Sympathy for the Devil

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MSTarot
MSTarot
3,119 Followers

In my arms she was as light as a feather on the scales of Osiris. And even as I wanted to cling to this new goddess I knew, to my sadness, that I must feel as heavy as pig iron to her. My tired, evil old soul would not survive the test of the Feather of Maat.

When I broke the kiss she gazed up at me still with that same curious expression. "That was good, too."

More incorruptible innocence? Feeling as if the whole of creation was suddenly upon my back and shoulders I fled the bar, the bit of humanity I had sought out to have a night of pleasure in, no longer a haven. I fled onto the dark city streets; I fled into the smoke, and the filth and the putrid detritus of the human animal. I wanted to rage. I wanted to scream at the unfairness of the world.

I wanted to tear the world apart!

And I could do it. I still had it in me. There were still enough sad fools clinging to the old ways to give me the power to end all of this, but I knew. I knew that no matter how much I took into my heart in the form of the dragon I was given to play, no matter how many horrors, plagues, terrors, and famines I unleashed, fulfilling my prophesied fate, nothing I did would make the young goddess go away.

Or keep me from being forgotten in time.

When I felt her hand upon my back, those fingernails with the circuit board patterns against my skin, I knew it was useless. And when I turned to look into those silver eyes, I had to weep at the virtuous beauty of her ... and pined my loss. Technology, so sweet and simple a goddess, had won before I even knew there was going to be a battle. Already her followers outnumbered the Heavenly hosts and the minions of Hell together. Yes, I pined my loss–but in truth–

"How lovely."

(I would like to thank Tx Tall Tales for his work editing this story and for his suggestions. Thanks TTT. As always any mistakes are all on me.)

MSTarot
MSTarot
3,119 Followers
12