Tara Ch. 02

Story Info
Continuation of Tara and Epona's story.
8.7k words
4.44
19.2k
6
0

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 10/27/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tara was up with the sun the next morning. She left her captive bound while she went in search of the stream that she knew flowed more or less parallel to the road on which they had been traveling. She took her time bathing and dressing. By the time she made her way back to the camp, Tara was feeling hungry again. She released the ropes that held Epona's limbs and tersely ordered her to prepare breakfast. Then she sat back down on her bedroll, drew out her sword, and began to sharpen it with a stone. She hadn't yet had time to maintain her weapon after the previous day's battle.

The slave made tea and took out a ration of bread and cheese, which she brought quietly to her owner. Without being told, Epona took a small bite of the food before laying it in Tara's hand, and then a sip from the steaming mug. The warrior jerked her head in approval before she ate. Tara made no offer to share, and Epona didn't ask.

At length, when breakfast was over, the warrior sheathed her weapon and rose to her feet. "Time to pack up," she said curtly. "You watch what I do. This'll be your job after this, understand?" The slender girl nodded. She watched closely as Tara packed their things into the cart, and then threw earth on the remaining coals of their fire. Lastly, the warrior took up the sacks containing her gold. She held them up and fixed Epona with a cold stare. "These," she said, "you never touch. If I even catch you breathing on them, I'll give you the beating of your life."

"Yes, ma'am." Epona flinched and turned aside slightly, as if to shield herself from a blow.

Tara maintained the menacing look for a moment or two before tossing the sacks into the cart and covering them with the rest of the supplies. "Get in," she ordered. The young woman climbed up. Without being told, Epona moved to where she had been bound the day before. Tara gestured. "Give me your hands," she instructed. "I think you're going to behave yourself, so I'll tie them in front of you this time. Don't make me regret it." The girl shook her head emphatically as the warrior bound her wrists, but said nothing. Tara couldn't quite restrain a smirk as she passed the ropes around Epona's body and tied her back against the wall of the cart. She'd expected the girl to be easy to dominate, and she was certainly being proved right.But again, never be complacent,she thought calmly, wrapping a few lengths of cord around Epona's slim legs.I'd hate to have to waste my time tracking her down if she decided to run.

"Ma'am?" Tara paused in the act of turning away as the soft voice reached her. She turned back. Epona's head was bowed, and she was looking at her through the soft, black fringe of her lashes. "Please, where are we going?"

The warrior rested her hand on the hilt of her sword and put her head on one side. The hint of a smirk played about her lips. "Well, normally I'd say nowhere in particular," she said. "My work usually finds me without any problems. But I've spent nearly two months sleeping under the stars now, and I wouldn't mind a hot supper, a warm bath, and a soft bed in the near future. So we're heading east. There's a village about three days' ride that way; their inn has the best sherry this side of the sea." The prisoner nodded silently. "You've never done much sleeping on the ground, have you?" Tara was faintly amused as Epona shook her head. "You'll get used to it," she said, turning away. "And you'll get used to walking, too, once I've got myself a decent horse and gotten rid of this cart."

A decent horse.Tara's lips curved upward as she swung into her mount's saddle. There was another reason she was heading for this particular town – it was renowned for its powerful horses. It had been a long time since she had owned a proper warhorse. If she could get one, she'd also be able to wear heavier armor again, and even carry a decent shield. She thought fondly of her sacks of coin.Yes, this will be good,she mused.If I can get a few more jobs like this last one, maybe I can get myself set up properly again. Pretend these last two years never happened.Her brown eyes grew pensive.

She had been a fighter all her life, and from the day she'd first left home, she had proved that. From barroom brawls to street muggings to actual battle, Tara had nearly always found a way to come out on top. She'd earned herself the nickname "Terror" from her fellow mercenaries after a particularly punishing brawl, in which she had dealt out three broken noses, many bruised ribs, and far too many black eyes to count; she herself had come out of it without a scratch. Tara had always possessed unusual physical strength, speed and agility, and she used them to great effect.

But even the powerful Tara wasn't immortal, and that had been proven two years ago. She had made many enemies in the course of her life. Until that fateful day, she'd always managed to stay one step ahead of them. Tara had been riding by herself over a flat stretch of land. She'd let the fact that she could see for miles make her a little complacent, and had let herself relax in the cool autumn breeze. Then it had seemed like the road erupted, as brigands burst out of the covered pits where they had been hiding. There had been only confusion and pain and darkness after that.

She had awakened in the dead of night with her face resting in a muddy pool of her own blood. She had been stripped of her armor and weapons, and her horse was nowhere to be found. Countless wounds had scored her flesh; she'd counted five arrow shafts protruding from her legs and left side. After a while, she'd realized that she wasn't too far from the place where she'd been ambushed. Even though she'd been more than half dead, Tara had managed to drag her broken body fifty yards back to the road, and collapse there. She'd then lain there for two days before a passing merchant spotted her and took her to a nearby town, where she had finally been seen by a healer. She never did find out which of her enemies had finally managed to track her down.

Her physical recovery had been slow, and her mental one even slower. Where she had been cold and ruthless before, she became even more so; her temper, which had always been short, became deadly. She'd been feared; now the tales of her exploits became almost legendary. Tara had lost track of how many souls had fallen under the pitiless edge of her blade. Hundreds, for sure. Maybe even thousands.

Tara's dark eyes warily scanned the road ahead as they traveled. Occasionally they moved upward to scrutinize the trees that overhung the road. She would be glad to get out of these woods, she reflected. She much preferred to travel in open spaces, where most threats could be seen and met properly. Tara idly loosened her sword in its sheath. Even her boundless energy had been a bit taxed by this last round of fighting. It had taken three long days of battle to bring down the city completely, and she'd had next to no sleep in that time. It would be good to rest at an inn for a while, she thought.Maybe I'll stay three or four days, instead of one or two. Might as well get fully rested up before heading out again.

At noon, Tara stopped to let the horse drink and rest for a while. She gave him a bit of a rubdown, as well; a bit less thorough than the one she'd given him the night before. Then, as she hitched him back up to the cart, she thought of her prisoner.Oh, right. I suppose I'd better check on her.

Epona looked at her timidly. She looked rather miserable, Tara thought. Coolly, the warrior checked the girl's bonds to ensure they weren't chafing her too badly. Then she pulled the cork from their water skin. "Here," she said shortly. "Open your mouth." The slave obeyed, and Tara let her have a few mouthfuls. With that, the mercenary headed back for the horse, and swung astride.

They made fairly good time that day. Tara found herself in a good mood by the time they stopped for the night. She went around to the back of the cart and released her prisoner. "Set up camp," she ordered as she pulled the cords from Epona's wrists. "I'll deal with the horse. You can start my supper once you've done that." The black-haired girl nodded quietly. Tara began to attend to the russet hide of the horse.

Horses had always been a private pleasure of Tara's. She not only enjoyed riding them, but also taking care of them. She couldn't really put her finger on why. It was something about the way a horse's coat looked after she'd groomed it – as smooth and shiny as satin. She hummed absently as she brushed him down, casting a glance at Epona every now and then as she worked.

It was interesting to watch the girl, Tara thought. Even though Epona's limbs were long enough to be almost ungainly, her movements were never clumsy. She moved with a certain subtle grace that peasant girls could never quite match.She almost reminds me of a yearling colt,Tara thought, grinning at her own flight of fancy. She turned her gaze back to the horse, eyeing his gleaming coat with professional satisfaction. "There we are. That's better, isn't it?" she murmured. "Let's tether you over there. I think I see some nice, thick grass you could have for supper."

Epona had done a good job of setting up the camp. She'd obviously paid attention the night before; she'd even placed her owner's sleeping mat on the same side of the fire as before. Tara paused, and then glanced into the back of the cart. The two sacks of money still lay where she'd thrown them that morning.Good. She didn't touch them.Tara took them up and, crossing to her bedroll, tucked them beneath the head of it. Then she dropped down onto it, cross-legged, and began to sharpen and polish her blade. Her dark eyes still followed Epona.

The girl seemed to be preparing a soup of some kind, judging by the smell that was wafting from the pot. The firelight played over her pale face, casting shadows that highlighted her delicate cheekbones and deep-set eyes. Tara's lips curved appreciatively. She broke off for a moment to inspect her sword. The blade was gleaming like glass. The warrior sheathed it and sat back to resume watching her captive.Nice,she thought, her gaze sliding over the boyish figure, and the long arch of Epona's back.Very nice, indeed.She had a pleasant mental image of running her hands down that smooth curve. Tara's grin grew almost predatory.

Tara couldn't really remember when her interest in sex had begun to develop, but once it had, she'd approached the subject in the same way she approached everything else – directly. She had gathered some money together and gone to the nearest brothel, where she'd spent the night experimenting with lovers, both male and female. She had much preferred the women.Well,she'd thought then,that's that.From that point onward, Tara had mostly confined her attentions to females. She knew, of course, that her predilection wasn't acceptable in most respectable circles, but that didn't really bother her. Most of what she did wasn't considered respectable.

Epona had finished her work. She brought a full bowl to where Tara sat, tasted it silently, and held it out. The warrior took it and ate. It tasted good; she jerked her head in approval and tossed back the empty bowl. "More," she said curtly. The slave did as she was told. Tara drank a second time. "More," she said again, thrusting the bowl into Epona's hands.

The dismay that crossed the slave girl's face at this amused Tara. She knew Epona must be very hungry by this time, since she hadn't given her anything that morning, and very little the night before. It was likely that there was only about another bowlful of food left, and the slave girl was thinking about going to bed hungry. She watched with continued amusement as Epona quietly poured out the rest of the soup and brought it to her. Tara took it, leaned back against the trunk of a tree, and drank a little. "Tell me more about yourself, Epona," she said congenially. "You told me you're the youngest daughter of some lord or other. How well did you know your father?"

"Not very well," the girl admitted. "I was mostly with my mother or my sister, or with my tutors, ma'am. Father was always busy with the estate, or with running the city...my brothers and half-brothers got to see him sometimes, but I didn't, really." Her green eyes wistfully followed the bowl as Tara raised it to her lips again.

"Did any of your family survive?" Tara asked curiously, pausing in her eating.

Abruptly, the girl turned her face away. There was a moment's pause before she answered. "No, ma'am." Her voice was choked.

"None of them?" The warrior raised a brow and took another mouthful of soup. Epona shook her head silently. "Hm. I can understand them killing your father and brothers, since they were fighting us, but we could have gotten a good price for your sisters, if any of them were half as pretty as you. Waste of decent slaves." Tara shook her head in disgust. "Kernos never did have any sense of the value of things." The captive shot Tara an astonished look. Tara could see horror and revulsion in the wide, green eyes. She felt another ripple of amusement.Good. Better that you know what kind of a monster I am. Easier to keep you in line, that way."They were killed in front of you, I suppose?"

"My sister was." The answer was almost inaudible. "They...they cut off her head, ma'am."

"Well, at least it was quick." This earned Tara another horrified, tearful look. The warrior took another calm mouthful of soup.Is she really just going to let me talk like this and eat all the food right in front of her, without a protest? Gods, she really is a little mouse. No spunk at all.She grinned.This should be a fun night."Tell me, Epona. You've never been married. Did you ever have a beau?" Epona shook her head, still visibly fighting back tears. "So you've never bedded anyone, then."

"N-no. Of course not!" There was obvious shock on Epona's face as she protested.

Even better.Tara finished the soup and casually tossed the bowl in the slave girl's direction. Epona caught it. "Clean up," she ordered. "Don't dawdle. When you're done, bring me the food satchel." The captive did as she was told. Tara's eyes followed her until she was once again kneeling before her, holding out the bag in which they kept their food.

Coolly, the warrior took the satchel from her and rummaged through it. After some searching, she found one of the small packets she was looking for. She opened it and took out a piece of hardtack about the size of the palm of her hand. "Bring me the water skin," she instructed. Epona wordlessly obeyed. Tara filled a cup with water, and then put both cup and bread into the slave's hands. "Since you've done pretty good work today, I'll let you eat," she said calmly. "Soak that in the water until it's soft enough for you."

"Thank you, ma'am." The green eyes misted, but didn't meet Tara's.

Tara watched with some interest as Epona began to nibble on the edges of her hardtack. The girl ate neatly and politely. Tara had to admit that it was a rather nice change from the wolfish devouring that her fellow mercenaries usually indulged in. She turned her attention to Epona's hands. Like the rest of her, they were small and slim. She couldn't help but wonder how those neat little paws would feel against her skin. Tara smirked; the grin widened a moment later as she noticed how Epona was shifting uncomfortably. The scrutiny had not gone unnoticed.

Enough of this,Tara decided abruptly.I want it now. She unbuckled her belt and removed her mail shirt. Then, reaching out, she plucked the bit of remaining hardtack and the cup from Epona's hands. The slave stared at her in mingled dismay and bewilderment. "You might as well start learning some of the other duties I expect you to perform for me," Tara said calmly. "Take off your tunic. Now."

"My...tunic?" The girl's hands drifted to the ties at her throat that held the garment closed. Her green eyes were full of confusion as she began to obey, but she didn't question the order. Soon the laces were loosened. Epona pulled the garment over her head, leaving her naked to the waist.

The warrior's breath caught in her throat for a moment. "Not bad," she murmured. "Not bad at all." Epona's bewilderment grew. Tara could see the unvoiced questions in her face, and – in the very depths of the wide eyes – the first beginnings of fear. Like a predator scenting blood, Tara felt her heart rate rise. With a wolfish smile, she reached out, caught the slave girl firmly by the scruff of her neck, and pulled her forward into a bruising kiss.

"Mmph!"The slave uttered a squeak of horror and alarm. Tara could feel her squirming. She tightened her grip and wrapped her other arm around Epona's waist, pinning her slender body firmly against her own. With the smaller girl restrained, Tara took her time, drawing her tongue slowly across Epona's upper lip before pressing through them to gain access to her mouth. She felt the slave's struggles increase at this. Tara smirked and explored Epona's mouth thoroughly, savoring the taste of her. At last, she pulled away.

Epona was gasping and whimpering. She tried to get free, but Tara easily maintained her grip. "Please," the captive begged. "Please..."

"Quiet." The warrior's icy glare froze Epona's whimpers in her throat. Deliberately, Tara kissed her again, and then moved her face until her lips brushed against the shell of the girl's ear. "You belong to me," she whispered. "You might as well get used to that. I won you with my sword, Epona. You're mine.Allof you." And she ducked her head down to bite down lightly on the side of the slave's slender neck.

"No. No. Please." The smaller woman struggled harder, bringing up her hands to push against Tara's head. With a soft grunt, Tara swept Epona's legs out from under her and put her neatly on her back. The girl cried out. "Stop it! Please, stop it. I c–can't...this is abomination..."

Tara felt a sudden flash of anger. She rose up to her knees and caught Epona by the throat. The movement was terrifyingly swift. She glared down into the petrified green eyes beneath her. "I told you to be quiet," she snapped. "Now you stop whimpering, and you stop fighting me. Understand?" Epona squirmed again, and the fingers around her throat tightened like a vise. "Do you understand?"

"Yes! Yes, ma'am." The slave shut her mouth tightly and fell limp. Her body still quivered with sobs, but she was making a valiant effort to stay silent.

"You'd better," Tara growled. "Disobey me again, and Iwillbeat you." As quickly as it had flared, her anger cooled again. She lowered herself onto the shivering girl and resumed her interrupted work.

Normally, Tara would have stopped and immediately begun coaching a slave in how to touch her. This time, however, she found herself enjoying Epona's reactions enough to keep going. The girl was incredibly responsive. And all the while, those huge green eyes stared up at her, full of a mixture of fear and confusion and pleasure that Tara somehow found very endearing. The warrior's touch grew gentler. "That's right," she murmured half to herself, stroking her palms up and down Epona's sides. "This is your first time, isn't it?"

"Y–yes, ma'am." Epona squirmed and gasped helplessly.

"Hm. Maybe I'll take it slow, then." Tara's mouth trailed kisses down the side of the girl's neck to the sharp line of her collarbone. Her skin tasted slightly salty. Tara felt Epona stiffen as her lips moved lower. "Relax," she murmured, her mouth moving against her captive's body. "I'm not going to hurt you." Her hands slid down to pluck at the belt at Epona's waist.

The slave followed her owner's orders about silence and submission to the letter, right up until the end. She did let out a strangled yelp when Tara's hand first slid in between her thighs, and a sharp cry or two when her release finally came. The warrior stroked her gently until the last tremors had rocked the girl's slim body. Then she pulled Epona against herself, holding the black head that lay against her shoulder like a child's. The slave was shivering violently; soft little sobs shook her. "Shh," Tara reproved. "Quiet, now. No one's hurt you."