Texas Heat

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I only managed to sleep for a little while and I was glad she stayed with me, holding me close. I willed myself to be strong. This was a toxic relationship, I knew that. It would go no where fast. I knew that too. I had to let it go. Bruce was a much better choice for me.

When I finally stirred up enough courage to say something to her, she shifted away from me, stood, and began to dress. I swallowed a few times.

"I can't see you anymore," I croaked out.

She looked at me as she pulled on her jeans. "Yea, I kinda figured."

"It's just that—"

"It's okay Evelyn. I fucked up."

I felt something welling up inside of me and I was trying desperately not to cry in front of her. It wasn't working.

"Dee—"

She silenced me with a look. Then I watched as she approached the bed and leaned down to kiss my forehead, holding my face gently between those calloused hands of hers. She just stared at me for a moment. Then she closed her eyes briefly before focusing those intense dark eyes on me again.
"I want you to be happy Evelyn. You deserve that. And I'm not sure I'm the person that can give you that. So I get it, okay?"

I nodded and she wiped the tears from my cheeks, staring at me for a moment longer before leaning in to kiss my forehead again.

"Goodnight, Princess," she whispered in that deep, sexy voice of hers. Then she was gone.

I married Bruce six months later.