Telepath King Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Because it's not you Thomas." Andie said as she came in startled me.

"That's true Andie my love. But, with this power, why do I have to do the right thing? Teresa keeps saying that the world is mine, mine to take. So, why shouldn't I do that?" I asked. My point was clear and true.

"I say again, because it's not you. From everything we know about you, it's not who you are. You're a good man, an honest and caring man. What you feel is normal. Most Telepaths that learn they have this gift, the first thing they do is start taking. Take, Take, Take. That's all they do because they think that they have the right. It's their God complex." She said. I had to interrupt her at this point.

"But correct me if I'm wrong, am I not a God? I mean, Teresa professes it willingly, even to the point of forcing it down my throat that I am a God. So, if that be the case, why not should I act as a God? Take what I want, yet still be merciful and humble at the same time? Is that not possible?" I asked.

"To be honest Master Thomas, we don't know. As I have told you, there is very little about the last Mishanna. What has been written, cannot be corroborated. So, you are in fact, a first of sorts." Teresa said as she came out of the bathroom, all prim and proper as we all have known her to be.

"Okay, so does that mean I am nothing more than an experiment? Something to be scrutinized? I'm supposed to have this power to do any and all that I desire, yet I can't. If I want to enslave every eighteen year old in New York City, I could. But I'm not allowed to. Is that what this is? Am I something to study for future reference for the next Mishanna?" I asked. Again, all my points were valid.

"It's not like that Thomas. We...." Andie started but I cut her off.

"Look, I'm getting mixed signals here. You call me the Mishanna, you're God amongst Telepaths. You call me Master and you also call me by my given name. I'm not getting straight answers from any side. It's like going through the drive thru, they always fuck you in the drive thru." I said as I turned away from them all and went to where the doctors were going over the girls. In my absence, they spoke amongst each other.

"Madame Teresa, what do we do?" Andie asked.

"I don't know. He's right on all accounts. This is as much a test for him as it is an experiment for us. We know nothing solid of the Mishanna. We only know little bits. We know nothing of how great his power is. Only bits. We don't know rightly how to treat him. Do we treat him like a person with special gifts, or like a king? The problem is, we just don't know." Teresa said as she looked at the ground and then pulled her book out. It was her bible for telepaths, her answer to all questions, except me.

"I think we should stop putting so much pressure on him to do one thing or another. If he is this God you claim him to be, there's nothing you can do to stop him from doing anything that he wants. Let him be him." Lisa said as she left the group with Mandy following.

"She doesn't understand!" Teresa said as she watched the two non-telepaths walk in the direction I went.

"No, they don't. But maybe that's not the problem. I think they understand him more than we do. It's not about his power, or what he will or wont do. It's about him. As the book says, he is to be treated like a King, all his desires met. Maybe we are putting too much pressure on him to be a certain way." Andie said as she wanted to follow, but couldn't bring herself to for fear it would look bad in her Mentor's eyes.

"Maybe. I need to call Joseph. I need to get his advice. See to everything he needs. If its something you can't do, let me know." Teresa said and pulled her cell phone out of her purse. "We will figure this out." She said as she dialed numbers and walked into the library. Andie looked after her and just stood there. She was on un-tread ground as far as she could see, and where to go from here was lost to her. The key was the Master. I was the key. So, what was the problem? She couldn't figure it out and stood there for almost an hour thinking on it, searching her brain for something to let her know what was right. After a while, she gave up and joined me, Lisa and Mandy attending to the girls, making sure they were okay.

12