Tattered Spirits Ch. 03

Story Info
Sir Glen does something drastic & Jean remembers.
2.1k words
4.73
8.5k
0

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Laurie and Jean walked together through the orchards, hand in hand.

"The manor is as lovely as you described it Laurie." Jean said scanning back to the house. There was peace here, and everything seemed to flood with light and life. She noted the oddity of the three candles out here in the orchard, but Laurie had barely noticed their existence.

Laurie smiled. "Thank you." -I wish you could have come here on your own to see it under better circumstances. - She also took note to remind herself to return to the orchard later in the evening to retrieve the three candles that had been lit ages ago to begin Sir Leif and Taylor's journey.

More quiet time passed, as the shadows grew longer. "I'm surprised Laurie, I'm sure you're teeming with questions I would have thought you'd have asked dozens by now." Jean teased.

Laurie looked at her dearest friend. "I thought it best you bring it up Jean. I know you're not unreasonably willful."

Jean laughed and sank into a bench next to a fountain. "Willful? Hardly these days." She sighed.

"You do not have to go back if you do not want to." Laurie sat next to her. Jean shuddered.

"Sir Colin will have the necessary proof. There will be little your Sir Glen can do Laurie. But I thank you for your concern. I've not pleased Sir Colin. I will..."she trailed off sadly for a moment. "I still endeavor to serve him better."

"Jean, it will be impossible to please Sir Colin. You would not the only member of Sir Colin's Manor to find a safe haven here with Sir Glen and I." Laurie rested her head on Jean's shoulder.

Jean only cleared her throat unable to speak. Her minutes of freedom were waning here with Laurie. She only wanted to sit and savor the moment here.

The driveway to Sir Colin's Manor was lined with torches as Sir Colin and Jean stepped onto the paving that would lead them to the main entry. Not one of the windows that looked on the driveway showed any signs of being occupied, though the hour was hardly late by any standards.

"I've been waiting for your return." Sir Colin greeted them; a servant hovered in the shadows nervously behind him. A scroll was hastily shoved towards Sir Glen.

"I trust this should meet with your approval. And I would like my girl back. We have unfinished business." Sir Glen opened the scroll and studied it briefly knowing that there would be nothing he could actually fault with this document nearly instantly.

"Well, thank you Sir Colin for your patience. I do hope that I will see Jean again. She and my Laurie began together as companions, I'm sure they'll enjoy seeing each other more often now that they know where they are."

A forced smile crawled upon Sir Colin's lips. "Of course, but only after I see to Jean's needs."

Sir Glen folded his arms behind his back as he nodded and Jean joined the servant in the shadows. But when it became apparent that Sir Glen wasn't just going to leave, Sir Colin shuddered and dared himself ask one final question. "Is there something I might be able to do for the great Sir Glen?"

"Send your servant and Jean away Sir Colin. I have a business offer for you." Sir Glen cleared his throat to mask his nervousness.

Colin waved his servant and Jean away wondering what cards Sir Glen held. "I never thought you'd come to me? Perhaps it is time that Laurie of yours learn some discipline?" Colin rubbed both hands together expectantly.

Sir Glen swallowed hard trying not to think of Laurie in the hands of the man in front of him and spoke quietly. "I know you better than you think Sir Colin. Jean will now be a burden to you as I know of her and she has someone who will champion on her behalf. Name your price, and you'll be rid of her."

Sir Colin raised an eyebrow at the proposition at hand. He hadn't expected Sir Glen to come crawling to him without a complete offer.

"Why Sir Glen, I had never thought of such an offer before. I'll need some time."

"You know where to find me. I expect an answer by tomorrow." Sir Glen turned away to leave.

When it was clear that Sir Glen had gone, Sir Colin entered his study, finding Jean and his servant waiting for him.

"Put her in the dungeons for the time being." Sir Colin waved them away. He didn't want any distraction while he contemplated the highest price he could take from Sir Glen.

Much to Jean's relief, the dungeons this night were entirely empty. Most of Sir Colin's companions were either recovering from last night in a private wing, or out doing his bidding. Of his original manor, only three or four of Sir Colin's companions has been returned. Combined with the six companions Sir Dylan left, Sir Colin had to make do with less than he had been accustomed to.

Jean found a quiet corner to look out the single window at the stars that night. She found herself drifting to the dreams she used to keep herself sane since Sir Colin had arrived. She closed her eyes, hearing the only voice that reasoned away her worries and helped her survive.

She remembered his cool hands and the way they cupped her face as he drank her kisses. Jean longed for a comforting word that would put this entire nightmare away. But she knew he could not come no matter how much she wished for it. But her memories would suffice this night.

It was ages ago when she first came to Sir Dylan. It was her second week when he finally noticed his new charge and requested her presence alone in his chambers. Until that time, Jean had only seen the doors and heard the throes of pleasure that emanated from behind at all hours of the day. But she found herself inside the lavishly decorated room. Nearly every surface was either velvet or leather. Not even the hand carved tables in the room escaped the personal touch of Sir Dylan's decorating style. She stood near the fireplace, staring in unaware she had taken the hem of her gown in hand and was nervously twisting it in anticipation of Sir Dylan's arrival.

Sir Dylan entered his private rooms alone, mildly startled to see Jean waiting for him there. Some postponed discipline had distracted him, had he remembered Jean would not be in his rooms now, wondering why she had been summoned.

She dropped the hem of her gown wishing she knew something to say or to do at that very instant. Sir Dylan turned and closed the doors behind him and closed the distance between himself and Jean. He sat in a favorite chair and then glanced Jean over. The light cast from the fire cast an ethereal effect. Her skin was creamy and pale. Sir Dylan wanted to feel her: to make sure that she was real. He then noticed her sleep deprived eyes.

"Not sleeping well here my sweet?" he asked putting aside a pair of gloves he had worn while previously occupied.

Jean shook her head sadly, not trusting her voice to come forward. He smiled kindly upon his new charge and patted his lap. She hesitated, never having been this close to a companion previously. He noted it briefly and looked to her waiting for her to comply. And after a moment she did so, sitting as far away as she could.

"I won't hurt you my sweet." He felt relieved knowing that she was real. "No companion worth mentioning will hurt you in my home without good reason."

He took a moment to study the dark shadows under her eyes. "Tell me, you miss someone don't you?" His voice was soft beckoning her to answer him. He pulled her closer to him. She could smell the leather of his cloak that lingered even though she knew it was hanging in the armoire on the other side of the room. She shivered in his embrace.

"I apologize my sweet for not being available the day you came in. I've heard you crying in the hallways. I know you must feel lonely here now, but I'm here for you sweet. In time, you'll not feel so lonely." He stroked her hair though she shook in his arms.

Jean hung her head; a lock of dark hair fell like a veil blocking her view of his graying beard and welcoming smile.

"I am sorry to disturb you with my crying Sir Dylan, I won't do it anymore."

Sir Dylan let out a small sigh. "No my sweet, I did not say that. I know you're unhappy here, but in time it will change. But tonight my sweet, I shall aim to know you better. Have you been taught to serve?"

Jean nodded.

"Very good my sweet. There is a bar next to the bed. I want bourbon. You'll find all you need there." She nodded again. "My sweet, you shall address me as 'Sir Dylan'. All manor owners are either 'Sir' or 'Lady'."

Jean struggled and found her voice, "Yes, Sir Dylan." If he noticed the tremble in her voice, he said nothing as he let her go watching her cross the room, her gown falling, covering, much to his regret, her toned legs.

Tentatively, she selected a glass for his drink. She could feel his stare penetrating her as she considered all the glasses in the lower cabinet that lined the doors. Inside, there were five unlabeled bottles.

Sir Dylan sat in his chair watching her, wishing beyond all hope that she would know the difference between all the selections that lay before her.

It was then, Jean noticed something at the foot of one of the glasses, a small nick. She found that odd, she had never imagined a manor would have anything less than perfect crystal ware. She paused for a moment then selected the imperfect glass from the rows of glasses and placed it on top of the cabinet. A white cloth was folded on top of the cabinet and she used this to carefully polish the glass. She then returned the second task of selecting the appropriate bottle from below.

The five bottles were nearly identical, smoky glass disguised its contents and each was topped with an indistinguishable cork jammed in the narrow mouth of each. Nervously, Jean ran her tongue along the back of her teeth. Swallowing hard and closing her eyes, Jean reached out a hand and picked up one of the bottles and pulled it from its place standing side by side with it's brothers.

To her relief as she poured the contents, it looked as if it might be bourbon as it splashed into the bottom of the glass. She filled it the glass half way and then replaced the cork, returning the bottle to where it had been, three over from the left. She placed the filled glass on a waiting silver tray and then returned with the tray next to Sir Dylan. She bent down next to him, lowering the tray so that he could reach over and pluck the waiting glass from the tray.

She didn't realize as she did so, she provided Sir Dylan with a nice view of her cleavage. He smiled and took the glass.

"Thank you my sweet." He examined the glass briefly with his finger, feeling the small nick. He smiled and then inhaled the scent of the liquid that pooled elegantly in the cool crystal. He drank without hesitation, and the put the glass to the side on a small end table.

"Put the tray down on the floor my sweet." He patted his lap again. She came into his lap, with less hesitation this time.

"Tell me how you chose my sweet." He watched her face flush with embarrassment and then she began to tell him.

"And what did the nick at the bottom of the glass tell you?" he prompted.

"I had hoped it was one you used often Sir Dylan." Her voice warbled in a whisper.

His chuckle rumbled in his chest before exploding as he threw his head back. He reached up and stroked her cheek reassuringly. "My sweet, I drink only bourbon here in my room, the only choice you had to make was the among the crystal. And you did marvelously."

When she turned her head away, he clucked. "No my sweet, turn, let me see your smile." He matched hers with his own.

"I think you'll begin to like it here very soon my sweet." He ran his hand through her hair.

"Get up!" the harsh shadowed voice jolted Jean back to reality. The morning light nearly blinded her as she looked to the door. "Sir Colin wants to see you now."