Stranger Than Truth Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Valerie. What happened?"

"I wanted it Master. You said you wanted to give me five with the cane and I needed to let you. What's happening to me?"

"I think you've become my slave instead of my submissive. Do you still have a safe word?"

Valerie thought for a minute. "I think so, Master, but it's a safety thing only, not a limit thing. I can tell you when I'm in trouble, but I'm not sure I can deny you anything. I'm frightened."

"Don't be. Do you know how may submissives crave this level? We'll explore this together. As we do, you'll be better at owning Sally and I'll learn how to dominate someone without a safe word."

As he talked, he released Valerie from the rack. He helped her to the recovery room where she soaked in the hot tub to take the aches out of her stretched muscles. Charles joined her and they talked about where her submission would go from here.

"Valerie, I've never had a submissive who felt she could not deny me anything. It makes me a little nervous. I have, however, suspected that this might happen after your time with Rachael. That's why I've put it off so long. Are you sure you want to go where this leads?"

"Yes, Master. I feel more alive now than ever. I gave Sally a fairly severe spanking this morning without difficulty. This is where I need to go. I trust you. I know you'll take me where I need to go and you'll do it safely."

"Very well. The next year should be very interesting."

Epilogue

Six months later

Valerie peeked into the bathroom where Sally was putting the finishing touches on her makeup. Valerie's lover was trying to stem the shaking in her hand, a sign of the nervousness she felt.

"Here, let me do that." As Valerie made a couple of subtle additions near Sally's eyes, she reassured her. "Sally, it's going to be all right. I'm nervous too. The last thing I expected was to be invited to the premier. Since when do the technical advisors show up to the premier?"

"We weren't invited for that."

"I know, it's because it's our movie, our story. If there are any questions from the press, let me handle them. I've had more experience dealing with the media, even if it's usually with a lot more lead time. There, perfect, you look lovely."

"Thank you, Mistress. How did Barry manage an R rating? I was sure the film would be stuck with NC-17 and straight to DVD release."

"I have no idea. The advance copy we saw was before the rating fight. I'm worried about what had to be cut. Regardless of the cuts though, we did it. A positive film about BDSM will be seen by millions. This is the first step to ending misconceptions and prejudice. There's a lot more that has to be done, but we've started the dialogue."

There was a knock at the door. A chauffeur was waiting for them, the limo Barry had arranged sitting in front of their house.

"Miss Burbon, Miss Fletcher, if you're ready, we can be on our way to the theater. Mr. Gaskin said to remind you that there would be press present and to ask if you would be willing to field a few questions before going inside."

"I expected that. We'll take a few. I don't want to give the impression that we're ashamed of the movie and the story it tells."

The ride was pleasant. Neither woman indulged in any alcoholic beverages, though both had something to drink, if just to moisten the mouths made dry by nerves. Their limo pulled in behind another and the couple watched Tasha exit with the grace and regal bearing they had come to expect from the actress. As was usual for Miss Williams, she immediately dominated the entrance to the theater. The combined murmurs of the crowd, muffled as it was by the sound proofing of the limo, kept them from hearing what Tasha was asked or how she answered. Several minutes of photos later, Tasha was on her way inside and the limo driver was opening their door.

Valerie exited first, helping Sally out afterwards. Seeing that Sally was on edge, Valerie kept hold of her arm and turned them to face the crowd. The lights and flashes from the camera prevented them from recognizing anyone in the crowd. After they took a few steps away from the car, the questions started. At first, no one question could be heard, but Valerie noticed a familiar face among the reporters.

Valerie turned her attention to the man she knew. As she opened her mouth, the questions stilled. "Larry, it's good to see you. What's your question?"

"Thank you miss Burbon. Larry Grange for The Sensible Submissive. If there was one thing you hope the public takes home from this movie, what would that be?"

"Larry, I would hope that everyone who sees Valerie's Crisis will see that prejudice always hurts someone. The attack on me that this movie portrays was the direct result of one man's unreasoning prejudice. That one act of bigotry and violence changed the lives of dozens of people and is still doing so today. Those of us in the lifestyle of domination and submission are not asking the world to like the way we live, merely that you allow us to live it in peace."

Valerie pointed at another reporter, one who was wearing a New York Times badge. "Thank you Miss Burbon, Marcia Hendron of the Times. Would you comment on Barry Gaskin's role in the filming and the reasons for his sudden departure?"

"Barry Gaskin is an excellent director and I have personally enjoyed several of his projects in the past. I can assure you that this film would not be what it is today without Barry's influence. The producer, Milton Freeman has already been quite clear on why Barry left so suddenly. I certainly don't need to add anything to his statements."

Valerie was quite pleased with her response, honest without being hostile. Barry had never come to terms with Milton's vision for the film, but had not gone public with his disagreement. It seems that friendship was stronger in this case. She added, "One more question, I don't want to miss the opening." She pointed at another reporter."

"Tod Kilner, Entertainment Weekly. What is your reaction to the cuts needed to earn an R rating? Will the integrity of the film be ruined by them?"

"Honestly Tod, I don't know what those cuts were. The only copy I've seen so far was from before the ratings fight. I do know that the integrity of the movie won't be affected. Milton would have gone straight to DVD release before he let that happen. The film will still tell the story of love and prejudice in the midst of domination and submission. Now, if you'll excuse me, I want enough time to buy some popcorn."

There were a few laughs at her comment and numerous shouted questions in the hope that she would respond to just one more. Inside, Tasha greeted both women with a hug.

"Valerie, no one's going to let you buy popcorn. You're one of the honored guests."

"I know that. Popcorn is just so movie, if you know what I mean. Is it always like this at an opening?"

"No, just for important movies. Come on, let's head inside. I've seen the end product. You're going to love it."

Not even a premier was immune to having a bevy of previews. Once they were over, the opening credits started. Against the backdrop of a St. Andrew's Cross flashed the words, "Valerie's Crisis, starring Tasha Williams and Stan Greyish." As the movie played, the couple found themselves remembering with it, their emotions on their sleeves. They cringed during Francine's assault on Valerie and Harv's murder attempt on Francine. They cuddled during their scenes showing them together, falling in love. They squealed like school girls when the credits showed, "Technical assistance provided by Valerie Burbon and Sally Thatcher."

Once it was over, Sally turned to Val. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, no flashbacks. Dr. Gloush was wonderful. He said last week was the last weekly appointment I needed. I should only need to see him monthly for a while unless something comes up. How about you?"

"I'm fine. Knowing you're going to survive the attacks helps a lot."

"You know, the movie's made me horny. Let's go downstairs and play when we get home."

"Are you going to torture me again?"

"You'll just complain if I don't."

"Damn straight I will. I'm your slave and I expect to be treated as such!" Sally said with mock seriousness.

"Get your ass to the cross as soon as we're inside, you uppity slave. You need to be punished!"

Once they were home the couple hurried down to their play room, intending to enjoy one another, Mistress and slave, lovers and life partners. Life was good for now, and both women knew they could handle anything the future sent at them.

The End

Thanks to D. for another fine editing job, especially pointing out how bad the original epilogue was (it was so lame). I love to receive feedback, so send me your thoughts, be they good or bad.

With this done, I'm starting two new stories, one a sequel to Galactic Slave and the other a fantasy story using an idea I read on another site that was just too cool to not play with. I will be returning to Valerie and her friends in the future, have no fear.