Surrender Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ada Stuart
Ada Stuart
3,228 Followers

"Thanks to the sensors," Morgan said glumly. Not feeling the need to celebrate.

"Scary little things," Connor admitted. "I've never going to sneak behind the bushes with Teri now that I know about them."

Morgan laughed at his friend's light tone. He knew he was doing it on purpose to lighten his mood.

"And here I always thought that a governor should set the scene for the rest of the people?" Morgan asked innocently.

"It's a good scene: Make love, not war, remember?"

Morgan knew what was coming and tried to escape before his friend managed to ask. Connor grasped his arm to keep him there.

"What are you doing to do about your mate?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"She's not my mate anymore. I renounce her," Morgan replied in a hard voice.

"You…what…? But you can't," Connor blurted out.

"Yes, I can. Why don't you do me a favour and prepare the necessary papers so I can sign them."

"But… Won't you at least think about it?" Connor blurted out a little higher now. A few of the men closest to them turned to see what all the fuss was about.

"Trust me, I have," Morgan said so low only his friend could hear him.

"You will regret it," Connor said more quietly than the shout he had just uttered.

"I doubt it."

Connor's only reply was to gape at him.

***

"But there has to be something we can do?" Connor exclaimed loudly to Master Kane. They were sitting in Connor's office and discussing the resent events, and particularly Morgan's wish to renounce his mate. "He simply can't go on like this. He can't."

"So, you haven't been able to persuade him to change his resolve then?" Master Kane asked calmly, acting as if they weren't discussing anything more serious than the last planetary forecast.

"No, he's been quite stubborn about it. Only sits and drinks while staring into the air. I get depressed just by looking at him."

"Broken heart, then."

"What?"

"The young man is probably suffering from a broken heart by the sound of it. Nothing serious."

"No?"

"He reminds me of you, in fact," Master Kane continued.

"Is that so?" Connor said icily. "Well, I never decided to renounce my own mate."

"No, you just sent her away." He lifted his hand as Connor opened his mouth. "It's just the same. A broken heart, as I said."

"Right," Connor said grumpily. He hated it when the older man could see right through him. He shook the feeling away. However, this was not the time for him to nurse his own feelings. Morgan was much more important now. "So what do we do? What can we do?"


"First of all, we'll forget about those renunciation papers. They won't be needed."

"Okay, I've forgotten them. I can always tell Morgan it's taking time to arrange the paperwork."

"You do that," Master Kane agreed. "Secondly, I think it's time to start negotiations with the rebels."

"Negotiations? What for? We have the whole lot in our prison. They won't bother us anymore."

"Yes, they will. They represent the people and know what the people are unhappy about. Things that your advisors will try to hide from you."

"What? But we have started reforms already. I thought we were going in the right direction?"

"I agree. You've made some very wise decisions since you took over from the former governor. But the rebels have increased in numbers lately, and who knows if there aren't others out there ready to take over even though we have jailed their leader."

"Ah, so we'll ask them to join us instead of work against us? Sounds like you're more of a politician than I am," Connor agreed.

"The governor needs to be more of a politician than a military."

"I'll bear that in mind," Connor smiled. "This Jack Kelley seems to be a smart man. I just hope he's as smart as we think he is."

"I'm sure he will be," Master Kane replied. "If he wants to find a useful solution for his sister, he will be."

Ada Stuart
Ada Stuart
3,228 Followers
12