Tempest City, Cherry Apple Tears Ch. 01

Story Info
Vampire is now mortal again.
969 words
4.4
11.5k
3
0

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/25/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue

Again, she found herself in his arms... Like she has so many times before. It was always a warm safe place to be. He gently caressed her cheek and their eyes meet. She could still see the man she fell so deeply in love with, only a year ago. He could see the longing and sadness he was causing. Slowly his lips grazed across hers, making her smile her innocent smile he loved so much. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer as he deepened this kiss. This was good-bye. She could feel it, even as much as she wished it was their first all over again. He felt her tremble and pulled away to look at her. Quayd saw a crimson tear falling from her jade eyes. Before he could wipe it away, the lights went out and Hala was gone. Leaving Quayd standing there alone consumed by heartbreak.

Chapter 1

Hala wandered the streets of Tempest City... She was so tired of her life; of being told, you have to save the world from this or that. She missed the sun light, living a normal life. Nevertheless, most of all she missed Quayd. How could she have pushed him away like that? What had she been thinking? None of that mattered now, what was done is done. Moreover, he was gone. She was about to just go home when her cell phone rang. "Hello." She said wearily

"Hala, Aden wants to see you now." Anwar said, "It is very important."

"I'll be there in a few." She replied then hung up and turned to walk towards Anwar's apartment. She was only a few streets away. Anwar had a nice little apartment on Fifth and Main. It was just big enough for her and Aden.

Hala was about to knock when the door swung open. "Come in." She heard in the back of her mind. She walked in and went into Aden's bedroom.

"Here." Anwar said as she handed Aden to Hala. "You need to hold him for this." She replied as she walked out of the room.

"Ok...Aden." She said as she held up her nephew to look at him. "What is it I can do for you?"

"No, it is what I can do for you." He replied in her mind. "I know you aren't happy...and to show I am grateful for all your help I will give you back your humanity."

"Will I remember anything of the darker part of my life?" She asked

"You will remember only what I tell you." He replied, "Now set me down." Hala did as she was told, "Hala just lie on the floor and relax...listen to my voice in your mind." Hala laid on the floor listening to the melody in her head. "You will remember your family and mortal friends. You will remember everything from your mortal life, before you ever knew there was a darker world." He paused... Hala thought she heard whispering, "Hala wake up now."

When she opened her eyes, she was laying on Aden's bedroom floor. He was giggling in his walker. "What happened?" She asked as she held her head.

"Oh, there you are." Anwar said as she walked in. "Was he good while I was at work?" She asked Hala had a confused look on her face. "Is something wrong?"

"No...I must have fallen asleep." She replied, "He was an angel." Aden laughed again when she said this.

"Hala don't you have to be heading to work?" Anwar asked

Hala looked at her watch, "I have thirty minutes, but I should be going. I need to stop by my place before I go to the club."

"We'll see you later." She said then asked, "Would you like to come by for lunch?"

"Sure." Hala replied as she walked out. She rubbed her head as she walked down the street. She felt strange...she had the feeling that you get when something is on the tip of your tongue. She shrugged it off as she ran up the stairs to her apartment. She walked in to a big living room, with white walls, deep hunter green ivy for the trim and lacy white curtains. The beauty of the room nearly astounded her. "What is going on with me?" She asked aloud as if she thought some unseen force would answer her. She went to her closet and grabbed her uniform. She was clad in a tight white tank top, which had a black dragon on the front, a short silk black skirt, fishnet stockings, and knee high black boots. She looked in the mirror, but something was different about her. She did not know what it was, but she knew it was something. She rolled her eyes at herself, then pulled her red hair up into a bun, and threw on some make-up. "Shit!" She whispered as she looked at her watch again. She had five minutes.

She was half way there, when she called Robin, "Hello."

"Robin, this is Hala... I am running a little late." She said

"Is something wrong with you tonight? This isn't like you." She said, "You are normally early."

"I don't know I have just been feeling strange today." She replied. "But I am on my way, and will be there in seven minutes.

"That's fine." Robin replied as she hung up.

Just as Hala was walking around the corner to the club, she thought she heard someone coming up behind her fast. However, when she looked back there was nothing more than a big dog that looked a lot like a silver wolf. She jumped when she saw it there staring at her, but to her surprise it did not charge her. "Nice puppy..." She said as she began to walk faster.