Taking Morna

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,340 Followers

"Pride, I guess. Stubborn pride. Her rejection was a slap in the face to him."

"So what did he do?"

"Daddy pulled a few strings and got Morna in some special programs with the Israeli Army."

"What programs?"

Hemmings looked over to Sims who had his iPod up and running again.

Sims realized that he was being prompted and starting reading blurbs from some web site.

"I am not familiar with most of this. It says here that Morna was attached to or involved with different units, mostly for specialized training; Unit Yaban, Gadsar Nahal, Palsar Nahal, and Shayetet 13. I have no idea what they are or what they do. She is also fully qualified in Krav Maga."

"Hemmings, can you sum this up for me?"

"Shamus Keene had his daughter trained to be a stone cold killer for the Israeli military."

"That doesn't make sense."

"Mister Hawke. What did the CIA people just report about the kidnappers?"

"They found three dead men in the house that they took Morna to."

"Did they find her?"

"No."

"What do you think happened to those men?"

"What do you mean?"

"Did somebody come and rescue her, or do you think that she might have saved herself?"

"Okay! Okay! All that aside what were they doing here in the States and why was Shamus, Mister Keene, with her?"

"She was in hiding. About four months ago a group of Turkish insurgents kidnapped the son of an Israeli diplomat in London and took him to Sanday Island near Orkney. They were waiting for a boat to pick them up. Morna was with the group that went in to rescue the boy. She killed four men, captured the ring leader and saved the lad. The group responsible for the kidnapping, put a five million pound bounty on her head."

"That still doesn't explain why they were in the states."

"Within the next month, there were three attempts to kill or capture Morna. They decided it was time for her to take a vacation, so to speak."

"Okay. So I take it that Shamus was tagged with protection detail for his own daughter."

"Right. He volunteered, but his involvement was only supposed to be temporary. Their primary purpose was to find a safe place for her to stay for a few years."

"I am guessing that it didn't work out too well?"

"I don't really know, but from the looks of things they seem to have decided that she might be safe with you."

"Wow! That is both flattering and insulting at the same time. However, it didn't work out too well did it?"

Sims and Hemmings both seemed to get my lame attempt at making a joke.

I sat for a few more moments and then decided to continue on my way.

All of the government people, including Hemmings and Sims, were now congregating at the front of the house preparing to leave. I casually walked down to the stream, still wondering about all of the things that I did not know. I had just gotten comfortable in the cypress bench when I heard her across the water.

"How was your run?" It was the cleverest thing I could think of at the time.

Morna stopped, put her hands on her knees, and bent over to catch her breath. "Not bad except the briers are just terrible. Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"I took off early since we have company."

She gave me a quizzical look as she started across the creek, trying not to get her feet too wet.

"Company?"

"Your father decided to pay us a visit."

"What? I haven't even been gone a full day."

"I think he was worried about you."

She sat down and smiled. "How about you? Were you worried about me?"

"No. Why? Should I be?"

She scooted over towards me and took my hand.

"Is my father upset with me?"

"Upset? I don't think so. He seemed to be more worried or concerned."

She squeezed my hand a little and sighed. "I don't think he is happy with my career choice."

"Really? I thought that you were doing what he wanted you to do."

"No. I was doing what I told him I wanted to do because I thought it was what he wanted me to do. I think he wanted a boy."

"From what the government people up at the house are saying, you are quite good at your job."

"I am my father's daughter. I wanted him to be proud."

"He seems to be proud of you, and very protective." I added.

"Every time I go on a mission or exercise he gets tense."

"What do you want to do?"

She didn't answer right away. "Let's go up to the house. I have to speak with Shamus."

She actually held my hand as we walked to the lodge. "Arland, why are there two helicopters here?"

"One brought your father, and one belongs to NSA. The CIA came in regular SUV's"

"Sounds a little like overkill to me."

Shamus did his best not to show any emotion at the sight of his daughter, but he caved in at the end. I noticed a small tear in his eye as he wrapped his massive arms around her. Both of them quickly broke apart and the airs of confidence and self-assurance overtook them before the rest of the room.

I joined Hector and Rose in the kitchen as the impromptu debriefing started in the main room. Rose insisted that I refuel with a hot bowl of red beans and rice. She knew my weak spot. I washed it down with two cold long necks and finished up with a large mug of coffee. Hector and Rose actually seemed to be a little excited by the events of the day, even though Hector ended up with a good sized bruise. Rose called him her hero and seemed to be pampering the heck out of him, to my amusement and his discomfort.

All of the Government people seemed to disappear as fast as they arrived. As the day ended, the only visitors left were Shamus and his helicopter pilot. The navy flyboy enjoyed his red beans and rice as much as I did.

Morna excused herself for a badly needed shower and Shamus looked my way and nodded towards the front porch.

"Mister Hawke. The events of the day were unexpected and to say the least unusual. There was no way that you could have prepared for this or prevented it. Whatever you do, do not beat yourself up over this."

When he sat down on the porch rocker, I was momentarily afraid that the chair would collapse, but it held.

"Thanks for the approval, however, I am afraid that it is all my fault. None of this was any of my business. I had no right to get involved. I was stupid and naive about the whole situation. Next time, I will mind my own business."

"Mister Hawke, do you have any of that Johnny Walker left?"

"Red or Black?"

"Surprise me."

Five minutes later, we were settled again watching the sun set.

"I need a favor Arland. You don't mind if I call you Arland, do you?"

"Not at all."

"Morna would like to stay with you for a while. Would that be a burden for you?"

"Absolutely not, however, she hardly knows me. Why would she make this decision?"

"She is a good judge of character. She feels comfortable with you. She trusts you. If any problems come up, she feels that she can protect you."

"Whoa! Isn't that supposed to be the other way around? I thought that I would be the one to protect her?"

The big man was laughing and the poor rocker was in fear for its life. "That was a joke, Mister Hawke, I mean Arland. You are taking this all too seriously."

The red sunset meant that tomorrow would be a beautiful day. We both sat quietly for a few moments.

"I will, of course reimburse you for any expenses you understand."

"Be careful Mister Keene. I could construe that as being insulting."

"Mister Keene, I don't want to change the subject, but how were the Government people able to locate Morna so easily?"

"She has a chip in her shoulder. We can find her any time at almost any place in the world."

"That means that other people can also find her."

"You are absolutely right. That might possibly be something to consider down the road."

"I understand that some not very nice people are looking for her?"

"I take that to be a question. The answer is 'yes' and I don't know, at this point, how quickly I can change that.

"How long would this arrangement be for?"

"You need companionship Mister Hawke. Morna needs companionship, and I need piece of mind. I don't have an answer for you."

"She doesn't need an old man. She needs somebody young and robust."

"Okay. Than just let her hang out with you awhile until the right guy comes along."

He was shaking the ice in his glass as he noticed the smile on my face.

"Why is that funny?"

"As far as I am concerned, I don't think anyone will be good enough in my eyes. Do want a refill on that?"

"No. I have to get going as soon as I say good-bye to my daughter. There is a small problem in the Falklands that I must take care of."

Morna and I stood on the porch and watched the helicopter take off for the return to Pensacola. The flashing lights were fading away towards the South and she took my hand and walked into the house.

"Arland. How soon can you show me the Walls of Jericho?"

Robert took a teaching position in Nashville and moved into the Murfreesboro house after Morna and I moved to Hytop. Rose and Hector stayed on with Robert and his wife. Of course, I continued to pay their salaries.

A troublesome black bear who took to raiding trash cans and campsites in the area was quietly relocated to the Chattahoochee National Forrest with a GPS chip in his shoulder. If anybody came looking for Morna in the future they would be in for a big surprise. The vet who did the GPS transfer also presented Morna with her first puppy; a Chow and Great Dane mix. It was one ugly dog, but Morna loved him.

I tried to get Morna interested in bow hunting with no success. A few months later a package arrived from Shamus containing a new, state of the art crossbow and three dozen bolts. It scared the crap out of me, but Morna loved it. I don't know how she got in touch with him and I didn't ask.

We did make one major change to the cabin; solar panels and a full DC electrical system brought us into the modern world.

At first I was afraid that we would have to be constantly on alert for people interested in bringing harm to Morna. As time passed the anxiety faded. Robert and Logan visited about once a year. Morna was instantly accepted by both families. Rose and Hector even came over once.

Shamus dropped in several times a year and each time complained about not having any grandchildren on the way. I told him that it would never happen until he gave me permission to marry his daughter.

On the first of June, Morna and I were quietly married by a Justice of the Peace in Scottsboro.

PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,340 Followers
Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

Aiding and Abetting The good guys don't always finish last.in Romance
Danny's Dilemma His wife tried to put the horns on him.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Penny Whimsy Her plan to trade up didn't work.in Loving Wives
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
More Stories