Summer Ice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MugsyB
MugsyB
2,725 Followers

"Thanks, Max, but it isn't necessary," Mary told him.

"I think this guy needs to be taught a lesson," Max protested, letting her go and facing forward in his seat again. The light changed green for the fourth time since they'd stopped, and he pressed his foot on the gas pedal.

"Oh, he will be," Mary replied and Max glanced over in time to catch her playful wink.

He hardened in an instant.

"I don't intend to let him get away with that," Mary told him, unaware of what she did to him. "I've already got an idea for next week's class."

"That's my girl," Max replied and tapped her on the shoulder with his fist.

She laughed and hit him back. A few minutes later, he was pulling into the garage of his house.

"Uh, I thought you were going to take me back to my place so I could get some clothes and stuff," Mary reminded him as they climbed out of the car.

"Well, that was before I knew what a foul mood you'd be in tonight," Max replied and led the way inside.

"Hey!" Mary cried indignantly and shoved him from behind.

Max laughed and tossed his keys on the counter before turning and grabbing hold of his girlfriend. "I meant it in a nice way."

She scowled at him, leaning away from his kiss as he bent down to her.

"Oh, come on," Max whined with a laugh. "Your dog didn't die. Don't I deserve at least one kiss?"

"I don't even have a d-" she started to shout, but he cut her off by sealing his lips firmly over hers.

In seconds, she relented with a sigh, sliding her hands up his arms and looping them behind his neck. He pulled her close, drawing her body against his and savoring the taste of her on his lips. With teasing strokes, he ran his tongue over her lips and she parted beneath him. He slipped his tongue inside her mouth and stroked hers. She moaned and he swallowed his groan of pleasure at hearing it.

After some time, he released her and leaned back against the kitchen counter. She smiled as she leaned against his front, her cheeks pink and her lips swollen.

"You know," she said, resting her cheek against his chest. "If I did have a dog, and he had died, that maybe would have cheered me up."

"Maybe?" Max repeated indignantly. He tipped her head up and looked down into her face with his eyebrows raised. "Maybe?"

Laughing, Mary stepped back, out of his embrace. "Yeah, maybe." She took another few steps away and grinned at Max as she managed to wriggle her feet out of her shoes. "You can do better." With that, she was gone, running across the kitchen.

Max took off after her, not even bothering to remove his own shoes. Mary shrieked and batted him with her hands when he caught up with her down the hall from his bedroom. He fended off her weak blows and trapped her wrists behind her back. Then he leaned down and licked her exposed neck from the shoulder joint all the way up to the sensitive skin below her ear lobe. He felt a shudder rock through her and groaned at the heat it added to his already aching erection.

"Max," she murmured his name, going limp in his arms. "I can't feel my legs."

Chuckling, he pressed a hot kiss to her throat before lifting her into his arms. A minute later, he had her lying half-naked on his bed. She laughed at the swiftness with which he removed her shirt. Her bra quickly followed and then she was gasping for air as he closed his lips around one taut nipple. Stroking her stomach, he sucked her nipple into his mouth and flicked his tongue over the tip, delighting in all the sounds she made.

While she was distracted with that, he toed his shoes off and undid the button of his jeans. He lifted his head and kissed his way back up to her mouth, sliding his tongue between her lips and growling low in his throat when Mary rose to meet his kiss. She pressed her chest against his and reached down his back, pulling at his shirt. He broke the kiss and moved back long enough to pull the shirt off over his head. Then he was back over her, their bare skin rubbing together, creating still more heat between them.

"Mmm, Max," she breathed and kissed his throat, her teeth scraping his skin.

"Hmm?" He lifted his head just enough to look down into her flushed face. As he waited for her response, his fingertips danced across her body, teasing the soft skin of her breasts before moving over her abdomen.

"I don't know why..." her sentence trailed off as Max pushed his hand below the waist of her jeans. "Why... I... why..."

"Yes?" he prompted, watching her eyes slide shut and her body lift to meet his questing fingers.

"...Why I put up with you," she finished in a hurried breath.

"Hmm," he mused and pushed aside her panties so he could play with her moist core. "Because I make you feel like this?" he suggested and slipped two fingers inside of her.

"Oh God!" she gasped and dug her nails into his shoulder.

He hissed at the sting but didn't stop. He bent his head and kissed her throat. She pressed her head back against the pillows, as he pushed his fingers inside of her again. She clung to him, her mouth opening and closing on every gasping breath and finally, finally she came apart on his hand.

God, how he loved to watch her come. Her face relaxed and her mouth formed a perfect little 'O' of surprise, as though she can't quite believe how it feels. Every time he saw her this way, he fell a little bit more in love with her.

With that thought and more swimming through his already addled mind, he relieved them both of their pants and settled himself between her soft thighs. He couldn't wait any longer. He sealed his lips over hers and sank into all her wet heat.

"Oh Max," Mary moaned his name and kissed him back.

Her arms went around his shoulders and she held on as he rocked back and thrust in again. She was so snug and hot around him. He could die a happy man in this exact place, in her arms, inside her body. Then she moaned and he tensed, holding back his own climax.

He wanted this to last a little bit longer.

So he slanted his mouth over hers, sliding his tongue alongside hers, sweetly teasing. She teased him with hers in turn, and lifted her hips to thrust against him as he sank into her again.

"You're killing me," he groaned and felt her lips curl into a smile.

"I know," she murmured and lifted her hips again.

He moaned and pressed a hard kiss to her mouth as he closed his hand on her hip to keep her from moving. She slipped her hands down his back to cup his butt and he jerked against her when he felt her fingers sliding over the skin. Reaching back, he grabbed her hands and threw them down to the bed, trapping them wide out on either side of her body.

"Stop it," he growled.

She grinned impishly at him, biting her lower lip and then he felt her muscles squeeze him below.

"Oh God," he moaned and dropped his head to rest his forehead against hers.

After that, he couldn't control himself. He held her down and thrust into her over and over again, feeling his temperature soar along with his heart rate. Mary moaned in his ear, licking his ear lobe and gently biting down. He came then, rocking hard inside of her and moaning. She held him close, licking the side of his neck and drawing out the sensations with each touch.

After a long moment, he lay down beside her, their legs and arms still tangled together. Mary turned her head and smiled weakly at him before opening her mouth wide on a yawn. Max mimicked her and smiled back before leaning down to kiss her soundly once more.

"Do you think you can sleep without nightmares about your dead dog now?" he asked around another yawn.

She laughed and smacked his chest with an open palm. He winced and caught her fingers in his hand. Her bright eyes followed the movement as he drew her hand to his mouth and kissed each fingertip. When he felt the shiver slide through her, he grinned and pulled her close to his body. He drew the covers up over both of them and they yawned in unison.

"Have a good sleep, friend," Max whispered as Mary's eyes closed.

She murmured something that he didn't catch moments before her breathing lengthened into a deep, even pattern. Max watched her for a long while after she'd fallen asleep, his chest feeling tight.

I think I love you, he told her silently and pressed his lips to her hair. He mouthed the words again, his heart hammering hard against his ribcage.

***

By the end of her course at Mount Royal in another couple weeks, Mary was ready to give up on school altogether.

"I'm almost 25, for crying out loud," she griped to Rebecca during their work one evening. "Shouldn't I have a degree or something by now?"

Rebecca smiled encouragingly at her. "You are exactly where you knew you'd be now," she reminded Mary. "You only started taking a couple classes a week less than two years ago."

Mary huffed out a breath and chucked her dirty rag in the sink behind the counter. "I know. Maybe it's time for me to take a break."

"There's nothing wrong with that. Why don't you take the fall semester off and think about another class in the new year?"

"Why wait until fall for a break?" Mary asked with a frown.

"I thought you'd already enrolled for that summer course."

Swearing again, Mary covered her face with her hands.

"Mary!" Max's familiar voice cried as he walked into Beans & Steam.

Mary didn't even have to pretend to be glad to see him. Her entire body relaxed and a smile spread across her face. She dropped her hands from her face and walked out from behind the counter. Her boyfriend - that still made her feel giddy to think about him that way - swept her up in a hug and he buried his face in the crook of her neck. Mary shuddered and felt moisture pool between her legs.

Would she ever not be turned on by this man?

"Are you all right?" she asked when he breathed her in deeply a second time, not letting her go. He didn't usually cling to her this long.

"Max?" she tried again after another moment.

He released her and stepped back. His blue eyes were dim and Mary felt her smile slip.

"We've got the top seeded team in the conference for round two," he told her.

She bit her lip and nodded. Yes, she'd heard. "That's no big deal. You and the team have come up against some pretty big challenges this season, and look how far you've come."

Max nodded, moving to an empty table and sitting down. "I know. I just have a bad feeling."

Mary frowned and punched him in the shoulder.

"Ow!" he cried, scowling up at her. "What the hell was that for?"

"For being so negative," she answered and stood in front of him with a finger pointed at his nose. "If you jinx my team with this attitude, I will personally do damage to you. On a personal level."

Max met her gaze steadily, a scowl on his face. Then his lips parted on a sigh and he smiled up at her. Before she could move away, he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her onto his lap. He pressed his face against the joint between her neck and shoulder again and inhaled. "I'm sorry," he said. "I wasn't trying to jinx your team."

"I know," she said, swinging one leg back and forth over the floor and smiling at him as he lifted his head to look at her. "All you can do is try, Max." She felt more than a little like she was giving him a pep talk. "So far, your effort has paid off."

"Thanks, Mary," he murmured and cupped her face for a kiss. "When are you off?"

Rebecca, who had been giving them as much privacy as the small coffee shop would allow, strolled over. "You guys can go."

"What? My shift isn't over for another hour and a half," Mary replied as she smiled up at her friend.

"Oh please," Rebecca said as she waved a dismissive hand. "We haven't had a customer for over an hour. Go. I'll close up."

"You're the best, Rebecca!" Mary jumped up and hugged her friend. "Let me just grab my coat," she added as she dashed around the corner to the staff room.

A few minutes later, they were in Max's car and he was driving to her place so she could pack an overnight bag. Shortly after that, they were all but flying through the city to Max's house and Mary was shrieking at him to slow down. Laughing like a wild man, Max continued to speed and they made it safely - and quickly - to his house; where Mary promptly turned to him and punched him in the shoulder.

"Would you please stop trying to kill me!" she cried and hit him again for good measure.

Laughing, Max fended off her blows and managed to close his hands around her wrists. He pulled her close and kissed her cheek, sliding his lips across to hers when she stopped struggling.

"You suck," she muttered against his lips and he smiled.

"I don't know," Max said as he sat back and reached for the door handle. "I think you must like me some."

She shrugged as she hopped out of the car. "You're tolerable, most of the time."

Laughing, Max slung an arm around her shoulder as they walked into the house. Mary went to the bedroom to drop off her bag and change into her comfortable pajamas. Max did the same and soon they were cuddled together on the couch, watching a movie.

"So what are your plans for the summer?" Max asked when they reached a lull in the movie.

"Work," Mary replied and angled her head back to look up at him. "Why?"

"Well, I heard from one of my old friends the other day and I'm thinking I'll head home to Montreal for the summer."

She nodded and faced the movie again, wondering why he was bringing this up out of the blue. Breathing in deeply, she smiled at the scent of him; man mixed with the faint remnants of the ice. Nothing so alluring as that to Mary.

"You should come with me!" Max exclaimed after another minute.

Startled, Mary sat up and looked into his face. He was grinning and she couldn't help but smile back. That seemed to be the effect this man had on her. "Come where?"

"To Montreal! It'll be great. We can spend some time at my parent's place and then you can meet all my friends."

Mary laughed, caught up in his excitement. Then her conversation with Rebecca flooded back into her mind and she stopped. "Oh, crap," she muttered. "I can't. I signed up for a summer course."

Max's face fell and it instantly made Mary feel better. Then she felt guilty for spoiling his good mood, no matter how unintentionally she'd meant it.

"I'm sorry," she said as she laid a hand on his arm. "I'd love to see Montreal. I've never been there, and I would definitely love to meet your family and friends."

"It's all right," Max said and smiled again. "Just cancel the course and come with me."

Mary smiled, though she didn't feel pleased by his words. It would be the logical choice but she didn't want to pull out of the class. She wanted to complete it and move on with her degree. "I can't, Max."

"Why not? I'll pay for it if you get a charge for canceling."

Mary frowned, definitely not liking where this conversation was going. She didn't want to take anything from anyone, least of all a man she'd been dating for two weeks. "I don't want you to pay for it, Max," she replied, sitting up and moving a little further away from him.

"What's wrong? Why don't you want to come to Montreal?" he asked, still smiling, but Mary could see the hurt behind his sparkling blue eyes.

"I do want to come to Montreal, Max. I just can't this summer, all right?"

A moment of awkward silence spread between them until Max exhaled and pulled her close for a hug. He pressed his lips to her forehead and she shivered at the soft contact. His hand slid up her neck and cupped her chin, tipping her head up. He smiled and kissed her on the mouth.

"I wish you could," he told her with a lopsided smile. Then he brightened. "Hey! I know, you can house-sit for me!"

She blinked, taken by surprise. "What?"
"Well, I can't leave the new house alone all summer."

Mary honestly didn't know what to think. She sat back for a minute, nodding but saying nothing. Her mind was spinning.

So this is the alternative? she thought. Sitting in his empty house and wishing he was around? Meanwhile he's off in Montreal partying with his friends and laughing and having a good time with other women... She cut herself off, hating herself even as her mind took that awful turn. No. I can't compare him to anyone else, she told herself. He's nothing like Bohdan. He wouldn't deceive me like that.

Still, now that she'd thought of it, it wouldn't leave her mind.

The movie ended and they migrated to Max's bedroom. Mary lay on her back while Max was in the bathroom, brushing his teeth. She stared at the ceiling and told herself over and over that she was being foolish. There was no reason for her to think this way about Max when he'd been nothing but an good friend and an amazing boyfriend.

But it was there in her mind, and she couldn't erase it.

"I think this is a good thing," Max said as he walked into the bedroom, still talking about the summer. "You... hey, what are you doing?" he asked with a laugh.

Mary had rolled onto her stomach and was holding a pillow over her head. She didn't even look up as Max climbed into bed and slipped his hands under the covers.

"Mary, I can see you," he said. "If this is you trying to play hide and seek, you suck at it."

Sighing, Mary rolled back over and smiled weakly at him.

"Are you all right?" Max asked, leaning close and kissing her.

Instead of answering, Mary grabbed his head and pulled him down on top of her. He surrendered and for a while, Mary was able to forget her worries and insecurities under the warm stroke of Max's fingers.

***

"Well, they lost," Mary grumbled to Rebecca when her friend asked her how she was one morning a couple weeks later.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Mary," Rebecca said in such a genuinely remorseful voice that Mary had to smile.

"It's fine, Rebecca," Mary said and reached over to pat her friend on the arm as she passed by on her way to the staff room.

The taller woman followed her in there and stood by as Mary changed for work. "I know how excited you were about the game."

Again, Mary smiled. "It was more than one game, but it's fine. I'm just sad that it's already over."

Max and the team had fought hard in this series, going the full seven games, but in the end, they just couldn't make it happen. So their run for the Stanley Cup this year was over.

And Max would be leaving for Montreal in a day.

Mary still wasn't sure what she felt about that. She hadn't told Rebecca about it and didn't even want to talk about it with Max. He was upset about the game and the series, but he was also excited to get home to see his friends. For now, Mary decided she could focus on her work and forget at least for one shift about Max leaving.

"Mary!" Max's voice called from the front end and Mary met Rebecca's eyes with a weak smile.

So much for that, Mary thought as she walked out of the staff room with her friend.

There was Max standing near the end of the counter with a smile on his face. Pete was over by the till, counting something, and shaking his head but Mary didn't spare him another thought.

"Come on, let's go," Max said with a little wave at Mary.

She blinked as she walked up to him. "What are you talking about? I just got here."

"I know and I asked Pete if you could have the rest of the day off so we can hang out," Max replied as he reached for her hand. "I leave tomorrow, you know." This he said with a hangdog expression that often had Mary melting in a puddle.

Today, however, Mary was tired, and confused about what was happening, and she didn't feel like indulging her desires - or his - at the moment.

"I can't leave, Max," she told him with a frown. "I have to work. I've already missed so many shifts because of the games, I don't even know what groceries I can buy this week."

MugsyB
MugsyB
2,725 Followers