That Old, Familiar Feeling Ch. 02

Story Info
Monica is measured and left wanting...
10.3k words
4.64
15.6k
11

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/09/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
North200
North200
476 Followers

Author's note:

Welcome to chapter two of six! Thank you very much for your feedback on chapter 1, and as always your comments are appreciated. This is a story about a somewhat unusual relationship between consenting adults. Thank you again for reading! Many thanks to the author Karaline for her suggestions and edits. Please enjoy!

*****

Monica woke the next morning feeling refreshed, energized and optimistic. She stretched, and the feel of her bare skin against the soft sheets reminded her she'd slept naked last night. She lingered in bed, replaying the events of the ritual and the aftermath over and over in her mind.

She didn't know what had caused her to overheat and embarrass herself during the ritual. She wasn't proud of how she'd taken sexual advantage of the young man, and even more ashamed of the terrible lie she'd told to salvage his friendship afterward, encouraging him to believe she was a Daemon and that his ridiculous beliefs were true.

His reaction to her false confession had been moving - he'd dropped to his knees in front of her and grabbed her hands. She remembered his tears glinting in the candlelight as he thanked her for helping to vindicate his late grandfather's life's work. Garnet told her it was the greatest moment of his life, that it had renewed his passion and commitment for his work in the knighthood. It was only in that moment she realized how much of his hope and self-worth had been bound up in the silly ritual.

Monica sighed. Well, there was no escaping it now, no way to gently unravel the lie she'd told. The truth now would crush him, destroy him. The truth would be a fatal blow to any relationship between them. She would not allow that to happen - his friendship had come to mean so much to her in such a short time. So come what may, she was his Daemon, his Familiar. As crazy as it sounded, that was her reality now.

In a way, identifying their relationship as Master-Familiar did solve the problem of how she should define what the two of them had become. To call it a 'friendship' or 'companionship' seemed inadequate given how she'd performed oral sex on him while they were both naked in candlelight. Yet she couldn't think of them as 'lovers' given their age disparity and lack of romantic intent. She didn't know how masters and familiars were supposed to relate to one another, but maybe the absence of ground rules would give them the freedom to chart their own unique course.

Despite its bogus nature, there had been meaning for her in the ritual. Just as Garnet had said, it did feel like she was beginning a new journey, and she found herself looking forward to it, and energized by the prospects.

Beyond that, the ritual had definitely stirred something within her, something that had lain dormant since Bill's cancer diagnosis almost three years ago. After Garnet had left to return home, she'd taken a hot shower, washing away the runes he'd traced on her naked body. Her fingers had found their way between her legs, discovering a reservoir of unsatisfied lust. She'd enjoyed a hard, fast climax under the steaming spray, followed by another more leisurely orgasm as she lay naked in bed remembering the shapely young body of her newly-minted Master.

She smiled at the memory, snuggled down into the sheets and decided to treat herself to a late morning. Maybe the ritual HAD changed her, put her on a different path. Maybe the 'support and companionship' of a knight would finally free her and allow her to find fulfillment.

And somehow, she would do right by Garnet. She'd protect his feelings and contribute to his sense of purpose. Somehow, it would all work out for the best in the end.

*

Garnet had promised to come by after his shift to take 'baseline measurements' of his new Familiar. Monica wasn't clear on what exactly that involved, but was surprised to discover she wasn't too concerned. He was coming for a visit, that was the main thing - the rest was just details that she could leave to him. Compared to the embarrassment of the ritual, she was sure the 'measurements' would be tame.

If anything, her lack of anxiety about it made her a little anxious. She'd only known him a few weeks - was it normal to be so unconcerned? Wasn't it a little weird to be so unguarded, so quickly?

But what was there to fear? If he'd planned to hurt her, surely he'd have done it already. He didn't have any obvious sexual designs on her - in fact, she'd been the aggressor in that regard, shamefully. She didn't have so much money that she'd be a worthwhile target for theft or fraud.

More than that, he just didn't 'feel' like the type she needed to be scared of. He was open, honest, shy and even a little apologetic. He trusted her with his emotions and his beliefs - silly though they were. No, there was nothing to fear from her so-called Master.

Monica busied herself around the house, following the same routines that had defined her shut-in lifestyle since Bill's death. She kept an eye on the clock to be sure time didn't get away from her, but she needn't have worried - time crawled by as she waited for the time of Garnet's visit. Each hour seemed to take half a day to elapse.

Finally at six o'clock she showered and dressed in a loose skirt and purple blouse. She greeted him at the door just before seven, opening it before he could knock. He dragged a large two-wheeled suitcase behind him.

"Good heavens! What will you be measuring?" she asked.

He laughed. "Everything, pretty much. We may be in for a long evening."

"Sounds like I should make some tea?"

"That works for me, thanks. I'll unpack."

She busied herself and watched him from the corner of her eye as he unpacked books, various small cases and a strange wooden box with copper grips on each side. By the time the tea was steeping, he had finished his work and was sitting across from her at the kitchen table.

"Have you noticed any after-effects from the Pact?" he asked, leaning forward intently.

"Hmm. Maybe. I woke up today feeling really positive and energetic. I don't know if that's due to the ritual, but it was a pleasant change for me."

He nodded. "Same here. I find I've had a lot more energy today. It's like I can't stand still."

"If I'm supposed to be feeding on your energy, I'd think you'd feel drained, not more energetic," she said. She carefully poured the tea into two mugs and slid one over to him.

"I wondered about that. It might be the effect of the bond - maybe it somehow raises my energy levels. Daemonic energy and the effects of the bonding are poorly understood, even after 180 years."

"The knighthood's been around that long?"

"Oh yes, in one form or another. People have been looking at this stuff for a long time."

"They must have found a lot of Daemons."

"Not really. Just fourteen. Fifteen, including you. Your kind are hard to find," he said, gingerly taking a sip from the mug.

"How many knights are there today?"

His expression grew sombre. "Well...officially there are eighty-five members..."

"But?"

He sighed. "Most of them are knights in name only, and not really engaged in research. There are only five or so who are truly devoted. The rest have kind of drifted away."

"I guess with so few Daemons being found, it requires a lot of faith."

"You have no idea. I was thinking of quitting too, until I found you," he said with a shake of his head. "It's hard to spend all your time working and not seeing any results."

"So, now that you found me, what's the plan?"

"Well, we have 180 years of data that we'll try to corroborate or update. Then there are scholarly theories on Daemonic nature that we'll test out."

"Sounds like we have our work cut out for us."

He nodded. "From you, I'll need patience, trust and willingness. I'll try to bother you as little as possible. I know this is all probably a pain in the neck for you."

"Oh, it's no bother at all," she said, maybe a little too quickly.

"Great! I figured I'd do the physical workup this evening - get all the boring stuff out of the way before we start testing your Daemonic energy and capabilities. How does that sound?"

"That sounds fine. Whatever you say," she said.

The two finished their tea, and Garnet stood up.

"Okay then. Would you please undress and meet me in the living room?"

"I'm sorry?"

He had the good graces to blush as he replied. "Uh, yeah. The physical measurements are done in your 'natural state'."

"We can't do it with my clothes on?"

"Well...I mean, we could, I guess," He looked unhappy at the prospect. "But the directions are pretty clearly set out in the books. Everyone has done it the same way since the eighteen-hundreds. If you and I suddenly do it differently, then our results might not match the others. And we'd never know if that was because I messed up the measurements or if there was a true difference."

"I see." A long silence followed.

"Look, I certainly won't force you. I'd never, ever do that. But...if I can't take proper measurements it kind of defeats the entire purpose, you know? If we're not going to do a good job, then what are we even doing here?"

It was clear he was committed to the process, and she could understand, from a scientific perspective, why it was important to 'go by the book'. Good research required accurate measurements. But the prospect of again disrobing in front of the young knight made her uncomfortable. Embarrassed, yes, but she also felt an underlying...acceptance...that added to her discomfort. She didn't like the idea of being naked for him, but somehow she didn't hate it as much as she thought she should, and that bothered her.

"I guess this is required under the Master-Familiar pact?" she asked, sounding a bit more petulant than she'd intended.

"You did swear an oath to submit yourself to my guidance," he said with a gentle smile. "As I said, I'll never force you to do anything, but..." he trailed off, his point made.

She had sworn an oath, he was right - even if it had been a silly one. And his rationale for her being naked was valid, given the context. And anyway, he'd already seen her naked last night so it wasn't like there would be some 'big reveal' tonight.

And...

And...there was an awful, disgraceful part her that kind of wanted to be naked for him. She hated that part of herself, but there was no denying her heart was already beating faster at the prospect. What had the last twenty-four hours awakened in her?

She exhaled loudly, one final note of her disdain for the idea. "I'll go get into my robe, and meet you in the living room."

*

It was a vulnerable feeling to be naked and barefoot under a bathrobe in the company of a fully-dressed man. Even more so to realize that the robe would soon be coming off at his direction. Despite that - or because of it? - Monica's excitement continued a slow build as she sat on the couch and watched Garnet ready his pencil, notebook and leather-bound reference books. To his credit, he seemed focused on the task at hand and quite deliberate in his preparations.

"We'll start with normal stuff - height, weight and vitals - before we get into the more detailed stuff," he said. "If something feels weird or you want to stop or ask questions, just speak right up, okay? It's not like we're strangers."

"I still don't understand what you're hoping to learn from this. I just have a regular body - no horns or wings. Why go to all this trouble?"

"It's not that your body by itself is going to reveal all the secrets Daemonkind. But combined with all our other data, patterns begin to emerge. Those patterns suggest theories, and those theories can be tested."

He sounded different when he talked about his work - like he was channeling the mind of someone far more experienced. Whatever she might think of this Daemon business, she couldn't deny that Garnet knew the subject matter thoroughly. It was an attractive quality, and she enjoyed listening to him talk.

"Like what theories?"

He looked up at her as he crouched over his books. "Okay...I'm betting you were born in January."

Her eyes widened. "How did you know that?" She didn't recall ever telling him her birthday.

He chuckled. "You have blue eyes."

"So?"

He thumbed through a three-ringed binder full of paper, then sat close beside her on the couch and pointed to a carefully-drawn chart.

"Look here...there have been five green-eyed Daemons, all born in June, and nine blue-eyed Daemons, all born in January. You've got to admit, that's not likely to be a coincidence."

She stared at the chart, disbelieving. He saw her expression and grinned.

"See? That's a trait we'd never learn by looking at one Daemon. But you get a whole bunch of data together, and things jump out at you."

"That's unbelievable!" She was still trying to comprehend the implications of what he was showing her. She knew she wasn't a Daemon, really. But it was uncanny how well she fit the profile.

"Yup."

"Okay, now I'm impressed."

His smile widened and he rose from the couch.

"I'd like to begin with height and weight. Would you please come and stand against this wall?" he tapped it with his knuckle.

"Robe on, or off?" she asked, hopefully.

"Off, please." His tone was more confident. He was in his element.

She sighed again, more quietly. No point making a dramatic fuss about it. She stood, undid the tie, and let the robe slide off her shoulders. For the second time in two days, she was naked for him.

She felt her body respond immediately; the flushed cheeks, the rising heat, the thudding of her heart in her chest, the quiver in her stomach. The warm, swirling winds of delight and shame within her.

Garnet tried to be professional, to maintain eye contact, but his youth worked against him and she saw his gaze wander lower as she slowly approached him. His face was an adorable shade of pink as he pencil-marked her height on the wall, standing so close to her she could feel his t-shirt brushing her erect nipples. He smelled of soap and shampoo. He'd showered for the visit. For her.

She stepped away and he measured the distance from the floor to the mark and recorded it in his notebook.

She stood on a scale next and he read the display down to the half-pound and wrote it down.

"How am I? Compared to other Daemons, I mean?" she asked, hoping idle conversation would make her feel less exposed. She forced herself to stand with her arms at her sides, not wanting to draw undue attention to her nudity with a lot of fidgeting.

"Um," he picked up his three-ringed binder and flipped a few pages. "A bit on the light side, but not by much. Daemons have sleight builds. Every one of them so far has been smaller and lighter than the average human."

"I'll have to start eating right. I've been letting myself go since Bill passed on."

He shrugged as he turned the page. "Doesn't show. I think you look great."

The remark was so matter-of-fact, so offhand, that it took a moment for Monica to realize her naked body had been complimented. It brought a genuine smile, despite the awkwardness.

He dropped the binder on the couch and handed the robe back to her. "You can dress for the next few things. Don't want you getting cold."

She quickly slid the robe back on.

He took her wrist and counted her pulse. He inked her fingertips and carefully pressed them against a page, recording each print. After she washed her hands he did the same with her toes, cleaning them with a washcloth afterwards. He counted the number of times she blinked in one minute. After each measurement he paused and carefully recorded the result. No matter how silly the test, he was serious about doing it accurately.

"Temperature next," he said, setting the notebook down again. Could you please lie on the couch on your side and pull your knees up toward your chest?"

Her eyes narrowed in confusion, then widened when she realized the implication. She blushed a new shade of red.

"Wait, you don't mean to...I mean, you're going to take it orally, right?"

He cleared his throat as a blush crept up on him, too. "The book says that you get a more accurate reading...the other way."

"But even hospitals use oral thermometers now. No one does it the other way anymore."

"Yeah. You're right, I know. But...consistency..." he trailed off and gestured helplessly toward the pile of books on the coffee table. The was an uncomfortable silence as each waited for the other so say something.

"You're going to insist?"

"I'm going to request," he said.

"I'm beginning to have second thoughts about this Pact," she grumbled, but lay facing away from him on her side on the couch and pulled her knees up halfway.

She heard him moving behind her and saw him out of the corner of her eye crouch down next to the couch, near her backside.

"I'm going to just move the robe out of the way," he said. His voice was low.

She nodded, and felt the bottom of the robe lifted away, cool air on her buttocks as they were exposed. What else could he see? Was she revealing more to him than she'd intended? His face was so close to her most private parts, she could feel the gentle brush of his breath on her rear end.

"Okay, just take a deep breath and let it out slowly."

She felt his warm hand on her bum, gentle pressure as he eased her cheeks apart and exposed her tight opening. The intimate touch was thrilling and mortifying. She wished it was over, and couldn't wait for it to begin. Bill had never touched her this way. It was a moment between her and Garnet alone. Her sex pulsed - could he see it peeking between her thighs?

"Just be...gentle," she said, her voice a whisper.

"Always."

She took a deep breath and began a slow exhale. She felt pressure on her sphincter and she reflexively clenched tight, then forced herself to relax. Her muscle gave one final squeeze, then yielded to the smooth thermometer. She could hear herself gasp as she was penetrated. The sensation was foreign and unwelcome...and arousing. Erotic, in the weirdest way possible.

"Everything okay?" he asked in a husky voice.

"Mmm." Had it been a grunt or a moan?

"We leave it in for two minutes."

She nodded, not trusting her sounds. Her muscle squeezed again, tightening around the invader, helpless to expel it. Her body was hot. She wanted to be touched. She wanted Garnet to touch her.

"Okay, that's time." he said. Too soon! The smooth glass withdrew, leaving behind only the craving. He covered her bare bum with the bottom of the robe.

She lay still a few moments more. He moved away from her briefly, then returned and knelt close to her head. She felt his hand on her shoulder.

"Too much for today? We can leave the rest if you want. I get that this is a lot all at once. I'm really grateful you're trying so hard." His voice was quiet and soft, soothing and reassuring. It was exactly what she wanted at that moment.

"There's more?"

"Well, yeah. There's more. But if you've had it for tonight we can leave it here and I can come back-"

"No! I mean...we've come this far, might as well get it over with." She pushed herself into a sitting position. The day without him had been so long, she couldn't bear that the evening with him would be so brief.

"Let's do the body measurements. Would you please stand over here?" He gestured to an empty area on the hardwood.

She hesitated for just a moment. Should she ask about the robe? With an inward sigh she shrugged it off her shoulders and walked naked to the place Garnet indicated. Modesty at this point seemed almost silly.

He produced a tape measure and began a thorough, painstaking record of her measurements. Eyes, ears, nose, mouth. Jawline. Circumference of her neck. Shoulder to elbow, right side and left. Elbow to wrist. Each finger in turn, on both hands.

North200
North200
476 Followers