Sunshine Ch. 01

Story Info
Her mistake, His love and trust gone.. forever?
1.8k words
3.61
21k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter one-
600 years old-

I slipped further into the shadows when I heard another voice. I should have known he wouldn't be coming home alone. They entered the room, hands flying over clothing searching for a way under. He pushed her on the bed as she smiled mischievously up at him. That was when he sensed my discomfort, when he knew I was there.

His expression changed as he located me in the darkest corner of the room, I was surprised it had taken him this long to notice I was there. I had sensed him when he was a block away. Then again he always said I was the better tracker.

"Baby, when is your cock going to find his way to my wanting pussy?" We both looked down at the blond naked and ready for him. He looked back up as he lowered himself to her. He was drunk with lust, I was sober with pain.

I wished in this moment I could have become smaller as Alice did and run. But there was no going back. If I left now he would surely follow when he finished with her, and there are others I'd be leading him to that I had to protect.

My only way of escape was to a more painful time, the time he told me I wasn't the woman he had fallen for anymore.

*

"You've changed, you're different. You're not innocent, you don't care anymore. You're... not her." He said as he stepped back from me disgust twisting itself into his once handsome face.

"But you love me." I said as the tears I wished would surface never came. If only he saw I was about to cry, if only he saw me crying.

"I love what you were. You are no longer the woman I met 500 years ago. You... you're different. You are the thing I escaped so many years ago, the thing you changed within me. How can I continue to be what you made me into when you yourself are not?" The question had confused me; the question harmed me, my being. The tears that once were about to fall, vanished.

"How could you except me to live forever and not change? You said yourself, we all change, my dear, we all change." I spat like venom. I walked around him as if he was my victim, if he was going to treat me unfairly; I would treat him like the thing I hated most, human. "We could have been notorious together baby. We were once too sweet, now we will be bitter. Add a little salt; we could have been the best recipe, gained the respect of so many."

"And lost the respect of even more." He said as his annoyance oozed off him.

"What? Do you really think the king respects what we represent?" I whispered into his ear.

"Not since you started fucking him." He whirled around before I could stick the needle into his neck. He was always faster. He grabbed my hand, as both our fangs came out in an instinctive manner.

"It was better than our sex." I smiled as I had let the needle fall to the floor.

"I made you!" He spat as the pain came crashing down on me. I moved away, to get away from him. He was showing me the pain I caused. I looked out the window trying to focus on a happier time, a time when he was once like me.

"Then you should be happy with what I am right now."

"I'm not. You shouldn't be. Stop trying to make me into that monster. I will never be that creature again."

"Why did you change me then? You must have known this would have happened." I finally looked at him.

"I thought you would have been able to handle it, but I was wrong. Making you perfect, it was the biggest mistake of my existence." He picked up the needle from the floor and smashed it against the furthest wall. I laughed.

"First you tell me I'm not perfect, now I am. It seems to me you have not made up your mind." I held his eyes as I walked towards him. "You forget I know everything about you. There are no secrets, there never will be. You made certain of that when you made me. And through all your hate, I can still feel what would have been your heart beat faster whenever I look at you, the blood of many victims stirs within you for me. Because you see we are one, you cannot hate what you have fallen so deeply in love with. Why deny those feelings when you made me this way so you didn't, ever?" I said as I warped my arm around his neck and rested my head on his chest.

"You look like her but you are not her." He pushed me away with great force, smashing me against the wall, breaking the delicate stature of it. It hurt more emotionally then it would ever hurt physically. "And you see I only ever get glimpses of her whenever I hurt you. The only time you feel pain is when you let her break free for a second."

"You are wrong." I said regaining my composer.

"Am i?"

"She is not gone. She became stronger, she changed, and she is me!" I screamed letting my once unbroken self-crack a little.

"You are a child!"

"Am i? You know I'm 500 years old."

"A baby considering."

"You will change." I said smiling, as a make belief tear rolled down my face. I wanted to make him believe it was there.

"No I won't. Maybe one day you will but until then, I never want to see you again."

"Strong words coming from something that will live forever." He turned his back on me, and waved his hand as if this was finished. He never realized I brought more than one needle of garlic abstract.

"Go..." Were all he got out before the needle was in his neck and the garlic attacking his senses.

"What will you do without me?" I whispered.

"I'll find someone who doesn't remind me of you and start over." He whispered as he fell asleep. The garlic weakening him but not strong enough to kill.

*

"Oh my goodness! Oooooh baby.... Yes!" The blond screamed as he bite her neck. My thoughts came back into focus, as I listened for her heart beat.

It slowed down, and then dropped dramatically. He stopped right before it was gone. Just like always, never killed anyone. He let her drop to the bed as he wiped his mouth and sat on the end of the bed redressing. She was snoring peacefully, satisfied and happy. These nights, when I was human, were always the nights I had the most vivid dreams of happiness. The nights we made love and he helped me sleep.

"What are you doing here?" He stated as he pulled his shirt on and walked out of the room not caring to wait for my answer. I hesitated before coming out of the shadows, watching the beautiful woman before me sleeping. His words haunted me every day since he said them. I was replaceable to him. Not a one in a million as he had once told me. When I had gotten to the door, I scurried to find him. I was unlike myself lately; maybe it was the reason I had finally come here. Here to see him, not sure what I intended to say. But here all the more.

I found him in the living room, the décor much unlike his taste. Too modern and white. To simple. He was standing by the floor to ceiling window, holding a glass that my senses told me was o positive blood. 2 days old, not the same blood from the woman sleeping in the room. Maybe he hadn't of replaced me yet.

"You must remember I never ask twice." He said without turning to look at me.

"I... ah... I came to talk." I said stumbling over my words, fearing he would be upset for a useless answer.

"Then talk." His voice was still harsh, like knifes he sharpened just for me. I walked over to the window, but further away from him. I wanted to face him but not be close.

"I know you must hate me for what I did 100 years ago but I had a reason. There has always been a reason for what I do and you know that. You once said that was something you valued most about me." I said watching the city below us and his reflection in the window. His expression didn't change. "I was in a lot of trouble, and I needed you to leave me alone."

"I would have helped you." He finally spoke, softly.

"But that was the thing; I couldn't accept your help. Remember when you told me you would make me perfect?" I waited for him to answer but he didn't. "Well, see maybe you didn't know. Maybe that was part of the plan. But I had a mission... whatever I did I did it for you."

"Don't you ever say that?" He yelled at me throwing the glass. I stepped back, away from the knifes, the pain.

"Do you want me to continue to lie to you?" Silence. "I didn't understand what I was getting myself into. And what had once been a gift for you became a conspiracy."

"You shouldn't have gone out looking for the book, it was pointless and stupid."

"It wasn't... it isn't to me."

"You do not understand what you did do you? You ruined everything! Annabella we were about to accept the crown. We had everything ready to change the race of vampires and you ruined it all."

"I know." I said looking down at my hands. "I've made a lot of enemies because of it."

"And still," He said looking at me finally. "I don't think you understand. What you did killed hundreds of our kind."

"All I was doing was looking for a stupid book!" I yelled, finally the tears that had been waiting 100 years to fall, fell. They say a vampire can only cry once every 100 years, this was my time. "A book with the way on how to spend just one frigging day in the sun." I fell to the floor, tears running down my face. I expected him to walk over, to kiss me, and make it all better. But in that second I had forgotten the hatred he had for me.

"Get up you look like a child." He turned around and kicked the fallen glass out of his path. He walked back to the room as I heard Blondie wake up.

"Hello sweetheart." She said, I could hear the smile in her voice, and then I heard him kiss her.

"Hello sunshine." He responded.

"That is my name," I whispered. "You called me that."