Superman And His Saviour Ch. 01

Story Info
Sondra is saved by the man of steel himself.
1.8k words
4.07
22.5k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Wandering home, her head in daydreams as usual, Sondra moved along oblivious to anything around her as she made her way down the quiet street after work. Normally she would have gone with one of her colleagues but that night they had been driving the opposite way and she hadn't wanted to be a bother, popping her MP3 player on and slipping the earphones in she had marched off without a care, even as the evening had darkened around her.

The town she called home had once been a relatively safe place for a young woman to wander, the last few years however had changed that and although she was aware of the fact in principle, the idiom of 'It'll never happen to me' was unconsciously burned into many of the local peoples minds, including Sondra's. The man of steel had been gone for close to five years and it seemed he had left them forever, certainly the local criminals believed so as they almost exclusively ran the little town now. Even so, Sondra walked down the street apparently without a care.

Shadows began to draw longer beneath the evenly spaced streetlights and bats now darted around haphazardly scooping at the little flying insects over the water of the river just off the street. Quiet, almost silent in fact. Most sensible residents of the town, though sure they would not be the ones harmed, would never tempt fate the way Sondra was as she stopped for a moment to play with the little gadget to change songs. Her shoulder length chocolate brown hair swinging around her slender frame as she did so, her normally inquisitive green eyes now unaware of anything save choosing a theme to wander home to, she had no idea of exactly how stupid her actions were.

Moments, that's all it took for her walk to change into a nighmare. Suddenly other shadows joined hers on the pathway before her, faces loomed closer and before she could consider running she found herself within a circle of young men, all smiling and none of them kindly. "Mhmm, well now. Aren't you the silly one to be wandering about out here at this time of night then? What have you got that might convince us to let you past sweetie?" All of them had at least 6 inches in height over her, all wore black and this followed through to their heavy steel toe capped boots. They circled in closer.

Feeling the wall that banked the river against her back, Sondra attempted to think her way through what was happening, no escape routes filled her mind, only overwhelming fear as she saw from their eyes that they had no intentions of letting her flee, it was merely a way to draw out her terror. They would play with her like a cat with a mouse, nevertheless she offered her handbag out to them with trembling hands and when an over enthusiastic member of the crude gang yanked it and pulled sharply she fell forward to her knees on the cold slab of pavement, another had made a grab for her at the same time, catching her blouse and, as she fell, tearing it from her shoulder to her wrist. Her hands thankfully took most of the impact, her knees still taking a bruising that left her with unshed tears glistening from the lights of the lamps lining the street, her torn clothing somehow bringing shame to burn red on her cheeks.

Her foolishness at not calling a cab flooded her senses, mingling with the pain of her fall and the fear that had already rushed her brain. From her position on the ground she knew she would not see morning, her hope fled and she lifted her chin in a tiny show of defiance, her voice trembling yet clear in the cold, silent air of the evening. "I don't think you're murderers, not yet anyway, so why don't you all just take my things and get out of here. I'll forget I saw your faces, but I swear if you touch me I'll go straight to the police!"

For a moment she was certain she saw amusement on their faces and she felt her head droop as she knew her desperate gamble in fact had nailed her coffin shut. As she prepared to fight whatever was coming she suddenly saw them running away, her eyes lifted from the gutter and watched in astonishment as they literally seemed to be running for their lives. Seconds passed as she first tried to make sense of what had happened and then simply allowed the tears to come, she curled her knees round and up close to her stomach as she wrapped her arms around them and pulled them tightly against her body, then she could do nothing but let the tears flow as she began to cry the pain and the fear away.

It was at that moment a featherlight touch to her arm and a polite yet masculine voice almost sent her reeling back into terror, she tried to get up to run, fright now igniting a wave of madness within her. Before she could topple into the swiftly flowing river she found herself entrapped in an unbreakable embrace, never hurting her but neither willing to let her go. She fought uselessly for a little while, before the helplessness of her earlier encounter returned and she almost slumped against her new perceived antagonist. Her eyes closing tightly as she whispered a sigh of surrender and wilted in his arms.

"I said, 'Are you okay Miss?' I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. I'll even let you go if you swear you won't back yourself into the river this time." The voice had that same rich and gentle timbre of before, this time it filtered into her brain and she looked up, the blue eyes and genuine smile that looked down at her quite took her breath away.

Then, with a sudden realization she glanced down at the torso in front of her eyes, sure enough, the red S on the yellow shield met her gaze and she almost fainted as the identity of whom she was speaking to finally hit her. "Superman, but, but I don't understand. You came back?"

"I did yes, now what say we get you home. Is it far, can you walk?" His simple answer and quick subject change spoke of his reluctance to say more to her question and she clearly got that message though couldn't help the peak in her curiosity and the desire to know more.

As Sondra indicated the street behind her and whispered "About twenty minutes walk that way. I'll be fine now, thank you for scaring them off, at least that part makes sense now. I knew I hadn't scared them." A smile tugged at the corners of his lips again and he released her from his grip to allow her to stand alone, his arms folding across his chest as he watched her wobble slightly but maintain her footing. "I'll be ok, honest I will, I'm so very grateful to you and I don't want to hold you up any longer than I already have."

He glanced up and down her legs a moment, his gaze taking on a far away cast as he did so, then without another word he scooped her up in his arms. His warm, muscled frame pressing against her when she was still so very vulnerable from her attack left Sondra unable to contain the little shiver of desire her body gave at the connection. His suit left very little seperating their flesh and she closed her eyes and bit her lip to bring her senses back under control, "What are you doing? Please, I'll be fine I promise." A soft chuckle left his bow shaped lips and before she knew it they were moving, not far from the ground but definitely flying and Sondra snapped her eyes shut to deny what her mind knew.

"You're not that fine actually, the fear kept you on your feet before and then a little adrenaline I believe. You have sprained your right ankle and I think you have badly bruised both your knees, you would have taken far too long to get yourself home and I'm not needed urgently so we'll just agree to do things my way, alright?"

Again the voice that caressed her mind made her thoughts a little fuzzy, but this time she at least managed a, "Thank you, I'm grateful for the er, lift." Unthinking, her fingers tightened around his muscular arms where she was clinging on and yet he made no sound of discomfort to alert her to either.

They weren't moving all that fast and the wonderful warmth and strength of his body lulled her senses even further. She clearly heard him ask her address, and she believed she had managed to reply correctly just before darkness drifted in and she fell asleep in his arms as he carried her home.

The softness of her mattress woke her from a pleasant dreamless sleep and she opened her eyes to peer up into the crystal clear blue gaze of Superman. Blinking herself awake, Sondra attempted then to get out of bed again, protesting "Oh no, you've been so good to me, let me get you... um, how did we get in here?" Again, the rumbling chuckle of genuine amusement that he gave caught her by surprise but brought a smile to her lips. "Silly question perhaps, sorry."

Shaking his head and with one hand resting gently on her shoulder pushing her back onto her bed as he answered, "Not really silly, your key was in your handbag which one of them threw my way before he ran. I guess he didn't want me chasing him for it later. As for how did you get where you are right this moment, I put you there as you fell asleep on the journey home, you had a very eventful evening so I thought it best just to let you rest. I would have locked up for you before I left, now try and sleep Sondra."

The way he said her name brought the smile even wider, unable to prevent her bashful reaction, "Not that I mind but I take it you got my name from my purse as well." A nod answered that question, and he began to turn to leave, "Sleep well, I hope you take better care of yourself in future."

"If you're still not needed elsewhere right now, would you like to stay for a little while?" her shy smile was completely real, even in her own mind Sondra couldn't believe she was asking the worlds hero that particular question.

Nevertheless she waited quietly for his polite rejection, when he turned back towards her after closing the door she blinked in complete surprise. "I'm not being called, is there something else you need?"

His question had far too many possible answers and Sondra could only nod in reply as she wet her suddenly dry lips and concentrated on trying to steady her rapidly speeding pulse. How to reply without narrowing those possibilities? A deep breath and she plunged ahead.