TGI Chronicles Pt. 2 Ch. 01

Story Info
Dave's story.
8.7k words
4.34
61.8k
9

Part 12 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 08/05/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GaryAPB
GaryAPB
859 Followers

I got back to the TGI offices at just past five o'clock on that Friday in mid-February, having spent the day with a client. As I came through the main door the new receptionist called me over: "Sorry, it's the end of my first week, and I'm just trying to put names to faces. You're David Finch aren't you?

"Yes."

"And where do you fit in?"

"I'm Deputy Head of Insurance Development. My boss is Tim Williams, you probably know him. In fact, talk of the devil..." and Tim came down the stairs with his secretary Davinia, they were obviously on their way out somewhere.

Tim greeted me with "Hi, Dave. We're just going over to the pub. It's a bit early, but I decided we deserve a drink. Why don't you come over later."

Now I've worked with Tim for over five years now. We get on really well, he had joined the company only a couple of months ahead of me, and we've been work friends the whole time. He's progressed up the greasy pole so that he's now head of development for all insurance systems at TGI Financial and I have the dubious honour of being his deputy.

Tim and I got a bit closer last year when he had a bust up with his wife Beth because she had an affair. He was a bachelor for a while, and I rather looked forward to some good boy's nights out with him, but it never happened. Just as he was getting over the bust up, and was showing signs of getting interested in women again, he reconciled with Beth. In some ways I don't blame him, she's a gorgeous looking woman, but I reckon he's gone back for more trouble. Women are like that. That's why I'm one of that rare breed, a committed bachelor. There aren't many of us left.

Anyway, when Tim says 'come over later' it means 'don't join us now, we're going to have a private chat.' My guess is that Davinia's having one of her regular upsets with her stupid boyfriend. The sooner she dumps him the better. Then I can get in there, just to help her get over him, of course.

So, I went up to my desk and picked up my messages. By the time I'd sorted out those, and rescheduled some of the work for the client of the day, it was past six o'clock. Definitely 'later'!

As I came into the bar I saw Tim, he was standing chatting to a group from the department. They were some of the younger ones, and were standing listening to him. I doubt whether he realises that they are politely listening to their senior boss. He thinks he's having a drink with the guys. But then, that's what I'm about to do. I scanned the group, everyone seemed to have full glasses, so I just bought myself a pint and joined them. Tim turned to me, and the youngsters fell away to form their own circle.

"What happened to Dav?" I asked.

"She's left. She's got some domestic things to sort out." Tim looked at me, probably wondering whether he was breaking Davinia's confidentiality if he said more.

"He's still giving her trouble then?" I looked at Tim with a half smile, showing that I understood what was going on.

"Not for much longer" Tim seemed to visibly relax "I don't fancy his chances of still being there by Sunday evening."

"His only silly fault. She's quite ... you know, and she deserves better than a shit like him."

"And she deserves better than a randy bachelor like you. She's above wham bam thank you mam." He looked at me pointedly.

I put on my best hurt look, because I knew that he thought better of me than that, "I'll have you know I'm a gentleman. I always take my weight on my elbows. Anyway, what are you still doing here? You don't normally hang around in here these days."

Tim turned away from the crowd, leaned into me and lowered his voice, "Beth is coming down to meet me here. It's a bit sensitive for her. We expect that she is still the subject of gossip. That scarlet woman who I've allowed back in my life. We decided that the only thing to do was to face up to it, so this evening is to be a demonstration of true marital bliss."

"It is marital bliss, isn't it? Everything's alright between you guys now?" I asked. I was concerned, I didn't fancy broken hearted Tim round two, even if it was inevitable at some time.

"Yes. It's good. It has its bad moments, but it has some very good times as well. And we are getting less of the former and more of the latter these days. That holiday in Antigua was fabulous, it did us both the world of good, and we did a lot of talking. We are back together for good." Tim looked me in the eye. I believed his sincerity.

Just at that moment there was a rare sight these days, Charlie Bullard, a founding director of the company came into the bar. Charlie founded the company as the junior partner with Neil Timmons many years ago. In the good cop bad cop analogy, Charlie is definitely the good cop. Neil is the hard businessman, Charlie is the one who makes it all work. He stepped through the crowd to Tim and myself.

He looked at our glasses, "Another one? Tim? David?"

"Yes, thanks" We both drained our glasses and handed them to him.

"What was it?"

"Cuckhaven Gold for both of us" said Tim, and Charlie headed for the bar.

I looked at Tim, "And what do you think we've done to deserve a visit from Charlie?"

Tim smiled, "I guess his wife told him to drop in." I was none the wiser, but Tim continued, "Beth and myself were at the Bullard's last week for dinner, and I guess Beth told Rose, that's Charlie's wife, that she was a bit apprehensive about turning up here tonight. So I guess Rose told Charlie to come along in support."

"That's kind of him. You must be one of the chosen if Charlie is giving you that sort of support. I must remember to glue myself to your coat tails."

At that point Charlie returned, trying to carry three pints. I moved to help him. "Thanks, I'm a bit out of practice. There was a time when I could carry six pints. But that was in the days when glasses had handles."

We made small talk, until I excused myself to join some others in the department. A couple of them were wondering what Charlie was doing there. But then he started circulating, chatting happily with all and every TGI'er that he could find. I watched him, he was a master at it. As far as I could tell, he knew everyone by name, he had a smile and a joke with them all. Frequently he would hold their arm or elbow; or put a hand on their shoulder; or turn to them to pay special attention to whatever triviality they were talking about.

Then Beth arrived, and made her way to Tim. They kissed, and both did look as if they were genuinely pleased to see each other. Tim went and got her a drink. I turned back to talk to a group of young lads from the department, including Drew Thompson. Drew was three years younger than me, but he seemed to be the next oldest heterosexual bachelor in the company. All the rest were either married or in serious relationships. Drew wasn't blessed with my looks, thanks to my Italian grandfather and some good genes, but he used his advantage of being a bit closer in age to our usual prey, I reckon we were about even in our abilities to pick up women.

"We're thinking of going to Shades later, Dave. D'you want to join us?" Drew asked.

"I might well do so. If you guys can stand the competition. I'll see how it goes tonight. I haven't given up hope that Deana Treifuss may still come in. You know the girl from Accounts." I replied, glancing at the door.

Drew took a drink from his glass, wiped his lips on the back of his hand, "I thought you'd been there. You want to go back?"

"Well, we parted on good terms. Maybe I'm feeling lazy. It'd be easier than shouting at Shades." I looked at him.

Drew leant into my ear, "Well, I think you might have a long wait. I hear that Mike Sharman from Marketing is in there, has been for a week or two now."

"I didn't know that. Why don't people keep me up to date with the gossip? Come back Stella, all is forgiven. But, no. I don't want sloppy seconds after Sharman's been at it. Anyway, I thought he was married?"

"He is."

"Oh."

I broke out from talking to Drew to go over to Beth. She greeted me like an old friend, which was a bit of a surprise. She always gave me the impression that she tolerated me for Tim's sake. I kissed her on both cheeks.

She opened, "I want to say thank you, Dave. Tim tells me you were a really good friend last year when he needed one."

"Well, I don't like seeing friends in trouble. And Tim is one of the best."

"Well I think so. I was a fool you know. But I'm glad he had people like you around him, that stopped him going off the rails. If he had, I don't think I'd ever have got him back."

"Well, that's all in the past. Come and meet Drew and some of the others." I took her arm to lead her back to the lads.

She smiled at me, and put her hand on my arm, "Oh, you don't have to escort me around."

But I knew she needed all the help and support she could get. Her eyes belied her confident manner. "Oh, let me. It'll do my standing the world of good to have the best looking girl in the room on my arm for a moment or two."

I took her over and introduced her. The guys didn't let me down, they may have had a couple of pints inside them, but they managed to be polite when the boss's wife was with them. Except for Drew, who whispered in my ear "I don't blame Tim. I'd have gone back for a pair of tits like that."

Thank God that Drew had whispered, because just as he was doing so Charlie Bullard passed us on his way to effusively greet Beth. A showy kiss on both cheeks, and a private joke. I guess every TGI'er there noted that she had been blessed with friendliness from a founding director. I doubt whether it would do Tim's reputation in the company any harm either.

Slowly people started drifting home. By closing time we were down to me, Drew and about five young lads, a couple of whom didn't work for TGI.

Drew looked at me "Well are you coming or not?"

I didn't really want to go. Nightclubs were expensive and noisy, and worst still, they were beginning to make me feel old. "Yeah, OK then. But only if we can stop for a burger on the way up the road. I'm starving."

---

I noticed her within five minutes of getting into Shades. She was talking to two other girls. Blonde, tallish, mid to late twenties. Very good figure, maybe a few pounds over weight, but most of that seemed to have given her a sexy, rounded softness. Quite well dressed, sexy but not slutty. She was a definite possibility, but I'll check out what else is on offer first.

The lads disappeared off looking for their own conquests. Several of them linked up with a group of girls that they already knew. So I was quickly on my own. On my second drink I saw her again, leaning against a pillar, looking bored and with an empty glass.

"Would you trust me to get you a drink?" I asked.

She looked at me and smiled. "Let's go to the bar together." she sensibly answered.

After we had our drinks, I introduced myself. Her name was Lucy. We chatted a bit, then I noticed: pale white lines around the fourth finger of her left hand. Warning bells started. But drinking and chatting wasn't a commitment.

Nightclubs are not the best environment for chatting. And the beers earlier and the loud music were beginning to give me a headache. I don't know whether she noticed, but she came to my rescue. "Do you think there is somewhere where we might get a coffee."

"Well, only the burger bar at this time of night. Or there's my place. It's in easy walking distance."

"Well, I'll risk it. I'll just go and tell my friends what I'm doing." and she disappeared off into the throng.

---

She was sitting on my sofa as I brought two mugs of coffee in, and passed her one.

"So, Lucy. Your not a regular at Shades, so what guiding angel brought you into my world tonight?"

"I just needed a night out. And those two friends go there often. I just tagged along."

She wasn't mentioning her husband or marriage. So, I'll give test her directly. "But there is a man in your life, isn't there? I can't believe that some guy didn't snap you up long ago "

She looked at her lap, and then at me, and then at her coffee. Eventually she made up her mind. "I'm married. How did you know?"

"Years of practice. So what brings a pretty married lady to be standing around in Shades, and allowing herself to be bought drinks by an incredibly handsome and debonair man?"

She laughed, which was what she was meant to do. "Oh, the marriage is over. It's just a matter of one of us getting out. Neither of us has any illusions. Pete's away most weeks and most weekends these days. I just needed to leave all that behind and just be myself for an evening."

"So, why don't you get out?"

"Look, this isn't meant to be a therapy session. Or not like that anyway. I just want a good night out with my mates, followed by good night in with some guy that'll make me feel whole again. Come on Dave, I'm offering it to you on a plate." She leant forward, put her coffee down on the table and put both hands on my thighs.

I leant forward, leaning into her face, she raised her lips to mine. So close, I tipped my head slightly to one side, I raised my hand to be behind her head, pulling her into me. "So, answer my question, why don't you get out?"

"Bastard." she sat back. "Because. Just because. OK?"

"Look, Lucy. I don't get involved in other people's marriages. It's always bad news. Now, you're welcome to my bed if you want to spend the night away from him. I'll sleep in the spare room. But, if you want me in there with you, and there are parts of me that are aching for your special attention, then you've got to convince me that I ain't treading into another guy's territory."

She picked up her coffee and took a drink. She didn't say a word, she just looked sullen.

"Why don't I get us a bottle of wine and we can sit and have a drink and you can tell me about it? Or a brandy if you prefer?" I stood up, looking down on her.

"No, I don't need anything. Sit down. I'll tell you. It really is over between myself and Pete."

I sat down on the sofa, next to her, and put my arm round her. "Tell me. Then we can get on to getting you into that bed." I ran my hand up and down her back.

"Well things haven't been good for Pete and me for sometime. He works in catering, but he lost his job about nine months ago. The only job that he could get was a contract up in Edinburgh. So he's up there all the time. At first he would come home for a couple of days each week, but he doesn't even do that these days. I guess he's got someone else up there."

"Have you asked him? What does he say?"

"No. Of course he doesn't. And he's got a terrible temper, if I accuse him of anything he instantly loses it. That's why he lost his job in the first place. But we've got two kids and a mortgage and car loan, and I don't work. So, I've got to be careful." She looked up, turning to look directly in my eyes. "But it is all over. There is nothing left. You aren't poaching. I'm just learning, I haven't done this before."

I pulled her into me and kissed her. She tasted of her minty cocktail from Shades, overlaid with coffee. My hand came up to her breast. "Go on, you must have done. You've got two kids." I kissed her again, harder, more passionately this time.

"No, I meant I haven't gone out like this before. I might be a bit out of practice."

I kissed her again, she followed it by little nips of her teeth, very gently, on my chin. I nuzzled in to lick her neck, just by her ear. "Why don't I get that bottle of wine, but let's take it into the bedroom." I whispered.

We disentangled ourselves and I took hold of her hand and led her to the bedroom. I turned to her and took her in my arms and kissed her, our tongues exploring each other's mouths. "You are sure that your husband doesn't count at all. That divorce is absolutely the only option.?"

"Yes! Yes, how many times do I have to say it?"

"OK. Stay there while I go and find that bottle of wine."

I returned with a bottle of white wine straight from the fridge. I had opened it in the kitchen and grabbed two glasses. I looked at her, she was sitting on the edge of the bed, just watching me. I poured out two glasses and handed her one. I took a sip of mine and put it down.

"Wait there while I have a very quick shower. I went straight from work to the pub to Shades. And I've been in London for a large part of the day. I must stink."

"No. Just come to bed."

"It'll be nicer for you if I have a shower. I won't be long." I took another sip of wine and went to the bathroom. I've never had such a quick shower. But I felt better afterwards, awake, fresh and ready. I cleaned my teeth, sprayed myself lightly with some cologne. Then I wrapped a white fluffy towel around my waist, one that showed off the remains of last year's suntan, and I was back in the bedroom in ten minutes flat. She was still sitting on the edge of the bed, sipping her wine. I sat next to her.

"Hi. I thought you might have made yourself a bit more comfortable." I put my arm around her and pulled her in for a kiss. She was less passionate than before. Damn, my shower break had allowed her nerves to step in. "Let me help you." My hand went to the zip at the back of the dress.

She didn't move. She didn't stop me, but she didn't help either.

"Hey, Lucy. What's the matter? Nerves? Haven't done this in a long time? Don't worry, you're in the hands of a master." I whispered, as I took the two shoulders of the dress and gently slid them forward and down her arms. Under it she was wearing a white strapless bra, nothing particularly sexy. I guess the best that was in a married woman's lingerie draw. She was biting her bottom lip as I slowly undid the catch at the back and slid it forward. Her breasts were wonderful. Full, soft, with dark nipples that were already long and hard.

She still wasn't with me, she was acquiescing, not participating. Her nerves were getting the better of her. It was time for a little ego boost. "Lucy, they're beautiful. You're beautiful."

My hand went to her left breast and gentle cupped it. I leant in and kissed her. At last, she was responding. Without really stopping the kiss, I pushed her back onto the bed. My other hand came up to her right breast, and took the nipple between my fingers, gently squeezing. I let go of her breast to loosen the towel at my waist.

Then I took her hand and put it on my cock. She gently rubbed her hand up and down its length. "It feels harder than Pete's ever has."

"Forget Pete, Lucy. You're with me now."

"Sorry."

We kissed passionately. I sat up a little, to work on lowering her dress. She seemed to thrash about at that, then I realised she was kicking her shoes off. She then raised her hips off the bed so that I could get her dress down her legs. She was wearing a simple white thong, it may have matched the bra. And stockings, thigh highs.

"I was right. You are beautiful, and very, very sexy." I leant down to kiss her tummy, as I hooked my fingers into the sides of the thong and pushed downward. Again she raised her hips, and slowly the flimsy piece of nylon and cotton slid down her thighs. She had a small thin triangle of soft blonde hair. The rest was smooth and the lips of her pussy were blushed pink with a silvery line of moisture where they met. Again I leant forward to kiss her tummy, and then little butterfly kisses down to that soft hair.

She still had her thong around her thighs. So I stood up and quickly pulled it down and off at her feet. She lay before me on the bed, looking up at me. I towered over her with my cock sticking straight out in front of me.

Then she surprised me and sat up, I had to stand back slightly. She leant forward and took my cock in her hand, and lowered her head. She gently licked its head. And then exquisitely slowly, she lowered her mouth to take it in. I put a hand at the back of her head, just gently. With the other hand I picked up my wine and took a sip. Does it ever get any better than this? A beautiful naked woman sucking your cock whilst you sip chilled white wine.

GaryAPB
GaryAPB
859 Followers