Thank You, Owen Addams

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Moonlight shimmering off the harbors choppy waves, I found Sophie already packed and moments from departing.

"You were wrong about what you said," I reminded her.

"Even if I was, I am about to leave," she responded. " What do you propose we do about it?"

"Stay here, with me."

"You know I can't do that."

"Take me with you then."

She laughed. "No Mark."

"Why not?"

She sighed deeply and looked at me for a moment before speaking. "Because...I don't want you to come with me," she finally stated. " I'm sorry Mark. I work and travel alone. I have no room for anyone else. This is my choice, my life. I thank you for the time we shared but those few hours, as wonderful as they may have been, were all I was looking for."

She mounted her trailer, taking her place behind the wheel. "And they were all that I have to offer you," she added.

She turned the ignition bringing the old trailer to life. "You seem like a sweet kid. And your a damn good lover," she added. "Thank you for last night but I have to go."

She engaged the transmission.

"What about next year?" I asked, keeping up with her as she began to pull away.

"What about it?" she stopped.

"Will you be back?"

"I might."

"Can I see you then?"

I recognized her expression of consideration as she bit her lower lip. "We'll see, Mark T., Beer Tent Volunteer. We'll see." She blew me a kiss and drove away into September's darkness.

I stood there alone in the once bustling fairgrounds, silently watching until her taillights faded into nothingness...and then some.

That was ten years ago.

Each September, the tents are pitched in Harbor Cove Field and the Owensport Oyster Festival returns for another glorious weekend. With its arrival Sophie revisits me, like some sort of sexual Santa Claus making her annual call. With each stopover I once again ask her to either stay or take me with her and every year, so far, she refuses both requests. This does not discourage me however; as with each passing year it takes Sophie longer and longer to reach her decision.

**********

Erected in the village green is a statue bearing the resemblance of my town's most famous citizen: Owen Addams. As schoolchildren, we were taught to thank him whenever we pass his likeness out of respect for all he accomplished in putting our wonderful city on the map. I pass that statue twice a day on my way to and from work and as any learned student I thank him, silently under my breath, for reasons no schoolboy would ever even dream of.

Thank you Owen Addams. Thank you indeed.

12