Tales From Behind the Bar Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“I was depressed for months. I couldn’t understand why he didn’t get mad and scream and fight. It was Denise that finally explained what happened that night. My infidelity and Marc’s beating broke not only his heart but his spirit as well. He felt he had no other option but to leave any way he could. I tried to keep the lines of communication open hoping that one day he’d see that I really did love him. All that ended when a female voice answered the phone. She pulled no punches when she told me that I needed to leave him alone and get on with Marc or whomever I wanted to screw around with. She was going to make sure he was well taken care of. I knew then that I had lost him forever.

“I had thought that Denise of all people would have been immune to Marc’s charms. That may have been what made her such a prize to him. Jeff I know you’re mad and broken up over this. You have every right to be, but inspite of the anger and pain please try to remember the love that you have. Denise loves you. She’s going through 12 kinds of hell now, but if you could somehow hold onto the love and forgive her. You’d see she’d never ever come close to doing anything like this again.”

Our 3-way conversation went on all day and into the night. In the end nothing was settled. It’s been almost a year since they separated. At least once a every couple of weeks Denise goes over to the house, sometimes she spends the night sometimes she doesn’t. She’s moved in with her cousin Phoebe and they seem to get along well. They apparently provide moral support for each other. Denise hoping that one day soon Jeff will agree to a complete reconciliation while Phoebe hopes to one day somehow remarry her ex-husband Floyd. That however is another story.

I’ve asked Denise on several occasions why she keeps running over there whenever Jeff calls. I think that sometimes Jeff is getting off on playing her hopes. She says she calls him more that he calls her. Denise is adamant that she will one day soon return home. She also wants to make sure that she limits the competition as much as possible. There have been rumors that of all people Marva has been seen creepin over late at night. I know that’s false though cause the person she’s been creepin to see is me. The rest is nunya.

Marc? Well when the word got out about what he did he lost a lot of respect among the ladies. Mind you he still has them lining up but they’re a decidedly lessor class. When their mutual friends found out what happened Marc became persona non grata. Many of his old friends male and female avoided him. That left him with a somewhat less respectable crowd. Sometimes the people you hang with can lift you up as well as bring you down.

In closing let me play the second part of the tape I played in the beginning. It seems a fitting way to end the first installment of Tales From Behind the Bar.

{This is the program Soothsayer with the Top Jock DJ Rock sitting in for Dr. Jones Allen. Give us a call let’s hear what’s on your mind. You got the Soothsayer what’s on your mind caller?}

“Top Jock this is Jeff from the NW side”

{Hey Jeff what’s up man.}

“Well I don’t have a question or a problem for the Soothsayers right now. I just thought you might like to hear the rest of the story on a bit you did on your show earlier this year.”

{Oh really? Well maybe you’d like to call back tomorrow morning with the rest of the story.}

“No I don’t think so Rock because the rest of the story ain’t nothin to be laughin at.”

{Hmm sounds serious. Okay what bit was this.}

“The one where the question was, ‘Which of your mates partners would you most like to get with?”

{Oh yeah that was a wild bit. We rolled all morning long.}

“Yeah I missed the original broadcast but I caught it on your best of broadcast last week and recorded it. The best one was the one with Denise from the NW side. The one that said she wanted to get together with her man’s best friend Marc.”

{Yeah I remember her. She was live. We had big fun with her. What’s the rest of the story?}

“Well Denise’s husband didn’t hear the broadcast cause he was working out of town, but Marc did and the two of them got together.”

{What? Aw no!}

“Oh yeah, carried on for about 4 almost 5 months.”

{Oh no man. Tell me you’re joking.}

“No! They’d still be kickin it if I hadn’t busted em.”

{You busted them? (Dead air) Let me guess, you’re the husband.}

“Right the first time.”

{Oh man, I’m sorry that something like that happened to you. I hope you don’t blame us for this. That bit was never meant to be anything more than harmless fun.}

“I know man; hey I’m not trying to lay blame. Hell I laughed my butt off till I heard Denise. Both my soon to be ex-wife and my ex-best friend had the opportunity to choose not to do what they did. I just wanted to send a quick message to all those would be comedians that hide behind free speech when they talk trash. Words are powerful and power carries consequences for irresponsibility. Hiding behind free speech doesn’t relieve you of responsibility or free you from the consequences for its misuse.”

{Jeff man I’m so sorry about what happened to you. I wish there was something I could do to help you.}

“You already did Rock. The rebroadcast was what helped me catch them. I just thought you might want to hear the rest of the story. Look I gotta go. Take it easy.”

[CLICK]