Tennessee Whiskey Ch. 01

Story Info
His mistakes might've cost him the love of his life.
5.2k words
4.61
26.5k
43
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Forty-nine and a half months locked away in that hell hole of Tennessee Correction Academy. I took a deep breath the moment I stepped out of the security gates. Although, it was the same I breathe on the yard, it seemed a little different. It was free air.

I boarded a van that took me to the bus station an hour away. All I had with me was a folder with my information and the $250.15 I made working in the auto shop while serving time.

I had to do something different with my life. Four years gave me a lot to think about. The streets no longer appealed to me. They had abused me, used me and then sent my ass off to prison. Taking me away from my family and my girl, Naomi. The sweetest girl in the world.

I remember the tears that streamed down her beautiful face when they sentenced me. She loved me more than I loved myself. I failed her and left her all alone. All because of a stupid mistake I made. I spoke to her two days before they sentenced me.

"If they give me the max, I need you to move on and forget about me. Live your life."

"Sean, what they hell are you talking about? You are my life. I will wait for you no matter how much time they give you."

"Baby, I don't want that kind of life for you. I messed up, not you. You shouldn't be a casualty for my bullshit."

"But...I can't live without you. "She sniffled.

"I love you way too much to have you put your life on hold waiting for me to get out. You're too smart for that. I've already held you up enough. I don't need you to be my ride or die. I need you do what's best for you. I'll be okay." I fought like hell to keep my voice from shaking as tears welled up in my eyes.

We sacrificed a lot to be together. Our family's disapproval. The looks and stares we got from complete strangers. Rumors and gossip plagued our entire relationship from the beginning. We were determined, and we were fell love.

I was never sure what Naomi saw in this white boy from the trailer park in poorest part of the city. Especially since she came from the suburbs. Her father was the pastor of one of the biggest churches in the city and was well respected all over Tennessee.

We met at an open mic night at Jimmy's. The first thing I noticed about her was her huge afro. Next was the rich hazel nut tone of her skin. She wasn't what you would typically see in an old country bar, but there she was. Gorgeous. I watched her as she swayed to the music, singing along to a Kenny Chesney song word for word. I was mesmerized by the curves of her body. Her jeans looked painted on. She had the perfect heart shaped butt. Not too big, but not small either. Just enough to grab a hold of.

I usually wasn't attracted to black girls; aside from Halle Berry and Beyonce. It was something about her. I had to get to know her. I sought my chance when she made her way over to the bar. She ordered a shot of whiskey. She tossed it back with no recoil. It was one of the hottest things I've ever seen a woman do.

"Drinking away your sorrows?"

She looked at me with big brown eyes. "You talking to me?"

"Yes, who else would I be talking to?"

She shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

"I'm drinking away my nerves." She signaled for the bartender to give her another shot.

"Why are you nervous?"

"I'm up next." She downed the shot.

"You're a singer?"

"Aren't we all?" She pointed to my guitar laying against the bar.

I nodded my head. "My name's Sean." I held my hand out. She accepted it.

"I'm..."

She was cut off by the host. "Naomi Clark, come to the stage."

"That's me."

"Good luck."

"Thank you." She weaved her way through the crowd. Once onstage, the audience was silent. She sat on a stool.

"Hi y'all this is my first time doing something like this. I'm a church girl and sang in choirs all my life., so this is quite different for me. I have an oldie but goody. It's my rendition of Kitty Wells 'Makin' Believe'.

There were a few cheers, but it was mostly silent. She began singing and you could hear a collective gasp fall over the room. Her voice was so smooth and soulful. She captivated the whole room. She sung with so much passion and conviction. One the last not the small bar erupted with applause.

She stood and placed her hand over her hear. Her smile spread from ear to ear.

"Wow Naomi that was amazing. You did the late great Kitty Wells absolute justice. Give it up for Naomi Clark everyone." The host said hugging her. She got a standing ovation.

They played house music when she exited the stage. She was stopped by a few people who complimented her performance. A few of them even took picture with her. She made her way back to the bar where I was still seated. I clapped my hands.

"Wow superstar. That was the best rendition I've ever heard. You did your thing."

"Thank you." Was she blushing?

"You're welcome. Another shot of whiskey on me?"

"Sure."

"I would hate to be the guy to have to follow after that."

"Hey, Sean where's your rowdy ass at? It's your turn bud."

"I so hate this." I said grabbing my guitar.

Her eyes widen once she realized it was me they were calling.

She giggled, "Good luck, cowboy."

I ran up on stage and sang the hell out of Eric Church's 'Drink in My Hand' The bar was jumping and folks dancing. I spotted Naomi, she moved closer to the stage. She raised a bottle of water and sung along with me. Her body moved with fluidity. I was smitten.

We were inseparable after that night. It started off as a friendship with music being our mutual interest. We jammed together. We even preformed a few times at 'Jimmy's' together.

My friends were always questioning me on why I preferred to hang out with a her instead of them. It was simple. She was an escape from the poverty-stricken environment I grew up in. She didn't treat me like a bum or trouble maker. She treated me like a human. Like I was someone in this world. She made me feel good. Better than the crowds I performed in front of.

Last, I heard, Naomi moved to Cleveland with her mother and started college a year after I was locked up. I missed her like crazy. I still dream about her. Her face was a reminder to stay out of trouble. She wrote me a few times. I didn't open them. I was afraid of appearing weak in front of my fellow inmates. I was happy she took my advice and moved on, even if it hurt like hell to do so.

A couple months after my release from prison, I was doing well for myself. My uncle, Fred gave me a job at his auto shop detailing cars. It wasn't a lot of money, but it was enough for me to get a studio apartment near downtown Nashville.

I was sitting at the bus stop contemplating if I wanted to head home or stop at a bar to get a few drinks.

"Hey Cowboy, you need a ride?" A familiar voice sung to me.

I looked up and standing across the street was an image to behold. There she was in a black dress and heels. Her hair was bone straight and hung pass her shoulders. She was leaning against a parked silver Ram 2500.

My heart sped up. It couldn't be. I jogged across the street.

"Naomi?"

"In the flesh."

I was in awe. She was even more beautiful than I remembered.

"What no hug?" She smiled.

I lift her up and hugged me around my neck. God, she felt so good in my arms. She smelled like warm vanilla. I put her down, but I still held onto her.

"You look amazing."

"Thank you. You look good too. I ran into your cousin, Terri at the grocery store. She told me you've were home and you were working for Fred. I stopped by his shop and he said you just left. I almost didn't recognize you. You're jacked and shit." She touched my bicep.

"Four years in there, all I did was workout and write music."

A flash of sadness crossed her face. She ran her finger through my blond locks. It had grown out pass my shoulders.

"I'm glad you're out of that place. You're too good of a person to be locked away like an animal."

"You seemed to be the only person believed that."

"I still do."

I wanted to kiss her. I wanted her to be mine again; pick up where we left off.

"Where are you headed? I can give you a lift." She wiggled out of my arms looking around.

"I got a little studio apartment downtown. I don't want to put you out the way.

"You won't be. I was heading that way anyway."

We got into her truck. She navigated the stick shift like a pro. Memories flooded back of when I was teaching her how to drive a five speed and how nervous she was. She was a horrible student. I laughed out loud.

"What's funny?"

"Remember that time we were in Danny's truck and I was teaching you how to switch gears and you accidently pushed the accelerator and went flying over that dirt hill."

"How could I forget? I almost killed us when we hit the bottom." She laughed. "Danny was pissed I messed up the front end of his truck. He didn't care we almost went through the windshield. I had to work double shifts all summer to pay him back."

"He loved that beat up Ford."

"More than his mama." She added.

"But not more than his dog, Shelby." We said at the same time, cracking up.

"Is that damn dog still alive?"

"Yup. Shelby is still kicking and mean as hell."

"God. I hated that dog. I think her ass was racist."

I laughed so hard I snorted.

"Ha! I haven't heard that sound in a long time. I missed it."

I almost forgot how good it felt to laugh with her. She made everything so easy and simple.

"I miss having something to laugh at."

We arrived at my complex way too soon. She parked and killed the engine. We sat in silence. So many things were going unsaid.

"I'm not ready to say goodbye, yet. You want to come in to have a drink and catch up."

"I can't. I mean it's not a good idea."

"Why not?"

She gripped the steering wheel tighter. For the first time I saw the ring on her left hand.

Of course, she was married. Why wouldn't she be?

"You're married." My heart dropped.

"Engaged."

"When's the wedding?"

"Two months."

"Congratulations."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." I reached for the door handle. "It was nice seeing you again, Naomi."

"Yeah, same here Sean. I'm glad you're home."

"Me too. Drive safe." I got out.

She nodded. I shut the door. We made eye contact. I began walking up the walkway to my building when I heard a horn honk. I turned around she rolled her window down.

"Just one drink." She said.

I smiled and waved her in.

"I know it's small." I said when she entered and began looking around.

"Yes, but it is all yours and you've decorated very nicely."

"Thank you. What would you like to drink? I have soda, water, beer, whiskey, and apple juice."

"A shot of whiskey and water would nice."

"Sure thing. Whiskey still your favorite spirit?"

"You know it."

We sat at my small dining room table.

"I thought you were in Cleveland?"

"I was up until six months ago. I moved back down here to help daddy with the church."

"You met your fiancé here?"

"You remember Patrick Rogers?"

"Yeah the weirdo that followed you around the church like a puppy dog.?"

She laughed, "Well..."

"No way. That's who you're marrying? Get out of here. He finally wore you down."

"You can say that."

"Wow that guy was so strange. How is he?"

"He's great. He actually gearing up to be your next mayor of Greenville in November."

"Really? Good for him. You ready to become a first lady?"

"It's a lot of pressure. I must be perfect twenty-four seven. Between being the famous Bishop Otis Clark's daughter and being the fiancé of the city's future mayor, my life is under a microscope. Any wrong move will be newsworthy."

"Damn that sucks. Are you still singing and writing?"

"Hardly. The only singing I'm now is in the choir stands. Any free time I have now is dedicated to this campaign. How about you? Have you been doing any open mics since coming home?"

She tossed back the shot. I poured her another.

"No, I've been busy working and staying out of trouble."

"I commend you for staying out of trouble, but music has always been your first love. You're so talented. It would be an absolute shame to waste your God givin' gift."

"I can say the same to you. We used to shut Jimmy's down on Thursday nights."

"We had some wild nights there. Remember that song we wrote together, but we never finished. It was going to be our breakout single. It was so beautiful. The melody plays in my head all the time."

"That song has haunted me my entire stay at the Academy. I couldn't finish it without you." I went over to the wall and picked up my Fender. I sat on the edge of my bed and tuned it up. I played the melody to our song. She stood up and took her heels off.

"Yeah that's it." She closed her eyes and began sway back and forth, letting the notes invade her soul.

She began singing, "If the world was to believe that what we share wasn't meant to be. Then it would be just you and me against the world. And if our friends and family couldn't bear to see us both happy. Then it will be just you and me against the world."

I was mesmerized by sensual tone of her voice. I missed it so much.

She walked over to me and sat beside me. I sung my part looking into her brown eyes. "They could say what they want but it will never change my views. 'Cause they'll never know you the way that I know you. See I'm trying to share the rest of my whole life with you and if we got to be alone, so be it baby. If they can't understand our love, then we don't need them baby. We can go against the whole world. Even if our friends turn on us. Even if our family turns on us. That's alright. 'Cause as long as we got each other baby then we can make it baby through whatever.

She took the guitar from my hands and placed it against the wall. She returned to me straddling my lap. She brought her lips to mine.

Her kiss tasted like the whiskey we were drinking. At first, I was paralyzed by this unexpected change of events. I dreamed about this moment for so long I wasn't sure how to react, but when her tongue snuck its way into my mouth I began to respond.

I pulled her closer to me. She groaned in my mouth. We made out, tongues exploring. Her dress riding up her thighs. My hand found its way to the bared flesh. My thumb making circles on the silky skin of her inner thigh. I moved it a little higher, but she stopped me by grabbing my hand. She stood up straightening her dress. She looked regretful.

"Shit...I'm sorry Mimi. I didn't mean to..."

"Ssh..." She cut me off. She ran her fingers through her hair, biting her bottom lip. "We can't do this."

"No, we can't." I shook my head agreeing with her.

"I want to."

I raised an eyebrow.

"We can't though."

Disappointed, but understanding. "We don't have to. This never happened."

"I should go."

"You don't have to." I jumped up. "We can just talk." I wasn't ready for her to leave.

"Yes, I do because if I don't I might do something I'll regret."

"You're right, I don't want you to regret anything we do." I touched the side of her face, tracing her bottom lip with my thumb. She sucked it between her plump lips. I was instantly hard. Reminding me of the freaky things we use to do. I could tell she had the same thoughts when she got that far away look in her eyes.

She released my digit and licked her lips.

"Stay."

She said nothing. Instead she turned her back to me. I thought she was going to leave until she moved hair to one side and pointed at the nape of her neck. "Unzip me please."

If I didn't think it would be a turn off, I would've jumped up and down. I pulled down the tiny zipper until it stopped right above the swell of her ass. I was mesmerized by every inch of revealed skin.

"I know you've been away for a while, but surely you haven't forgotten how to properly undress a lady."

I smirked, "No ma'am, I haven't." I peeled back the fabric and she assisted me by pulling her arms the holes. The dress remained at her waist. My hands moved up the smoothness of her feminine back. She shuddered and moaned. I dropped down to my knees. I hooked my hands into the sides of the dress pulling downward. It barely moved. How he hell did she get this dress over her ass?

She giggled realizing my dilemma. "I wiggle; you pull."

The fabric gave way. She stepped out of the dress.

"Oh Mimi." She wore a pair of lacey black thongs that framed her heart shaped ass perfectly. I wanted to bury my entire between those cheeks. Something else caught my attention. Underneath the waist band on her left hip there was a colorful tattoo that I never seen before. I pulled it down to get a better look. I touched the slightly raised skin.

"I got it a week before your sentence hearing. It was supposed to be a surprise when you got out, but then... you know."

It was a tattoo of a cowboy hat surrounded by roses and on the brim of the hat had the initials S.E. for 'Sean Elroy'

"Corny, right?"

I couldn't form words. An overwhelming emotion consumed me. The tattoo proved the devotion she had to me back then. She loved me, probably more than my own mother. I didn't deserve her.

"Sean?"

She turned around. She tilts her head to the side. She reached down and cupped my face. I turned my head and kissed her palm.

"I'm sorry for being a fuck up and breaking your heart, peach. My intension was to never cause you any pain."

"You don't have to explain anything to me."

"No, I have to say this. I thought I was protecting you."

"From what?" Her voice cracked.

"From me. I was making the same stupid choices over and over. I was dragging you down with me. You deserved better than me. Even now I don't feel worthy of you. Look at me now, convincing you to cheat on, Patrick. I'm no good Mimi."

"Sean." She said coming down to her knees leveling with me. "I'm not perfect. I've made plenty of mistakes on my own. You didn't have to convince me to do anything. I did them willingly. I loved you despite your faults. You're not a bad guy. You're sweet, caring, talented smart and you have the biggest heart of any man I've ever known. I just wish you saw what I saw." She grabbed my hand. "I forgave you a long time ago. All you have to do now is forgive yourself."

Still she was my peace. After all this time she still knew the exact words to calm my soul. The reason to my chaos.

"Sean?"

"Yes."

"Make love to me for old time sakes."

I took her lips possessively. Her fingers were in my hair. I undid her strapless bra. Pulling it from her body. Her breast are a little bigger than I remembered, but they were just as beautiful caramel topped with Hershey kiss nipples. I bent down and took one into my mouth, laving it with my tongue and sucking on it gently.

"Mm yes baby." She moaned. I moved to the other one giving it some attention too.

Naomi hands were all over me. Pulling my shirt over my head.

"Gosh darn 'it." She gasped touching my ink riddled chest. She leaned in and started kissing me on my neck and down my chest. Her fingers worked on my belt buckle pulling it free. Next came the button to my shorts. Once enough room was provided, she reached into my briefs and found me hard and ready. She moaned. I kissed her while she stroked me. The feeling had gotten too much, so I stopped her. She pouted.

I leaned her back on the white carpet. I stared into her wild brown eyes. Still hypnotic. I started at the middle of her chest and kissed down her body over her cute belly button. She giggled. I continued downward. I caught a whiff of her scent. I almost came from her smell alone. I touched her over her panties. It was saturated in her juices. I pulled them down her long legs. I tossed them on my bed. They were mine now. She spread her legs for me revealing her pretty, brown shaved nether lips with the pink insides. I settled between her thighs. Getting comfortable so I could feast.

12