Tempus Frangit Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Douglas pulled a long face and reminded me... well, we'd played with the entertainment centre, radio or whatever it was back out our digs, and let's say, these people's idea of good music, wasn't ours. But then again, I'd never been partial to much in the way of most classical music back in our own time. I figured I'd be able to sit through a couple of hours of their... no, lets leave that there, shall we.

Of course Doug and I talked (and walked) for far longer than that, once again I'm just touching the surface here to give you the gist of how our conversation went.

Having strolled in a large circle in the park, the two of us finally returned to forecourt where Ciera, Chaise, Myra and the other young woman were waiting for us. I was still hungry for information and had decided that I was most likely to wangle it out of Chaise than anyone else.

"Chaise!" I called out as we approached, "I was very short with you earlier, I need to apologise to you and make recompense. We were told that there's a recital this evening, would you please do me the honour of accompanying us to it?"

I must admit that Chaise looked somewhat taken aback by the invitation, and Ciera... well we've all seen a female who's had her nose put out of joint; God did she look jealous!

"Oh, you're welcome as well, Ciera," I added, hoping that she would not accept the invitation.

Feeling spurned I suppose -- as some females are want to – Ciera declined my invitation, explaining that she had a previous engagement for the evening. The expression on Chaise's face informed me that my prospective suitor had just told me a little fib.

"Oh, Myra, what about you? Douglas was a little short with you today. How's your calendar for this evening?"

I'm not sure who was most surprised at that request, Myra or Douglas. Whatever, after a moment's hesitation, Myra said that she would be delighted to come along.

Douglas and I travelled back to our digs alone. Well except for the two yellow dummies seated in the rear of the golf cart do-what's-it. But they were far enough away not to hear us if we kept our voices down.

"Jesus, what are the girls going to say about those two tagging along with us this evening?"

"If by girls, you're talking about Sylvia and Rose, Douglas? I very much fear that they will not be coming with us this evening. I suspect they will come home and inform us they have alternative plans; which might or might not include you and I. But we need to find out who's in the driving seat here. Lay it on the line and discover whether they will choose to come with us to the recital, or go off with whoever has invited them elsewhere. We need to see how far they intend to push their luck."

"But if they..."

"Yes, and then we will inform them that two can play at that game. But first we... I intend to inform Sylvia that she has definitely over-stepped the mark for what I consider reasonable behaviour for a married woman. Or one who thinks she's going to remain my wife, anyway!

"Christ, things were bad enough last night, them disappearing off with those wankers all-day without a word. No mate, no woman is going to walk all over my pride like that, and remain my wife."

Douglas did not reply, he went very quiet and stared down at his hands for the rest of the journey.

Me, I found myself politely nodding to numerous people dressed in purple for most of the rest of the journey.


Termini Capitulus III