Tales of Dirty Old Man Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sold," blurted out Simone. That just left me to find the money before we flew because I was sure Simone didn't want to be parted from her mother again.

I called Pete and explained that I needed $75,000 and that I needed it right away.

"Christ," he spluttered down the phone, "I thought you were just picking up a couple of toys for the kids."

"We've found something Simone has to get."

"Ok, it'll take half an hour, where are you?"

I told him and he promised to be there as soon as he could.

John looked surprised at my call. I explained that we were flying back to France tonight and we wanted to take the painting with us.

He said, "I only know her as Helene, what is her full name?"

Simone replied, "She was the Contessa Helene Simone Rachael Laurent."

"Was?" John said softly.

"I was ten when she died. I only really remember her from photos and the painting, that's why having this is so important to me"

We sat drinking coffee while we waited for Peter. John got his assistant to prepare packing for the painting to prevent damage during the flight.

Pete and Angie arrived eager to see what I'd just paid $75,000 for.

Angie looked back and forth from Simone to the painting, "It's you, well it's a young you. When was it painted?"

"It's not me, it's my mother. Well I suppose I am in the painting, I think she was three months pregnant with me at the time."

John said, "That explains why she always looks like she was glowing, she was!"

Pete passed over an envelope with the money and John finished the sale while the painting was safely packed away.

John gave us the bill of sale and the letters of provenience. He carefully packaged the painting for travel, and we headed back to the villa to finish packing.

Our last evening of the trip was emotional and it seemed no time at all before we were loading the SUV with our luggage. We were quiet on the drive to the airport. When we pulled up I managed grab a porter to help me take the bags to the Air France check in desk.

I checked the three of us in. We gave Pete and Angie a last few minutes together before we were escorted through passport control and security and shown to the first class lounge.

The flight was called on time and we were able to settle in to our seats. I accepted a glass of champagne from the pretty stewardess and began to relax. We had managed to get three seats in a row, I was seated by the window and the girls the two centre seats. No one else was seated in the first class cabin by the time the cabin doors were closed.

Take-off was smooth and I reclined my seat and I fell asleep to the drone of the engines and the quiet murmur of Simone and Angie talking.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ <> ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

To be continued.

Oh and please vote. I enjoy reading your comments and e-mails; I'll try to respond to them. Many thanks for reading.