The 3 P's

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Erringfoil
Erringfoil
196 Followers

I could them gasp as the words came out of my mouth.

Any right you two had to call me your son ended the moment you knew about these two. I theatrically pointed to the star glazed lovers. Instead of thinking about me, about how hurt I would be, you both acted like you have the entirety of my life and protected him!

I could hear the sobs escape my mum's lips, whereas my dad refused to look at me. He was just staring blankly into space, almost disbelieving that this was happening.

Well you don't have to worry about my feelings anymore, not that you ever did in the first place. After today, you won't be seeing me again!

Davy, my loving younger little brother. He appeared like a deer in the headlights as his name was mentioned.

I would like to thank-you. I am who I am because of you. I've had to earn and achieve everything I've accomplished. You should try it you know, you've already thrown your life away once. You know I pity you, you could have been a king and now, well you're just a pathetic little nobody!!

I felt like today I needed to return the favour your brotherly love has bestowed on me. It wasn't easy but when disclosed the full details of what happened and why I needed it, they were more than happy to present me with this. I held up a single document to the room. Fear and panic spread across his face in the realisation of what I held. Carefully, I laid the document on the table before them.

The first thing of note was the words Dishonourable Discharge in large red letters! The room was visibly shaken. Oh, and secondly, I started to say. My brother never had a chance to say anything. He was up of the sofa and reaching for the document. He failed, as my right hand connected with his jaw and sent him sprawling onto the floor. I was asked to send my regards from a Major Andy Whitehurst and his wife Melanie. He said to personally thank you for the divorce and to tell you that yes, you are now a daddy! I guess congratulations are in order...

The silence that filled the room was one of shock, pain and embarrassment.

Finally, all that's left is my dear wife Elizabeth. I was still standing looking down on the love of my life as she sank further and deeper into the sofa.

I wouldn't want my loving wife to feel like I've left you out, so I have a present for you as well. With that, I handed her the divorce papers. As you can see, I am citing infidelity, no irreconcilable differences here! I could see her cringed as I said the words, as the full reality of her actions started to hit her. Yes, o loving wife of mine. You have betrayed me in the worst of all. It was meant to be us against the world and all it took was one smile from Davy boy here for you to give up on us...

I let the moment sink in before I went for the kill.

However, despite what has happened and because of the love we once shared, I'm prepared to offer you a deal.

I saw her immediately spark up at the glimmer of hope only to see it quickly diminish with reality.

If you sign the paperwork before you, I will give you $50'000. That was what lover boy here originally asked for in the beginning, this way he gets you as well. I wouldn't want to be accused of standing in the way of true love. You see, Mr Plain Old Predictable Phil, won't be a problem to you two lovebirds anymore. I had deliberately used the same term Davy had used to describe my married life with Beth, I wanted to throw that final insult against me into the fire!

I could see all four heads shoot up at once. $50'000!!

No-way, it was my brother's voice I heard first! She's entitled to half of everything you have, we didn't mean to fall in love it just happened. And, he stammered, as he tried to sound sincere. As sorry as I am, I'm not going to let you ruin her life because you feel slighted by our actions.

I started to laugh and that shut him up...

Fear and understanding started to spread among the four. This meeting was not going at all as they had planned. I looked at Beth, she knew me better than anyone.

Well I stated after a moment of silence, it was time for the final act and the curtain call. I tried to look suitably embarrassed and crestfallen when I delivered my next line.

I want to admit something to all you guys, you see I have a problem, an addiction of sorts. I'm extremely embarrassed to say that when I uncovered my wife cheating on me with my very own brother I kind of lost it. Firstly, I quit my job. Secondly, I couldn't hide the pain and despair I felt. I thought about drinking, but you all know that I'm a lousy drunk. One beer and I'm anybody's. So, I decided to come to Vegas to get from you all and before I knew it, I started gambling. I love it here; the people are wonderful and look at the accommodation! I threw my hand around the room as if to emphasise my point.

Unfortunately, I was seduced and I fell in love with the lifestyle. Before I knew what was going on, well.. With that, I handed over the statement showing a little over 100K.

I believe I owe you half of everything I have! The coldness of my voice surprised me as I looked at her.

I don't believe you, Davy's voice always did go a little high pitched when he was getting out of his depth.

Frankly you little shit, I don't really care. He cowered as I made a step towards him again, fist clenched.

When I found out you were all coming I took stock of my actions. As you can see I've printed of a bank statement showing you how much money I have left. The rest as they say is gone. However, the good news is I realise I have a problem. I know how concerned you all are about me, so as of today I've registered to go on a gamblers anomalous program to deal with my addiction.

This last play was an audible. A couple of weeks ago a fellow gambler had told me that in cases of divorce, a contrite and repentant victim was always looked favourably upon in court.

The full and total reality had now hit Beth. She just looked at me, her mouth opened as if she wanted to say something. Me, well I could feel my façade slipping, especially when I stared into those deep blue eyes that I had originally fallen in love with all those years before.

Beth, I turned to her trying to smile but the damage had been done. Her face was full of tears, pleading with me to stop. I am willing to offer you this generous settlement one time, however I want the papers signed before 12 noon tomorrow. If you fight me on this, not only will you lose but I will see you get nothing.

Suddenly I felt like a great weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Guy's, this has been a real blast, but I have a party to go to and people to see. I realise you've all just hot footed it here, so I've spoken with the hotel and they've agreed for you all to stay here tonight as their guest. I'm leaving now and I won't be back. My solicitor will pick up the papers tomorrow and with that I started to walk towards the door. For some reason I felt the need for one last look at the most important people in my life.

I started to turn, only I realised I couldn't. With my back towards them, I spoke.

I will never see any of you again! And with that I walked out of the door and started my new life!

Epilogue:

Off course life is never that rosie.

After uncovering the affair, I needed to put my plan into action. For the last four weeks, I had visited four casinos' and credited my account's with 125k in each. I suppose I didn't oppose Beth having her rightful share, but something just hit me when I realised that this was what my brother was really after. He was willing to seduce and even marry his twin brother's wife for money. I decided that I just couldn't let him get away with it.

Over the next couple of weeks, I started to play poker. Each week I would draw a significant amount of my credit, lose a little and then walk away with the remaining chips. It wasn't a perfect plan and if they investigated it closely it wouldn't fool anybody. Only I was banking on the fact that when I confronted them all with the evidence they wouldn't check any further. I was right.

Why poker, well you see back when I had a loving home life, we used to play cards once a month. I had the nickname of Pidgeon. Technically, this isn't a good name. It meant sucker, loser, a sure thing. I knew immediately that I couldn't play cards but I enjoyed the evening and the companionship. They were an enjoyable bunch and I ensured that I never ever lost too much.

Back to the aftermath of the showdown. My parents refused to believe I was serious and tried in vain several times to make amends. I would like to think that they finally understood the true ramifications of their actions, but despite desperate pleas for the next two years I disowned them.

My loving brother held true to form. That first evening he partied hard in Las Vegas before skipping out on everyone including Beth, the new love of his life to parts unknown.

Now, my loving wife Beth. The next morning my solicitor picked up both the signed divorce papers and a letter from her. In return I forwarded her $50'000 and a note telling her that I had ripped up her note without reading it.

For the next two years, I became a new man and life was good. I became the new Phil. I played, I partied. I had never seen myself as a lady's man and yet I was hardly ever alone. I started to dress better and sample a different life. Deep down I knew I was only masking the pain I was feeling. Despite the parties, the women, nothing could come close to replacing the gigantic hole in my heart. It was at a party when I saw her. I could feel the sharp rush of emotion flow through me. It was a wine tasting evening and me and a couple of friends had decided to go. I was living back in LA, dabbling in various different ventures. Wine was a new one, hence this evenings soiree.

She was wearing a simple white dress that promoted her hourglass figure, her hair flowed freely down her shoulders and her perfect smile lightened the room. Nervously I debated whether to go over and talk. In the last two years I had many female companions but nothing serious or anyone that had caused a reaction like this.

I remembered the words: FAINT HEART NEVER WON THE HAND OF A FAIR MAIDEN, as I crossed the room.

Eye contact and I stumbled through some opening line. Her companions melted away leaving just the two of us, I was struggling to breathe.

For the next couple of minutes, we both spoke about absolutely nothing, words just came out of our mouths. I wasn't aware but I was caught looking at her hand for a wedding ring.

With a hint of sorrow, she held my hand. I was marriage, she said looking at me, but I did something incredibly stupid and I hurt and lost the love of my life. I regret that decision every day.

I felt a lump in my throat. You know a similar thing happened to me. My wife was my best friend, my partner and her betrayal hurt me deep. I thought I would be happy with my new life but over the last two years I've come to realise that I lost the love of my life. You see, I've never gotten over her!

Beth smiled at me, I could still see the hurt in the background but as I held her hand I felt something I hadn't experienced in a long time.

I'm suddenly not that interested in Wine, shall we get out of here? She quickly nodded and with that we exited the room. What did the future hold, I couldn't tell you. But for the first time in a long time I felt happy and I was willing to live with that!

The end.

Erringfoil
Erringfoil
196 Followers
12