Tattered Spirits Ch. 07

Story Info
A ceremony and a gauntlet.
847 words
4.5
8.1k
00

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jean followed Laurie reluctantly through the darkened halls, led only by a single white candle. Laurie paused at a heavy carved door waiting for Jean to catch up. Laurie extinguished the solitary glowing flame and took Jean's hand as she pushed the door with all her might. It groaned in protest, but finally opened enough that they could both slip through.

Jean gripped Laurie's hand tighter in the blinding darkness of the room as the door fell shut. Finally, a scratch of a match could be heard and two candles were lit.

Sir Glen came forward and took Laurie to the side, leaving Jean by herself. Illuminated by only the deep casting shadows of one candle, Sir Marcus took her elbow gently leading her to the middle of the room.

Jean looked back to Laurie and Glen. Laurie smiled encouragingly. A nervous shiver ran through Jean as she stepped closer to Sir Marcus, looking up wishing she knew him better.

As she approached the center of the room, she found that the candle sat on a table draped with a black tablecloth, with one place setting. Lady Daire also became more visible.

It was Lady Daire who stepped forward. "I know that Sir Dylan spoke highly of you Jean. He only wished he had not been so foolish as to let you slip from his fingers like sand. With your permission, we'd like to complete what Sir Dylan wanted for you."

"Jean, you are a trusted companion of Sir Dylan, faithful and questing to serve him even better than before. By accepting permanent binding, you shall forever be entwined."

Jean felt a thick metal necklace fall against her skin. Lady Daire spoke again gently. "He had that prepared months before he was replaced by Sir Colin." Jean was certain that even in the dimly lit room that her tears glistened brightly to fill the room with light.

"This is only one part of what Sir Dylan had in mind for you Jean. You may choose to stay with any of the three of us at any time." Sir Glen spoke. "You have all the privileges that you would if Sir Dylan were still here among us. We'll care for you. When you're ready you can let any of us know."

Laurie reached over and squeezed Jean's hand. Sir Glen nodded to Laurie who then led Jean to a staircase at the rear of the room.

As the shadows of the two companions led up the stone staircase danced up the stairs, Sir Marcus asked, "Well what's the next move Sir Glen?"

"We wait for the viper to strike." Sir Glen tossed a candle into the fireplace watching it roar into life. Silently, a trusted servant cleared away the ceremony and moved the chairs back near the fireplace.

Sir Colin was undoubtedly surprised a few weeks later when he received a black envelope. Inside, he found an elegantly scripted invitation, silver type on black cardstock, to one of Sir Glen's formal dinners. Lady Marie looked over rather disdainfully.

"Such a silly man, always sticking to themed parties." She scoffed. "Bound for Honor," she shook her head. "He is loosing his touch with his age."

"Guests are invited to Sir Glen's private dungeons where they may partake in display of pleasure for all to enjoy. Play is restricted to binding." Read Sir Colin with some mild amusement.

"Well, regardless, we cannot disappoint Sir Glen." Mr. Connor said from his shadows by the grandfather clock. "To turn down his invitation means he has conceded to accepting Sir Colin."

"A wise man knows when he is defeated." Sir Colin said pompously. He tossed the card back to the servant who had brought it on a silver tray. "Go to Sir Glen and tell him my hall shall attend."

The entry hall teemed with guests for Sir Glen's eagerly awaited event. There was something very comforting about the full entry hall with all the companions. Sir Glen glanced over the top railing, Laurie on his arm. Gently she squeezed his arm reassuringly. The room glowed with excitement and the diffuse candlelight at each column.

"You know me too well my love." He said trying to mask his nervousness.

"Be careful." She whispered and lightly dusted off his shoulder. He stole one kiss and then led her down the staircase to their guests.

A hush fell over the crowd as they watched the host and his companion descend and join them.

"Ah Sir Glen, your formal dinners always leave me wanting more." Complimented a guest.

"I'm so glad you find them that way." He smiled politely with Laurie on his arm as they led the way into the banquet hall. Sir Marcus and Lady Daire were both in the depths of the vast dungeon maze overseeing the preparations by the Order for the evening's later activities. Confined to only chains tonight, it would prove to be an exercise in creativity for all the Companions who had gathered. It was going to be a long night and Sir Glen was ready for it.