Struggling Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I was totally gone, babe. I didn't even hear you until it was too late."

Even in her drunken state, she knew now that this was wrong.

"Fuck off Briar. I hope your dick falls off. God, I'm such an idiot..." She fixed her clothes and headed out, mumbling something about doing better for herself.

Briar did not follow.

~*~*~*~

4/10/11 2:12AM

Don't be a fool. Fools psych themselves up to believe whatever sounds prettiest. Liars will wrap up the most beautiful packages, but when you open them, reality is still the same. I let myself believe that people can change. And maybe they can. But if we spend our lives waiting for people to do the right thing, we miss all the great "what if's". I will never drink with an enemy again. And I will never fall victim again. I am not a little girl anymore.

~*~*~*~

The next morning

"Hi, I'm here to pick up a prescription for Zoey Claire?"

"Ok, one second."

The woman came back, and the look of judgment was all over her face. She handed her the bag, and held onto it for two seconds too long.

"You really should be more careful, dear."

"And you really ought to mind your own fucking business." Zoey turned to walk away, but then turned back. "Look, I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Gabriel approached, smile on his face, basket in hand. Looked like she wasn't the only one doing Sunday errands. His eyes dropped to the bag in her hand, and then back to meet hers. "Are you alright? Getting sick?"

"More like avoiding it." The lady said, leaving room for suggestion. She slid the window closed before Zoey could take back her apology from just moments ago.

Gabriel's eyes filled with concern. "Zoey, what's going on?"

She couldn't raise her eyes to meet his. She was too ashamed and too nervous. Would he walk away and forget about her? How would she ever come back from this? After everything he had done to make her see what she didn't see until it was too late?

She found the courage to look up at him, her honey amber eyes meeting his worried emeralds. "I slept with Briar."

12