Sunshine and Darkness Ch. 01

Story Info
How will her sunshine and his darkness collide?
1.8k words
4.37
16k
2

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/12/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rebecca walked through the beautiful cherry tree lined streets of the country's capital. Breathing in the wonderful aroma from the trees, she felt the tension drain from her body. She had a smile on her face and in her heart. Life was so good. The sun was shining, the wind gently blowing against her skin and even the birds were especially cheerful today. Finally having escaped an abusive marriage, the divorce was final as of yesterday. She felt free for the first time in 10 years. Power ran through her. She knew she could do anything with her life now. No more waiting on the whims of someone else. It had been a long hard battle to resurrect her inner self but she had done it. The year of separation had been the worse her husband constantly attacking her trying to subdue her into returning but she had found her power within her self to not give in. She had fought him mentally and had won the battle.

She had been a beautiful young women set on a career in the literary world having just graduated college at the age of 23. She had met him at a writing seminar where he was the guest speaker. He had romanced her hard from the very beginning but even then he had never asked her opinion or thoughts but she had been so dazzled the she had fallen hard. With stars in her eyes, she had married him a month later. It had taken a year before it had got bad. At first he just took care of everything and because she had moved to the west coast and was in a new place and settling in she had let it ride but as soon as she mentioned going to work the abuse had started and hadn't let up for ten solid years. Now she was free not just from him but from the mental darkness. She would never again allow someone control of her thoughts and mind. She wanted to love again and planned to one day but for now life was for the living she had taken the last year of her marriage and emotionally withdrew from him and then the last year of separation and healed totally thanks to a wonderful therapist.

Now she was planning to return to her writing something he would have never permitted. Rebecca smiled grimly to herself no that would have meant having a thought he hadn't placed in her head. A breeze rustle past her blowing her blonde curly hair back from her face. She watched the fluffy clouds roll by and let the wind sweep away her dark thoughts. Her large blue eyes sparkled with a vitality that had not been there in years. Peace flooded her soul like the lapping of the waves of a peaceful ocean.

Turning she decided to head back to her town home purchased with the settlement money that she received from her ex-husband she hadn't wanted anything from him but logic raised its ugly head in the form of her friend and lawyer Maria Santana and she did need a roof over her head. This was for the best he was on the west coast and she was back home on the east coast where she wouldn't be bothered by memories and close to those who love and support her. Coming to her two-story town home in Georgetown, she took her key from her pocket and went in. She could hear the phone ringing as she stepped inside.

Grabbing the phone hastily before it stopped she answered, "hello?"

"Hi Rebecca its Maria" came the faintly Hispanic voice.

"Hi Maria nothing wrong is there?" Rebecca and Maria had been friends for years but since begining the devorce proceedins hearing her voice made her uneasy but she knew it would pass.

Maria laughed, "No I was just wondering if you wanted to go out dancing tonight to celebrate your freedom."

A smile bloomed on her face. "Yeah that sounds fun I'm in the mood to let loose and shake things up a bit it's been a long year."

They entered the quite bar where many professionals tended to hang out after work. Not so touristy. A few couples were dancing on the small wooden dance floor and quite a few were at the bar nursing after work drinks. Maria with her usual tendency for split second decision making found a table next to two yummy men.

Settling in they ordered drinks and began to review the clientele, male and female, just for fun. Maria rarely missed a detail, much to Rebecca's constant amusement. She shared her friend's quick eye for people and had just as much insight but hers was just subtler.

The women were the opposite in everything including looks and temperament but they had been best friends since the moment they had met. Rebecca was tall and willowy with pert breasts, slender hips, and large ice blue eyes. Maria was her exact opposite short and curvaceous with slick black hair and big brown eyes.

Maria's first rather loud observation of the night came immediately "Rebecca those two gorgeous men next to us just touched hands and are leaning rather close into one another. Obviously, they were not going to be going home with either of us tonight or from the looks of it any night."

Rebecca about shot her drink through her noise. She knew better to actually eat or drink around Maria choking was always a hazard. "Maria lower you voice. You're embarrassing the hell out of me"

Maria laughing too but lowering her voice an octave. "Becca you know I cant help it."

Rebecca was looking around seeing if anyone had heard her and sure enough several people were looking their way luckily they were smiling. Including the two guys next to them. She smiled apologetically at them when she started to swing her head back to Maria when her gaze snagged on a dark headed man sitting in the corner. He was beautiful. He looked like an alabaster statue his skin was so perfect. His hair was neatly cut as were all the professionals in the room and he wore a suit, as well but there was something different about him maybe European. He glanced up as though he could feel her gaze. His eyes were black and piercing and filled with laughter. He had obviously heard Maria's comment.

Rebecca turned back to see Maria staring at her. "Damn girl he's checking you out good and your giving back as good as you're getting"

Rebecca shivered but laughed. "I think I'm going to accept that invitation in his eyes, you ok here."

Maria got very still, this was not Becca's normal way, even in college she waited for the guys to come to her. "I'm good" Maria said bewilderedly "Go ahead but be careful."

Rebecca just laughed "Thanks mom I will besides what's the worst that can happen in here. If I don't like him I will just rejoin you. Fair enough?" gathering her things Rebecca turned to join him at his table.

Before she could take a step Maria popped off with "No its not fair I wish I had seen him first."

Rebecca continued chuckling to herself as she approached him.

"May I sit here?" she asked when she reached his table.

He inclined his very subtly and slightly continental in nature. "Please have a seat its not everyday I have a beautiful women ask to join me." His accent was very foreign like nothing she had ever heard before faintly Italian maybe but she couldn't pin it down but it was like silk across her already jangled nervous.

She laughed at that and said as she sat "Some how I doubt you've ever been alone for any length of time. Well that wasn't of your own choosing. I'm Rebecca" Holding her hand out for him to shake.

He languidly took it into his own holding it for a moment staring into her eyes and making her even more nervous. Slowly he raised it to his mouth placing a soft seductive kiss gently on the back of her hand before turning it over and placing another on the palm.

Rebecca shifted in her seat and tightly crossed her legs because the tingling running from her hand straight through her belly was pooling between them.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Rebecca. I am Marcus. Tell me my dear do you often approach strange men. You know it can be quite dangerous." Then his sensuous mouth spread wide in an unholy grin and he lean casually back giving her space she didn't realize had even been invaded. "Although, I assure you I mean you no harm beyond that which you ask for." Then Marcus chuckled softly at what must have been a private joke.

Rebecca figured he was probably into a little BDSM or something and that in and of itself didn't worry her it was the mental games people played that she would no longer wish to participate in.

She was quiet for a moment considering how to answer. Lifting her drink, she made a snap decision to be completely honest and to follow her own rules No Games. "Marcus I came over here because you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. This may sound trite but it felt like they spoke to me. Look, she said sitting up straighter, I have never done this before in my life I don't play games and I value and give honesty so if you aren't interested please just say so and I will rejoin my friend if not I am very curious to get to know you."

Marcus eyed the blonde beauty in front of him. She radiated life and sunshine something he had not seen in too many years. "My dear I appreciate your honesty. I am flatter that you find me appealing. I do not enjoy playing mind games either it is so much more pleasant if the cards so to speak are laid on the table. Yes? So that's said what I really want to do is take you to bed and tell you all my secrets and teach you passion that you could never dream of how do you feel about that. To echo you, if my honesty is to blunt then please fill free to rejoin your friend."

Rebecca sat immobile for a spit second then began to laugh tears filling her eyes. "Marcus" she said between breaths "you are a wonder I think I'm going to enjoy whatever you have to teach me."

He rose from his chair holding a hand for her to take "Would you like to dance?"

She laid her hand in his and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor.

He twirled her into his arms and then they vanished. Soon all she could feel was wind and night rushing past her. Fear of course was her first reaction but soon excitement began to gain a foothold. His embrace was warm and tight as he held her close. The sensation was giving way from fear to sensual excitement he had said he wouldn't harm her only to the point that she wanted and she instinctively believed him.