Superheroines Bk. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Please Mr. Whiteman, give her room, she cannot help her effect on people, they love her and want to touch her.' Barry could understand this; he wanted nothing more than to join his people on the floor in adoration of this celestial being. 'Go sit on top of the church for a while please,' ordered Mary to Angel. With a graceful sweep of her wings Angel sprang aloft, and flew out of the door and up into the air above the imposing church.

It was complete with a steeple and viewing platform, she landed on this platform and enjoyed the view while her mother sorted out things below. Mary knew she had them in the palm of her hand, and made the best possible deal for her daughter. While they were here in California; all their expenses would be paid by the church, on top of the appearance fees.

Mary also had a clause put into the Contract that gave her an additional fee for every new member of the congregation that joined after Angel started work. She had a plan to ensure that this would happen. Angel was well aware of this plan, and commenced to put it into operation.

The wind was blowing towards the centre of the town and she stood facing it and called forth her strongest cloud of pheromones. Her wings were hardly needed, as the cloud drifted away towards the busy streets of the town.

She knew that it would lose a lot of its potency due to being out in the open, but enough should remain to cause a reaction later. The big event was scheduled for that evening, the television networks were to be there, and the national news would be covering this first televised appearance of the Super human, Angel.

The moment came, and as usual the curtains concealing the altar of the church were pulled back to reveal the Rev. Whiteman in all his glory. He spent the first part of the service as usual, giving his sermon for the evening and exhorting the Faithful to increase their efforts. Angel was standing at the back of the vast auditorium, up where there was a balcony reserved for the very privileged to watch the service from. On either side of her balcony were others, where the television crews had set up their cameras.

She had nearly perfected her powers and had been told by her mother to just give out enough pheromones to induce a strong positive feeling in the congregation. Barry was whipping up his flock into a religious orgasm, as he stalked back and forth across the stage calling upon the Lord to give them a sign that their Church was true and on the right path to salvation. 'Give me a sign Lord, Give me a Sign,' he screamed into the air looking up towards heaven.

This was Angel's cue, and drawing aside the curtains that had hidden her up until then, she leapt off the balcony. She contented herself to simply glide around the vast hall until she was sure that the entire congregation had noticed her. As she fly over them she was releasing her pheromones that settled down over the upturned faces.

Screams of ecstasy were issuing from the congregation, and hands and arms were outstretched towards her as she glided silently above them. The entire congregation already primed and in a state of near rapture, suddenly felt a sense of Love pouring into their souls. Knowing that her power was well spread she landed gracefully in front of Barry who without conscious volition sank to his knees.

'I heard your call, I am here to help you,' Angel said her voice transmitted through the microphones embedded in the stage. The crowd went wild, and as one they stormed the stage to touch this wondrous being. Like all shows this one had Security, Barry had a cadre of men and women who were dressed in white robes and were referred to as shepherds.

It was their job to control the crowds when Barry had whipped them up into a religious frenzy. They were now pressed hard, as men and women surged forward to try and get to Angel. Angel became suddenly afraid of what was going on here, she had witnessed rock concerts where fans had surged forward and people had been trampled in the crush. Barry seemed out of it, so she did something that she would never normally have done.

'BE STILL, GET ON YOUR KNEES,' she ordered the wild crowd advancing upon her. Her imperious voice was amplified by the sound system, and to her relief and surprise the crowd dropped to their knees as one, and stayed there looking up at her.

She knew she had to do something to keep their attention, so from the back of her mind she remembered a school hymn and began to sing it to them. It was a child's hymn, " All things bright and beautiful " and it was the only hymn she knew. The people knelt entranced as her clear voice washed over them, and they swayed as their voices joined with hers in singing the song.

This gave Barry time to come to his senses and he stood up and waited until the song had finished, before taking charge of his flock. They were now content to resume their seats and listen to him. He was shaken to his core, he hadn't realised the effect that Angel would have. He was now using his own powers of oratory to calm his people and explain that the Lord had sent them Angel to help them help others. By this time Angels pheromones had worn off, and they were happy to listen to him.

Barry was just congratulating himself on salvaging the situation when one of his Shepherds ran up to him and whispered in his ear. He told his flock to sing a long hymn in praise of the Lord, and went to the side of the stage to look at the monitors situated there. Like all modern buildings in California there were security cameras scanning the outside perimeter.

He was stunned to see crowds of people walking up from the town towards his church. They were silent but determined, and there was no way that this crowd could fit into his church. At a quick estimate there must have been ten thousand outside.

'I believe they have come to see Angel,' whispered Mary into his ear. 'It might be best if she went out to greet them,' she suggested. Barry was overwhelmed, he gratefully gave control to Mary and stood back as she organised things.

Barry had a welcome speech that he always made to new members of his followers, and he gave a copy of this to Angel. Mary told her to wear a remote microphone, and fly out of the church to a small hill in the gardens and address the crowd from there. The external speakers on the church; would ensure her words were heard by all.

She was beginning to enjoy this and flew over to the hill, she made sure that the people saw her and they surrounded the hill where she stood waiting for them. This time she didn't use her power and simply raised her arms and waited for the crowd to quieten. When she lowered her arms they all sat on the grass, and waited for her to speak.

She had their attention, and read out the welcoming speech in her clear calm voice. At the end of the speech, she spread her wings and flew off into the night. She had arranged to meet her mother at the private house that the church kept for visiting dignitaries. Mary was waiting for her and hugged her warmly, ' Well done Angela, that was almost perfect, and I think we will be very rich, very soon,' she whispered into her daughter's ear.

Angela was starving, and the rest of the evening was spent eating and talking about the day. Mary was talking about the money and advertising revenue, and Angela was listening and nodding in the right places. She was thinking about something completely different.

Power, sheer power, that came from controlling masses of people. She knew that they would have obeyed her regardless of what she ordered. Compared to that, mere money seemed insignificant. While her mother was droning on, Angela was considering what it would be like to be a Goddess.

To be Continued.