Summer's Storm

Story Info
In the dead of winter he remembers a Summer storm.
2k words
4.3
10.2k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The soft brown dust rose slowly off the top of the young green leaves of the soybean plants as the cultivator passed by them, creating mini dust storms behind him. His eyes, stinging with sweat looked out upon the rows, keeping straight, glancing as the boom wheels when down the rows. It was hotter than he had ever imagined.

This was the year that he decided to see if the old way of farming would be better than what he had been doing. It actually started as a joke at the coffee shop one morning. He had the equipment. An old M Farmall along with the saddle cultivator that his grandparents bought when it was new. Forty acres..That wouldn't be so hard, he could do it without using the new 250 horse tractor with comfort control seating, stereo and air conditioning. He wished there was more of a breeze today as the sun beat down on the black rubber coating of the steering wheel, heating it to a near melting point and covering his leather gloves with a sooty black powder. Nearing the end of the row, he hit the trip, bringing the shinny cultivator shoes out of the ground, yanking hard on the steering wheel and swinging the ends around careful not to wind up taking out 10 rods of fencing in the process. He lined up and continued down the rows, looking up once to see her standing there at the far end of the field.

She had busied herself all day around the house. It wasn't what she had pictured growing up a young girl in the big city. She had dreamed of 200 thousand dollar homes, with gardens and cooks. Being the social hit of the town, opera, the theater, the big city life. But she had fallen for him the first time they met. There was something that drew her to him, and slowly the pieces all began to fit. Instead of the new home in the new development she was tending to a 100 year old farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. But she loved the charm of the house, with its creaky stairs, doors made of solid wood, and windows that took a crowbar to open when the weather got sticky. She had pleaded with him to install central air, but so far all she had managed to get was a small window unit for their bedroom. It had been stifling hot that day, the kind of day that happens in late August when it is so hot the birds won't sing, and the midday heat had built into the house to the point where it pushed her out into the yard, giving her the encouragement to work in her garden. She looked at her watch and thought she should check on him, he had gone out at noon saying that he wanted to finish up before the day was out. She laughed inside at his stubbornness. If he had used his newer equipment he would have finished two hours ago.

Turning to head for the house she heard the phone ring and hurried past the screen door to answer it. It was the neighbor inviting them over for supper. She politely declined telling her kind neighbor that he was still in the field, although knowing that she could see him in the field out her own kitchen window. She made a quick sandwich and filled his small thermos with cold water and head out to check on him.

The row went quickly by and he slowed as he came to the end, shutting down the old Farmall, but wondering in the back of his mind if it would start again. Crawling down he walked down the row to where she stood by the gate to the field. He smacked the dust off his jeans with his gloves as he came near her, bending in close to kiss her cheek, smiling at her. " I was just thinking about you, he chuckled, what's up?" "I thought you might need a drink and a little something to keep your sugar up, "she replied. He thanked her taking the jug and sandwich Pouring a little of the water into his hands he rinsed them of the dust covering him. They sat in the grass at the edge of the field, he tore the sandwich in half, giving part back to her and begin to eat. "Another hour and I should be done", he said looking off at the field. She smiled, "The neighbors invited us to supper, but I know she was just calling to tease you about this old junk pile." "This old junk pile kept my grandparents in business for nearly 40 years, " he puffed waving his hand high in the air in case the neighbor lady was watching out her kitchen window, "the only thing that worries me is that I won' t get it done before the rain comes in." She nodded silently as he drank the cool water from the silver cup that once covered the top of the thermos. "Thanks beautiful I needed that!! But I gotta get back at it," he said, handing her the thermos and standing back up, helping her to her feet and giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

She turned and walked slowly back to the house as she heard the starter engine whine and turn over before kicking the old Farmall back to life. It was too hot to get much else done, but the western skies were beginning to darken as the heat of the day gave away to evening thunderstorms, there lightning and rumbled thunder still too far off to be noticeable She returned to the house, going up to the bedroom to start the air conditioner. Even with the cooling effect of the rain that might come it would take a while for the heat in the house to escape and she didn't' feel like sweating buckets while tossing and turning trying to go to sleep. She had a new book that she had been wanting to read and found it, walking out the front door and sitting in the new porch swing he had built. This had to be her favorite place and the one thing that got her to stay here the first time she was out to the farm. She began to read her book as the breeze changed slightly from straight south to more westernly. She was lost in the details of the words as he pulled the rig into the farmyard, up next to the machine shed, and shutting it down. He would usually have power washed it after finishing up, but his main goal was to get in and grab a shower to rinse off the layer of dirt covering his clothes and body. Besides, he thought to himself as he walked to the house, the rain coming in will wash the old girl down a bit and make my job a little easier in the morning. He walked in the backdoor and headed for the bathroom after shedding his clothes in the mud room off the back pantry. The steam rose off his skin as the water cascaded over him, the dirt and grime of the day washing over his golden skin and down the drain of the shower. He finished off drying himself in a towel, taking great care not to use her good "display towel" hanging on the rack. He threw on a pair of jeans and strolled out the front door, sitting down next to her on the swing.

"Good book?" he asked. "It is." she said, "did you get finished?" "For today, he said, Rain's coming soon." The end of his sentence capped with the distant rumble of a summer storm still some 10 miles west of the farm. He wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close to him. She nestled into his arms, her head laying on his shoulder as he gently rocked the swing back and forth, its chains making a soft creaking noise with each rhythmic sway. They sat that way as the chirp of the crickets and soft chirp of the birds slowly gave way to the louder locomotive sounds of the approaching storm, its brilliant streaks of lightning now carving wide spider crack designs against the dark sky. They began to kiss passionately as the first drops of rain began to hit the leaves of the trees. As the rain began to fall harder he gently touched her face, wiping off the mist that had formed in little droplets on her skin. Kissing her neck she clutched him tightly, her hands drifting over the hardness of his shoulders to find the cool skin on the back of his neck, her fingers entwining in his hair, guiding his head as he kissed her. There embrace broke swiftly as he began to unbutton her blouse, his hands strong and rough from days of work in stark contrast to her smooth angelic skin. His lips seared trails of fire down the valley of her breasts as he bared them to the coolness of the evening air, now damp with the steady rain that continued to fall. His lips finding her nipples, clutching them ever so gently as his tongue worked them into a heightened state of excitement. Her head thrown back, feeling the soft mist of the rain as it splattered on her face, a low moan escaping her lips as his hand worked up her thighs, under her skirt, finding the soft silken material of her panties. His lips continued their assault on her skin as his fingers began to slowly trace the outline of her panties, gently rubbing the outer lips of her sex through the soft material. She spread her legs wider for him, allowing him access as she pulled his head up with her hands, their lips meeting again, their tongues gently caressing each other. Her hands roamed wildly over his back as his fingers continued their task, her panties now damp from the wetness of her desire for him. She pulled away briefly standing before him to remove her panties, pulling him up and unbuttoning his jeans as her lips found his chest. Her touch cool and soft on the hot skin of his cock as their tongues tickled each other, his hands invading her hair, massaging the back of her neck.

She sat him down on the cool wet wood of the swing as she hiked her skirt, straddling him, sliding down over him quickly allowing him to fill her completely. His hands sliding over her back down to her hips, guiding them as she rose and fell against him, their groins meeting with each thrust. Thier kisses trailed off into a series of moans and soft sweet words of love as they both neared closer to the orgasm that was to overtake them. As the tempo of their thrusts increased her entire body tingled with lust as the taunt skin of her nipples brushed the curly dark hair on his chest, each thrust flooding her, soaking him. As the lightning exploded overhead their final thrust timed perfectly with the deafening clap of the thunder as her body tensed and then spasmed over the edge, his cock filling her completely as it swelled and emptied its hot seed into her. She collapsed onto him, he holding her tightly, kissing her face softly as they were pelted from the rain.

Taking her into his arms he lifted her, carrying her into the house and to their bedroom. Laying her limp body on the cool sheets of the bed. Crawling in next to her he held her tightly as the rain smacked off of the glass of the windows. He began kissing her again, their lips meeting, knowing that their lust and love would take them through this storm, and as the night enveloped their small farm, they made love again, until both were drained and fell silently off to sleep in each others arms.