then Eneas." His oldest brother, King Roberto V said.

Eneas nodded and left to walk towards Belinha and Skylar. Belinha saw him coming and looked at her brothers, who stood taller and kept neutral stares on the prince.

"Miss Belinha, it would be my honor to protect you on your journey." Eneas replied before bowing.

Belinha gawped at him because no one had ever bowed to her, especially royalty. She was just a simple girl who had been handed a huge responsibility.

The blonde managed to nod and say, "Thank you, your highness."

Skylar smiled and looked towards Gavin's family, wondering what they had decided. By the looks of it, they appeared to be arguing, which was such a waste too. This was not the time to be fussing over an issue. The decision didn't have to be made now, right? It might be best if they slept, clear their heads, and then decide. With these thoughts in mind, Skylar walked towards the Puran royal family. Gavin spotted her and soon his whole family spotted her coming.

"I am sorry if I am interrupting, but can I have an audience with your Majesties?" asked Skylar after curtseying.

"You may chosen." King James answered.

"Thank you. If you're having a hard time deciding on who will accompany me on this journey, then why not get a good night sleep first? That way your heads will be cleared and you can make the best possible decision."

"I actually like that idea father." Said Princess Gwendolyn, Gavin's twin sister.

The others agreed too, including Gavin.

"All right than, we'll do as the young lady suggests. Lord Andun, the royal family of Puran will decide on whom the Chosen of the Citrine's guardian will be tomorrow. At the moment we cannot decide yet."

Andun nodded.

"So be it. King Kamir, I suggest we all retire for the night and decide how to move forward tomorrow."

"I agree. For the night, I shall invite the Chosen and their families to spend the night here in the palace. It's the very least I can do for the time being. You will want to get plenty of rest for your journey." The king invited.

So it was settled for now. As everyone left the ballroom, Aamir decided to check on Inaya. He had an idea of where she was. The last time she got upset, she went to the garden near the armory. When he arrived there, he instantly spotted her sitting on a bench with her head down. Silently he walked up, but stopped when Inaya sat up straight.

"I know you're there Aamir. What do you want?" she asked, her voice a bit hoarse.

"I've come to see if you've calmed down."

Inaya snorted.

"No it's true, the first time you got this angry, you attacked one of the elite guards and had him flat on his back in seconds."

That statement got Inaya to laugh.

"Yes I remember. I was only 12 at the time. Aamir, I am sorry I got angry. Have the other guardians been decided yet?"

"All except for the Citrine chosen. I think the Puran royal family said they would sleep on it. It's strange, but I've noticed that all the guardians so far are princes."

"That is strange. Do you think the last one will be a prince too?"

"No idea. My head is full of thoughts anyway so I can't think all too clearly at the moment."

"Same here. I am tired. I'll head back home now Aamir. Thanks for checking up on me." Inaya replied before standing up and looking at him.

"You're welcome. Oh father requested all the chosen and their families sleep in the palace tonight. In fact, he asked me to show you your quarters."

"Really? That's probably the real reason why you came to check on me." Inaya smiled.

"No, I simply told him I was going to look for you and then he made that specific request. Come on Inaya." Aamir said before offering his arm.

Too tired to refuse, the Muladi woman took his arm and they return

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Oi vey that's a lot huh? Hehe. Well the ball is finally over and now the real work begins. I only plan on having 2 more parts for this chapter, possibly 3. As I mentioned before, I plan on having not as many chapters, but the chapters themselves will be long. Let me know what you think? Remember that anyone who comments on this part will be thanked in the next section. Time to get back to my dragons now hehe.

12