Tabitha Ch. 10

Story Info
Tabitha in England.
3k words
4.64
29.7k
18

Part 10 of the 13 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 03/21/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LaLaLady
LaLaLady
859 Followers

My apologies for the long hiatus, I never abandon my characters before their story is finished...they won't let me. Thanks for reading. DW

*

Tabitha pulled the gold-tasseled cord that opened the blue velvet curtains. Light flooded into her room, over the antique armoire, the Persian rugs, and the four-poster canopy bed. Her room faced the front of the estate so she could take a moment to appreciate the perfectly manicured lawn. There were topiaries shaped as dolphins in mid-jump, meticulously landscaped trees, flowers along cobbled walk paths.

Tabitha had known that the Solomon estate outside Birmingham was impressive—Rick was from old money after all—but this sprawling, picture --perfect mansion was more than she'd ever expected. The house itself was over thirty thousand square feet. The family only used part of the home; the rest of it was used for guided tours.

At first, Tabitha didn't understand how Rick and Dion could raise curious kids in a house that was half untouchable, but the kids didn't miss the other parts of the house since they never even saw it. The older ones knew the curator by name and they understood that the part of the house that was for show generated income. It was as if that part of the house didn't exist.

Tabitha had taken the tour out of curiosity. The rooms were incredible—her favorite was the ballroom with ornately carved moldings, six crystal chandeliers, heavy oak floors, and a domed ceiling. The eight foot tall portraits were enough to keep her attention for hours.

Tabitha dressed and made her way downstairs for breakfast. The kitchen was one of three; the one included in the tour was twice as big and the one in the guest quarters was half the size.

"Good morning!" Dion said kissing her cheek.

"I'm going to need you to have someone include coffee on the breakfast menu."

Dion shook her head. "It's tea or nothing."

"Fine, then I want an extra big cup."

"We'll pour yours into a soup bowl with then, you can drink it with a straw."

"Sounds good."

"We have another guest," Dion sang.

"Really?" said Tabitha trying to sound interested.

"Yes. Vick."

"Rick's brother...the soccer player?" Now Tabitha was slightly less interested.

Dion nodded.

"What's he doing here?"

"He has a game next week in Germany and he's stopped here for a visit. He likes the quiet."

"Good for him," sighed Tabitha.

"I think you'll like him." Dion's smile made what she was thinking obvious.

"No!" screeched Tabitha.

"What?" Dion's eyes went wide.

"You are not setting me up with your brother in law!"

"Why not? When you got here last week you said you'd broken things off with Wes. Why wouldn't you want to spend some time with a wealthy, handsome, funny man?"

"Handsome?" Tabitha repeated.

"Drop-dead," said Dion.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to get to know Rick's brother. He'd only be there a week...nothing too serious could happen in a week and she could use something or someone to distract her from all those thoughts about Wes.

As if cued, a tall, broad-shouldered, blonde man walked into the kitchen.

"G'mornin' sis!" he said pulling Dion to him with one arm. He planted a kiss on the top of her head and put a hand on her baby bump. "How's my nephew?"

"He's heavy," Dion grumbled.

"Good thing he has such a strong mum to carry him around. You must be Tabitha!"

Before she could confirm or deny, Vick pulled her into a hug and Tabitha was marveling at the warm, hardness against her cheek.

"It's nice to meet you, Vick."

"You're more beautiful than your photos!" he said with a brilliant smile.

"Thanks," said Tabitha making her way out of his grasp.

"Why don't you take Tabitha shopping at the Bullring? She's been dying to go out but I'm afraid to be too far from home for very long in my condition."

Tabitha rolled her eyes. Dion was subtle like a Mack truck.

***

"I'll be honest, when my big brother told me he was in love with an American woman he'd met in a bar, I was concerned." Dion had left the kitchen and Vick was watching Tabitha sweeten her tea.

Tabitha bristled. "Would it be better if he'd married some heiress with a drug habit and a trust fund?"

"Easy," Vick said holding up both hands. "All I meant was that I was completely mistaken. Dion is beautiful and smart and she's the kind of mum I'd imagined having."

"Dion is amazing," Tabitha agreed, "but I've only heard good things about your mother."

Vick nodded. "My mum is a wonderful woman, but Dion is warm and patient. She's a lot more hands-on. I spent most of my time with the nanny. Dion's nanny is more support staff than alternative parent."

Tabitha sipped her tea.

"So," Vick said after a beat of silence. "What time will you want to leave?"

Tabitha grabbed a chocolate muffin and smiled. "How about eleven?"

"Right then, I'll just get ready. We'll take the Bentley."

Tabitha sighed after he walked out of the kitchen. She pulled a chunk out of her muffin and stuffed it into her mouth. It was going to be a long day.

***

They'd been walking around the massive mall for almost and hour. Dion wasn't exaggerating when she said Vick Solomon was drop-dead handsome. He was easily 6'6", with wide shoulders and blonde hair that fell in his eyes. His nose was slightly crooked, but his smile was wide and warm. Unfortunately, Tabitha didn't exactly feel comfortable shopping with him. She'd only gotten a pair of shoes for herself and a dozen outfits for the baby that would be arriving any day now. Dion's doctor insisted she'd go early. It was nice having Vick to talk to but she couldn't stop thinking of how much more fun it would be with Wes. Vick wrinkled his nose when she suggested they go into the Krispy Kreme donut shop and get a dozen hot plain glazed.

"I'm in training," he said, "best not gorge myself on fried dough and sugar."

Tabitha knew Wes would have split the dozen with her without missing a beat. She shrugged it off and agreed that a sandwich would be a better choice.

"Will you be much longer?" Vick asked when they were standing on line to order a sandwich from a vendor outside. "The limousine is set to pick us up on New Street in less than an hour."

"I want to go to the flea market end," said Tabitha.

"Why?" Vick asked.

Tabitha smiled. How could Vick understand that she was more comfortable in a flea market than in the upscale shopping arena they'd just left? It was like a giant yard sale, with no snooty sales clerks watching her down their noses. Sure she could afford whatever she wanted these days, but walking through rows of multipacks of socks and knock off purses, was comfortable. "I just want to check it out."

Vick shrugged, paid for their meals and led her to a lounge chair that faced the most incredible view she'd ever experienced. They sat together facing the steeple of Saint Martin's Church, a marvelous piece of architecture. She gazed at it as they ate. "It's beautiful here."

Vick didn't answer. He just grunted and chewed slowly. "Would you like me to take a photo of you?"

"I didn't bring my camera," sighed Tabitha.

"We'll come back another time, then."

Vick was already done; he waited patiently for her to finish before disposing of their garbage. With an extended hand, he helped her to her feet and they continued to the not-so-upscale retail area.

***

A few days later, Dion had the baby; an impossibly tiny café-au-lait colored boy with wide blue eyes, his father's nose and his mother's full mouth. Tabitha cried and held her sister's hand through labor—completely unable to speak. Thankfully, her seasoned brother-in-law held his wife's other hand whispering encouragements. Rick told her she was beautiful, and how happy she was making him by giving him another child, and how lucky he was to have her, and over and over he told her he loved her. That was what made Tabitha cry, Dion didn't seem to be suffering but Rick's words twisted Tabitha's heart into knots. She'd never seen a man let himself be open to a woman like that. Her brother-in-law was so ideal and her sister was so lucky.

When the nurse put the bundled baby in Rick's arms, he turned to Dion and said, "Thank you, my love."

Tabitha stared at the picture they made, parents with their new, squirmy child so in love with each other and their baby. Her tears streamed faster.

"Oh, honey," Dion said when Tabitha hiccupped. "Are you okay?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? You just made a person!"

Dion smiled. "I know. You're not scarred now are you? Did bearing witness to your nephew's birth put you off motherhood forever?"

Tabitha shook her head. "It put me off my lunch, maybe, but I'll be okay."

"Good," whispered Dion as she kissed her sister's cheek. "I want to be an aunt to a child of yours."

Tabitha laughed. "Your kids will probably be out of University by the time I find a man and make a family."

Dion just smiled and turned back to her husband and baby.

Tabitha left the room, making her way through the doctors and nurses still buzzing around. Once in the hall she took a deep breath and pulled her phone from her pocket. She automatically dialed, not even thinking. She listened to the answering machine message and words rushed out before she could sensor herself. "Hi, Wes its Tabitha. I was just calling to let you know Dion had the baby and everybody is fine. It was crazy and messy and the most amazing thing ever! Okay, well, I'm going to go now. Bye!"

She hung up and sank into a hard plastic chair. That was the third message she'd left for Wes, she missed hearing his voice.

***

Four days later, Tabitha woke up from her nap to Dion shaking her. "Get up!"

"No," Tabitha growled still in a sleep-haze.

"There's someone here to see you! Get your black ass up!"

Tabitha peeled her eyes opened. Dion came into focus, one hand was still on Tabitha's shoulder and Ash was secure in the other arm. "Don't be ridiculous, Dee."

"I'm serious, there is someone waiting downstairs for you. Get up, get dressed, and don't be long." Dion started for the door.

"Who is it?" asked Tabitha moving to sit up.

"Just hurry up," her sister said before leaving the room and shutting the door behind her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Tabitha asked when she got downstairs and into the parlor...where guests were received, Dion had told her before.

"I was in the neighborhood..." Wes said with a shrug. He was standing in front of the fireplace, fingering a photo frame on the mantle.

Her sister snorted from her seat on a plush couch and Tabitha fixed her with a glare. This was so not funny.

"Seriously, Tabby, why didn't you tell me you were dating Wesley? I wasn't expecting him. Had I known, I would have had the help open a separate wing for the both of you. I don't know how comfortable you two will be in the small guest room you're in right now."

Tabitha sighed. "The baby looks hungry."

Dion shook her head. "He just finished nursing. He'll be asleep for hours."

"Well, stick those massive boobs in your own mouth, then. I don't need any comments from the peanut gallery."

"Ha!" Dion huffed standing up. "I am so not the peanut gallery, I can afford front row seats, bitch."

"If you weren't my sister, I would end you right about now."

Dion chuckled. "I think I hear my daughter waking from her nap. It was so nice to meet you Wesley."

He shook her free hand. "You too. I've heard a lot about you...nice to meet the legend in person."

Dion smiled and winked at Tabitha. "I like him," she said simply before turning on her heel and walking out of the room.

"You can't tell by looking at her that she just had a baby. Jazzy was puffy and miserable after she had her son. Your sister looks so...rested."

Tabitha smiled. "She's good at the baby thing, plus she's got a night nurse that brings him to her when he wakes up in the middle of the night and takes him back to the crib after she's nursed."

"That's quite a setup."

"So," Tabitha said, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"What's the baby's name?" he asked, clearly avoiding the question.

"His name is Ash, well, Ashford DeMarcus Solomon, but we're going with Ash for short."

"That's a great name."

"I know, now can you please tell me what the hell you are doing here?" Tabitha crossed her arms and glared at him.

"When you left...I...uh...I forgot to tell you something."

Tabitha frowned. "You flew here to tell me something?"

His cheeks colored.

Tabitha watched him as they stood in silence. Finally she uncrossed her arms and smiled. "Well, are you going to tell me?"

Wes chuckled. "Yes, I had to tell you... I love you."

Tabitha's eyes went round. "You do?"

"Yes, I really do and I couldn't function thinking that you were over here, under the impression that I was okay with us just being friends because I'm not okay with that. I was going to wait for you to get back home, but then I saw this." Wes pulled a folded paper from the back pocket of his jeans and handed it to her.

Tabitha yawned as she opened the wrinkled mess. "What's this? Did you take a compatibility quiz or something?"

Page fifteen," Wes offered.

Tabitha flipped to page fifteen in what was actually some supermarket rag. There, in living color, was a quarter-page photo of Vick and her during the trip to the Bullring Shopping Centre. Tabitha gasped. "You've got to be kidding me!"

The caption read: The mystery woman recently seen with Lord and Lady Solomon was been spotted recently canoodling with Lord Solomon's younger brother Vick, a well-known soccer player, during a shopping trip in Birmingham, UK, the woman is obviously smitten and laden with bags from upscale infant clothier Small Steps, we'll keep an eye out for a baby bump!

"Who are these people?" Tabitha muttered. "Is canoodling even a word?"

"I don't know," Wes said with a dismissive shrug. "So were you really on a date with this guy?"

"No!" Tabitha said loudly, "Of course not! I was just buying some stuff for Ash and he was...I don't know...escorting me, I guess. I was shopping! Since when is a person shopping worthy of a tabloid photo?"

"Since you go shopping with a famous athlete and blueblood!" Wes snapped.

Tabitha looked up from the paper and frowned. "Did you fly over here because you thought I was seeing Vick?"

Wes set his jaw but dropped his gaze to the carpet.

"Did you fly thousands of miles to give me the silent treatment over some imaginary date? Wesley Roberts! Answer me!"

He huffed a sigh which made his black hair flutter around his face. "Wait a minute...how did you find me? It's not like my sister's in the phone book! What's going on?"

Wes took a deep, slow breath which seemed to piss Tabitha off even more.

"Why don't you sit in here and figure out your story while I go find something to eat?" She almost stomped out of the room, but he followed her on much lighter feet and stopped her in the foyer.

"Wait, Tabby."

She softened when he called her that. "Are you going to explain showing up here out of nowhere to tell me you love me and then wave some horrible picture in my face?"

"I was jealous," Wes admitted. "I mean, look at this guy. Jazzy showed me this picture and all I could think was how perfect he is for you. He's got family wealth and his own money. He's an athlete, he's famous, he's successful...he's everything that I'm not. The thought of him here with you...with his brother and your sister to vouch for him...it was making me insane. So I flew over here and met with Logan. He knows some people who know some people who can get into some tax records."

Tabitha didn't know if she wanted to laugh or hit him. "You could have just answered your phone, dumbass. I would have told you everything...I wanted to tell you."

"I missed you too much to hear your voice and know that I wouldn't be able to see you."

Tabitha shoved the paper into his hands and smiled. "You're cute when you're jealous."

Wes frowned. "Can you blame me? You two look perfect together, all poised and shit...you can see in his face that he thinks you're gorgeous!"

Tabitha smacked her hand over the picture. "That picture is horrible. My ass looks huge in that skirt!"

"Shut up, your ass always looks amazing," his voice was low with that statement. He'd moved closer to her and slipped an arm around her waist.

Tabitha turned her face up to his and accepted his kiss. She'd missed this...missed his hands on her waist, his lips, and the way she fit perfectly against him. She slipped her arms around his waist and went up on her toes to get her tongue deeper into his mouth. Wes groaned and pulled her tighter to him, his cock was hard against her stomach and her body immediately responded. She wanted him, but not in the foyer of her sister's manor.

Wes sighed when she pulled away from him. They stood there for a few moments, just enjoying each other then, jumped apart when the front door began to open.

LaLaLady
LaLaLady
859 Followers