Text Addiction

Story Info
Hubby follow his wife's adventure through text messaging.
5.1k words
3.83
59.9k
51
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My wife Patty and I are addicted to texting each other. Although both of us have access to e-mail -- me at work and Patty at home -- it's a lot more efficient to force ourselves to keep our messages to 160 characters. And, while I have to be careful about sending and receiving suggestive e-mails from my office computer, we don't have that problem texting back and forth on our cell phones and we sometimes get into long "conversations" that way. It's amazing what you can fit in 160 characters, and how quickly you can do it, when you both have full screen keyboards. We have even gone so far with our game that we will text each other while we're sitting together at a table at a restaurant, or next to each other at a bar. We'll have a "secret" -- and often quite naughty -- conversation on our cell phones while we are talking about the weather, work or anything else. It's fun.

Patty is a stunningly beautiful and voluptuous brunette, a dozen years younger than me. I know that her greatest asset is her gorgeous face and her intelligence and quick wit, but she also has an incredible cleavage that she shows off at every opportunity. Guys are always checking her out and she can be a bit flirtatious, which makes me both proud and jealous, and very turned on, all at the same time. Several years ago we decided to have an "open marriage" and even though our busy lives leave very few practical opportunities to follow through, we have (well, Patty mostly has) had a number of "adventures" over the years.

With all of that having been said, on to my little tale.

We recently took a long-weekend vacation to San Diego. We had earned free airline tickets by sitting through a 2-hour timeshare sales pitch so we didn't mind having only two days to ourselves. Besides, it was snowing back home, so a couple of days anywhere even a little warmer was welcome. We flew in on Thursday early evening and were surprised at how gorgeous and summer-like the weather was. After a late dinner in the hotel restaurant, we decided to take advantage of the unseasonable warmth and take a dip in the outdoor pool. It was already almost 10 o'clock but the pool area was fairly crowded, with a handful of people in the hot tub, a couple of dozen in the water and more sitting around on the deck chairs or at the meal tables. Luckily, everyone seemed to be at least in their 20s and older. No "other peoples' kids" to deal with.

Patty and I played together in the water for awhile but I am not a very good swimmer -- I can barely dog paddle. So, as usually happens, we'll "swim" for awhile and jump in the hot tub for awhile and then Patty will do a couple of laps to relax her before we have a cigarette and head up to our room. That night was no exception. I relaxed in the lounge chair, enjoying the warm spring evening, and Patty jumped into the pool and started swimming toward the far end. I wasn't paying much attention because I had started playing with my cell phone. I was trying to come up with a suggestive text message that I hoped might lead to a naughty "conversation" and some fun when we got back to the room. Although we WERE pretty tired from the flight.

I looked up from my phone and noticed that Patty was sitting at the far end of the pool -- the 9-foot deep end -- with her feet dangling in the water and talking to someone. It appeared to be a man with dark hair who was in the water and was holding on to the ledge next to her. They were too far away so I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I took no particular notice of it as Patty will strike up a conversation with anyone at any time about anything. I went back to my texting. I kept starting messages and erasing them; I guess I WAS pretty tired after all. A few minutes later I looked up again and noticed that my wife and the guy she was talking with had traded places -- she was now in the water and he had climbed out and was sitting on the deck at the edge of the pool. At least it looked like the same guy but I couldn't tell for sure without my glasses. Which I had left up in the room.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that she had started swimming toward the shallow end where I was sitting. The guy she'd been talking to seemed to have disappeared. Her head popped out of the water and she asked me to get her towel. I helped her out of the pool and she suggested we have a smoke before going to our room. She was toweling off so she didn't notice that I was typing on my cell phone.

When she sat down and lit her cigarette, we started two conversations.

"So, how are you doing?" I asked as I pressed "SEND" and slipped my phone into my jeans pocket.

ME (10:04)SO WHOS YOUR FRIEND?

"Great" she replied. Then she heard her phone beep, looked at me and smiled. She read my message and started typing a reply. She said, absent-mindedly "isn't it beautiful here?"

PATTY (10:05)NOBODY JUST A GUY I WAS TALKING TO

"Hope it's nice out tomorrow" I responded. We were planning a drive to tour the wine country.

ME (10:06)ABOUT WHAT?

"I saw the forecast while we were in line at the front desk ... it's supposed to be sunny," she said.

PATTY (10:07)JUST CHIT CHAT, NICE WEATHER & STUFF

"Who was that you were talking to," I asked.

"His name is Carlo," she answered. "He's with that sales group, you know, all those crazy people running around the lobby when we got here?"

ME (10:08)SO WHY DO YOU LOOK ALL FLUSTERED?

"What company are they from again?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. He told me the name but he had a thick accent I was having trouble understanding him," she replied. "He said he's from Italy or somewhere."

ME (10:09)"OR SOMEWHERE"? YOU GET FLUSTERED WHEN YOU GET HIT ON BY A GUY FROM "SOMEWHERE"?

She DID look flustered when she read my message.

PATTY (10:10)IM NOT FLUSTERED YOU ASS! HE WAS NOT HITTING ON ME OK SO HE WAS CUTE & HIS ACCENT WAS HOT & YES FROM ITALY

ME (10:11)SO WHAT WERE U TALKING ABOUT?"

"Do you wanna eat breakfast here tomorrow?" she asked, changing the subject.

PATTY (10:12)MAYBE U DON'T WANT 2 KNOW

"Sure, why not ... it'll save us time."

ME (10:13)WHAT? TELL ME

"Did you look at the menu?" she asked. Then I saw Patty look up and I followed her gaze across the pool. Carlo was standing there with a towel around his shoulders. I could see he was quite tan and was wearing white trunks, but I couldn't get a decent look at him. Patty sure was staring at him though.

The hot tub was right near the door to the hotel lobby, at the corner of the pool opposite where we were sitting. So, if Carlo was headed to the hot tub or going into the building, he would have had maybe a 30 foot walk. But instead he made his way completely around the pool, which meant he had to walk right past us. I watched him as he approached. He never made eye contact with me, but he sure paid attention to my wife. As he passed, he smiled at her and said "gooda night Pattee nice to meet you." Patty replied with a giggly "you too ... see ya."

I admit that when Patty called Carlo "hot" I had a momentary feeling that he was probably just "okay" but that she was just trying to make me jealous. But, after he walked by I had to admit she was, if anything, underestimating him. He was medium height with longish dark hair. He was well built -- "sculpted" but not "buff" and had noticeably white teeth. He only had a little bit of chest hair. His wet trunks were clinging to his body and, although i only glanced at it quickly, I noticed that the wet material seemed to nicely outline what appeared to be a fairly substantial "package."

She watched him until he reached the hot tub and climbed in. Then she looked at me and sighed.

"Getting late," she said "let's go in."

I nodded and we gathered our clothes and towels. Patty walked ahead of me. We also could have gone around the other side of the pool but she took the longer path that led past the hot tub. When we passed, Carlo looked up at her with his flashy smile and said "Ciao." To which my wife replied "Ciao" and then giggled again. Again he didn't even acknowledge my presence.

I was dying to know what she had refused to tell me about their brief conversation, but carrying towels, jeans and riding in an elevator is not particularly conducive to texting, so as soon as the doors closed I asked her.

"Why did you say that I wouldn't want to know what you and Carlo talked about?" I asked.

"Oh," she laughed. "I guess I didn't want to try and tell you in a text, that's all." But she paused, long enough that I had to prompt her to continue.

She started to reply, but by this time we had reached our floor and she whispered "I'll tell you when we get back to the room."

Of course, it was all I was thinking about as we walked down the long corridor to our room, unlocked the door and put our things down. She immediately went to use the bathroom. I heard my phone buzz. Of course it was Patty. As I mentioned, she and I have held some lengthy text conversations while sitting in the next room from each other, or even in the same room together. We thought it was fun.

PATTY (10:29):OK U WANNA KNOW? WE INTRODUCED RSELVES & RIGHT AWAY HE ASKED ABOUT U & I TOLD HIM AND HE SAID 2 BAD YOU R MARRIED I WAS GOING 2 ASK YOU 2 GO IN HOT TUB W/ ME

PATTY (10:30):THEN HE SAID "JUST LIKE MY WOMEN FRIEND SAY ALL THE GOOD ONES ARE TAKEN"

PATTY (10:31):ACTUALLY HE SAID ALL THE "HOT ONES" ARE TAKEN ;)

ME (10:32):AND?

This was getting interesting. I waited a minute or two and was about to text her again when she opened the bathroom door part way and I could hear the water running. She was actually brushing her teeth and getting ready for bed. I got up and poked my head through the open bathroom door. When she turned the water off I said

"So, you didn't respond to my last text message."

She giggled and said "oh, I thought it might be just easier if I just told you."

"So, tell me," I replied.

"Ok," she said. "But AFTER you get ready for bed."

So I began washing up and she closed the bathroom door. I was excited by the thought of Carlo trying to pick my wife up and looking forward to the rest of the story. Suddenly, the bathroom door flew open and Patty handed me my cell phone. "I think you have a message," she winked.

PATTY (10:40):I SAID IF WE NOT SO TIRED FROM FLYING HE WDNT HAVE 2 ASK TWICE

ME (10:42):PRETTY OUTRAGEOUS

PATTY (10:43):DUH! & HE ASKED WHAT ABOUT U & I SAID U WOULD NOT MIND & HE LOOKED AT ME FUNNY & HE SAID 2 BAD I PICKD WRONG NITE 2 ASK

ME (10:44):THAT'S ALL?

PATTY (10:45):DON'T INTERRUPT

I waited patiently while she composed another message.

PATTY (10:47):THEN HE SAID MAYBE WE CAN HAVE A DRINK TOMORROW NIGHT AND I SAID MAYBE AND HE SWAM AWAY.

ME (10:48):ANYTHING ELSE?

She was lying in bed and she called out "NO, that's all he said. Now finish up in there and come to bed."

I put my cell phone down. That was all the texting we were going to be doing that evening.

I turned out the light and slipped between the covers, where Patty had already gotten comfortable. She was lying on her side facing away from me and as I cuddled up against her I nuzzled her ear and whispered "I suppose if I hadn't been there you would have gotten in the hot tub with him?" If the lights had been on when she replied I'm sure I would have seen a mischievous grin on her face.

"Of course. I just couldn't figure out a way to get rid of you!" she giggled.

"You don't have to ask twice," I giggled back.

She turned and faced me and we started kissing. I could feel my dick start to rise. We kissed for couple of minutes then I asked her if she was planning to have a drink with Carlo on Friday night. She laughed and teasingly whispered "I'll have to think about it!"

"Bitch," I whispered.

"No, just a slut" she giggled.

"Yeah," tell me about it!" I responded.

She didn't tell me about it. As it turned out, I was the one who told HER about it. I grabbed her wrist and slid her hand between her legs. She grabbed my finger and made me feel how wet she was. I, of course, was hard as the proverbial rock and started stroking my own self. So, while we each touched ourselves I lay my head on the pillow next to her and whispered in her ear, telling her an entire made-up story about some guy whose name, coincidentally, was "Carlo" and who invited her to join him and several of his good-looking friends for a little party the pool, where they proceeded to force her to satisfy each of them repeatedly on the pool deck while other hotel guests were strolling by or sitting and watching. That led us both to explosive orgasms after which we fell soundly and contentedly asleep.

The next day -- Friday -- was everything we had hoped it would be. After a day driving around in the wine country we returned to the hotel in the late afternoon and took a dip in the pool, followed by a nap and a shower and then a short drive to a fantastic Italian restaurant for a sumptuous dinner. I wanted Chinese but Patty insisted on having Italian and I teased her about that. We didn't finish eating until about 9 and decided to return to the hotel and possibly have a nightcap at the bar before turning in. It had been a long day.

The bar area was quite large and fairly crowded, mostly with people from the sales convention. It was quite a noisy group. Almost all the tables were occupied but we noticed two seats at the end of the bar. We grabbed the, sat down and ordered the usual Absolut & Tonic for her and Jack & Coke for me.

We continued our conversation from dinner and on the ride back to the hotel, talking about things married people talk about, like home improvement projects, out next vacation, and the like. After about 15 minutes, Patty excused herself to use the ladies' room and I took the opportunity to do some people watching. I noticed a guy at the far end of the bar, talking with a group of his friends. The lighting was uneven and I had to squint a bit to determine that it was Carlo from the night before. I thought he looked over toward me but it was hard to tell. I was wondering if he had noticed us when Patty returned and sat down.

I continued our "normal" conversation but I had slipped my cell phone out of my pocket. I looked at Patty and winked as I composed a text message and hit the send button.

ME (9:44):DID YOU NOTICE WHOS SITTING OVER AT THAT TABLE?

.PATTY (9:45):YES!

ME (9:46):I BET YOU DID. SO YOU THINK HE'S HOT?

PATTY (9:47):WAY HOT! YUM!!

We were sitting at the bar and Patty had her back to the area where Carlo was sitting.

ME (9:49):HE KEEPS LOOKING OVER HERE AT YOU

PATTY (9:50):PROBABLY WAITING FOR U TO LEAVE SO HE CAN COME OVER & TALK 2 ME.

ME (9:52):DONT THINK SO HES WITH A BUNCH OF PEOPLE LOOK LIKE PEOPLE FROM HIS COMPANY SOME PRETTY HOT BABES THERE

PATTY (9:53):WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT REMARK?

ME (9:54):NOTHING HONEY. SO YOU THINK IF I WASNT HERE HED COME OVER AND TALK TO YOU?

She got a devilish smile on her face.

PATTY (9:56):IF YOU LEFT RIGHT NOW I BET HE'D BE OVER HERE HITTING ON ME IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES

I had to think about this for a bit. She was probably right, I thought. And, the idea of excusing myself to see if Carlo would take the bait was very intriguing. I was about to reply but Patty laid down the gauntlet by immediately sending another text.

PATTY (9:59):I BET 5 MINUTES

ME (10:00):YOU SEEM EAGER

PATTY (10:00):WELL DO WE BET OR NOT?

ME (10:02):REALLY EAGER, OK I BET IF IM GONE FOR 5 MINUTES EVEN 10 MINUTES HE WILL NOT COME OVER TO TALK TO YOU

PATTY (10:03):I STILL SAY FIVE MINUTES OR LESS

I said, out loud, "I have to use the mens' room." Patty smiled. As soon as I got out of sight, I texted her

ME (10:05):FIVE MINUTES STARTING NOW 10:05

PATTY (10:05):OK SEE YOU LATER YOUR GONNA LOSE THIS BET!

I went to the men's room and tried to take my time, but five minutes goes by pretty slowly when you are supposed to be giving your wife time to get hit on. Well, five minutes WAS the bet, so at 10:08, I was about to head back toward the bar when my phone buzzed.

PATTY (10:10):I WIN!

I caught my breath. "Holy shit," I thought as my heart started to beat a little faster.

ME (10:11):WHAT'S GOING ON?

PATTY (10:12):CAME OVER RIGHT AWAY I JUST WAITED 5 MINUTES 2 MAKE U SQUIRM HE OFFERED TO BUY ME A DRINK

ME (10:12):AND?

PATTY (10:13):YOU DIDN'T TELL ME I WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY NO

ME (10:13):YOU SAID YES?

PATTY (10:14):THAT'S WHAT U SAY WHEN U DON'T SAY NO, DUMMY

ME (10:15):WHERE DOES HE THINK I WENT?

PATTY (10:17):UP TO OUR ROOM I TOLD HIM ABOUT OUR BET AND THAT I AM TEXTING YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE OK

ME (10:17):SERIOUSLY?

PATTY (10:19):ARE YOU GOING TO THE ROOM? I MEAN YOU'RE WELCOME TO JOIN US FOR A DRINK IF YOU WANT

"Hmmmmm," I thought, "now THAT would be interesting." But I didn't want to spoil Patty's chance ... and MY chance ... to have a quite memorable evening.

ME (10:20):NO HONEY THANKS FOR THE OFFER I AM KIND OF TIRED THINK I GO UP TO ROOM AND LIE DOWN

PATTY (10:21):OK HONEY HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER BYE ;)

I made my way toward the elevator then had a thought. The Bar was made to look like an English pub and it had large wooden doors with stained glass inserts. I thought I might be able to get a look at what was going on with my wife and Carlo. I peeked through a clear panel of glass on the door and they were straight in front of me. I was amazed at Patty. She was laughing at something and had her hand on Carlo's leg and leaned forward to whisper something in his ear. And, I couldn't say for sure but it looked like she had one less button buttoned on her shirt than when I had left for the men's room. This was no more than 6 or 7 minutes after he came over to say hi and offer her a drink. I was dying to watch. I even considered whether I might be able to sneak in the bar unnoticed. But I decided that it would be better for me to actually go up to our room and so I did.

I had taken my jacket and shirt off and made myself a drink using a tiny bottle of bourbon from the honor bar. I had only been in the room for about ten minutes when my phone buzzed.

PATTY (10:37):HOW ARE U?

ME (10:38):FINE HOW ARE YOU ARE YOU OK?

PATTY (10:39):IM IN LADIES ROOM.

ME (10:40):WHATS GOING ON?

PATTY (10:41):HE KEPT TELLING ME I AM MOST BEAUTIFUL SINGIORA HE'S EVER MET

ME (10:42):& YOU ATE IT ALL UP, I SUPPOSE?

PATTY (10:42):BURP!

PATTY (10:43):HE SAID IF I WASNT MARRIED HE'D ASK ME TO HIS ROOM FOR A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE

ME (10:45):& YOU SAID?

PATTY (10:45):I SAID HE SHOULD TRY ASKING ME ANYWAY

My stomach did a flip at that one.

ME (10:46):SO?

PATTY (10:46):SO HE ALREADY WENT 2 HIS ROOM & I SAID I MEET HIM THERE UNLESS U OBJECT IF U DO I WILL TEXT HIM NO. U DONT OBJECT DO U?

I took a deep breath before I responded.

ME (10:48):NO

PATTY (10:49):YAY THANK U GUESS I'LL SEE U LATER I LOVE U

ME (10:50):I LOVE YOU TOO BUT WHAT DOES "LATER" MEAN?

PATTY (10:51):I SPOSE WE SHD AGREE ON TIME FOR ME TO BE BACK WHAT DO U THINK?

My imagination must have gotten the better of me -- or I must not have realized how early it still was -- I certainly wasn't thinking clearly when I responded:

ME (10:53):HOW ABOUT 2 OCLOCK?

PATTY (10:53):R U CRAZY?!?! ITS NOT EVEN 11 ... HOW ABOUT 12 OR 1230?

ME (10:54):OK 12:30

PATTY (10:55):OK LOVE U SEE U SOON OK?

ME (10:56):LOVE U TOO HAVE FUN NAUGHTY GIRL ;)

PATTY (10:57):U MEAN KINDA DRUNK GIRL 2 ;)

PATTY (10:57):AND KINDA EASY GIRL TOO

PATTY (10:58):& WET GIRL 2 ;)

ME (10:58):STOP ALREADY!!!!!!!

I decided to get undressed and get comfortable. I went out on the balcony to enjoy a smoke. When Patty was out "having fun" time seemed to creep by SO slowly. I was startled to hear my cell phone vibrate so soon. I had left it on the nightstand not expecting to hear from her for awhile. Maybe it was someone else, but who at this hour?

12