That's What I Thought

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
moreandmore
moreandmore
2,298 Followers

It was high time to make a decision. I grappled with my inner devil. The desire to keep quiet of my strange ability was losing to my desire to be honest with Steph. I knew I couldn't live with this secret and love Steph unconditionally. When we returned to Steph's apartment, after dinner, I swallowed hard, cleared my throat, and hoped like hell for our future.

"Steph, we need to talk. Please leave the music playing."

Way to go idiot. Couldn't you choose a little softer line? The color had left her face.

"No, No, No, it's nothing bad. Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"What's this about Brent?"

"See this box? It has a ring in it. I want to give it to you, but until I tell you something, I can't. It's not a bad thing. Well the way I've used it might have you hating me."

"Brent, if it's not a bad thing then I don't understand why you think I would hate you."

"You know how some people can snap their fingers, others can crack their knuckles, and a few can put a couple of fingers in their mouth and whistle loudly? Well I have an ability to uh, well uh, dammit this is tough. I can put thoughts in people's heads."

After an anxious pause "Bullshit!"

"Well okay then. I've come clean. Now you can't blame me when you finally believe me. Steph, I love you and want to go to London with you. But you really need to hear me out."

"Prove it."

"Alright, take your phone and turn the video on. Point it at the mirror then stare into the mirror. I'm turning the music off. I'll tell you when the test is over."

Once she was ready I pulled out a napkin I had written on.

"One."

Waiting a few seconds "Two."

Waiting a few seconds "Three."

Waiting a few seconds "That's it. The test is over."

"That proved nothing. I didn't feel a thing."

"Well let's watch the video together. Here's what I was thinking just after I said the numbers."

I handed Steph the napkin. One was blink. Two was lick lips. Three was raise eyebrows. I could see the hair stand up on Steph's neck.

"No fucking way! How'd you do that?"

She watched it a few more times. If people had TILT lights, hers was blinking.

"Steph, it wasn't your idea to flirt with me. It wasn't your idea to bring me back to your apartment. It wasn't your idea to have sex with me, well at least the first time. I'm sorry. I manipulated you. My original intent was to have sex and leave you. Problem is that I fell for you; big time. Now I'm scared that I'll lose you. I just can't live the rest of my life keeping this secret from you."

There were tears; from both of us. We talked, until we collapsed, sometime just before dawn. We did not have sex until we awoke. Steph turned the music off and invited me to do my best. She loves being out of control.

She was very quiet afterwards. You could just tell the wheels were spinning.

"You made her do it!"

"Huh? Made who do what?"

"That waitress! You owe me a kiss. You cheated!"

We laughed and I repaid the kiss, with interest.

Now, when I'm with Steph, she has the music playing quite loudly. She wants a complete rundown if I've used my ability. I thought I was mean spirited. You should see what Steph is suggesting I do.

Being the science zealot, she's taking copious notes and testing my powers. We have sworn each other to secrecy.

Steph is wearing my ring. Call it what you want, promise, steady, or just plain old fashioned romantic. She says she's still thinking about it, but thinks this might be an engagement ring.

I plan on abandoning my baseball career to follow a new dream, playing cricket, in London. I don't know who or how, but Steph says my travel and educational expenses will be paid for.

I met Steph's family at her graduation ceremony. She warned me to behave or I may not even live to regret it. She and her mother are on the same wavelengths. Do you know how tough it was to not be a prankster? I was pleased when Steph told her family that we were getting very serious.

+ + + +

A request to my supporters: A friend says this story deserves another chapter or two. If you agree, please email your ideas. I'll give credit where credit is due. Thank you.

moreandmore
moreandmore
2,298 Followers
12