Tangled Web

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"This place is special to you" a voice said nearby.

Cal slowly turned his head toward the voice and opened his eyes. There stood a man, tall and lean, dressed in the academic uniform of a corduroy jacket with elbow patches, a button-down shirt and flannel trousers, boat shoes and no socks. The face was lively, sporting a goatee, sparkling smile and deep green eyes.

"Word is that you met him here every day."

"Nearly every day." Cal's voice was soft with recollection.

"I don't mean to intrude, but I do want to get to know you. I'm Octavius March. I'm new in the Humanities department. I was hoping that as the other unattached under sixty member of the faculty that we could be friends. It's a lovely campus and everyone is more than kind, but it is kind of lonely."

"Do they have you staying in a dorm room?" Cal asked knowingly.

"Ugh, yes they do. Temporarily. I've taken on the drama production and spend so much time on campus I want to be nearby. The options, as I imagine you are aware, are limited."

"You'd be surprised what can turn up."

"May I join you on your bench?"

"Yes, of course, please sit down. And forgive my rudeness. I'm Cal Stephenson."

"Oh, I know. I made it my business to find out. Professor Stephenson of the Economics Department."

"Octavius?"

"Yes, my father was a classics scholar. I've never been able to come up with a decent nick name either, so it's Octavius. Seems so pretentious at times. Can you guess my birthday? Dad really did have a strange sense of humor."

Cal just smiled with the realization.

"There that's better. Your face deserves a smile. You looked so sad as I approached. You must have loved him very much."

"I did. I had given myself over to a quiet life of quiet pleasures, well some weren't so quiet" Cal laughed. "Won't you join me for dinner tonight? I live just along the path to town, the little house. It belonged to Stu, but he gave it to me in his will."

"Would it violate any boundaries if I asked to kiss you?" Octavius ventured.

"That would be very nice. Stu and I always met here with a kiss. It seems appropriate, somehow. Yes, Octavius, kiss me. I warn you, I've been alone a long time. I may not be able to contain myself."

"That's what I'm counting on."

CHAPTER TWELVE

Alex reclined in the bed gently touching Guy who lay against his chest. As he traced the shape of the Guy's ear, he thought about how happy he was, how fortunate that life had brought Guy to him. He savored the sensations of their lovemaking, the heat and excitement still with him.

"That tickles" Guy teasingly complained.

"What we just got done doing tickled, too."

"I never heard of anyone with a ticklish ass."

"I've never been touched that deep before."

"You bet you haven't."

"Brag, brag."

"Hey, lover."

"What?"

"I love you."

"And I love you."

The kissed, embraced and made love again.

***

"How long has it been?"

"Since we did it? About an hour. You are certainly in the mood today."

"No, since we met."

"Wow, it's been almost three years."

"I can't believe you pulled that line on me."

"I am really lucky you bought it."

"You really have balls."

"As you well know. Hey, I wasn't about to let you get away."

"We still aren't married."

"Tell the governor, not me. You'll probably see him next week, anyway."

"Somehow, the topic of gay marriage doesn't come up in our typical discussions. That's outside the authority of the AG's office. One of these days, though..."

"Yeah, one of these days."

"I hate spending time in Albany, away from you. I really wasn't expecting to be offered a job with the AG. I'm glad I can spend most of my time here in New York."

"Everything has changed a lot in this past year."

"Yes, it's hard to believe all that has happened. We were just about here when it started. We were happy just being together."

"We still are. You came home complaining about regular citizens and their ability to give testimony. You brought home the file and then we're off to France. Hey it was great to have everyone together last month. Henri was a perfect host, Thibaud was his wonderful awful self. It was amazing the Samir and Kenny could join us. They seem to be doing well considering what pressure they must be under. Things don't seem decided yet, but I guess changing a government takes time. And Cal and his new beau, they were very sweet together. I am so pleased that they're together. It makes it easier to see all the events of last and six years for the good that came from them, not just the pain along the way."

"I think it's good for Dr. Waldheim. He still feels responsible for Mr. Marcus's death. Now that Cal has someone new, I think it's easier. And being back at the college gives him a chance to fulfill his sense of obligation. It's where he should be. And the dedication of the Economics Building to Stuart Marcus was a kind of justice."

"Though I'm still shocked by Worthington hanging himself."

"Me, too. The case Dr. Waldheim, the auditing firm and I put together was certainly damning. There was no doubt that Worthington was involved with Samir's uncle, though it looks like Worthington was working all the angles for his own benefit. We could never prove it was his idea to try to discredit Mr. Marcus with the semen, nor identify the agent who planted it and probably killed him, but it had to be Worthington who told them what to do. The evidence of him cooking the books and embezzling from the college was rock solid. What a shock to the sheriff going to arrest him to find him hanging in the garage. It sure looked like suicide, but when you play with bad guys like that crowd, I'll always wonder."

"I'm sure Dr. Waldheim will get things straightened out.

"I think Dr. Waldheim has his eye on you for a job at the college."

"He was hinting pretty hard the last time we were up."

"Do you think so? It would be fun to teach. The chief economist has lots of years left in him and while they were nice to you during the executive weekend, you didn't have that great a time at the wives events."

"Damn me. Alone with twenty women and me just wanting to be with you."

"I tried to make up for it in Provence."

"I don't know if it is Henri's wine or just being near Thibaud, but you, my love, were insatiable the whole time we were there."

"You always met me fuck for fuck."

"You inspired me."

"Is that some inspiration pressing against my leg?"

"Uh huh."

"How long has it been?"

"Since we did it? About an hour and a half. I think it's time."

"I love you."

"And I love you."