Swan's Song: The Birdcage Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The other girls in the room noticed the gathering and came over—Swan thought—to say hello. However, when they approached her, one of them said, "Is this her? This is the new Bird?" Her tone was not welcoming. "Well, what name did they give you?"

"Swan," she answered in a very small voice.

Cardy, either oblivious to the tension or not caring, gushed, "Oh, I should have known with all the white!" She pulled Swan away from the group to sit down. Cardy muttered under her breath, "Don't pay any attention to Pea. She's kind of the Master's favorite. Well, at least she used to be," and she snickered to herself.

Jay and Min sat with them. "Oh, you probably haven't even met everyone else yet," Min noticed. "You met Ory before—she's in the salon right now—and you, unfortunately, met Peacock when you came in. Everyone calls her Pea..."

Cardy cut her off and whispered, "We call her Cock."

Min rolled her eyes, "Pea hangs out mostly with Raven. The other gals don't seem to mind Pea and Raven much, but they more hang out together. There's Starling, or Star, and Robin and Macaw, but don't call her Macaw unless you want a black eye. She's kind of... athletic, so we call her Mac."

Cardy yawned, "Ok, now she knows everyone. Can we get to bed yet?" And to Swan, "Tomorrow is a gathering!"

Swan needed to know, "What are your gatherings like?"

Min answered, and Swan could hear the pride in her voice, "Master Tristan and Master Sean's gatherings are known as the best gatherings, better than anyone else's. They have business partners fly in from all around the world just for their gatherings. I've heard some of their partners talk about how they sought out our Master's business just so they could get invited to the gatherings."

Cardy jumped in, "And some of their partners are quite nice!" She grinned mischievously.

"I don't think Swan will have any problem finding someone to treat her nicely for the evening," Jay said sarcastically. "You're going to be a hit. Just remember, there are rules—the staff will run through them with you tomorrow—and Master Tristan and Master Sean expect their guests to stick to the rules. They've thrown out important business partners from a gathering for not following the rules."

"Ok!" Cardy practically shouted, "She knows about the gatherings now. Can we get to bed? I need my beauty sleep!"

12