Taken

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dun raise yer voice to me, woman!" Lord Bryce's voice was even louder. "I'll throw ye out on yer arse faster than—"

"Ye do and ye'll set yer household to ruin. If I leave, Cook'll leave as well. And ye cana run a castle without a housekeeper and a cook."

"Let me past, woman."

"Humph. Ye'll cool down and then ye'll tell me how ye messed this up, so I can fix it, too."

"What other mess have ye fixed?"

"Magge, my lord. I told Allister to tell ye. She was with child."

"I heard she was sick, twas all." There was a muffled curse and a loud thump against the door that made the wood shake and my body cower further under the blanket. "Tis a bloody soldier?"

"Aye, she admitted as much. But she wouldna say whom, my lord. Twas an unfortunate situation, yit it has a bright side. When ye had the problem with Magge, I gave ye Kenley. Ye said she wasna workin out either, but I had no one to replace er with, my lord."

"Until Laila. Or whatever er name may be."

"Aye, so ye know about that?"

"She told me. She told me everythin."

"Everythin?" Marie's voice had toned down.

I crept out of bed and leaned against the door to hear em better.

There was a loud sigh, then Lord Bryce said, "Appears my brother was in the sales business."

"Beggin yer pardon, my lord?"

"Laila said she was taken from er family and brought here. There were at least a hundred lasses, if all the cells were filled as they appeared to have been. Men came in the night and bought em...raped em. She witnessed it."

Marie sighed this time. "The poor lass. No wonder she was so traumatized. But what was all the ruckus with er runnin through the castle?"

"Tis all my fault. I accused er of bein a bloody whore. I didna mean to—"

"The damage is done, my lord. Now, ye can only wait it out."

"Marie..."

"Go, my lord. She'll come around. I hope."

Their footsteps faded away, and all was silent again.

I felt relief that Magge's child had not been conceived of Lord Bryce. Yit she musta been intimate with im at one time. And Kenley as well. I couldna wrap my head around whatever was happenin. My stomach was upset, my head hurt, and I swore my heart was breakin in two.

I made it back to my bed before I collapsed. I managed to pull the blankets up over me and roll onto my side, facin the wall. Then I succumbed to a blessed, dreamless sleep.

###

I woke in the night to use the chamber pot and changed into my nightdress before crawlin beneath the sheets again. Now, I lay on my back, starin at the ceilin in the dark, contemplatin my situation. I felt imprisoned, but this time, twas at my own volition. I could be banished to the dungeons again fer my moxie. I was a servant. Lord Bryce was my master. I had no right to speak my mind. But his questions! Oh, his bloody questions! Why couldna he just let my past disappear?

My stomach rumbled, startlin me. I realized I'd slept through the evenin meal. I wondered, if I was quiet, could I sneak some food from the kitchen? Twas worth a chance. I could be no worse off than I was now if I was caught stealin food.

I crept out of bed, shiverin as my bare feet touched the cold, hard floor. I pulled on the handle, and the door slowly creaked and moaned on its hinges. Afraid I would wake someone, I tried to slip out through the small space. But I stumbled back and slowly sunk to the floor with tears in my eyes.

Just outside the door, in the moonlight shinin through the window above, sat a bowl and mug covered in muslin. Marie had thought of me. Despite my obvious defiance, she had brought me food. And I loved er fer that.

I lit a candle on the bedside table and carried my gift to the bed where I snuggled under the blankets again. My stomach grumbled more as I pulled back the muslin on the bowl to reveal a cluster of grapes and some bread and cheese. I chose a grape first, popped into my mouth, and suddenly wished I hadna.

My tongue automatically pressed the fruit to the roof of my mouth where it exploded into juicy deliciousness. Visions filled my head of Lord Bryce feedin me a grape that first long day we were both intimate. How he'd undressed me in front of the mirror. Taught me how to feel pleasure. To bring pleasure to im in the days since.

I'd enjoyed the time I spent with im. Fer a while each day, I could pretend that I was no longer a servant. I could feel wanted. Treasured. And I had ruined it.

I gasped suddenly, realizin I was cuppin and caressin my breast through my nightdress. Even just thinkin about im aroused me these days. My breasts were heavy and tender. They had not been thus since the one evenin he'd brought me release just by touchin em. Over and over again fer hours. With his lips, and tongue, and teeth, and fingers. Suckin, and lickin, and nibblin, and pinchin.

Now, I moaned softly at the buildin desire coursin through my body. I set the empty bowl and cup aside, blew out the candle, and slid further down under the covers. I inched up the hem on my nightdress and pressed my hand to my bared breast, flesh to flesh. But I needed more.

Lord Bryce had languidly caressed me many a times with his fingers between my legs while talkin to me, kissin me, and feedin me. Surely I could do the same now. I slid my hand down, partin my thighs. My fingers met moisture, and I moaned. Even without im here I was ready fer im. The thought sent a shiver up my spine.

I found the hidden bud and pressed gently. Oh my! I pressed harder and then rubbed in a circle. My breathin turned more shallow. I rubbed back and forth now, tryin to mimic what he had done with his fingers. My own fingers slid further south, delvin into the wet heat I found there.

Even from above the covers, I could smell my sweet arousal. Continuin on, my fingertip brushed my entrance, and I inhaled sharply. I brushed again, this time pressin my fingertip past the tight barrier. I thought of his fingers there...his tongue there...his cock there.

I pressed my finger deeper and gasped. Bloody hell that felt good! I withdrew to start the whole process over, cooin softly.

In the dark of the night under the warmth of the blankets on my soft bed with visions of Lord Bryce in my head, I brought myself to release.

I had to bite the blanket to silence my screams, wishin he was here to silence me with his kisses instead. When twas all done, my body still shudderin, I turned on my side and pressed back against the wall, imaginin he was spoonin behind me. Twasn't the same, but it made do fer tonight.

As I drifted off, I wondered how I would get through tomorrow. I didna know if I could look at im. He definitely couldna touch me. As if he'd want to now.

###

It musta been somethin I ate. Or maybe I was so nervous about doin my work come mornin that I'd made myself sick. Either way, I was jostled awake before dawn with repeated waves of nausea. Marie found me still bent over the chamber pot. After washin my face and tuckin me back into bed, she said she'd be back to check on me in a couple of hours.

I stared after er, amazed. While she seemed concerned about my well-bein, she almost acted as if she'd expected me to be sick. Had she poisoned me with the food she'd left last night?

I wavered between sleepin and starin at the wall or the ceilin. At midday, there was a knock on the door. It creaked open before I could respond.

"Are ye feelin better, Laila?" Marie asked as she entered and set a tray on the bed beside me.

"Yes, ma'am." I sat up, heat fillin my cheeks. I was not used to bein served. I both enjoyed it as well as felt guilty that I was supposed to be servin others.

"I brought ye some broth."

"Thank ye." I sighed as the rich scent of chicken wafted up to my nose. "And thank ye fer the food last night. Though I think it has disagreed with me."

"Yer quite welcome, lass." She patted my knee and returned to the door. She gave me a smile over er shoulder. "Ye'll be feelin fine soon, I think. Eat the soup and git some rest. I'll check on ye later."

Yit I was still feelin ill that evenin when she brought me another bowl of broth. Just lookin at the food made my stomach turn. I left the uneaten food on the table beside my bed and curled up under the covers, facin the wall.

The next mornin when Marie came to rouse me to start the daily duties, I was throwin up again. She clicked er tongue and sent me back to bed. She brought me broth at midday, but again, I refused to eat it. I was now sick with worry as well as an upset stomach.

After three days and no improvement, tears spilled from my eyes as Marie entered in the mornin.

"Dun cry, lass." She sat beside me on the bed and brushed my hair back from my forehead. "All will be fine. Ye'll see."

"What's wrong with me?" I mumbled, pressin my hot face against er cool hand. "Am I dyin?"

Today, in addition to the nausea, my lower back and my head ached. A small part of me wished Lord Bryce was here to ease the constant pain as he had done a few times before. When I'd menstruated, we didna have sex, but I'd still pleasured im. In return, he had given me the most relaxin massages.

"Tis natural," Marie laughed gently. "Lass, yer with child."

I choked and pushed away, huddlin against the wall. "No! I cana be!"

"Ye have all the signs." Marie was smilin, and I thought I was havin a nightmare.

"I dun want to be pregnant!"

"Oh, Laila." Marie took me in er arms and rocked me like a babe. "Tis a good thing, lass."

I struggled to get away, but she held fast. "Good thing? I dun want to be a 'delicate situation!' I dun want to be like Magge. If I'm havin a baby, tis mine. Ye cana take er away!"

"Yer not like Magge. Yer special. Yer carryin Lord Bryce's child."

The reality of er statement only brought more tears. Twas all too much. Why couldna I have died in the dungeon? What had I done to deserve this from the Fates? Twasn't enough to be mocked fer bein enslaved as a servant? Now I'd be known as Lord Bryce's whore...the very thing he'd accused me of just four days ago. I could imagine Kenley and Magge laughin me into my grave.

"Tis a shock, I know, but tis the result we wanted. Ye have sealed yer fate, lass."

I blinked and pulled free of er grasp. "Ye set me up to get this way? Why? What did I do to ye?"

"Oh, Laila." Marie was laughin again.

Laughin at me. My face burned with embarrassment and anger.

The older woman took my cheeks in er hands. The rough texture—evidence of years of hard work—contrasted with my smooth skin, much like Lord Bryce's hands did. She may be a housekeeper now, but at one time, she musta worked with er hands as well.

"My dear lass, do ye not see what is happenin? Lord Bryce has chosen a wife. A mother to carry his child. He shall have an heir. He has found favor in ye, Laila. Ye should be proud."

I inhaled sharply. A wife? Surely he wouldna marry me just because he'd put his seed in me. I hid my face against er ample bosom.

"Tis true, Laila." Marie kissed the top of my head. "He has been lookin fer years. Maids have come and gone. And with movin to his brother's castle, he's been put out with his lack of choices. Before we arrived, Magge had er chance. But she refused to let im touch er, although she was happy to pleasure im however else he asked. Probably because she was chasin one or more of his soldiers. Tis a mystery she wasna knocked up before now. Aye, that one wouldna been happy with one man."

I sniffed, picturin Magge doin all the things I'd done to Lord Bryce but never receivin any pleasure in return. Who wouldna wanted to receive that?

"And finally there was Kenley." Marie rocked me again, smoothin her hand over my back now. "She was just the opposite. Always wantin im to touch er but she never wanted to touch im. You can see how confused he musta been."

And then it hit me. She truly meant 'maids.' Not maidens, but servant lasses. I shook my head, still not believin although my heart now raced with hope. I sat up suddenly. "But he's nobility!"

"Aye. But he need not marry of his status. He dun want to. Never has."

"He likened me to a whore." I lowered my eyes, my chest tightenin. "He dun really want me."

"He was mistaken, Laila." She lifted my chin so er blue eyes were starin into mine. "He has been sick with worry ever since ye ran off. He didna mean to hurt yer feelins."

"Nobody wants me." I hung my head again. My heart was truly breakin. "But I thank ye fer tryin to cheer me up."

A loud poundin on the door made me gasp.

"Marie, can I come in yit?" Lord Bryce called from the other side of the wooden barrier.

My jaw dropped as I turned wide eyes to the door and back to Marie.

"Ye think too little of yerself, lass." She kissed my forehead and crossed the room. She gave me another smile as she paused at the door. "Be kind to im. He really does care fer ye."

The door creaked open to reveal Lord Bryce pacin in the hall. He halted at the sound and spun to stare through the open space. To stare straight at me.

I cowered in the corner where the wall met the bed, pullin the blankets over my knees and up to my chin. Despite our intimate encounters, I still feared the wieldin of his true power as a lord. Maybe he'd changed his mind. Maybe I'd be thrown into the dungeon...or worse. No one would look fer me if I suddenly disappeared. I didna have a family anymore to miss me. I'd rather die than have im hate me.

"Laila!" He pushed past Marie, who laughed and caught erself against the doorframe.

Before I could draw in another breath, I was crushed to his chest as his arms wrapped around me. His cheek rested against my forehead, his body coverin mine. It took me a moment to realize he'd climbed onto the bed to reach me.

"Oh, Laila," he whispered, pressin kisses in my hair. "I dun know how to apologize. I dun know how to make things right."

My face felt wet, but not from my tears. He was cryin. He was truly sorry. He truly did care.

"Oh, my lord," I sighed, clutchin at his arms and sinkin into his embrace. I heard the door close, knowin Marie was leavin us alone. Together.

"Are ye alright?" He pulled back and cupped my face, his thumbs carressin the swell of skin on my cheekbones, now damp with my own tears. His dark eyes were glossy as they searched mine.

I nodded as I worried my lower lip. My heart thumped wildly in my chest. I wondered if he was angry...what he was thinkin. But my thoughts evaporated when he gently brushed his lips against mine. Then he increased the pressure, his arms wrappin around me again.

Our soft moans combined into that wonderful, musical sound that I thought I'd never hear again. He lowered our bodies to the bed, rollin on top of me. I gasped when his erection pressed between my legs through the blankets and the thin material of my nightdress.

We lay like that for the longest time. I dun remember im ever kissin me so slowly, so passionately. As if I was the most precious thing to im and he wanted me to know.

He finally pulled away to smile down at me. He rubbed the pad of his thumb over my lips, to which I immediately flicked my tongue out to taste im. He pressed the digit into my mouth with a soft growl.

"So tis true?"

I lowered my eyelids, unsure what he was referrin to. Did he know? How had Marie even known?

"Laila, are ye with my child?" His voice was rough, as if he could barely get the words out.

I had dreaded his reaction ever since Marie told me the truth about what was goin on with my body. And now...now there was no turnin back. I took a deep breath before noddin.

He smashed his mouth to mine, kissin me long and deep before lettin me catch my breath again. "We shall get married as soon as yer feelin better. In the mean time, I'll have Marie move ye up to our chamber. Ye shall rest in comfort near me, my love."

Fer the slightest moment, I stared at im in shock. That was not the response I'd expected. Not to mention I was offended that he'd assumed I wanted to marry im. He hadna even asked me. Yit the notion faded as quickly as it appeared. I needna voiced my opinion. He knew. And he was my lord. I'd do anythin to please im. Anythin at'll.

I was his love, not his whore. My heart swelled at his words, and I let out a long laugh. I'd been so afraid. I'd had nothin to fear. I was wanted. Truly wanted. And I was goin to have his baby.

"That is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard." He nuzzled my neck, lickin and nippin and drivin me crazy.

I felt his lips smilin against my skin and grunted. "Last week ye said twas my cries of passion when yer cock was buried to the hilt inside my quim. Make up yer mind, my lord."

His chuckle roared through the small room, only to be silenced when our mouths met once more in a blissful kiss.

###

Six months later, I had gotten used to the feelin of our baby growin in my belly. Kenley had been reassigned to help Magge, and neither girl had any interaction with me, to my relief. Lord Bryce had sent for his widowed niece to be my handmaiden after the birth. Until then, Marie had taken on the role of motherin me to a whole new level, insistin on carin for me personally until the baby was born.

Despite all she tried to teach me, I still didna truly understand the concept of becomin a mother. I wasna sure I would until the moment arrived. Right now, though, I was perfectin the concept of bein Lord Bryce's wife...and lover.

"There, do ye feel it?"

I groaned and closed my eyes, noddin. Yes, I felt his cock slidin deep within me at a wonderful angle. Felt how his hands held and caressed my swollen belly as I sat atop im, stradlin his waist with my knees on either side of his hips. Felt how his own bent knees behind me supported my back.

"Open yer eyes, Laila. Look at me."

I obeyed, lovin the sound of my name as it rolled off his lips. The name Maria had given me and I'd accepted as part of my new life. It fit so well. Just like my husband's cock within me.

My eyes widened as he arched his hips up, his cock twitchin between my warm, wet folds, the metal bar rubbin against my entrance as he withdrew slightly before delvin back inside. My hands clutched at my breasts that were heavy with arousal and preparation for our comin child. I gasped as my nipples rubbed against my palms. Everythin was so much more sensitive now.

"Let me," he whispered, brushin my hands away as he sat up so I was enveloped between his chest and thighs.

I felt the warmth of his mouth as his lips closed around my nipple. The wetness of his tongue as it lapped at the hardenin bud, drawin it further into his mouth. I circled his neck with my arms, my fingers buryin into the soft curls of his hair, holdin im against me.

When he began rockin beneath me, I cooed. I leaned my head back, unable to keep my eyes open any longer. The ripples of pleasure crept up from between my legs where we were joined and blossomed into the most amazin tinglin feelin that spread like lightnin to my breasts where his mouth was still connected.

"Lady Laila," Lord Bryce panted, his hips thrustin away beneath me, "tell me yer real name."

"Tis in the past, my lord. Let it be." The edge was right there. Just a little more and I'd fall over. I needed to fall over.

"Tell me."

I shook my head.

"Do ye want release, my love?"

I groaned softly, bitin my lower lip. I managed a quick nod, tryin to focus on that elusive explosion.

He stilled suddenly, the bloody bastard. "Then tell me!"

"No. Please." I wasna sure if I was beggin im to forget my past or bring me to completion.

"Ye will tell me now, or ye will find yer own pleasure, which I know is hard in yer condition."

I choked, feelin his cock twitch inside me as he began to withdraw. I gripped the back of his shoulders. "Oh, bloody hell, tis Callie! Now, please, fuck me!"

"As ye wish, my lady." He thrust up hard several times, his mouth sucklin my breast again. "More! More!" I clenched my eyes, tears of joy pressin out as the waves rose higher and higher.