Super Dating

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MTL17
MTL17
2,011 Followers

As the thought of disappointing Lena by cancelling, or worse just not showing up, seemed cowardly and unbearable Kara found herself landing on the balcony to Lena's office, albeit after an hour of flying around trying unsuccessfully to clear her head.

She was expecting to find Lena still working, as she often did at this early hour of the evening, but instead she was waiting in a long, elegant dress, which probably cost a fortune, and Kara was taken aback by just how beautiful her friend was. She had always known of course, but to see her standing there, waiting for her, waiting for their date to begin, it kind of took Kara's breath away.

"Supergirl." Lena beamed as the kryptonian landed.

"Ms Luthor." Kara greeted nervously.

"Please, I've told you before, call me Lena." Lena insisted, unable to resist a sly smile as she added, "Anything else at this point would be inappropriate."

Kara blushed slightly, "Lena it is."

"Excellent." Lena smiled, before nervously asking, "Did Kara tell you why I wanted to see you?"

Kara nodded, "Yeah."

"And you're here." Lena beamed happily, before pleading, "Please, step into my office."

Kara murmured a positive response of some kind, she honestly wasn't sure what, and then followed Lena into her office. Pretty much everything was the same, except there was a small table in front of Lena's desk with two chairs either side of it. On top there was a pot of coffee, two mugs, and a single red rose. The intention was crystal clear, and it caused Kara to smile.

Nevertheless after hitting a button which automatically close the door to her balcony Lena explained herself, which made Kara smile softly again. She couldn't remember ever seeing Lena Luthor nervous, and it was adorable. Only, if she actually thought about it, she could. Like every time they were together, that realisation almost causing her to miss what Lena said next.

"I'd love nothing more than to take you to the most expensive restaurant I can find and show you off, but I thought something a little more low-key would be better for a first date. Besides, most of our meetings have taken place in this office, so I thought it would be appropriate." Lena unnecessarily explained as she sat down in one of the chairs nervously and confessed, "You know, this was the fourth table and chair set they brought me. I still sent it away and saw about four more before deciding this was the best. I did the same thing with the mugs. And the flower. In fact I almost threw it away entirely before you arrived because I worried it was too much. I guess you could say I over think things. Which is good in business, but not so good outside of the office."

"Tell me about it." Kara smiled softly, and relaxed a little at finding some common ground, "I spent like all day today, and all day yesterday, trying to clear my head. Normally flying around or just talking to someone does the trick, but this time, not so much."

"I make Supergirl nervous?" Lena teased, "Good to know."

"It's... it's not... it's not all about you." Kara nervously admitted, crossing her arms.

"I know, I was just flattering myself." Lena smiled, then after a beat asked, "First date with a girl?"

"Yeah." Kara said softly, before confessing, "And first date as, you know, Supergirl."

"Really?" Lena asked, genuinely flattered. Then when the other girl nodded followed up with, "I imagine you get a lot of offers."

"Yeah." Kara admitted with a blush.

"Lucky me." Lena grinned, making the other girl blush even more, "What made you decide to break the habit."

"I don't know..." Kara mumbled nervously, which she instantly knew was wrong thing to say, and it wasn't even really true, so she quickly answered honestly, "I mean, you're special. You're smart, and funny, and beautiful, and... and, I feel like I know you. And that you wouldn't hurt me. And, you don't just like me for the symbol on my chest."

It was Lena's turn to blush, and after a painfully long second she looked away and mumbled, "Will you please sit down? You're making me nervous."

"Oh, right. I'm sorry! I mean... just, sorry." Kara mumbled nervously as she practically fell over herself to get in the chair.

There was a long and awkward pause and then Lena finally looked at her again and softly told her, "Just so you know, I wasn't fishing for compliments. At least not intentionally. I just, I really didn't think you were going to say yes, and I just wondered why."

Kara smiled softly and reached over to take her friend's hand, "Sometimes I worry that you don't think enough of yourself."

"I have good days, and I have bad days. Same as everybody." Lena said softly, "But... you think I'm special? You're a freaking God! A living, breathing goddess who saves the city, and this entire world, on a regular basis, and you still have time to talk to the likes of me. Even on my best day, I'm not you."

"You don't have to be." Kara said, "I'm not a God. I don't have all the answers. I'm just trying to be the best I can be. You are too, and I see that every day."

"Maybe." Lena said dismissively, before grinning wickedly, "But if I was Supergirl, I be using it to pick up girls all the time."

Kara blushed furiously, and then huffed, "I doubt that very much."

"Maybe, maybe not." Lena admitted with a shrug, "But most people would."

"Well, we're not most people." Kara smiled.

"On that we can definitely agree." Lena said, picking up a coffee mug. This prompted Supergirl to pickup hers and then they briefly pressed their mugs together before taking a sip, and then Lena added, "You know what the hardest thing about this is? It's that I have so many questions, but I don't want to sound like I'm trying to find your weaknesses, or your secret identity."

"What, what makes you think I have a secret identity?" Kara stammered unconvincingly.

Lena gave her a look, "Apart from the fact you were clearly not born yesterday, and the fact that you just confirmed it, you mean?"

"Did not." Kara replied childishly.

Resisting the urge to roll her eyes Lena sighed, "You just said this was your first date as Supergirl, implying you've had other dates."

"Oh yeah." Kara blushed slightly, "Darn it, I didn't mean to tell you that. Not that I mind you knowing, it's just that sometimes I say things I shouldn't when I'm nervous, but I talk so much people kind of zone out."

"Well, that will never be a problem with me. I can't imagine ever not being captivated by what you're saying." Lena smiled, taking another sip of her drink before adding, "Besides, you don't need to worry. I would never share any information like that."

Kara smiled, "I know."

"Besides..." Lena continued, taking another sip, "While I have so many questions, I already have some of the answers. But I want you to tell me, in your own time. When you're comfortable enough. When you trust me enough. You know?"

"Yeah." Kara said softly, "And I do trust you Lena. It's just that-"

"You don't have to explain." Lena said softly.

"I do!" Kara insisted, then sighing and taking a long sip of her drink as she tried to figure out what exactly to say. Ultimately she went with, "It's not because you're a Luther. It's not! It's, it's... I, I guess it's because this relationship, whatever it was before, whatever it is now, is new. Everyone else who knows has known for what feels like forever. Or they figured it out. Or they literally knew from the beginning. But this is new, and it's... mine. Just mine. And knowing wouldn't, doesn't make things easier. You, you probably wouldn't even like me anymore if you knew."

"Not possible." Lena said firmly, causing the other girl to blush. Then she apologised. "Sorry, this has been heavy for a first date. But I suppose it is only natural for a Luther and a Super."

"I suppose." Kara nodded.

"But then, that's the problem." Lena smiled, "I want to get to know you, but I don't want to ask anything truly telling. At least not yet. So we're left with the truly mundane questions, like what's your favourite song, or your favourite movie."

Kara smiled and nodded, and after another pause as both women took a sip of their drinks the superhero asked, "So, how about it? What's your favourite movie?"

"That's tough..." Lena admitted, taking a long pause before admitting, "Speeding bullet to my head? Aladdin."

Kara's face, and really whole-body, lit up, "You like Disney movies!"

Lena grinned, "Promise not to tell? It would ruin my image."

"I promise." Kara swore, before eagerly asking, "So why Aladdin?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Lena grinned, before becoming a little solemn, "I, I don't know what Kara told you, but I really am a Luthor. A bastard Luthor, but still a Luthor."

"I know." Kara said softly, then covering her tracks added, "I mean, she told me."

Lena nodded, "Well, for years I didn't know that. I was just some poor girl adopted into wealth out of some whim of Lionel Luthor. I had the best teachers money could buy of course, so I could act the part, but for most of my life I didn't feel like I truly belonged. I felt like I'd found my genie, made my wishes, and suddenly I had so much. Like Aladdin, I had a good heart, but I felt like I was living a lie. Like him, I had no idea what I was getting into, and was way over my head. Of course, no one thinks that, do they? They think the ending was so happy, because he has everything, but he has no idea what to do with it, and is grossly underqualified to be a ruler. He might do some good, like me, but for the rest of his life he has got to be thinking, God, I hope I don't screw up."

"Wow... I, I never thought of it that way before." Kara admitted softly.

"Plus I wanted to sweep Jasmine off her feet." Lena admitted after a brief pause, smiling wickedly as she couldn't resist from adding, "And show her a whole new world."

"Oh." Kara blushed, and then after another brief pause asked, "Do you still feel like you're living a lie? Now you know you're a Luthor, I mean."

"No. Not any more. Although that's not what triggered it." Lena admitted, and then answering the question she was sure was coming next, "It was finally accepting that I'd never be good enough, in my parents eyes. I'd never be Lex. So I set out on my own, if similar, path. Ironically it, and Lex's madness, led me here. The face of the company I was never supposed to inherit. And I don't feel like I'm living a lie, or don't know what I'm doing. And I certainly don't feel I have wished for this. I feel burdened with power, and just want to do something good with it."

There was another pause, and then trying to lighten the mood, or possibly just because she couldn't help it, Kara asked, "So, if you don't feel like Aladdin any more, who are you?"

Lena smiled softly, then admitted, "Elsa."

"OH MY GOD, YOU ARE SO ELSA!" Kara exclaimed loudly, then quickly added, "Sorry, I didn't mean to be so loud. It's just... you're so strong, with such a big heart, but it's fragile. And you're powerful, but you don't want to hurt anyone. And people hate you for no good reason. For who you are. Because they're afraid of what you might do. But that's just because they don't know you. They, they think you're a villain, but you're not. You're just misunderstood."

"Plus, now I have the perfect Anna." Lena added with another smile.

"What, me?" Kara frowned.

"No." Lena chuckled, "Kara."

"Oh." Kara said guiltily.

"I mean, she really is perfect in every way." Lena beamed, "Some would say not just for Anna, but in the name of staying on point, she's just so smiley and happy. She has so much love to give it's like it's physically painful for her if she doesn't freely give it to everyone around her. Sometimes when they don't deserve it. A lot of the time actually. She's also way too good for her love interest.

Kara frowned, "Kristoff?"

"Well yes, but I meant Hans." Lena said, and then when Kara gave her a look admitted, "Okay, perhaps that's a bit harsh. But while he's been nice enough on the brief occasions that I've seen him, there seems something... off about him. And the stories that Kara tells me about him aren't exactly flattering."

"No, he's... he's, complicated." Kara argued lamely.

"Look at me, talking about another woman on a date with you." Lena smiled, "I suppose you could say she bought us together, but still I apologise. Let's change the subject. Oh, I know, what's your favourite movie?"

Without hesitation Kara beamed, "The Little Mermaid."

"Oh, how funny..." Lena smiled, "That's Kara's favourite movie too."

"Yes, well..." Kara stuttered for a second, taken off-guard, "I'm sure that's a lot of people's favourite movie."

"I'm sure." Lena said dryly, before casually adding, "Kara said it was her favourite movie because, like Arial, she wanted to grow up and enter the adult world, and find herself her Prince. And she loved the songs. Is that true for you too?"

"Yes, but..." Kara began, then briefly hesitated before continuing, "Like Arial, I'm not exactly human. So becoming part of that world wasn't a given. It was something I had to work for. And, like you with Aladdin, I relate to her later in the story. Specifically the middle. She was suddenly trapped in a new world, terrified that everyone would find out the truth about her. And sometimes I feel I can't speak, because I'm afraid what I'm going to say. So I just speak too much and hope no one notices. And sometimes it feels like I'm... I'm just trying to keep my head above water."

"Well, if you can walk around on the street without people stopping you, you must be doing something right." Lena pointed out with a soft smile.

Kara nodded, and then after a pause asked, "Why didn't you tell Kara you like Disney movies?"

Lena smiled, "Because she talked about them with such enthusiasm I knew it would be the excuse she needed to insist on the movie night she's been trying to talk me into for the past few weeks. But I just can't. I mean, just the two of us, watching those movies. It would... it would be just too much."

"What do you mean?" Kara frowned, before suddenly turning her head with a jerk.

"Squirrel." Lena smiled.

"What?" Kara mumbled at her distractedly.

"You know, like the dog from UP?" Lena smiled.

Turning back to her date Kara laughed, "Did you just compare me to a dog?"

"A super cute Disney dog." Lena beamed.

"I'm still not sure that's a compliment." Kara smiled, before becoming solemn as she got up, "I-"

"Have to go? I know." Lena nodded sadly, "I'm surprised you haven't left already."

"It's a robbery in progress, and the police are already there." Kara exclaimed, "From the sounds of it I should have just enough time to say goodbye."

As she said that last part Kara slowly got up, and then suddenly found herself rooted to the spot. This was a date, right? And Kara knew how dates were supposed to end, but could she do it? After all, it wasn't just the scary fact that Lena was a girl which was holding her back, it was the fact she was still technically dating Mon-El.

She had told herself that just sitting down and talking didn't count, because she did that all the time, especially with Lena. Heck, they had friend dates all the time, so surely this was no big deal? But it was, and part of Kara really wanted to cross that line. The question was, was it bigger than the part of her which was afraid?

The entire time Lena stared at her with her eyes filled with hope and apprehension, which was heart-breaking enough. But then Kara slowly turned her head to listen to the progress with the robbery, biting her lip as she tried to calculate how much of a risk she was already taking by not immediately rushing over there, and then she turned back to see Lena looking sad, and Kara couldn't stand the sight of Lena looking sad.

Especially when she could do something about it. God, it was the main reason she was here. Or at least one of them.

So with a sigh Kara slowly moved round the table and leaned down so that her face was hovering over Lena's. She then froze again, kind of hoping that Lena would make the decision for her. She had practically given her an open invitation, but it seemed that Lena didn't quite trust it. Or maybe she just really wanted Supergirl to make the decision.

Either way it was ultimately left up to Kara, who lowered her gaze to Lena's lips for a few long seconds before looking back into those hopeful eyes. Those lips just looked so kissable, and she wanted to do it so, so badly, but ultimately she disappointed them both by leaning down to press her lips against Lena's cheek briefly before lifting back up to see the disappointment in the other woman's eyes.

"Goodbye." Kara said apologetically, before dashing through the room, out onto the balcony and away as fast as she could, accidentally knocking the table which symbolically caused the rose to fall down.

*

Lena just sat there for several long minutes, reliving every precious moment of her first date with Supergirl. Hopefully it would be the first of many, but hoping hadn't done Lena a lot of good lately. When she did finally move it was to pick up the rose which had been knocked down as the other woman retreated. She almost smiled at the symbolism of it.

She was sure it wasn't intentional, but that almost made it funnier. And sadder. After all, she was becoming very used to having a beautiful blonde unintentionally break her heart. But then again, while it had been a lot more serious and telling then she meant for it, and it hadn't ended quite the way she wanted, it was a good start.

While still playing with the rose with one hand she lifted her other hand to her cheek, closed her eyes, and relived finally having the blonde's lips touching her. God, she was so pathetic. If only her family could see her now. Actually, that thought bought her a little more joy than it should have, especially imagining how horrified her mother would be. How angry. How full of hate.

She could practically hear her voice in her head right now, asking her why she couldn't have found some human girl to disgrace their family with? Wasn't that enough for her? Did she really want to stoop this low? Never once understanding how that blonde woman could possibly be Lena's idea of perfection.

All of a sudden there was a familiar sound and Lena looked up to see Supergirl landing back down on her balcony and then marching back into her office. Which was always startling, but the blonde had only just left, and Lena knew about the existence of shape shifting aliens, most of which were White Martians and enemies of Supergirl.

That knowledge combined with the look in the other woman's eye and the way she was rushing right up to her was honestly frightening. Lena even opened her mouth slightly to ask what was wrong, or maybe just call out for Supergirl, but found herself unable to speak.

Luckily it turned out she needn't have worried, because the other woman simply tilted her chair back and gently but firmly kissed her. It was exactly what Lena had been hoping her good night kiss with Supergirl would be, and so much more. It was firm, but soft. Restrained, but passionate. Just the right amount of everything.

It was, like the woman herself, perfect. And when it ended the happy smile Supergirl gave her could have lit up the entire world, and Lena couldn't help but return it with one of her own as the superhero gently cupped her face with one hand and then slowly lowered her chair back down with the other.

"Goodbye." Supergirl said again with a soft smile, before turning and walking out of the office and then flying away, leaving Lena to sit in her chair for what felt like a few more hours and replay what had just happened.

*

Kara was beaming happily. She had never done anything so 'cool' in her entire life. It went against every instinct she had, because really she wanted to say a million things before and after the kiss, but for once in her life she had been able to hold back, and it was awesome. Definitely something she couldn't have done as Kara Danvers. No, this was a job for Supergirl!

MTL17
MTL17
2,011 Followers