Strangers To Love Ch. 09

Story Info
Story of love, revenge, passion & justice.
1.8k words
4.65
9.6k
0

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/18/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LadyIlsa
LadyIlsa
25 Followers

When Leanna got to the kitchen, the morning sun was brilliant, the tub emptied and behind the screen once again and the smells of coffee and bacon permeated the air. Billy and James were sitting at the table, devouring a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon and bread with preserves.

'It's 'bout time you got up, lazybones!', Billy said, his mouth ringed with milk and egg on his chin. 'Da mornin' chores is done an' James let me 'elp wit breakfast an' I cook good!' Billy's smile was warm and happy.

James smiled too, but with something more in his eyes. Getting up, he held a chair out for her and then poured some coffee in a mug for her and topped off his own. Going to the stove, he filled a plate and set it in front of her, resting a hand on her shoulder. She didn't see the wink in Billy's direction and was taken completely by surprise when James bent forward and kissed her lightly on the lips. Billy laughed out loud and Leanna blushed all the way to her hairline.

'James and 'Anna kissin'! Now 'ur gonna have babies!', Billy squealed with delight.

'Billy! We are not going to have babies.' Then in a hissing voice, she turned to James, 'What are you doing? He'll tell his mother and then, well, then ......', her voice trailed off at the smile on his face.

'Mrs. Preston knows that I'm not your cousin and she told Billy that. He asked me why I fibbed and I told him that it was to protect you, but that I liked you alot. He's promised to help protect you too. Then HE asked me why I didn't kiss you, if I liked you. He reminded me that he kisses you all the time and that you like it.' James was trying very hard not to laugh and Leanna was seeing the mirth bubble over.

Smiling, Leanna turned to Billy. 'Yes, we like each other and sometimes we kiss. Is that alright with you?'

' 'Course it is! Kissin' is good. Mama says so. James, can we go now? You promised I could go to town with you.' The abrupt change of topic told Leanna that it was not important to keep up appearances around Billy any longer and that he had given his blessing.

'Well, as long as you two are going to town, I have lots to do here in the house. And I think I might need to weed the garden after all that rain. Will you be back before midday?'

'I think we will. I only have to get a few things at the hardware and I'll stop at the General Store and get what you need if you can give me a list. I'd like to start on those porch stairs this afternoon.'

'That's fine. I'll get that list for you.' And she lifted her chin expectantly. He obliged by kissing her again and then startled her when he whispered in her ear, 'I'll kiss more of you later!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As James and Billy were just reaching town in the wagon , a man on a horse passed by quickly in the opposite direction. James glanced at him, and had a moment of recognition, but couldn't put the image into context and was distracted by Billy's chatter about the things they would buy in town. He forgot all about the man until much later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buddy remembered this road very well. He had courted Rose here but had never won the respect of her father. The old man had hated him on sight and tried his best to prevent Buddy from seeing his daughter. But Rose was stubborn and independent and defiant. This worked in Buddy's favor. To a point. Rose had made it plain that she would not have sex without a ring and he hadn't seen a problem with that. So they had eloped and she had been disowned by the old man. Some mistakes only became apparent when it was too fucking late. He had been smart enough not to use his real name however. His family was known as trouble in town and it was easier to lie about his name than endure the questions. Well, the hell he had endured, despite the name change, first from her father and then from Rose and the brat were going to pay off now.

He had asked around and knew that the farm was prosperous and would fetch a good price. Word around town was that Leanna was just like her mother - independent, strong-willed and according to the ladies he had met, was wild and unable to attract a man. Since no one mentioned her looks, he still assumed that she was probably ugly. It might be harder to get her a husband, but he knew places that needed women. One way or the other, he'd be rid of her and have full pockets.

Seeing the drive, he was surprised at how little things had changed in 20 or so years. The house and barns had been painted, and the garden looked bigger, but other than that unchanged. The place looked good. He could see the new roof and thought that the other work needed must be nearly done. It was definitely good enough to sell. He pulled up on the reins still at a distance from the house. He thought he saw movement inside the front door and now had a case of nerves. What if the 'cousin' was around? Or the hired hand? She should be happy to see her 'father', but what if she wasn't?

Buddy got off the horse and sat next to a tree, watching the house and barns. His head still ached from last night's indulgence in alcohol. It was mid-morning, he'd wait a bit to make sure no one was around and then meet privately with Leanna. Make her see reason if necessary.

~~~~~~~~~~~

James asked around about Thomas Grays, like he always did and found that name to still be unknown. But one of the ladies offered that someone had been asking about the farm. Maybe a buyer? No, he'd been told the man was formerly a local from a disreputable family but she didn't know what the connection could be. The family had either died out or moved away many years ago. She only overheard him ask about the owner and was surprised that the granddaughter was running the farm.

James had warning bells going off in his head. He finished making the purchases for Leanna and went to find Billy at the hardware.

'Billy? Do you know a man named Buddy Wilkes? Do you know if he knew Leanna or her Grandfather?'

'Nope. But I only been workin' 'dere for 3 years. I started when grampman got sick and he let me take care of the cows. Who is he?'

'I don't know and that's the problem. He's been asking questions about Leanna and the farm and I'm concerned, that's all. Let's finish up here and get back, ok?'

'OK, James.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~

He'd waited long enough. From the looks of things, she was alone. Time to meet the chit. Standing up, he retrieved his 'borrowed' horse and started towards the house. At that moment a stunningly beautiful women emerged from the house wearing a white blouse and pants and work boots. Every curve of her body was outlined in the sun and her long hair was braided down her back. She carried a basket over to the garden and after putting on gloves, began pulling weeds, her back to him.

Buddy couldn't believe his luck. The bitch had female help too. He had heard that a neighbor woman sometimes helped her out and this must be her. Well, as she was the only person around, maybe his daughter had left with the others. He would just have to make her acquaintance! Tying the horse to a nearby tree, he approached the garden quietly, watching her butt move under the pants was making his cock hard. This was going to be fun, he thought.

Leanna was pulling the hundreds of little weeds that had invaded overnight while singing to herself. Her thoughts going back to last night, making her moist at the memory. She could feel her color rising knowing that she was looking forward to tonight.

She never heard the footsteps behind her and was taken by surprise at the hand over her mouth and the strong arm around her waist. She tried to bite at the hand and her efforts resulted in his repositioning his hand over her nose also. Now she couldn't breath - the arm gripping her so tight she couldn't move away from him. Her vision started to waver and her lungs were burning, her attempts to fight getting weaker and weaker. She heard him grunt with victory when she went limp.

She woke to darkness and realized that she was blindfolded and her arms were tied tightly behind her back. She felt him tugging at her blouse, ripping the buttons free and exposing her breasts.

'My, aren't those lovely? Let's see what else ya got!' And he began to tug at the buttons on her pants. She began to kick at him blindly and must have landed a good one, because she heard him grunt loudly. 'Bitch! You'll pay for that.......damn!' He then slapped her hard across the face. 'I don't want to hurt you, but I will if you try that again. Now stop kicking.' Leanna went limp and when he reached for her pants again, she let him have it, hard and well placed right between his legs.

Buddy bent over, nearly sick with the pain. 'You'll.... pay..... for...... that....', he squeaked. And with that, he delivered a punch to her jaw that knocked her out cold. Buddy rolled over onto his back, holding his aching balls.

~~~~~~~~~

James and Billy drove the wagon back to the farm as fast as they could. James was convinced that something wasn't right and had remembered the man who passed them on the road. He knew he looked familiar, yet out of context. Like he should be dressed better, be clean shaved, and playing . . . poker! That was it! The man was Thomas Grays! But what was his interest in Leanna and the farm? And who was Buddy Wilkes? Could they be the same man? If so, could he have used other names as well? The fear he felt was palpable to Billy, who looked like he wanted to cry.

James looked at Billy and could see his fear reflected. 'Billy. Remember how we talked about protecting Leanna? We may have to do that today. If I'm right, a very bad man is at the farm and Leanna is in danger. Do you understand?'

'Yes. Protect 'Anna no matter what, right?'

'Right.'

Pulling the wagon into the drive, James just prayed they weren't too late.

LadyIlsa
LadyIlsa
25 Followers